Sound (voice) mods in 9.14

• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

Hawk819 #21 Posted 12 March 2016 - 04:15 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 51 battles

If you guys do accomplish this, would you be willing to update this mod: http://forum.worldof...ss-2-voice-mod/

D2R52 #22 Posted 12 March 2016 - 06:46 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 15749 battles

View Postnemlengyel, on 10 March 2016 - 07:35 PM, said:

also, there seems to be a tool capable of packing .wems into .bnk files at http://forums.lastbu...ead.php?tid=101 - I haven't been able to test it yet, but if it works with WoT, it's probably much more usable than my WIP PoS of a program :)

I have found it before and tested with gui.bnk and couple other bnks - it can't inject modified wem into bnk, even if it is the same wem.

So I finished with manually injecting wems into bnk with hex editor, and it works, see this post

leeuniverse #23 Posted 12 March 2016 - 07:09 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 52 battles

Okay, just realized we don't have to create the final file with Wwise, so it's easy to use Wwise then to create as many soundbank files as we want up to 200 at a time, because another process is used to create the final file per one of the methods in this thread or the other.

Edited by leeuniverse, 12 March 2016 - 08:40 PM.

Aim_Drol #24 Posted 12 March 2016 - 07:28 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23155 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL
I'd like to create my own soundbanks with a couple of files and then play them ingame. How would I achieve that? Doing it in FMOD was quite easy but I can't really figure WWise out. 

leeuniverse #25 Posted 12 March 2016 - 10:01 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 52 battles

Hey nemlengyel....

Could you create a new thread with a full Tutorial on how to do this stuff using your file?

I'm looking for a bit more simple and yours seems so than the other thread on NA?

I finally figured out what to do with the CPP file, made it into an EXE, now I have no idea what to do with it.

It has a small instruction, but still don't know what I'm to do.  So, a full Tutorial would be great from beginning to end on how to create/change sounds.

Thanks.

wojtus11 #26 Posted 12 March 2016 - 11:11 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 49158 battles
  • [TMDA] TMDA
Bad news guys - IDs in English and Polish voiceover.bnk are different. So it looks like any voiceover mod will be language-dependant (I mean game interface language).

wojtus11 #27 Posted 13 March 2016 - 01:45 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 49158 battles
  • [TMDA] TMDA

View Postnemlengyel, on 09 March 2016 - 07:59 PM, said:

Until then, people could use Ravioli Game Tools though to open voiceover.bnk and listen to the 317 crew voice files within it, so that we know which numeric ID is what kind of sound effect (ie what to replace).

I have most of them here (IDs for English voiceover.bnk):

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fJPnlsUFW_DEl65ag13ztuXoOfMozBiSnhy71Pad3FY/edit?usp=sharing

There still are few ambiguous. I still haven't succeeded in actually replacing sounds, so I can't solve those doubts yet.

Edited by wojtus11, 13 March 2016 - 01:46 AM.

Unsportsmanlike_Conduct #28 Posted 13 March 2016 - 12:13 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8791 battles

View Postleeuniverse, on 12 March 2016 - 10:01 PM, said:

Hey nemlengyel....

Could you create a new thread with a full Tutorial on how to do this stuff using your file?

I'm looking for a bit more simple and yours seems so than the other thread on NA?

I finally figured out what to do with the CPP file, made it into an EXE, now I have no idea what to do with it.

It has a small instruction, but still don't know what I'm to do.  So, a full Tutorial would be great from beginning to end on how to create/change sounds.

Thanks.

Hey :)

Software you need: Ravioli Game Tools, Audiokinetic Wwise, VLC, and my program.

0) Ensure that your new sound files are in the .wav format, you can use whatever converter you like to achieve this.

1) Create a new Wwise project, import all your .wav files, convert them all. A bunch of .wems will appear in the project's .cache/SFX directory.

2) Copy res/audioww/voiceover.bnk to the project's .cache/SFX directory. Open it with RGT, select the option to extract all files and the option convert them to .ogg (Vorbis).

3.1) Get my program. Before compiling, you should change the VLC_PATH macro so that it points to your actual VLC installation directory, and the code on line 248 (https://gist.github....ceover-cpp-L248 ) to represent the actual suffix that Wwise added to your .wem files (originalfilename_THISISTHESUFFIXTHATWWISEADDEDLOOKITEVENCONTAINSNUMBERS420.wem). It really sucks you need to do this, and I will fix it pretty soon. Once that's done, compile.

