Players who exit battle -.-

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
56 replies to this topic

Poll: Players who exit battle -.- (201 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Do they need to get additional penalty?

1. Nah, being a noob is enough punishment. (49 votes [24.38%])

Percentage of vote: 24.38%

2. Yes, they should be punished hard. (97 votes [48.26%])

Percentage of vote: 48.26%

3. Yes, they could get a minor penalty. (55 votes [27.36%])

Percentage of vote: 27.36%

Vote Hide poll

FrostDX #21 Posted 11 September 2011 - 10:23 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 12490 battles

View PostGorDoink, on 11 September 2011 - 09:49 AM, said:

We have this already and it's not a good thing.  if you leave the tank should remain for the emeny to do what it can.  This also avoids the "I quit before I get killed" scenario, depriving someone of their kill.  I don't think extra penalties are required.

I said that in the first post:
"One of the possible solutions could be that their tank don't get destroyed, and that enemy can destroy him just like if he is afk. This wouldn't help much the unfortunate team that has a player like this, but at least someone wouldn't lose the chance to make some dmg, or to get a kill."

DrunkenSaylor #22 Posted 11 September 2011 - 10:24 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Clan Commander
  • 11318 battles

View PostMarlekin, on 11 September 2011 - 09:47 AM, said:

When you see an afk/went up in flames tank, it might not be as simple as you think. Try to think beyond your tunnelvisioned and egocentric point of view please:

I dont think everyone realizes that people may actually have a life that is a little more complicated than others selves can imagine. They cant grasp the idea that some players are afk or exit battle for all the right reasons. Some people have a kid that needs attention now and then. We were all kids once, when I got myself intro trouble i was glad my parents were there to help and not glued to the pc. What if you get a phone call from a friend who needs to somebody to talk to because something happened to him/her? Will you say "No, im playing a a videogame?"

Shit happends, people. And just like all things in life: It doesnt matter as much how or when it happend, it how you deal with it. :)

Peace out.

All very true and fully understandable, BUT.. this topic started out as being about people who exit as soon as they get in to the battle... so surely they should know 30 seconds before they go in to a battle whats going on in their lives. and if not then sorry.. but the chances that what you have pointed out here being the case are very minimal in comparison to the noobs that just quit for a reason much different to the ones you have pointed out.

For those that say "well Im in a tier5 and he has a tier 9 Im not playing that battle" ... what.. u cant scout? u cant distract? u cant ACT LIKE A MEMBER OF A TEAM?

There are battles where I turn up "6 artys per side" for example, where I think "oh no, I really dont want to be here", but quitting is not the right way to act is it?

FrostDX #23 Posted 11 September 2011 - 10:32 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 12490 battles

View PostDrunkenSaylor, on 11 September 2011 - 10:24 AM, said:

All very true and fully understandable, BUT.. this topic started out as being about people who exit as soon as they get in to the battle... so surely they should know 30 seconds before they go in to a battle whats going on in their lives. and if not then sorry.. but the chances that what you have pointed out here being the case are very minimal in comparison to the noobs that just quit for a reason much different to the ones you have pointed out.

For those that say "well Im in a tier5 and he has a tier 9 Im not playing that battle" ... what.. u cant scout? u cant distract? u cant ACT LIKE A MEMBER OF A TEAM?

There are battles where I turn up "6 artys per side" for example, where I think "oh no, I really dont want to be here", but quitting is not the right way to act is it?

This was my point all along. At least somebody understands the situation... (+1)

XxXSpottedYouXxX #24 Posted 11 September 2011 - 10:33 AM

General

• Player
  • 23824 battles
  • [4077] 4077
All your points are flawed what if someone disssconnects ? should they be ounished to ?

What if someone mom says dinner ready and they exit battle so they need to be punished to right ?

Get grip son stop crying and play the bloody game  :lol:.

FrostDX #25 Posted 11 September 2011 - 10:39 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 12490 battles

View PostMuffinMan90, on 11 September 2011 - 10:33 AM, said:

All your points are flawed what if someone disssconnects ? should they be ounished to ?

What if someone mom says dinner ready and they exit battle so they need to be punished to right ?

Get grip son stop crying and play the bloody game  :lol:.

You do understand that your post is contradictory? First you say how it's ok for people not to play, and you give advice "stop crying and play". Make up your mind "son" and then post...

