Sound (voice) mods in 9.14

• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

karvalegoff #61 Posted 16 March 2016 - 01:47 AM

Private

• Player
  • 27 battles

View Postnemlengyel, on 16 March 2016 - 12:48 AM, said:

wait, the event viewer seems to be showing that you created individual events for each file?

you should create an event for only the container, and be sure to name the event "sixthsense".

also check your conversion settings, like Aimdrol here had to fiddle with them too

I'm not sure I follow completely, I import the audio files and then select the container and the audio, select new event (one event per object) ->  play, If I grab just the audio files under the container and select new event (one event per object) ->  play, they don't play any sound when the bank is made, but if I select the container itself I don't get the option (one event per object), just new event -> play.   also If I select just the container by itself I don't have the multi-edit option on right-click.

Edited by karvalegoff, 16 March 2016 - 01:48 AM.

Aim_Drol #62 Posted 16 March 2016 - 02:58 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24792 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

View Postwojtus11, on 16 March 2016 - 01:30 AM, said:

Probably that specs is incomplete... Anyway reading it I suspect volume slider-assignments are controlled by thing called "AudioBus". If I only knew this bus number. Or name. :>

Maybe you can reverse engineer that from the client's files?  

Unsportsmanlike_Conduct #63 Posted 16 March 2016 - 07:58 AM

Private

• Player
  • 9014 battles

View Postkarvalegoff, on 16 March 2016 - 01:47 AM, said:

I'm not sure I follow completely, I import the audio files and then select the container and the audio, select new event (one event per object) ->  play, If I grab just the audio files under the container and select new event (one event per object) ->  play, they don't play any sound when the bank is made, but if I select the container itself I don't get the option (one event per object), just new event -> play.   also If I select just the container by itself I don't have the multi-edit option on right-click.

Why would you have multi-edit or one event per object options if you select just one element?

That is perfectly fine. Just select the container only, don't select the music files, and select New Event -> Play.

wojtus11 #64 Posted 16 March 2016 - 01:27 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 52704 battles
  • [TMDA] TMDA

View PostAim_Drol, on 16 March 2016 - 02:58 AM, said:

Maybe you can reverse engineer that from the client's files?  

I wish I was speaking fluent binary ;>

Aim_Drol #65 Posted 16 March 2016 - 02:51 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24792 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL
I guess speaking Russian to check the russian forums for info on this and sound mods in general would be enough. ;)

wojtus11 #66 Posted 16 March 2016 - 04:09 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 52704 battles
  • [TMDA] TMDA

View PostAim_Drol, on 16 March 2016 - 02:51 PM, said:

I guess speaking Russian to check the russian forums for info on this and sound mods in general would be enough. ;)

You're so right!

Thanks to xasic, night_dragon_on and AXE from koreanrandom, I've nailed it. So:

1) Under "Actor-Mixed Hierarchy/Default Working Unit" create "Actor-Mixer", name it "voice_gui" (however I think name does not matter here).

2) Move all existing random containers to this new "voice_gui" - and if you create new ones, create them under it

3) Right click "voice_gui" and select Edit

4) Open RTPC tab, then >> at the bottom to add new function

5) Select "Voice Volume" (this will be Y-axis), then as X-axis select Game Parameters/New... and type RTPC_ext_menu_volume_voice_gui

6) You will get a nice chart of your function, default shape and values are good.

If you want to attach your sounds to a different volume slider, here are the magic words:

Spoiler

rtpc.png

Edited by wojtus11, 16 March 2016 - 05:45 PM.

Aim_Drol #67 Posted 16 March 2016 - 06:32 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24792 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

wojtus11, that's really nice.

I want to replace the sound that's played when you do a critical hit to somebody, how do I get the ID for that? 

Unsportsmanlike_Conduct #68 Posted 16 March 2016 - 07:14 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9014 battles

View PostAim_Drol, on 16 March 2016 - 06:32 PM, said:

wojtus11, that's really nice.

I want to replace the sound that's played when you do a critical hit to somebody, how do I get the ID for that? 

There are multiple such events, all are located in sound_notifications.xml:

• vo_enemy_no_hp_damage_at_attempt_and_chassis_damaged_by_player
  • vo_enemy_no_hp_damage_at_attempt_and_gun_damaged_by_player
  • vo_damage_by_near_explosion_by_player

karvalegoff #69 Posted 16 March 2016 - 09:19 PM

Private

• Player
  • 27 battles

View Postnemlengyel, on 16 March 2016 - 07:58 AM, said:

Why would you have multi-edit or one event per object options if you select just one element?

