m46 patton kr

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

Pansenmann #21 Posted 20 March 2016 - 10:14 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 35752 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

maybe you should have a look at the 'murican specific tank subforum?

I might be wrong, but it seems logical to me. :B

*hint: http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/544194-the-new-m46-patton-premium-medium-tier8-tank-review/

kaneAAA #22 Posted 20 March 2016 - 10:15 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 41998 battles
  • [SKRAP] SKRAP

View PostEtre_, on 20 March 2016 - 09:14 PM, said:

What this guy said :)

please dont encourage him.... i like slow tanks ...sometimes..

Unknown_Lifeform #23 Posted 20 March 2016 - 10:24 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 27442 battles

Like a medium.

Seriously, not being flippant, I mean it. Patton KR is very typical of a US medium tank in that it doesn't really stand out at anything but isn't bad at anything either (OK but not great armour for a med, OK but not great speed). What it does have going for it is amazing dispersion when not aimed, great gun depression and a decentish turret. Its fantastic at working ridgelines, snap shotting and then dropping back and avoiding fire (and if you don't avoid it there is a fair chance it will bounce). Don't be afraid to fire on the move as you dart between cover or dogfight a lone enemy.

What it doesn't really have going for it is good DPM so try not to be overly aggressive in it but support and work with other meds or flank engaged opponents. You want to be chipping away at the enemy rather than going all in (unless they are solo and weak). I can also think of better tanks to be in in a tier 10 match as the pen is OK but not great and the lack of other outstanding features leaves you with few advantages to play with. I'd rather be in a mutz bottom tier with the better sniping and mobility and lower profile.

So basically its a very versatile all-rounder medium, great and short to mid ranges snap shotting.

Etre_ #24 Posted 20 March 2016 - 10:28 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 57746 battles
  • [GTD] GTD

View PostkaneAAA, on 20 March 2016 - 10:15 PM, said:

please dont encourage him.... i like slow tanks ...sometimes..

Man, what I can say to help you ? 

Not much on a forum. You have to know positions where to go with this tank. 

Is not a sniper kind of tank. So if you want to bush camp 300 m behind your front line, that won't work well. 

What this tank excel at is ridge fighting. Go everywhere is a hill and don't take for granted that will bounce something off his turret. And it has one of the best, if not the best gun handling among tier 8 premiums, for middle to close range fights.

PanzerKFeldherrnhalle #25 Posted 20 March 2016 - 11:16 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 2968 battles
  • [TIMES] TIMES
It has gun depression so it can never be useless. Other than that quality is worse than the Mutz in every possible way. It is also worse than the Pershing in every possible way. It is possibly also worse than the STA-2, but of that I'm not too sure. Be active, use the view range and the gun depression. With those 2 attributes no tank is ever miserable. At least you didn't buy a T-34-3 or a T-54 mod 1 so that's already excellent.

kaneAAA #26 Posted 20 March 2016 - 11:23 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 41998 battles
  • [SKRAP] SKRAP

View PostLegioCenturion, on 20 March 2016 - 10:16 PM, said:

It has gun depression so it can never be useless. Other than that quality is worse than the Mutz in every possible way. It is also worse than the Pershing in every possible way. It is possibly also worse than the STA-2, but of that I'm not too sure. Be active, use the view range and the gun depression. With those 2 attributes no tank is ever miserable. At least you didn't buy a T-34-3 or a T-54 mod 1 so that's already excellent.

i like my t54 mod... :confused:

PanzerKFeldherrnhalle #27 Posted 20 March 2016 - 11:29 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 2968 battles
  • [TIMES] TIMES

View PostkaneAAA, on 20 March 2016 - 10:23 PM, said:

i like my t54 mod... :confused:

That's all it takes I guess. Liking it, it you did well in buying it.

Schmeksiman #28 Posted 20 March 2016 - 11:44 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 16712 battles
  • [INC] INC
Why would you buy a Patton KR when you don't have a single high tier US medium tank? You don't know the playstyle nor will it be useful for crew training...

