moogu #81 Posted 04 March 2016 - 10:07 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 18115 battles
  • [HV-V] HV-V

View PostGootti_Kustaa, on 04 March 2016 - 08:55 AM, said:

WOT is pay to progress faster. 

It is very different from pay to win.

You can do all the same stuff the paying players do by spending more games doing it.

To use premium ammo, you must play tier 5-6 tanks to earn cash. Choose tanks that don't really need to use much premium ammo.

Play enough games to earn credits. Play more games to get better crews.

IT is not impossible, but people don't have patience for it. They then try to tier rush to tier X fast without premium account and with poor crews transferred using no credits/gold.

Then they cry about the difficulty.

Plan ahead and spend the time and you can get to be good without spending much (or any) gold/euros. 

sure , it is not impossible to play this game without spending any money on it , but this comes with a huge cost , YOUR TIME and YOUR SANITY 

as i said before , pay 2 reduce frustration , it's very smart of WG to make their game as it is now , brings them the $$$ even though it's a "f2p game" , look at other games which are f2p but have cosmetics for making money, don't have any other in game items to influence the game play , look at path of exile , look at league of legends , ofc it's not the same genre of game but WG can learn from them , but no , they make their game rage inducing so people will be kinda "forced" to spend money on it to reduce frustration

no matter how many of you defend this game that it's good as it is , you guys have no idea what you're talking about , probably brainwashed by WG already or you guys are die hard fan boys 

edit: look at the popular streamers how frustrated they are each match they play in this game , some show it , like foch , circon , orzanel , others don't show their frustration like qq baby (but deep inside him he's raging)

but they don't have a choice , they have built their community around world of tanks , so if they don't play this game they lose viewers and therefor they don't get that much money

qq baby has 3-4 sometimes 5k viewers when he plays this game , when he play hearthstone or whatever else game he barely gets 1-2k , so he is forced to play world of tanks even if he doesn't like it , same goes with foch , circon and others 

i like foch though cause he says the truth , he admited that he play this sh*t game called world of tanks to get viewers so he can sustain himself from streaming , but he bashes this game like no other streamer 

Edited by moogu, 04 March 2016 - 11:07 AM.

Xino9922 #82 Posted 04 March 2016 - 11:12 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 16052 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

View PostGeneral_McMuschi, on 03 March 2016 - 03:14 PM, said:

I agree. Even tho this community is pretty rude to the topic-starter, can you try to put yourselves in his position? how is he supposed to become experienced player if low/mid tier battles are as unbalanced as they are? he probably just gets one-shotted in most games, and dying so fast won't make him learn much. It's not his fault there are so many OP tanks running around on mid tiers.

The problem aren't just tanks with OP armor for their tier or tanks with huge alpha per shot/derp guns - the problem is that ATM there are too many of such tanks running around in mid tier battles.

There used to be just Matilda and Hetzer slightly OP on t4, now there's bunch of T28 eF30 tanks including hetzers and matildas, or Amx 40.

KV1 used to be OP tank of its tier, and M4 with its derp - now there's OI experimental, KV1S, KV-220-2, AT-2 etc.

KV2 used to be the terror of t6, now you get KV2 + at least one OI in every t6 battle.

When you combine all of this, there are bunch of unbalanced tanks in games from T4-T7.

And I am really glad I'm not a new player because I'd probably quit as well.

View PostKoriin, on 03 March 2016 - 03:21 PM, said:

Seeing the reactions of 'us' veterans I feel sorry for the guy.

Yes i do think he is overreacting, but I still think WG should adress this as a serious problem.

Where 'this' is the problem of new players are quite frequently the lowest tier in the battle due to the fact that they might have picked the wrong (scout) line  (Just a few 1000 games ago I got totally crazy of playing the a-20 and not being able to hurt any tank). I've introduced quite some people I know in real life or from other games to WoT and most of them quit due to the fact that their tanks where unable to deal damage. This, in combination with a lack of knowledge of the game mechanics (spotting, view range, crew skills, weak spots) and observation bias (I am always the lowest tier), was for most of those people to much to handle and they quite the game.

You can't expect everybody to bite through like the rest of 'us veterans'..

And to be honest, there are quite some times I play that I get the feeling I am constantly bottom tier in tanks that are absolutely not suited it while I get top tier in tanks that can handle being bottom tier quite well. For me, this is annoying as hell...

View PostNadezhda92, on 03 March 2016 - 03:30 PM, said:

Thank you for finally one good comment for someone who understand my point

View PostNadezhda92, on 03 March 2016 - 03:33 PM, said:

Thank u for understanding my point! yes i am bit overreacting but WG is making us like this

Well, would you like to try you luck against a Pz. IV at tier 5 with the L70 75 mm (stock panther) gun?

Or a KV-2 at tier 5?

And face both in a Pz. II?

If not, then you've never tried the game during the beta stages....