In first post last sentence - if someone is disconnected - it's not their fault (unless they intentionally cut their connection, but I believe this is rare). Try to read before you answer.

And you have to exit battle so you can eat? You can't be afk? Do you have to shut down your computer too in order to eat? This is not even a multitasking...  <_<

Marlekin #26 Posted 11 September 2011 - 10:46 AM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 33470 battles

View PostFrostDX, on 11 September 2011 - 10:32 AM, said:

This was my point all along. (+1)

Thats nice, but your thread has derailed into an overall being afk and leaving game thread m8. Go with the flow and post accordingly. (Although thats up to you ofc)

View PostFrostDX, on 11 September 2011 - 10:22 AM, said:

If you have kids that need attention - then go out play with them, help them about homework or their problems, find a real time for them, instead doing that stuff while you're playing the game

Where did i mention anything about kids that need attention all the time? I mentioned that if you have kids, shit can happen. If your kid is just playing on his nintendo/watching tv/sleeping then thats usually some "free time" for a parent to take a break and do something to relax. Some people think that parents are machines.

Im not going to tell anyone how to live their lives or raise their offspring like you would. I'll just say that everyone has the right to pursue their interests. Parents are allowed to play games too.

FrostDX #27 Posted 11 September 2011 - 10:56 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 12490 battles

View PostMarlekin, on 11 September 2011 - 10:46 AM, said:

Thats nice, but your thread has derailed into an overall being afk and leaving game thread m8. Go with the flow and post accordingly. (Although thats up to you ofc)

Yeah, cause if someone really can't play, and have some legit reason for that - it's better to be afk than to quit game. And also, in the tread I mentioned that one of the possible solution for players who exit battle is that their tank don't get destroyed (the variant in which there wouldn't be a penalty), it should just stay in game like the player is afk. This could actually be a good thing for quitters - cause in case that they end up in super team, they could actually survive because their team killed all tanks in enemy team before they got to kill him.

Or even better, if the player exit battle intentionally - it's tank could turn blue for that particular game (or some other color to be distinguished from team killers) and his team could shot him like he is an enemy, and they should earn credit for this (I'm not sure if they should get the kill also).

View PostMarlekin, on 11 September 2011 - 10:46 AM, said:

Where did i mention anything about kids that need attention all the time? I mentioned that if you have kids, shit can happen. If your kid is just playing on his nintendo/watching tv/sleeping then thats usually some "free time" for a parent to take a break and do something to relax. Some people think that parents are machines.

Im not going to tell anyone how to live their lives or raise their offspring like you would. I'll just say that everyone has the right to pursue their interests. Parents are allowed to play games too.
And where did I mention that you mentioned that kids need attention all the time?  :P
I just said that if kid needs attention - parents should try to find a real time for them, not to try to give them attention while playing a video game - and if they do they probably won't be able to give them proper attention, and they won't be able to play either (in your case they will have to quit the game). So it's pretty simple - make up your mind what do you wan't to do and do it right, instead of slacking few things at once, and in the end you do nothing right.

Many people that I play with are grownups, and they have kids, and they often have to go to their kids, but they never enter a battle and then 30 seconds later they remember that they have kids - kids first, and then the game.

Marlekin #28 Posted 11 September 2011 - 11:06 AM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 33470 battles
But how does an automated system sees the difference between intentional leaving, and leaving for a good reason?

shnbwmn #29 Posted 11 September 2011 - 11:17 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 17890 battles
I voted for a minor punishment. Sometimes you start a battle, and something really urgent come to your attention. Obviously you're gonna leave the game and sort out whatever it is.

FrostDX #30 Posted 11 September 2011 - 11:17 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 12490 battles

View PostMarlekin, on 11 September 2011 - 11:06 AM, said:

But how does an automated system sees the difference between intentional leaving, and leaving for a good reason?

If you have a right reason not to play - don't enter the battle. And this is the only honest way to quit.

And what are good reasons according to you:

1) Kids need attention - well, you didn't get a kid in 30 seconds, you had it there for a while. And why must you exit battle, cant you just be afk?
2) Friends need help - ok, you can turn the sound down and talk to them. There is no need to exit battle.
3) You have to go to work (or to go somewhere) - unless you're a firefighter who plays a game at duty, you will probably know that you have to go somewhere at least 10-15 minutes in advance...
4) Your mom calls you for dinner - well, same as for friends and kids - can't you just go and eat, do you really must exit battle?

