Tier VIII of the Week: T-34-3

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 23 March 2016 - 09:57 AM

Sergeant

• Content Team
  • 0 battles
Check out this week’s special Premium tank offer!

Full news text

Daijiro074 #2 Posted 23 March 2016 - 10:03 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 34951 battles
I think that guys that buy this crap feel pretty dumb after the 1st game...

Hokum15 #3 Posted 23 March 2016 - 10:03 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32323 battles
  • [HO_PO] HO_PO
Now this tank has some gun depression it isn't too bad, but it is still very expensive vs the other tier 8 medium prems. Most are about £21, this is £31! is it 50% better?

Cobra6 #4 Posted 23 March 2016 - 10:12 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16295 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Basically a premium tank that is superior to the regular one (T-34-2 with the 122mm) in pretty much every way a part from aiming time.

Pretty nice vehicle, just a shame the Chinese medium line is not used in competitive play all.

Cobra 6

Edited by Cobra6, 23 March 2016 - 10:13 AM.

Mav75 #5 Posted 23 March 2016 - 10:12 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29437 battles
  • [SXSE] SXSE

Knock the price down 10-12€ and I'd consider it.

voidwyrm #6 Posted 23 March 2016 - 10:46 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 51556 battles

View PostCobra6, on 23 March 2016 - 09:12 AM, said:

Basically a premium tank that is superior to the regular one (T-34-2 with the 122mm) in pretty much every way a part from aiming time.

Pretty nice vehicle, just a shame the Chinese medium line is not used in competitive play all.

Cobra 6

Its still a very bad tank.

Gundepression, aiming time and gundispersion are some of the most important factors of a medium tank... and they are all crap here.

Of all my premiumtanks this one I like the least.

Sharpe #7 Posted 23 March 2016 - 11:01 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 21523 battles
  • [322] 322

My advice is : DONT BUY. Just like the Fv4202 until it receive the buff of some days ago, this tank is BAD.

I was attracted to this tank by the gun. I was like, come on, 122mm on a medium, how bad can the aiming time, dispersion and the accuracy be.

After testing it with a 4 skill crew, with BIA and rammer I was blown away by how BAD this thing is.

Unless u completely dont care about ur play, ur importance in the team, ur ability to influence matches and everything else and unless u are happy with penetrating 3 or 4 shots per game after shooting 10 and bouncing/missing 5 and then dying, I suggest u STAY AWAY from this tank.

"AH AH SHARPE why dont u just camp in teh back and simply do damage from far ?" U cannot shoot from far with this tank and anyway why would u do it with this tank and his horrible dpm while u can do it with more pen and accuracy and dpm in the fcm50T ?

4 skill crew running BIA, vertical stab, and gun laying drive. U cannot use the improved combat rations cause u NEED the fire extingusher, and the automatic one as EVERY single shot u receive in your rear takes away ur engine, Every single one. And every, maximum 3 shots in side/rear sets u on fire. If they shoot u in the front they ALWAYS take ur ammo rack, U will lose ur ammo rack EVERY SINGLE GAME. And like one out of 3/4 games u will be blown ammoracked. Especially by tier 9s.

Now people might show you some replays where they did 3 or 4 k damage. My best experience was 3442. Base. In teh jagd88mm. Does it make it the best tier 8 premium ? No, it's a waste of gold. Same with the T34-3. Every tank will give u that once out of 10 awesome game, but the tank u wanna spend ur money in is the tank that RELIABLY gives u good games.

Such tanks are IS3A, fcm50t, IS6, Mutz. U wanna have these. 

This tank is a mass of critical hits waiting to happen. The gun gets absorbed by tracks the whole day, AP or HEAT, everything hitting your turrett kills ur gun, u lose ur ammo rack EVERY game. I mean it, every single game. Also every shot u receive in no matter which part of the tracks TRACKS u. 

Some might say "well u dont wanna bounce ? Use HEAT"
The heat shells cost 5000 credits each. I have no words to describe this. And to pen a mere 250mm which will not be a granted pen against tanks like E75, St1 or T10, against which u have to aim at weakspots. And aiming takes more than 3 seconds if u want your GIGANTIC aiming circle to settle. And even after ur aiming circle is closed u still have the biggest circle I've ever seen in a medium apart from the T49 with the 150mm. 