That is perfectly fine. Just select the container only, don't select the music files, and select New Event -> Play.

because I've never used this program before and I used your guide on page 2 of this thread to get things working, followed your instructions, I'll try without the multi-edit and with just the play option, thx for your help, really appreciate it!

I may have figured out my 2 sounds playing at once problem when using a multi-sound 6th sense .bnk

1.   open wwise, new project, name it

2.   click top left "project", go to project settings/general  untick "add action name" then click the source settings tab, set default conversion settings to vorbis quality high

3.   right click Default work unit under actor-mixer hierarchy, choose "New Child"/random container, then name it.

4.   on the project explorer workspace, click "sharesets" go to conversion setting/vorbis, double click vorbis quality high, slide quality to 6 then close the conversion settings editor box.

5.   in the random container settings workspace (top right side) "general settings" tab, playtype box, I switched to shuffle and "unchecked avoid repeating last" then, find the advanced settings tab, "playback limt" box, check "limit sound instances to" box and set it to 1 per game object.

6.   back to the project explorer workspace, right click the random container you named, and import your audio files

7.   right click your named container again, select "new event" then play.

8.   click layouts on the top and select sound bank

9   in the soundbank manager workspace select new, then name your new soundbank. then click the + symbol next to Default work unit to expand the tree and show your named soundbank.

10.   from the project explorer workspace drag your named container (and only the container, not the audio files as well) to the soundbank manager workspace onto your named soundbank. you'll see it get added to the bottom right workspace (soundbank editor)

11.   in the soundbank workspace put a check in default work unit and also check the box in platorm and language.

12.   click generate then find your new soundbank file in generatedsoundbanks/windows folder.

Edited by karvalegoff, 16 March 2016 - 11:28 PM.

Archeologyst #70 Posted 17 March 2016 - 04:51 PM

Private

• Player
  • 22406 battles
it is possible to convert the whole 9.13 audio folder to .pkg format , and just replace the current audioww.pkg file?

Unsportsmanlike_Conduct #71 Posted 17 March 2016 - 06:46 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9014 battles

View PostArcheologyst, on 17 March 2016 - 04:51 PM, said:

it is possible to convert the whole 9.13 audio folder to .pkg format , and just replace the current audioww.pkg file?

I'm afraid that would be a nontrivial task. Why would you even want to do that? Do you dislike the current gun/engine sounds? If so, you should probably wait a bit, I'm pretty sure someone will release a mod for those once people get used to the new format.

Jordanpap #72 Posted 17 March 2016 - 08:09 PM

Private

• Player
  • 15373 battles
Hello to everyone, i want to replace the music of the game in all stages (garage, intro, victory, defeat etc) with my own tracks, any ideas on how to do it with the latest versinon (9.14)?  Thanks!!

Unsportsmanlike_Conduct #73 Posted 18 March 2016 - 12:40 AM

Private

• Player
  • 9014 battles

View PostJordanpap, on 17 March 2016 - 08:09 PM, said:

Hello to everyone, i want to replace the music of the game in all stages (garage, intro, victory, defeat etc) with my own tracks, any ideas on how to do it with the latest versinon (9.14)?  Thanks!!

Here's what I got for battle intro music:

Off the top of my head, the intro events are:

• music_rus_village (Murovanka etc)
  • music_euro_village
  • music_kharkov (Kharkov)
  • music_himmelsdorf (Himmelsdorf, Lakeville et al.)
  • music_desert (El Halluf & Sand River)
  • music_kavkaz (Mountain Pass)
  • music_america

(my laptop doesn't have WoT so it'd be great if someone could quickly verify)

Anyways, create a new project in Audiokinetic Wwise, and import your new intro music files (they must be in .wav format). For each file, create a new Play event (right-click the music file, new  Event->Play), and rename the event to where the music should play (i.e., for the music file that should play on El Halluf and Sand River, the event name should be music_desert from the above list).

Once done, select all music files, Multi-Edit, and override conversion settings to Vorbis Quality High. Then switch to Layouts->Soundbanks in the upper menu, create a new soundbank, drag in your events (only the events), and generate it. Put the resulting .bnk file into res_mods/0.9.14/audioww and tell WoT in engine_config.xml to load it.