And people think it's not new player friendly? Well, it may not be entirely friendly, but a bloody lot better than what it was. Sure, lower tiers are still unbalanced but at least you don't have to face a KV-2 in a Pz. II. A lot of us did, and a lot of us still play the game  :hiding:

Also A-20 vs. E 100 and IS-7 is fun times... 6 tier scout matchmaking spread was the days :harp:

Gremlin182 #83 Posted 04 March 2016 - 08:17 PM

General

• Player
  • 54646 battles

View Postmoogu, on 04 March 2016 - 08:31 AM, said:

you contradict yourself here , you said that you can spam prem ammo without spending any penny on the game , yet then you say "Grab a tier 8 premium tank" 

or you can play 10 games in kv1 to farm credits , but tell me , how fun it is for each tier 10 tank played that you'll have to play 10 games in a tier 5 tank just to make credits? you will lose so many brain cells at lower tiers , simply not fun 

like i said , if you wanna reduce your frustration and if you have the IRL money to spend , then buy bundles from the shop with 10 mil credits or so and spam prem gold in all of your tanks , it's a win win , a pay 2 win to be more specific , a pay to reduce your frustration 

Not a contradiction I said Grab a tier 8 premium and you can do it even faster.

Saying you CAN do something for free and then add that the process can be accelerated for money is just giving more options

Premium time is a constant drain in cash but a premium tank is a one off payment that keeps giving  for a single payment

Years ago I bought the type 59 and then went on to show just how bad I was at tier 8

I spent about £13 to buy the type and have some 698 battles in it and earned many millions of credits and a pile of free xp

Having a really bad game probably nets me 30k a reasonable game 50 to 60 K and a good game much better.

Even if all those 698 battles were bad ones that would still be about 20 million credits

Gootti_Kustaa #84 Posted 07 March 2016 - 09:34 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 33283 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postcen_bnd, on 06 March 2016 - 08:47 PM, said:

Fully agree with this post.

Where's the fun when you have to fight higher tiers and knowing at the start your only chances to survive relies on your team - 50% so.

The damn match making system should propose players to fight same tier tanks as theirs if they want to. Even if they to have to wait for other players queueing. End +1/-1 tiers in Battle tier in match making!!!

I'm fed up.

Surprisingly some people manage to be at 60....65% global winrate for tens of thousads of games. It is not about luck. 

The game is hard to learn for some. Some don't even try to learn, they just push on and hope to get lucky, which is why they will never get good.

Salentine #85 Posted 07 March 2016 - 01:53 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23596 battles

View PostFrostilicus, on 03 March 2016 - 02:17 PM, said:

Bye

• 1242 battles

well considering he's up to 1433 now, that lasted long...

AHLagman #86 Posted 19 March 2016 - 02:28 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 4499 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I want to tell the OP a few things. I used to be a massive noob and sucked a crapton. Now, because of SGTA I became bad. It's better than being a massive noob. Now for everyone else, World of Tanks has a few elements that represent Pay to Win. Like buying premium accounts to get more credits and research points. Or buying gold to change it to free experience to get to the tank ahead of you because the tank you are using is too crapto play (usually happens in Tier 4) . Or when your gun can't penetrate anything, so you decide to buy 1000 gold, switch it to credits, then use it as premium shells. Or buy an overpowered premium tank and wreck the hell out of everyone. Also, if you want to remove an expensive module you have to pay 20 gold (absolutely [edited]). Of course, this isn't a massive issue but it is irritating if you don't like spending money, you aren't rich,  you are a student (like me), you are young and don't have a credit card or money (like me). It's annoying, but it isn't like the other free games where you pay and get everything you want. (For OP) Just learn to play and you will get better. 

Edited by AHLagman, 19 March 2016 - 02:28 PM.

Salentine #87 Posted 21 March 2016 - 10:42 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23596 battles

View PostSalentine, on 07 March 2016 - 01:53 PM, said:

well considering he's up to 1433 now, that lasted long...

and 1809 battles now...

DingIsHere #88 Posted 22 March 2016 - 09:33 PM

Colonel

• Clan Commander
  • 15975 battles
  • [4Q2] 4Q2
Nearly 30 battles per day since he quit....

StinkyCamper #89 Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:07 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23832 battles
  • [SCBL] SCBL
He has a point. Game is not worth playing anymore since nerfing of lights. Its not fun to go one same maps , doing same freaking drills, and win just because you know your tank and the map better. This is not playing this is exploiting weakness of the game. Light tanks put the fun in this game. Withtouth good scouts game it will torn slow into a 14 minutes miserable camping . My ideea of having fun in game  its not hugging a rock or a house for 15 minutes just to shoot a lower who is 8 years old and lost he's patience.

SpartanmarkV #90 Posted 19 May 2017 - 02:22 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 9559 battles

View PostStinkyCamper, on 19 May 2017 - 01:07 PM, said:

He has a point. Game is not worth playing anymore since nerfing of lights. Its not fun to go one same maps , doing same freaking drills, and win just because you know your tank and the map better. This is not playing this is exploiting weakness of the game. Light tanks put the fun in this game. Withtouth good scouts game it will torn slow into a 14 minutes miserable camping . My ideea of having fun in game  its not hugging a rock or a house for 15 minutes just to shoot a lower who is 8 years old and lost he's patience.

this forum post was a year ago and now you reply?

Jahrakajin #91 Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:40 PM

I sense a unholy power in here and a rotten smell...

Necromancy! 

Locking this thread up!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users