While u are aiming at them they will shoot u and PENETRATE U everytime. This is another real problem of this "tank", everything damages it, bounces nothing, its slower than the fcm, which weighs more, even with BIA and everything the reload is still 11,3 seconds which is gargantuan for a medium that takes 3,5 seconds to aim and has the biggest aiming circle of all meds in teh game.  And u will find yourselves doing 307/310/330/340 damage per shots all day long. Above 420 damage shots are as rare as white flies. How many tanks with 370 hps left that I wasnt able to finish :(. 25% rng/early 2015 accuracy nerf ftw. hashtag Esports.

The people defending it will come and tell u that this tank needs to be mastered to have good games. A tank that needs to be mastered to have GOOD games is a joke. U dont buy a PREMIUM tank to master it to have good games. U buy a PREMIUM tank to have a fast way to make credits. And this tank needs to be mastered to make a still absolutely normal amount of credits. 2000 damage in this tank should grant u automatically 100k credits profit to make it worth. It doesnt. U cannot even snipe with this gun, U will not hit anything above 300m. And if someone posts u a replay of them hitting from 400, it was simply one out of 10 attempts. I tried it.

Another downside ? the HP. 1300. Lowest of EVERY premium tier8. Just the even worse 112 has the same. Why ? Honestly why ? Every tier 9 heavy will 3 shoot u, let alone tds. Why ?

In the last patch it received a completly useless accuracy buff and gun depression buff. Both these 2 are totally negligible. U dont feel the difference, it's like nothing has changed. This tank needs at least the same accuracy and aiming time of the Fv4202P after the buff, who has 10 degrees of gun depression AND a very good rate of fire to make it up for the slow speed.

About platoons : there is no advantage in having this tank ins a platoon, a platoon of 3 fcm will always win, if u need a shot catching tank u need an IS6, not this thing, if u need a damage dealer u want another fcm, this tank has no advantages at all, the buff it just received is negligible and completely useless. So stay away unless u have 2 good friends willing to carry u with their IS3A/Mutz/Fcms/IS6s.

Not hating, simply hoping that a dev sees this threads and actually tries to PLAY this tank instead than typing some numbers on a sheet and having supertesters do it, so he actually can see how it feels to hit the moon while aimed down or to hit the ground while 90% of ur aiming circle was on the enemy in front of you.

Edited by Sharpe, 23 March 2016 - 11:26 AM.

WaffleTiger #8 Posted 23 March 2016 - 11:49 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Clan Commander
  • 39470 battles
  • [5REST] 5REST
I love this tank - it's like a high skill version of the Wz-120 which makes money.

Sharpe #9 Posted 23 March 2016 - 12:00 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 21523 battles
  • [322] 322

View PostWaffleTiger, on 23 March 2016 - 10:49 AM, said:

I love this tank - it's like a high skill version of the Wz-120 which makes money.

And this is the point.

U have 1509 damage per match in this tank. That is less than 4 shots per match.

As I said in my previous post, this tank can be liked only by people who are happy to penetrate 4 shots per game and then dying. "Players" like you will definitely LOVE this tank. They wil laugh every time they do 400 and they will not think about the 500 they just received or about the 600 that that fcm did in the same time.

In the IS3A/Fcm/Mutz, 2k damage per match is a quite easy feat. In this tank to achieve that u need to play every game like u are really inside the tank and ur life depends on it. And still u will not make this astonishing amount of cash. If this is how u wanna play a tank that u have to pay real money to have, then I might recommend u to not lose time and get yourself a NICE 112. Gonna be the next best thing. Jagd88mm also advisable.

Edited by Sharpe, 23 March 2016 - 12:00 PM.

machoking #10 Posted 23 March 2016 - 12:16 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2860 battles
  • [-B0H-] -B0H-
This is completley useless tank and the worst premium 8 in the game with her paper front.

SlyMeerkat #11 Posted 23 March 2016 - 01:09 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15009 battles
  • [FILO] FILO
I have yet to get this Tank but will wait a bit more because i am getting the AC 1 Sentinel instead just because :D

Edited by SlyMeerkat, 23 March 2016 - 01:11 PM.

