clan

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Spectra_EU #1 Posted 21 March 2016 - 05:46 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 3112 battles

Dear players,

First of all, this is for players who are looking for a clan! :) If you're a recruiter you can read it but I don't know if this is useful to you. :unsure: In this topic I'll be covering my experience with clans and a couple of things to keep in mind when looking for a clan. This topic is 100% my experience and I know what I'm talking about, however you don't have to believe me if you don't want to. :rolleyes: Some of you might not care about my experience, so I suggest you skip to my tips. So, let's do it! I'll start from my own experience down below. Oh, by the way, sorry for the inconvenience caused by my English, but I'm not English, so that's my excuse. :great:

My Experience

I started like probably everyone like a noob. I was searching for a clan. The first clan I was in was pretty terrible, nothing happened and you know, no community and communication whatsoever. I left. A couple of days later I joined another clan. It was way better than my first one. The first time I played skirmishes with them (and first time ever), I was amazed ;), because their commander/leader was quite smart and he knew what he was talking about. The other clan memebers were quite nice as well. Unfortunately we were losing most of the time in skirmishes. My stats were terrible as well, so I decided I needed to improve.:izmena: While I was thinking that, something in the clan clicked. It was like some members in this clan were behaving like absolute morons, and nothing went good at all. That though didn't trigger me to leave, like I mentioned earlier, I wanted to improve. I wanted to come back after a couple of weeks, and quite surprisingly the commander was OK with it. Unfortunately that didn't happen because the clan fell partly apart. :(

There I was, with my 'Looking for a clan' topic in this forum. I wanted to join an academy where I could learn how to play and these things, you know. :) First I wanted to join [edited], but they rejected my offer. (Don't get my wrong though, they're a great community and their awesome 'Free for All Trainingsessions' helped me a lot :honoring:) I decided to join the clan from this guy which replied to me in the personal messages. His clan was my second pick. Basically it was like 'We have a nice community.', 'We play CW everyday, but you don't have to.' So I joined, 'Yay, very nice.' and all that stuff in the beginning.

After a while I had some conversations with other members who were longer in the clan than me. They said that in the last period the commander has changed a lot. They mentioned that he focussed more on CW and effectiveness of the clan and that stuff. After a while he came with the 'moronic' idea to force you to play CW in the evening every time when you were online. In the beginning I had no problems with it, because I was never picked, because bad crews and no tanks, you know. After a while I asked 'How does the system for being picked work in this clan?' (Honestly I have to tell you from the start that I didn't care about this clan stuff, however I said I did.) You know how the commander responded? Very negatively! He was something like (not exact though) : 'Don't whine, get better crews!', and it was just a normal question! I mean, you should get a real life when you respond like that! :facepalm: Then I said that i didn't care about being picked for CW or whatever (I even confirmed it in clan chat before this situation). Then he said: 'So you don't care about the clan's achievements?', and honestly, I didn't. Why would anyone care except the commander? Why? I didn't say anything, because I didn't want to talk further with this moron. Next day (or two :)), this dumbass in our clan said he was going to complain to the moron commander because apparently, I was disrespectful behind his back to him. honestly it went like this: 'I'm going to report this to *****.' I replied with: 'Whatever, I'm not afraid.' It says something about how confident I am, it doesn't say anything about the commander. After that he couldn't explain why it was disrespectful (LOL). :facepalm:

You know, solve problems youself, then if you can't solve it go to the commander. In this case the member was a complete [edited]. Then the commander whined to me again, and blaimed me everything for it, however the by the second situation I can understand it. So apparently I have caused problems over the last two days, we had a talk about this and yeahhh... How can I put this... It gave me ear [edited]:ohmy: I though: 'Yep, screw it.'

