Season Two Feedback

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Fynnegun #1 Posted 03 March 2016 - 05:07 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 12676 battles

Hey everyone,

In scope of Season Three (even if it's in some time), I'd like your feedback in order to improve it, please mind the upcoming features planned.

As usual, please this constructive and I shall carry your voice to the devs.

• How do you perceive Season Two? Do you like it? Is it better or worse than Season One?
  • What is for your the most annoying thing and what do you dislike.
  • If there are any suggestions and/or improvements.
  • Any further relevant/constructive information.

Remember that pointing our problems is always good but it's always better if you have idea how to solve it.

Thanks!

Decept1on

arturo112 #2 Posted 03 March 2016 - 05:41 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9034 battles

Looking at the tier 10 map (since that's where the clan I'm in is playing), it is very static with very few battles. Even though we're holding 2 landing provinces and a bid province, most days we have 2 battles, sometimes even fewer. Hopefully the quest system will encourage some more movement on the map, but if the rewards aren't worth moving for, I imagine that most clans will just sit and farm gold again. In my opinion, the best way to get more fights on the map would be to make victory points give some worthwhile rewards (and make sure that these are not being artificially inflated by sub-clans attacking main-clans, etc. like in campaigns).

Regardless, I am currently preferring season 2 to season 1 as, even though there isn't much fighting going on in the west, when there was we at least knew that we weren't going to lose all our provinces to people bidding on our provinces to take land without winning a single battle. As well as this the removal of the arty and airstrike consumables has made the battles much more reliant on skill rather than the RNG of your strikes.

Most annoying thing: Losing battles :trollface:

I guess on a serious note, tank locking for 5-7 days can be really annoying, but I think the mechanic is fine.

Suggestions/Improvements: Shifting battles by 15 mins is already coming in season 3. Influence as a reward for quests is probably not going to encourage people to go for the quests really at all since this season it was pretty easy to build up a good stockpile of influence, and as for gold rewards, they will have to be fairly significant to discourage people from just sitting on the map, but the potential for a more dynamic map is there. 

Also, the map in my browser seems to be quite slow, but idk if there's anything that can be done to improve that.

bprelec #3 Posted 06 March 2016 - 11:43 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 34519 battles

Please forward my idea to the dev's im not sure where exactly it fits into clan wars mechanics

Allow clan commanders to make alliances, of which clans can join. 

Make alliance buildings (like stronghold buildings) Making them via industrial resources or influence points taxed from each member clan (or something else?)

Make alliance wide bonuses (like stronghold bonuses) Giving bonuses to provinces (i.e. 10% gold income?) or cooldown reductions, or other stuff

Make alliance chat (same like clan chat) This allows for much greater interaction between players, perhaps its 4AM and you are a no-life bob who plays all night and everyone in your clan is fast asleep, perhaps you can go troll the alliance chat?

Make official NAP's or deals in alliance mechanics, i.e. Pay 500 gold per day to clan X from total income. or NAP for X days that cannot be broken at all after it has been confirmed.

Make alliance battles exempt from penalty, i.e. sort it with technicals

Edited by bprelec, 06 March 2016 - 11:43 AM.

Gnomus #4 Posted 06 March 2016 - 02:47 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 34484 battles
  • [ASEET] ASEET

View Postbprelec, on 06 March 2016 - 11:43 AM, said:

Please forward my idea to the dev's im not sure where exactly it fits into clan wars mechanics

Allow clan commanders to make alliances, of which clans can join. 

Make alliance buildings (like stronghold buildings) Making them via industrial resources or influence points taxed from each member clan (or something else?)

Make alliance wide bonuses (like stronghold bonuses) Giving bonuses to provinces (i.e. 10% gold income?) or cooldown reductions, or other stuff

Make alliance chat (same like clan chat) This allows for much greater interaction between players, perhaps its 4AM and you are a no-life bob who plays all night and everyone in your clan is fast asleep, perhaps you can go troll the alliance chat?

Make official NAP's or deals in alliance mechanics, i.e. Pay 500 gold per day to clan X from total income. or NAP for X days that cannot be broken at all after it has been confirmed.

Make alliance battles exempt from penalty, i.e. sort it with technicals

That would be horrific. Give clear advantages from alliance (unbreakable NAP, extra income, ability to cover others) and we will see even more NAP/Alliance fest on the map. 

The main problem of alliance system is:

- Make it advantageous, and it will be abused to farm even more.

- Make it have disadvantage, and clans will just keep farming in unofficial NAPs like they do now.

Clans always pick way of least resistance and such system would just make on map clans more willing to sit tight and help each others against non-allied clans trying to come in. WG need to think some way of making fighting more interesting and beneficial than farming in NAPs. Hard part is make it in away not easily abused. Make clans "fight" to get increased income? Allied clans or sub clans would just stage battles between themselves to get benefit without real threat or something. We have already seen this on Campaigns.

bprelec #5 Posted 09 March 2016 - 11:56 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 34519 battles

View PostGnomus, on 06 March 2016 - 02:47 PM, said:

That would be horrific. Give clear advantages from alliance (unbreakable NAP, extra income, ability to cover others) and we will see even more NAP/Alliance fest on the map. 

No we will see only one alliance on the map.