Max_Calibre #12 Posted 23 March 2016 - 01:09 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19382 battles
  • [T-OG] T-OG

Bought the T-34-3 last Christmas in the Premium shop discount sales

Good points -

Preferential Match Making (it needs it

Its a fast low profile Medium with good camo values

Turns quick Reverses quick nice and responsive to drive

Gun ~ when it Hits anything

Gun ~ when it penetrates (390 alpha big smile

Gun ~ buffed to - 5 gun depression is better now, before an awful - 2  depression! 2 patches ago

Good credit maker (sometimes great but mostly ok

Good Scout tank (yes its good at playing a LT role (without firing gun

helped my Win Rate improve ~ as a scout tank (lol

Turret - strong can bounce normal AP rounds all day if go hull down and 'wiggle it baby'

Not see Tier 10 - simply cannot overstate how pleasant comfortable and satisfying this actually feels

Bad Points -

Gun ~ 175 penetration - to low around 50% are bounces or ricochets (not sniping gun

Gun ~ Slow shell velocity

Gun ~ horribly inaccurate 0.46 - anything over 200 meters is a 50% miss and well outside aim circle  (is a joke

Gun ~ RNG  - add the horrible 0.46 accuracy with the in-game 25% RNG that WG trolls us with (bangs head onto wall

Gun - Reload - 3 shots a minute or maximum best of 4.5 shots a minute Lowest DPM so not much damage any game

Gun - Gun gets knocked out 50% of the time if enemy aim at your Turret

Gun - Aim circle - bloom time is awful 3.5 seconds and even when fully aimed is still a large circle AND after every time gun fires

Armour - every T7 and upwards pens you easily and knocks out modules

Ammo Rack - every shot that pens damages the ammo rack 90% of time

Ammo Rack - If ammo Rack damaged Reload is  awful a 1 shot per minute or now a DPM 390 minute!

Playstyle - Wargame see it as close fighter brawler same as the IS6 shares same gun - No armour so dies fast

Always top tier - Hardly ever see Tier 6 or Tier 7 so no easy games as mostly its Tier 8 to Tier 9 (with current troll WG MM meta

can be fun -  as a opportunistic Scout Tank with nasty gun to finish off a crippled tank (which is how I play it

can be frustrating -  as the poor Gun handling means you are almost useless to the team until end-game

Also iv yet to have any 'awesome games' -  where I carry team with kill 6+ enemy or do 3000k+ damage, and this with 95 battles in the T34-3

The IS6 and FCM 50T are far better value for your money BOTH get preferential MM and will generate far more Credits far more Damage and far more benefit to your team

Edited by Max_Calibre, 23 March 2016 - 05:31 PM.

WOTomatoSauce #13 Posted 23 March 2016 - 04:09 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 7462 battles

One of the Tier VIII tonks I want to try. Opens wallet and  two moths fly out.

Is two moths enought to buy this?

Shacou #14 Posted 23 March 2016 - 04:30 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18456 battles
  • [TBOA] TBOA

View PostSharpe, on 23 March 2016 - 12:01 PM, said:

*wall of text*

Agreed, you pretty much listed all reasons why i sold T-34-3. It's fine when it behaves, but mostly it's total PoS. Bought myself CDC instead, now i can actually rely on my abilities and earn credits, rather than keep fighting with RNG inner demon in T-34-3. I used to think that this tank is great and with 1500 avg dmg per game i was satisfied. Eventually i started improving and noticed that this tank is becoming an obstacle instead of credit farmer.

Edited by Shacou, 23 March 2016 - 04:34 PM.

Dark_Cloud #15 Posted 23 March 2016 - 05:03 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 14972 battles
  • [SPL1] SPL1

View PostSharpe, on 23 March 2016 - 12:01 PM, said:

*mudder mudder mudder*

Oh how I love to see this kind of players who have played the game so long and so well, they can only ever have fun in the game by winning and destroying all competition with playing only the BEST OF THE BEST in terms of tanks and ammunition.

"lol red noob have fun losing like what 52% of the time gg die in a fire" You say. Except no. While it is true I don't prioritize winning in games, I also cannot enjoy playing if I won't win anything.