Grand_Moff_Tano #29 Posted 20 March 2016 - 11:45 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 1776 battles

View PostSchmeksiman, on 20 March 2016 - 10:44 PM, said:

Why would you buy a Patton KR when you don't have a single high tier US medium tank? You don't know the playstyle nor will it be useful for crew training...

Not everyone buys premium tanks for crew training and it also isn't their sole purpose.

Etre_ #30 Posted 20 March 2016 - 11:47 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 57746 battles
  • [GTD] GTD

View PostLegioCenturion, on 20 March 2016 - 11:16 PM, said:

You are speaking from your vast experience, having Mutz or KR, or eventually both, no ?

Actually KR is in a lot of ways better then Mutz.

For starter, it's sides are not auto pen when sidescrapping. Are IS6 quality ? No, ofc not, but even so that's a huge advantage over Mutz. Town map and Mutz ? Just lol. CDC is better then Mutz in towns. At least that thing is fast (yeah is faster then Mutz).

Second, like for the 1000th time, the gun handling is vastly better on KR when it comes to middle to close range fights. Everyone who says Mutz has better gun, are guys who prefer fighting at long ranges. Mutz is a better sniper, but that's pretty much it.

So, all depends on play style. Did you enjoy the Pershing , get the KR which is a very close experience.

Do you want a slower CDC with a little better gun dispersion and turret ? Go for Mutz.

Edited by Etre_, 20 March 2016 - 11:49 PM.

Schmeksiman #31 Posted 20 March 2016 - 11:48 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 16712 battles
  • [INC] INC

View PostCommodore_Ahsoka_Tano, on 20 March 2016 - 11:45 PM, said:

Not everyone buys premium tanks for crew training and it also isn't their sole purpose.

But it's not like the Patton KR is a particularly good tank that you'd need to have.

I get when people buy an FCM or an IS-6, those things are pretty good but for me it doesn't make sense to buy something you don't have a clue about.

Grand_Moff_Tano #32 Posted 20 March 2016 - 11:50 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 1776 battles

View PostSchmeksiman, on 20 March 2016 - 10:48 PM, said:

But it's not like the Patton KR is a particularly good tank that you'd need to have.

I get when people buy an FCM or an IS-6, those things are pretty good but for me it doesn't make sense to buy something you don't have a clue about.

That's true, US Medium tanks from Tier 6 onwards are rather hard to master.

Etre_ #33 Posted 20 March 2016 - 11:54 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 57746 battles
  • [GTD] GTD

View PostCommodore_Ahsoka_Tano, on 20 March 2016 - 11:50 PM, said:

That's true, US Medium tanks from Tier 6 onwards are rather hard to master.

Hard to master ? T20 is like a bliss. Pershing is the only medium usable for T8 CW and down right OP if played well. 

Grand_Moff_Tano #34 Posted 21 March 2016 - 12:01 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 1776 battles

View PostEtre_, on 20 March 2016 - 10:54 PM, said:

Hard to master ? T20 is like a bliss. Pershing is the only medium usable for T8 CW and down right OP if played well. 

I found it rather underpowering at tier 7 with the 90mm gun, Pershing I've never played but never liked the T20.

Slyspy #35 Posted 21 March 2016 - 12:03 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 14633 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
It growls like a tiger. 

Grand_Moff_Tano #36 Posted 21 March 2016 - 12:07 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 1776 battles

View PostSlyspy, on 20 March 2016 - 11:03 PM, said:

It growls like a tiger. 

And punches like a Kitten.

Slyspy #37 Posted 21 March 2016 - 12:20 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 14633 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostCommodore_Ahsoka_Tano, on 21 March 2016 - 12:07 AM, said:

And punches like a Kitten.

Iirc the ap pen is 2mm less than the Pershing. 