This should theoretically work but if it does not, I should test and fiddle with it tomorrow anyways, so if it does not work and you did everything right, be sure to check back here to see if we smoked up anything :). One of the things I have yet to figure out is what makes the stop event fire when the countdown ends (so that the intro music does not play on). Until then, you could just shorten the tracks to like 30-35 secs so that they end anyways.

Edited by nemlengyel, 18 March 2016 - 08:53 AM.

WarAngels #74 Posted 18 March 2016 - 03:46 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

Hello MajorRenegade from Na server.

I was gonna to take a look at the engine_config.xml. But It gave me this. Anybody know how to fix this problem? Wows xml files i can open just fine. but Wot, it giving me this crap no matter what xml I tried to open. I'm  missing some kind of pulgin for notepad++ or something?

Thanks in advance

Edited by WarAngels, 18 March 2016 - 03:47 PM.

Aslain #75 Posted 18 March 2016 - 04:16 PM

Field Marshal

• Community Contributor
  • 14600 battles

View PostWarAngels, on 18 March 2016 - 03:46 PM, said:

Hello MajorRenegade from Na server.

I was gonna to take a look at the engine_config.xml. But It gave me this. Anybody know how to fix this problem? Wows xml files i can open just fine. but Wot, it giving me this crap no matter what xml I tried to open. I'm  missing some kind of pulgin for notepad++ or something?

Thanks in advance

You need WoTTool to decrypt it.

Edited by Aslain, 18 March 2016 - 04:16 PM.

WarAngels #76 Posted 18 March 2016 - 04:19 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostAslain, on 18 March 2016 - 04:16 PM, said:

You need WoTTool to decrypt it.

ahh, thanks aslain. I wish I knew about this sooner. :P

Aim_Drol #77 Posted 18 March 2016 - 06:21 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24792 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

View Postnemlengyel, on 16 March 2016 - 07:14 PM, said:

There are multiple such events, all are located in sound_notifications.xml:

• vo_enemy_no_hp_damage_at_attempt_and_chassis_damaged_by_player
  • vo_enemy_no_hp_damage_at_attempt_and_gun_damaged_by_player
  • vo_damage_by_near_explosion_by_player

I tested a bit and these are not the ones I meant. Sometimes there is some kind of bell sound in addition to the regular voice feedback for doing damage in the vanilla client. 

Thankfully you don't have to encrypt the modified xml files again for the client to load. 

wojtus11 #78 Posted 18 March 2016 - 06:49 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 52704 battles
  • [TMDA] TMDA

View PostAim_Drol, on 18 March 2016 - 06:21 PM, said:

I tested a bit and these are not the ones I meant. Sometimes there is some kind of bell sound in addition to the regular voice feedback for doing damage in the vanilla client. 

Right now we know event names only for crew voices and few others like 6th sense. There is a lot more of them, whole WWise is event-based. The perfect way would be to decode event names from original .bnk - or read them somehow from game files. RU forums to the rescue again? ;)

Unsportsmanlike_Conduct #79 Posted 19 March 2016 - 12:10 AM

Private

• Player
  • 9014 battles

Now, now. Battle intro music. Has anyone played with these?

The events (music_himmelsdorf, music_kavkaz yadda yadda) are in the xmls in arena_defs, but the trick really seems to be stopping the music when the countdown ends. There must be some event that is not vo_start_battle and fires when this happens, so I could bind a Stop event to it...

D2R52 #80 Posted 19 March 2016 - 12:12 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 15749 battles

View Postwojtus11, on 18 March 2016 - 06:49 PM, said:

Right now we know event names only for crew voices and few others like 6th sense. There is a lot more of them, whole WWise is event-based. The perfect way would be to decode event names from original .bnk - or read them somehow from game files. 

It is not possible to read names from bnk files, because only hashes of event names are stored in bnk files.

I think that almost all event names can be found in xml files, in nodes with ww prefix.

E.g. in shot_effects.xml we have entries like <wwsound>    imp_surf_metal_fougasse_main    </wwsound>, etc

In <destructibles_effects.xml> we have <wwsound>    obj_treefall_creak    </wwsound>,etc

<environment_effects.xml> - <wwsound>    ambient_burn_static_mid    </wwsound> etc

<vehicle_effects.xml> - <wwsound>    phys_friction_after_coll_npc    </wwsound>

and so on.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users