3.2) Now run my program. If everything works well, it will print the first ID in the .bnk file, play the original sound effect, and prompt you for the name of the .wem file (without the suffix and the .wem extension so you have to type less) that will replace it. Enter that and press Enter, then it will ask you for the next one and so on. If you are done, press Ctrl+Z. The program will print the index you are at, so that you can write that number down and continue from there later. Also note that the first index is 0.

4) Check with RGT that everything is OK with the modded .bnk file (listen to a few sounds). If all is well, copy it to res_mods/0.9.14/audioww (thanks wojtus11)

5) Launch WoT, ensure you have crew voices set to Standard (not National).

6) ???

7) $$$

I will probably provide binaries once my tool becomes actually usable so you won't have to play with macros. For anyone wanting to mess with the code, I just used CodeBlocks + the bundled GCC, it's pretty easy to setup and does not require much system resources.

Edited by nemlengyel, 13 March 2016 - 12:17 PM.

polandmet #29 Posted 14 March 2016 - 12:22 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 64133 battles
Can You also tell how to removeing crew voices permamently ?

Jordanpap #30 Posted 14 March 2016 - 12:34 AM

Private

• Player
  • 12438 battles
Can someone shows a tutorial on how to change the music of the game please???

wojtus11 #31 Posted 14 March 2016 - 01:40 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 49158 battles
  • [TMDA] TMDA

View Postpolandmet, on 14 March 2016 - 12:22 AM, said:

Can You also tell how to removeing crew voices permamently ?

Try removing "voiceover.bnk" file from res/audioww. Either it will work or game will not start.

leeuniverse #32 Posted 14 March 2016 - 07:01 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 52 battles

Thanks nemlengyel.... for the Tutorial, will try it out.

BTW, what is the purpose of using VLC?

I already have a bunch of Audio/Video programs, Encoders, etc.

Can we use something else?  Like I use K-Lite Codec Pack Mega with old WMP.

Unsportsmanlike_Conduct #33 Posted 14 March 2016 - 12:18 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8791 battles

Aaaaaand... I just tested and you don't need my program. Or anything else for that matter. All you need is Audiokinetic WWISE and maybe a WAV converter of your choice. No messing with .bnk files, no command line. Just convenient GUI audio editing like a boss.

1) Create a new project in WWISE. File->Project Settings->General->Event Creation: untick "Add action name". Source Settings: set conversion settings to Vorbis Quality High.

2) Start looking at WoT's sound_notification.xml: https://gist.github....f273bac357800c4 Only the <wwsound> tags are important: they contain the event names like vo_target_captured.

3) For each event name, right-click Actor-Mixer Hierarchy -> Default Work Unit -> New Child -> Random Container, name this the same as the event.

4) Right-click your new container, Import Audio Files, import your shiny new sounds, rinse and repeat till you are done.

5) Once done, select all the containers you created, right-click, then select New Event (One Event per Object)->Play.

6) Right-click again, Multi-edit->Source Settings->Conversion Settings, tick Override conversion settings and select Vorbis Quality High.

6) Select Layouts->Soundbank from the upper menu, create a new soundbank, drag in all your events, click Generate, fetch your .bnk, put it in res_mods/0.9.14/audio, enjoy.

7) If you have more than 200 sound files, WWISE will throw a hissy fit because they want your money. Don't care: just create a soundbank with less than 200 files, generate it, copy it someplace else, delete your events from the soundbank, put the other 200 files in the soundbank, generate that too, then tell WoT in engine_config.xml to load both of them.

Spoiler

Edited by nemlengyel, 14 March 2016 - 12:25 PM.

Unsportsmanlike_Conduct #34 Posted 14 March 2016 - 01:36 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8791 battles
This should also be doable for music that plays before and during battles, although we can't identify which .bnk contains those, so you have to unpack the .xmls in res/scripts/arena_defs and replace the music event names too.