PanzerKFeldherrnhalle #38 Posted 21 March 2016 - 12:37 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 2968 battles
  • [TIMES] TIMES

View PostEtre_, on 20 March 2016 - 10:47 PM, said:

You are speaking from your vast experience, having Mutz or KR, or eventually both, no ?

Actually KR is in a lot of ways better then Mutz.

For starter, it's sides are not auto pen when sidescrapping. Are IS6 quality ? No, ofc not, but even so that's a huge advantage over Mutz. Town map and Mutz ? Just lol. CDC is better then Mutz in towns. At least that thing is fast (yeah is faster then Mutz).

Second, like for the 1000th time, the gun handling is vastly better on KR when it comes to middle to close range fights. Everyone who says Mutz has better gun, are guys who prefer fighting at long ranges. Mutz is a better sniper, but that's pretty much it.

So, all depends on play style. Did you enjoy the Pershing , get the KR which is a very close experience.

Do you want a slower CDC with a little better gun dispersion and turret ? Go for Mutz.

I don't have neither but I know which ones I prefer seeing on the enemy team. The Mutz gets in position a lot faster, it's very mobile allowing it to relocate and most (or very) importantly has very good gun depression and 212 pen. The combination of both things - depression and pen - means the Mutz doesn't really need to aim a lot. In addition the M46 armour (turret or hull) is non-existent whereas the Mutz can "unexpectedly" bounce. Sometimes doesn't bounce anything but other times it will bounce a few shells and that's a quality. Now I'll tell you what I don't know: Mutz has better DPM but that on itself doesn't mean a thing so I don't question your statement that the M46 has better gun handling and is therefore capable of dishing out damage in a better fashion. I don't know, but trust your word on that.

Etre_ #39 Posted 21 March 2016 - 12:43 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 57746 battles
  • [GTD] GTD

View PostLegioCenturion, on 21 March 2016 - 12:37 AM, said:

I don't have neither but I know which ones I prefer seeing on the enemy team. The Mutz gets in position a lot faster, it's very mobile allowing it to relocate and most (or very) importantly has very good gun depression and 212 pen. The combination of both things - depression and pen - means the Mutz doesn't really need to aim a lot. In addition the M46 armour (turret or hull) is non-existent whereas the Mutz can "unexpectedly" bounce. Sometimes doesn't bounce anything but other times it will bounce a few shells and that's a quality. Now I'll tell you what I don't know: Mutz has better DPM but that on itself doesn't mean a thing so I don't question your statement that the M46 has better gun handling and is therefore capable of dishing out damage in a better fashion. I don't know, but trust your word on that.

Sorry but just no. Your statement is full of falsehoods from start to finish. I won't even bother going into details. I suggest you go pay a visit to tanks.gg to enlighten yourself if you care so much as to express an informed opinion.

Edit: But you know what ? Who cares ! This is not a contest which one knows better. If there is hype around Mutz ... go ahead guys, don't let me stop you. Buy in loads. Personally I don't think is worth spending the money if you own a CDC, unless you like to collect tanks.

Edited by Etre_, 21 March 2016 - 12:59 AM.

PanzerKFeldherrnhalle #40 Posted 21 March 2016 - 01:00 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 2968 battles
  • [TIMES] TIMES

View PostEtre_, on 20 March 2016 - 11:43 PM, said:

Sorry but just no. Your statement is full of falsehoods from start to finish. I won't even bother going into details. I suggest you go pay a visit to tanks.gg to enlighten yourself if you care so much as to express an informed opinion.

Edit: But you know what ? Who cares ! This is not a contest which knows one better. If there is hype around Mutz ... go ahead guys, don't let me stop you. Buy in loads. Personally I don't think is worth spending the money if you own a CDC, unless you like to collect tanks.

It's not like I make money from the sale of Mutz so if you think the M46 is better by all means go ahead. And yes the M46 isn't probably a bad tank. No tank with gun depression and decent view range can be considered bad. As for tanks.gg I visit it when needed but thanks for the tip anyhow.

Also tagged with m46 patton kr

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users