Players who exit battle -.-

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
56 replies to this topic

Poll: Players who exit battle -.- (201 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Do they need to get additional penalty?

1. Nah, being a noob is enough punishment. (49 votes [24.38%])

Percentage of vote: 24.38%

2. Yes, they should be punished hard. (97 votes [48.26%])

Percentage of vote: 48.26%

3. Yes, they could get a minor penalty. (55 votes [27.36%])

Percentage of vote: 27.36%

Vote Hide poll

FrostDX #1 Posted 11 September 2011 - 12:14 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 12490 battles
Ok, I'm pretty sure that everyone hates when at start of the battle one of their team mates just exit battle and left the team in 14 on 15 situation. And on the other hand, if you fight enemy, and pwn him, and you need just 1 more shot to kill him - he exits battle. This can really ruin the game sometimes...

So what are your thoughts? How should they be punished?

My idea was to make their repair cost greater (×2, ×5 or even ×10), as much as I hate those players, this mild penalty seems like a fair punishment.

My other idea was that he lose his tank and/or his crew, or to get a suspended account for a while, but I doubt that devs would do such thing, so I gave up on those ideas.

One of the possible solutions could be that their tank don't get destroyed, and that enemy can destroy him just like if he is afk. This wouldn't help much the unfortunate team that has a player like this, but at least someone wouldn't lose the chance to make some dmg, or to get a kill.

P.S. Of course this would apply only for players who intentionally exit battle, if there is some hardware problem, no one should  be punished, it's not their fault...

FrankK2 #2 Posted 11 September 2011 - 12:28 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Veteran
  • 9893 battles
  • [-LUP-] -LUP-
Before you make this thread, think why people exit battle ? First of all matchmaker really screws alot of people up, so they can't be arsed to fight IS4 in KV (for example ) Second of all, real life before the game mate, there will always be a time when they gotta go IRL right when the battle start.

On the other hand, that "Suicide" exit battle when he is on low HP seems like a slap on the face to the guy who tries to kill him. As far as I know you don't get lots of credits if you exit battle when you're on low HP.

PS: I admit I exit battle myself when I get gang banged by more than 4 tanks. I guess it's a way to still laugh even though your whole team is camping or dead and you're on your own.
Didn't vote either of the options because the first one is formulated in a wrong way. My answer would be: No punishment :)

Willemp159 #3 Posted 11 September 2011 - 12:42 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6852 battles

View PostFrankK2, on 11 September 2011 - 12:28 AM, said:

Before you make this thread, think why people exit battle ? First of all matchmaker really screws alot of people up, so they can't be arsed to fight IS4 in KV (for example ) Second of all, real life before the game mate, there will always be a time when they gotta go IRL right when the battle start.

On the other hand, that "Suicide" exit battle when he is on low HP seems like a slap on the face to the guy who tries to kill him. As far as I know you don't get lots of credits if you exit battle when you're on low HP.

PS: I admit I exit battle myself when I get gang banged by more than 4 tanks. I guess it's a way to still laugh even though your whole team is camping or dead and you're on your own.
Didn't vote either of the options because the first one is formulated in a wrong way. My answer would be: No punishment :)

You forgot to mention a disconnection. Not a exit on purpose but you still leave the game (Sometimes a player returns.)

FrostDX #4 Posted 11 September 2011 - 12:47 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 12490 battles

View PostFrankK2, on 11 September 2011 - 12:28 AM, said:

Matchmaker isn't perfect, it's far from that, and everyone likes to be first in the team, but there are 15 players in team, not everyone can be first. And personally I like when I'm in KV and I get in high tier battle, I always get a lot of credits for damaging/killing higher tier tanks. And so far I managed to kill 4×IS-4 with KV (one was by ramm, so I even got a kamikaze). Real players don't quit, they just try to damage/kill whatever they can. Or if they can't damage anyone - they can scout - you get half of the exp/credit for damage that is made because of your detection.

If you don't want to play and you have some stuff you have to do in real life - be afk, or even better - don't enter the game in the first place, do yourself and your team a favor. If I'm not sure if I'm gonna be able to play without distractions (texting or talking my gf is kinda an exception  :Smile-hiding: )- I won't enter battle, as simple as that.

Beesonsticks #5 Posted 11 September 2011 - 12:50 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 14422 battles
  • [QUAKE] QUAKE
My PC has been having some issues lately and keeps shutting down of its own accord. Now it's bad enough rebooting, logging on to WoT and finding myself with a 15K repair bill on my KT with no recompense, do I really need to be punished further?

With regards to those that deliberately disconnect to avoid being killed, they are being punished anyway as they are bound to make a loss by doing that. The person shooting them will still get most of the experience and credits as damage is a bigger earner than kills.

I say leave the system as it is.