Aim_Drol #35 Posted 14 March 2016 - 02:49 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23155 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

View Postnemlengyel, on 14 March 2016 - 12:18 PM, said:

Aaaaaand... I just tested and you don't need my program. Or anything else for that matter. All you need is Audiokinetic WWISE and maybe a WAV converter of your choice. No messing with .bnk files, no command line. Just convenient GUI audio editing like a boss.

1) Create a new project in WWISE. File->Project Settings->General->Event Creation: untick "Add action name". Source Settings: set conversion settings to Vorbis Quality High.

2) Start looking at WoT's sound_notification.xml: https://gist.github....f273bac357800c4 Only the <wwsound> tags are important: they contain the event names like vo_target_captured.

3) For each event name, right-click Actor-Mixer Hierarchy -> Default Work Unit -> New Child -> Random Container, name this the same as the event.

4) Right-click your new container, Import Audio Files, import your shiny new sounds, rinse and repeat till you are done.

5) Once done, select all the containers you created, right-click, then select New Event (One Event per Object)->Play.

6) Right-click again, Multi-edit->Source Settings->Conversion Settings, tick Override conversion settings and select Vorbis Quality High.

6) Select Layouts->Soundbank from the upper menu, create a new soundbank, drag in all your events, click Generate, fetch your .bnk, put it in res_mods/0.9.14/audio, enjoy.

7) If you have more than 200 sound files, WWISE will throw a hissy fit because they want your money. Don't care: just create a soundbank with less than 200 files, generate it, copy it someplace else, delete your events from the soundbank, put the other 200 files in the soundbank, generate that too, then tell WoT in engine_config.xml to load both of them.

Spoiler

If I were to create a new soundbank with custom sounds, I guess I would mostly do it the same way. Then I'd have to add the new sounds to sound_notifications.xml so that I get IDs I can play them with, right?

wojtus11 #36 Posted 14 March 2016 - 03:03 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 49158 battles
  • [TMDA] TMDA

View PostAim_Drol, on 14 March 2016 - 02:49 PM, said:

If I were to create a new soundbank with custom sounds, I guess I would mostly do it the same way. Then I'd have to add the new sounds to sound_notifications.xml so that I get IDs I can play them with, right?

Not really. As long as you use correct event names (like "vo_commander_killed" ) and cover all events in this bank, you can just replace voiceover.bnk without touching XMLs.

Edited by wojtus11, 14 March 2016 - 03:49 PM.

theSwedishTankDriver #37 Posted 14 March 2016 - 05:30 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 27766 battles
  • [KITTY] KITTY

View Postnemlengyel, on 14 March 2016 - 12:18 PM, said:

Spoiler

Thanks a lot, very helpful! :)

One problem though, I want to only change the crew voice for  when I destroy a vehicle, but the rest of the crew notifications get removed as well.

So do I have to export the original voices from original voiceover.bnk to separate .wav files and add them in every single evernt to WWISE? If that's the case, it's a bit too time consuming ;)

leeuniverse #38 Posted 14 March 2016 - 05:38 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 52 battles

View Postwojtus11, on 14 March 2016 - 07:03 AM, said:

Not really. As long as you use correct event names (like "vo_commander_killed" ) and cover all events in this bank, you can just replace voiceover.bnk without touching XMLs.

So, we have to make sure we have ALL sounds included in our version of the .bnk?  Even if we are just changing some?

Just making sure.

theSwedishTankDriver #39 Posted 14 March 2016 - 05:44 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 27766 battles
  • [KITTY] KITTY

View Postleeuniverse, on 14 March 2016 - 05:38 PM, said:

So, we have to make sure we have ALL sounds included in our version of the .bnk?  Even if we are just changing some?

Just making sure.

This is what I wondered as well

Aim_Drol #40 Posted 14 March 2016 - 06:01 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23155 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

View Postwojtus11, on 14 March 2016 - 03:03 PM, said:

I understood that. I'm curious though if I have to fiddle with the xml file if I create a new custom soundbank (with the sound of the CoD hitmarker) , that doesn't replace an existing one, to be able to play that sound or if I just have to use the ID from the soundbank (the equivalent to  vo_commander_killed). I guess I should just try it and report back. 

I'm also wondering if there's a convenient way to replace just some of the sound files. I guess somebody could do the tedious job and rebuild the ingame_voice in a Wwise projekt and share that one. Then you could use a copy of that project to just replace the sounds you want and create the sound bank.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users