Marlekin #31 Posted 11 September 2011 - 11:18 AM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 33470 battles

View PostFrostDX, on 11 September 2011 - 10:56 AM, said:

And where did I mention that you mentioned that kids need attention all the time?  :P

You respond as if I do. Read between the lines.

Many people that I play with are grownups, and they have kids, and they often have to go to their kids, but they never enter a battle and then 30 seconds later they remember that they have kids - kids first, and then the game.

Yes exactly, but ill say this for the third and last time. Are you reading this? I hope youre paying attention this time: Shit happends.
And when i does, it is unexpected. Just when you think all is ok and under control: When a kid is supposed to sleep he can get sick and call his mommy late at night, just when youre playing WoT.

<enter 10 more scenarios here>

All parents & babysitters will know exactly what im talking about. This is why I feel that an automated system to punish leaving & afk is wrong.

Your idea cannot work.

NatteFrost #32 Posted 11 September 2011 - 11:23 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 8131 battles
lack of options in the vote that both favors qutting and non favors it means it is a person who is pissed off and just another joke thread.

apart from that, every player has every right to abandon any fight, aka quitting, whitout any penalty when they see their own team sux so bad they should not have been allowed to leve the tier 1-3 section, and i am never in the mood to waste my game time on something that is a 100% loss.

FrostDX #33 Posted 11 September 2011 - 11:32 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 12490 battles

View PostMarlekin, on 11 September 2011 - 11:18 AM, said:

You respond as if I do. Read between the lines.
Well then it's a misunderstanding, cause I didn't thought that you're saying that kids need attention all the time.

View PostMarlekin, on 11 September 2011 - 11:18 AM, said:

Yes exactly, but ill say this for the third and last time. Are you reading this? I hope youre paying attention this time: Shit happends.
And when i does, it is unexpected. Just when you think all is ok and under control: When a kid is supposed to sleep he can get sick and call his mommy late at night, just when youre playing WoT.

<enter 10 more scenarios here>

All parents & babysitters will know exactly what im talking about. This is why I feel that an automated system to punish leaving & afk is wrong.

Your idea cannot work.
Shit do happens, this is true. But cases that you mentioned are rather rare, and what are the chances that you're left on 1% and all of the sudden you have to go? And you have to go that second INSTANT, there is absolutely no way that you can wait 3 or even more seconds to get destroyed by 6 enemy tanks that surrounded you? Honestly - what are the chances for something like that to happen?

And in most of the cases you can imagine - there is no need for exiting battle, you can just be afk until you finish what you have to do. And my idea isn't to punish those who are afk - I really don't have problem with them. Someone can have a heart attack (when since we are in a "what if" zone, this can happen too), and be afk, it's not his fault. Find I post where I spit on those who are afk if you can. I'm just pissed by those who intentionally exit battle because:
- they don't like matchmaking
- they are about to be destroyed
And in great majority of cases - those are the reasons.

Team killing can also happen by accident, like you said - shit happens, but if you accidentally kill 3 of your teammates - you're automatically gonna get ban, never mind that you maybe fired and 3 noobs jumped in front of your gun.

Are you seeing my point now?

Kaskeria #34 Posted 11 September 2011 - 11:34 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 16118 battles

When you see an afk/went up in flames tank, it might not be as simple as you think. Try to think beyond your tunnelvisioned and egocentric point of view please:

I dont think everyone realizes that people may actually have a life that is a little more complicated than others selves can imagine. They cant grasp the idea that some players are afk or exit battle for all the right reasons. Some people have a kid that needs attention now and then. We were all kids once, when I got myself intro trouble i was glad my parents were there to help and not glued to the pc. What if you get a phone call from a friend who needs to somebody to talk to because something happened to him/her? Will you say "No, im playing a a videogame?"

Shit happends, people. And just like all things in life: It doesnt matter as much how or when it happend, it how you deal with it. :)

Peace out.

TRUE, i agree with your opinion mate, but the main problem its not about being afk or leaving the game because u have to do things on real life, it´s caused by people rage-quitting the battle when they are about to die. Since the release this has become a common issue on the game. Something has to be done.

And please forgive my ignorance but can some1 tell me if you have to repair the damage received when you "rage-quit" or the tank just "pop-up" in your garage fully repaired?