Griva #6 Posted 11 March 2016 - 03:31 PM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Commander
  • 32286 battles

I wrote my opinion about new map in my topic about map rebalancewe cant play X tier CW (too strong clans)

Anyway tools for allies is good idea - still awaits :great:

Good thing to this season is removed Rando-airstrikes. (big plus)

Removed bidding provines is good think for some clans, but without it map is static and for my clan is not good option - but i understand good clans, this is uncomfortable option .

Griva #7 Posted 21 March 2016 - 03:10 AM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Commander
  • 32286 battles

Change set of map.

Tier X landings offer only: ensk, himmelsdorf, prohorovka, karelia, ensk, mines, mines, ensk, mines. I think VIII to... (but i didn't check)

Maybe add some Airport, El haluf, Redshire, Tundra, Sand river or Mountain pass? I very like mountain pass personaly - this is very pleasant green map. Instad it we have fisherman bay with bugs :(

Sylvansight #8 Posted 22 March 2016 - 06:15 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 27743 battles
  • [GEN] GEN
Replace static high-value provinces with a similar number of high-value moving convoys (a la Safari event)

mightyjosHi #9 Posted 22 March 2016 - 09:27 PM

Brigadier

• Clan Commander
  • 33818 battles
  • [S4] S4

Bring fun and tactic Modules (like borderlocking, etc.) back.

Please keep Arty-/Airstrikes out of CW (and remove them from Skirmish - maybe even from stronghold attacks/defs)

Give small rewards for winning in landing tournaments so the smaller Clans actually play to win (maybe 25k Credits, 10 Gold, small pers.Reserves).

FreemanNSM #10 Posted 25 March 2016 - 12:53 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 55627 battles

View PostGriva, on 21 March 2016 - 02:10 AM, said:

Change set of map.

Tier X landings offer only: ensk, himmelsdorf, prohorovka, karelia, ensk, mines, mines, ensk, mines. I think VIII to... (but i didn't check)

Maybe add some Airport, El haluf, Redshire, Tundra, Sand river or Mountain pass? I very like mountain pass personaly - this is very pleasant green map. Instad it we have fisherman bay with bugs :(

You have on tier X landings Airfield :) and Sand River on bidding provices also.

Griva #11 Posted 25 March 2016 - 08:29 PM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Commander
  • 32286 battles

View PostFreemanNSM, on 25 March 2016 - 11:53 AM, said:

You have on tier X landings Airfield :) and Sand River on bidding provices also.

Yes. One :D
Most painfull thing is WG removed many funny maps from the game...

For example dragon ridge - it was very interesting map :bush:

RaeudigerRonny #12 Posted 25 March 2016 - 08:32 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 26100 battles

View PostGriva, on 25 March 2016 - 08:29 PM, said:

Yes. One :D
Most painfull thing is WG removed many funny maps from the game...

For example dragon ridge - it was very interesting map :bush:

Province! I thought it was a funny map for T10 CW.

KABINE10 #13 Posted 26 March 2016 - 09:35 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 46572 battles
  • [RSOP] RSOP

View PostDomstadtkerl, on 25 March 2016 - 08:32 PM, said:

agreed. province was best!

mightyjosHi #14 Posted 27 March 2016 - 11:35 AM

Brigadier

• Clan Commander
  • 33818 battles
  • [S4] S4

Deception the one and only mighty staff member that listenes to the forums, hear my QQ about timezones after middle europe got summertime:

For clanwars it may be ok but please change them for the campaign so the majority of europe plays 20/21/22 and not 21/22/23 - i guess nobody wants to play landings until 2am.

Griva #15 Posted 27 March 2016 - 06:41 PM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Commander
  • 32286 battles

View PostDomstadtkerl, on 25 March 2016 - 07:32 PM, said:

It was :D

About primetimes - I remember last campaign yyy second day ?
The hour of battles (22~) and ! Timeeee stoppppeeed :D, CW server died xD

2 or 3 hours later (1am) - time machine started again, lets play CW until 3 am :great: Yeah it was nice surprise

juzzixx #16 Posted 27 March 2016 - 10:21 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 29783 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
Games start too late, its ruining clan scene in here in Finland and probably many other countries. DO something for it soon! Most finnish clans are dying or slowly dying. Many projects to make bigger clans from remaining but this starting times for matches are just too late. First clan wars should start earlier 20:00 (UTC+02:00) Helsinki, Kiev, Riika, Tallinna, Sofia, Vilna at least to save some eastern european players for game. These guys who leave clans now mostly leave wot too, so it would be in your best intrest to do something and fast!

fryboy1975 #17 Posted 28 March 2016 - 08:34 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 33950 battles
Please change the time zonessssssssssssssssssssss

Fynnegun #18 Posted 28 March 2016 - 10:39 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 12676 battles
Will be changed in Season Three (added an early PT) :)

Raffy5 #19 Posted 28 March 2016 - 11:58 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26711 battles
I for one like the time zones as they are now. :)

mightyjosHi #20 Posted 28 March 2016 - 12:15 PM

Brigadier

• Clan Commander
  • 33818 battles
  • [S4] S4

View Postpussinbootsraffy, on 28 March 2016 - 10:58 AM, said:

I for one like the time zones as they are now. :)

Yes, 20/21/22 is totally fine :trollface:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users