FrostDX #6 Posted 11 September 2011 - 12:53 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 12490 battles

View PostWillemp159, on 11 September 2011 - 12:42 AM, said:

You forgot to mention a disconnection. Not a exit on purpose but you still leave the game (Sometimes a player returns.)

This can easily be done - penalty should be triggered when player click "exit battle". If you click exit battle your tank automatically "goes up in flames", but if you are disconnected, your tank will still be there for some time.

FrostDX #7 Posted 11 September 2011 - 12:54 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 12490 battles

View PostBeesonsticks, on 11 September 2011 - 12:50 AM, said:

My PC has been having some issues lately and keeps shutting down of its own accord. Now it's bad enough rebooting, logging on to WoT and finding myself with a 15K repair bill on my KT with no recompense, do I really need to be punished further?

With regards to those that deliberately disconnect to avoid being killed, they are being punished anyway as they are bound to make a loss by doing that. The person shooting them will still get most of the experience and credits as damage is a bigger earner than kills.

I say leave the system as it is.

Did you even read my post?

At the bottom:

"P.S. Of course this would apply only for players who intentionally exit battle, if there is some hardware problem, no one should be punished, it's not their fault... "

Beesonsticks #8 Posted 11 September 2011 - 12:56 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 14422 battles
  • [QUAKE] QUAKE

View PostFrostDX, on 11 September 2011 - 12:54 AM, said:

Did you even read my post?

At the bottom:

"P.S. Of course this would apply only for players who intentionally exit battle, if there is some hardware problem, no one should be punished, it's not their fault... "

But how do you distinguish?

This can easily be done - penalty should be triggered when player click "exit battle". If you click exit battle your tank automatically "goes up in flames", but if you are disconnected, your tank will still be there for some time.

But then people just forcequit the game rather than exiting the battle.

FrostDX #9 Posted 11 September 2011 - 12:58 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 12490 battles

View PostBeesonsticks, on 11 September 2011 - 12:56 AM, said:

But how do you distinguish?

"penalty should be triggered when player click "exit battle"." Just like it triggers that your tank instantly goes up in flames, this button could also trigger a penalty. Quite simple.

FrostDX #10 Posted 11 September 2011 - 01:00 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 12490 battles

Well, those are at least out of the game for some time...  :P  The ones who click exit battle, are able to instantly go to other battle with other tank, and ruin one more battle.

Loraen #11 Posted 11 September 2011 - 01:01 AM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 14302 battles
  • [AOC] AOC
I don't understand why they can't just change the exit battle feature to let you out immediately but if your tank is still alive at exit, it'll stick around until end of fight.

As it is now (as far as I know), if you exit battle while still alive, you have to pay 100% repair cost on your tank, so the whole "I'll deny them the kill" is just a big middle finger that gains them nothing tangible. Just the whole "Ha ha, I denied you a kill, I'm an asshole."

tigerstreak #12 Posted 11 September 2011 - 01:03 AM

Colonel

• Beta Tester
  • 23860 battles
  • [BL33T] BL33T
played battles with people who drive to a hiding place then go afk :(
they need to be banned

FrostDX #13 Posted 11 September 2011 - 01:05 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 12490 battles

View PostLoraen, on 11 September 2011 - 01:01 AM, said:

I don't understand why they can't just change the exit battle feature to let you out immediately but if your tank is still alive at exit, it'll stick around until end of fight.

As it is now (as far as I know), if you exit battle while still alive, you have to pay 100% repair cost on your tank, so the whole "I'll deny them the kill" is just a big middle finger that gains them nothing tangible. Just the whole "Ha ha, I denied you a kill, I'm an asshole."

You're right about that. But what about their team? It's not just the problem of denying kills - they're probably dead anyway, but what about those who quit at the start? They cripple their team. They make much more damage to their own team than to the enemy who didn't get a kill.

Homer_J #14 Posted 11 September 2011 - 01:12 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 30786 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Forcequit leaves your tank in battle for 2 mins.

Hitting esc and selecting exit game leaves your tank in battle for 2 mins.

Crashing, disconnecting, etc. All leave your tank in battle for 2 mins.

The only way a tank goes up in flames instantly is when the player hits esc and selects Exit Battle.  So the game already distinguishes between deliberately leaving and accidental leaving.

This thread is pointless though, because it was discussed many times before and there have been polls before.  Overlord once said the devs were considering changing the way it works but that was a long time ago so I guess they decided it wasn't that big a problem.

FrostDX #15 Posted 11 September 2011 - 01:24 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 12490 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 11 September 2011 - 01:12 AM, said:

This thread is pointless though, because it was discussed many times before and there have been polls before.  Overlord once said the devs were considering changing the way it works but that was a long time ago so I guess they decided it wasn't that big a problem.