FrostDX #35 Posted 11 September 2011 - 11:50 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 12490 battles

View PostNatteFrost, on 11 September 2011 - 11:23 AM, said:

lack of options in the vote that both favors qutting and non favors it means it is a person who is pissed off and just another joke thread.

apart from that, every player has every right to abandon any fight, aka quitting, whitout any penalty when they see their own team sux so bad they should not have been allowed to leve the tier 1-3 section, and i am never in the mood to waste my game time on something that is a 100% loss.

You're right that I'm pissed of. And why am I pissed of? Cause in one game, few of my team mates just exited battle at start. And in the other, I finally got a chance to fight 1 on 1 vs Maus (so I could test strength of E-100) and penetrated him 3 times, he 3 dinged me 3 times and exited battle since he saw he is gonna lose.

If you can't win, you can always rush and get killed, maybe you'll damage someone and earn a bit of exp/credit, it's not that hard and time consuming.

And if any of you read the opening post - you would see that there are some constructive solutions, but it's not my fault that people just like to rage quit so much that they are too scared of an idea that they could be punished for doing that, so they can't see anything that is beyond that.

But to all of you who think it's ok just to quit, I can only wish that every enemy who you are about to destroy quits, and that half you your team quits at start of the battle.  ;)  Oh, and not to forget: "gl & hf".

FrostDX #36 Posted 11 September 2011 - 11:53 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 12490 battles

View PostKaskeria, on 11 September 2011 - 11:34 AM, said:

And please forgive my ignorance but can some1 tell me if you have to repair the damage received when you "rage-quit" or the tank just "pop-up" in your garage fully repaired?

You have to wait until the end of the battle and then you pay full repair costs. It's pretty much the same as if you got killed and then exited battle (so you can play with other tank or chat or whatever).

Kaskeria #37 Posted 11 September 2011 - 11:57 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 16118 battles

View PostFrostDX, on 11 September 2011 - 11:53 AM, said:

You have to wait until the end of the battle and then you pay full repair costs. It's pretty much the same as if you got killed and then exited battle (so you can play with other tank or chat or whatever).

Thx for answering so fast dude :Smile_honoring:

FrostDX #38 Posted 11 September 2011 - 12:05 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 12490 battles

View PostKaskeria, on 11 September 2011 - 11:57 AM, said:

Thx for answering so fast dude :Smile_honoring:

I was posting at similar time when you were, so it wasn't a problem :)

Marlekin #39 Posted 11 September 2011 - 12:08 PM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 33470 battles

Are you seeing my point now?

You keep ranting on and on about players destroying their own tanks by leaving battle. I am talking about afk & leaving game from the start. For a post or 3 now, youve completely missed the point by not reading posts correctly. Which brings me back to what i said at the start:

think beyond your tunnelvisioned and egocentric point of view

DrunkenSaylor #40 Posted 11 September 2011 - 12:25 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Clan Commander
  • 11318 battles

View PostFrostDX, on 11 September 2011 - 11:17 AM, said:

If you have a right reason not to play - don't enter the battle. And this is the only honest way to quit.

And what are good reasons according to you:

1) Kids need attention - well, you didn't get a kid in 30 seconds, you had it there for a while. And why must you exit battle, cant you just be afk?
2) Friends need help - ok, you can turn the sound down and talk to them. There is no need to exit battle.
3) You have to go to work (or to go somewhere) - unless you're a firefighter who plays a game at duty, you will probably know that you have to go somewhere at least 10-15 minutes in advance...
4) Your mom calls you for dinner - well, same as for friends and kids - can't you just go and eat, do you really must exit battle?

@point1 HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! too funny, maybe it did take them 30 seconds to MAKE the child tho xD

but come on guys, I think some of you are arguing for the sake of arguing here..

if you wanna be a TEAM player and have something pop up.. then just leave your tank where it is and atleast its another target for the enemy to shoot.. dont be such a selfish noob and just quit , giving the enemy the advantage of KNOWING they have one player more

so yeah.. EVEN these people should be penalised if they leave the game by quitting

and for you people who are about to say "how can you tell if someone quits or disconnects" READ this VERY CAREFULLY (its been said many times but obviously some people too stupid to read english so I will put it below in speech marks

"if someone presses the Quit Battle option then they should be punished for this, NOT if they get dconnected, ONLY if they press the Quit Button option"

ok understand now?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users