The same evening a nice personnel officer from the same clan (obviously ;)) invited me before this conversation to play some CW or I don't remember what, with some other players which can't play in the CWs. After that conversation I came to the officer and said I'm not in the mood to play CWs and other clan activities for a long time. He was OK with it and understanded it. Now, this will be important, because of the next day. By the way, the moron commander started to make a complete useless conversation about that he was online when I asked for permission. I can tell you that he was only online on TS3, and he was in a 'Do Not Disturb' channel, but he wasn't in-game. That was probably the most pathetic thing I've heard from him, except the next day. I didn't even try to discuss this because this was complete nonsense and I would waste my time, I didn't care at all so why should I be bothered by all this? I've So, let's skip to that point, shall we? :P

It's evening, daily meeting before clan events. So, I got permission form the personnel officer to not play for some period of time. Guess what the commander does? He forces me to stay in the channel! I said that I got permission to have a break but no... I can't. Later he said; 'Or you stay, or you leave the clan.', so obviously I left.Then he offered me to come back over two days. I didn't come back because I didn't want to make my ear [edited] even worse. ;)

Basically that was the most important stuff. I was recently in a clan, but there was nothing wrong with it, the commander was a very nice guy. Check out my clan searching tips down below. :)

My tips for looking for a clan

1: You want a specific clan, for example getting better or fun? Stick to it and DON'T join another clan!

2: Go to their TS or whatever and see if the clan fits you, this is really important. Test them out!

3: Take a look about their ranking, achievements, etc. , this can help you deciding.

4: Check out the rules! Do you have to be active in CW? What's the age restriction? (This will make the community more clear for you!)

5: NEVER believe all of what's written in their description! Take it with a pinch of salt! I hope you can think of why this tip exists.

6: You're not sure about something in the clan? Ask some questions! Never only to the leader! Ask normal members and officers as well, for example: 'How is the atmosphere?'

Maybe overtime I'll add some more. ;) You can ask me questions down below or PM me. Hope this helped you guys and that you guys have understanded my message. Leave your experience, reactions, or whatever behind as well if you want to!

Edited by TheHunterPL66, 25 March 2016 - 10:45 PM.
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to inappropriate content. Neilloss46

All_Rize_For_Datlof #2 Posted 21 March 2016 - 07:41 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 16926 battles
  • [ADUK] ADUK
A bit messy but I agree

acogshot #3 Posted 22 March 2016 - 12:54 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 14934 battles
  • [CMERC] CMERC
These are solid tips for free-agents wanting to join a clan. I can't recall the amount of players who I have recruited who have somehow gotten the wrong idea about my clan, simply because they didn't do their research or bother to ask the right questions during their welcome talk.

jricketts1 #4 Posted 22 March 2016 - 08:18 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 36010 battles
  • [W__F] W__F

View Postacogshot, on 21 March 2016 - 11:54 PM, said:

These are solid tips for free-agents wanting to join a clan. I can't recall the amount of players who I have recruited who have somehow gotten the wrong idea about my clan, simply because they didn't do their research or bother to ask the right questions during their welcome talk.

Totally agree with you acog mate....

Some players, that join and then cause issues and when brought up on them issues that try to twist it and lie are the ones i hate most...

And thats happend about my clan a few times people misunderstanding... as we have a large community not just W__F

lotusblossom #5 Posted 22 March 2016 - 01:18 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32192 battles
  • [BRT_6] BRT_6
agree, it is important that there is a good 'fit' between what the player wants from a clan and what the clan can offer. It is best to spend a little time getting to know each other to save problems later on. 

Spectra_EU #6 Posted 22 March 2016 - 02:58 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 3112 battles

View Postlotusblossom, on 22 March 2016 - 01:18 PM, said:

agree, it is important that there is a good 'fit' between what the player wants from a clan and what the clan can offer. It is best to spend a little time getting to know each other to save problems later on. 

Totally agree, I could make these tips from my own experience... That's a mistake I made, I was looking for a place to get better, then I got an offer and it turned out to be not what I wanted and what it looked like. Hopefully I won't meet lying commanders about their clan who basically pull players into their clan for whatever reason like getting more CW players anymore, which then make problems about what you want to do in your WoT career. At least now I can be more careful with my choice. :)

Oh, before I forget, I suggest for the commanders to read the requests and posts from the players very carefully. If you feel that the players won't fit in the clan, just don't reply to them, refuse their offer, or explain what for sort clan it is and what you're doing, and ask them if they're really sure about joining. Commanders can easily prevent such issues, but many don't do it and always say it's the fault of the player. I really hate commanders like this, they can't even solve a simple problem, because they do not realise their mistakes, and have to make pathetic excuses to not look like a coward. When explaining the clan to the player most important thing is: Be honest!

I've been in a situation where the commander had to lie to me to pull me in. To be more precise it was the same commander as in my post above. I know you can think of what happened.

Edited by TheHunterPL66, 23 March 2016 - 01:43 PM.

Also tagged with clan

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users