And despite my crapstatistics, which only ever matter so little in life, and despite all things that might prevent you from doing so, hear me out.

My advice, stop thinking "winwinwinwinwin" all the time. Stop playing the tanks that are "best among its kind", and go back to tanks that fit your personal playstyle and that you feel the most comfortable in. Play the roles that fit whatever tank you're playing, and stop trying to just carry everything, unless the situation requires that. You may not win as much, but you'll have a better time winning than you have before.

Quality over quantity. Without defeat, you stop enjoying victories. I am by no means better than you. Nowhere even close, but your post alone tells me, that I have a much, much better time playing the game. While it is true people are about as happy as they make their minds up to be, you can still affect it with your actions alone, not even having to think what a great time you're (not) having.

Dark_Cloud #16 Posted 23 March 2016 - 05:04 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 14972 battles
  • [SPL1] SPL1

View Postmachoking, on 23 March 2016 - 01:16 PM, said:

This is completley useless tank and the worst premium 8 in the game with her paper front.

Paper front makes anyone with a sub 200mm pen cry blood deep down inside when you go hull-down.

Sharpe #17 Posted 23 March 2016 - 09:26 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 21523 battles
  • [322] 322

View PostShacou, on 23 March 2016 - 03:30 PM, said:

Agreed, you pretty much listed all reasons why i sold T-34-3. It's fine when it behaves, but mostly it's total PoS. Bought myself CDC instead, now i can actually rely on my abilities and earn credits, rather than keep fighting with RNG inner demon in T-34-3. I used to think that this tank is great and with 1500 avg dmg per game i was satisfied. Eventually i started improving and noticed that this tank is becoming an obstacle instead of credit farmer.

U have started to take the right step in the right direction. Soon, unless u have already, u will start finding out all the flaws in this game and will, with some luck, become vocal about it to make stuff change.

View Postmh1ultramarine, on 23 March 2016 - 03:09 PM, said:

One of the Tier VIII tonks I want to try. Opens wallet and  two moths fly out.

Is two moths enought to buy this?

They would be, if they hadnt flown out.

Dark_Cloud I envy u. I am in real life just as I am in this game, no I dont need u to believe me. If there is something that I dont like in my life I change it or I get crazy trying. Most of the time I manage it. I have by no means, though, a happier life than yours, u are by far happier in life and in this game, satisfacted with everything that is given to you, using it as ur brain suggests and nothing more.

I wish I could be like you. Also form ur stats I can see u met a lot of over 200mm pen.

But I'm not, so I'm still waiting and hoping that either some devs or high ranking stuff in Paris sees this and maybe sends a telegram there, regarding our feelings towards this tank.

Sharpe #18 Posted 23 March 2016 - 09:38 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 21523 battles
  • [322] 322

https://www.twitch.t...foch/v/56118694

I have no idea if u know SirFoch, one of the most famous Twitch streamers of World of Tanks. He's well known for his salty but truthfull reviews btw.

I was just now watching some highlishts of his stream of today and at 6:30 (u can scroll straight to that, in case u are reading this comment in some other day, the broadcast u are looking for is the one of 23rd of March), someone in the chat tells him that there is the T34-3 for sale and that he could buy it for him as a gift. 

SirFoch, specifically at 6.40, replies "no dont buy me that ****, I'm not gonna play it anyway, thats the last thing I wanna do".

There is no fun in playing crippled tanks, no matter how bad u can be and no matter how loud your brain keeps telling u to like to be roflstomped by others in randoms.

WaffleTiger #19 Posted 23 March 2016 - 11:58 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Clan Commander
  • 39470 battles
  • [5REST] 5REST
Remember guys, it's a crippled tank only if you cant work around the aimtime and pen.

It's probably not as reliable as the 112 but I think it's fun because it's fast enough to flank and that alpha is something special on a medium this tier.

Might not be your cup of tea but I'd love to have a tier 8 none premium version of this type of tank.

Sharpe #20 Posted 24 March 2016 - 12:33 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 21523 battles
  • [322] 322

Man, u cannot do more than 4 shots before dying, on average, based on your stats. How can u possibly come here and say that u have managed to "work around the aimtime and pen" ? 4 shots. Man !

U want a non premium version of this tank ? Shoot only HEAT.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users