Well, I didn't saw those polls, didn't made much effort to find them, to be honest. And I don't see it as pointless - devs should be reminded for some problems. Yeah, this isn't a big problem, missing arty tracers aren't a big problem too, american paper heavies aren't a big problem also, matchmaking is perfect (especially when you have 5+ tier 8 artys on both sides) - not a problem at all, people spend god knows how much time to get tier X tank just to be singleshoted by arty (I haven't personally saw this - but my friend told me that he saw T92 singleshoted Maus at 100% and no it wasn't ammo rack, and it is possible since its dmg is between 1688 and 2813) but you know what is problem? Problem is that Wittmann was in SS and name of Wittmann's medal should be changed to Bölter's medal. Those are urgent problems  ;)

the_forge #16 Posted 11 September 2011 - 09:20 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 14304 battles

View PostFrostDX, on 11 September 2011 - 12:14 AM, said:

So what are your thoughts? How should they be punished?

My idea was to make their repair cost greater (×2, ×5 or even ×10), as much as I hate those players, this mild penalty seems like a fair punishment.
Making repair cost greater is bad solution since it would piss off both, the one who exits battle, and the one who was about to get kill.
So I vote for no penalty to players who leave the battle.

IMO better solution would be to give a kill to player, who damaged the tank that exit battle just before getting killed.

amino #17 Posted 11 September 2011 - 09:29 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 14478 battles
  • [_TOP] _TOP
When I have to go when I'm in a match I always use auto pilot on full speed and send my tank in the right direction towards the enemy this way I can scout some people.

Marlekin #18 Posted 11 September 2011 - 09:47 AM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 33437 battles
When you see an afk/went up in flames tank, it might not be as simple as you think. Try to think beyond your tunnelvisioned and egocentric point of view please:

I dont think everyone realizes that people may actually have a life that is a little more complicated than others selves can imagine. They cant grasp the idea that some players are afk or exit battle for all the right reasons. Some people have a kid that needs attention now and then. We were all kids once, when I got myself intro trouble i was glad my parents were there to help and not glued to the pc. What if you get a phone call from a friend who needs to somebody to talk to because something happened to him/her? Will you say "No, im playing a a videogame?"

Shit happends, people. And just like all things in life: It doesnt matter as much how or when it happend, it how you deal with it. :)

Peace out.

GorDoink #19 Posted 11 September 2011 - 09:49 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 20241 battles

View PostFrostDX, on 11 September 2011 - 12:53 AM, said:

If you click exit battle your tank automatically "goes up in flames", but if you are disconnected, your tank will still be there for some time.

We have this already and it's not a good thing.  if you leave the tank should remain for the emeny to do what it can.  This also avoids the "I quit before I get killed" scenario, depriving someone of their kill.  I don't think extra penalties are required.

FrostDX #20 Posted 11 September 2011 - 10:22 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 12490 battles

View PostMarlekin, on 11 September 2011 - 09:47 AM, said:

When you see an afk/went up in flames tank, it might not be as simple as you think. Try to think beyond your tunnelvisioned and egocentric point of view please:

I dont think everyone realizes that people may actually have a life that is a little more complicated than others selves can imagine. They cant grasp the idea that some players are afk or exit battle for all the right reasons. Some people have a kid that needs attention now and then. We were all kids once, when I got myself intro trouble i was glad my parents were there to help and not glued to the pc. What if you get a phone call from a friend who needs to somebody to talk to because something happened to him/her? Will you say "No, im playing a a videogame?"

Shit happends, people. And just like all things in life: It doesnt matter as much how or when it happend, it how you deal with it. :)

Peace out.

Those are not right reasons to exit battle just when someone is about to kill you, are they?  :mellow:

And I didn't said anything about being afk. For me it's better than someone is afk than to exit battle - at least it will provide some distraction to enemy (there are noobs that are kill hungry and will shoot afk player rather than try to fight whit those who are active).

If you get a phone call you panically press exit battle? No need for that, you can be afk. There is already a that warning about passive participation etc (but only players who are found to do that often are punished) so it's ok for people to be afk - but in few cases, not every battle.

If you have kids that need attention - then go out play with them, help them about homework or their problems, find a real time for them, instead doing that stuff while you're playing the game, and then you have to quit if they are pissed...

It's ok, and it's great that people have real lives, not just virtual ones, but it's not like everybody will get their house on fire out of the blue, so they have to quit instantly. It's not like everything is urgent and unexpected.

I have a brother and if he needs help about something - I'll go help him, but if I'm in a battle - either he will wait a bit for me to finish (read: "die"), or I'll go in a suicide rush (I prefer this rather than being afk) if I'm in a low position in a team. Same goes for my parents and friends... If it's not a life and death situation - they can wait for few minutes. And if I know that they might need help - I'll ask them before I enter battle - just to make sure.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users