Players who exit battle -.-

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
56 replies to this topic

Poll: Players who exit battle -.- (201 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Do they need to get additional penalty?

1. Nah, being a noob is enough punishment. (49 votes [24.38%])

Percentage of vote: 24.38%

2. Yes, they should be punished hard. (97 votes [48.26%])

Percentage of vote: 48.26%

3. Yes, they could get a minor penalty. (55 votes [27.36%])

Percentage of vote: 27.36%

Vote Hide poll

FrostDX #41 Posted 11 September 2011 - 12:31 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 12490 battles

View PostMarlekin, on 11 September 2011 - 12:08 PM, said:

You keep ranting on and on about players destroying their own tanks by leaving battle. I am talking about afk & leaving game from the start. For a post or 3 now, youve completely missed the point by not reading posts correctly. Which brings me back to what i said at the start:

Well - tread is called "players who exit battle" and that includes:
1) Those who exit battle at start
2) Those who exit battle so they could deny the kill to the opposition.

And you're obviously missing the point from the start by mentioning those who are afk because of god know what reason. And I am reading correctly, it's not my fault that you keep going on and on about being afk.

And you're refusing to give an answer to a simple question: "why one must exit battle" even in situations that you mentioned? It's not shame that you admit that there is no reason for that, but for some reason you find it a very difficult to understand that sort of question, and you even accuse me of not reading correctly.

It's not a problem for me to understand real life problems and needs, but this isn't the topic in the first place.

FrostDX #42 Posted 11 September 2011 - 12:40 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 12490 battles

View PostDrunkenSaylor, on 11 September 2011 - 12:25 PM, said:

@point1 HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! too funny, maybe it did take them 30 seconds to MAKE the child tho xD
:D  I didn't mean it that way  :D  If that was the case... well it's just sad then  :facepalmic:

but come on guys, I think some of you are arguing for the sake of arguing here..

I'm not arguing, I'm just patiently trying to explain my point, but some people just don't seem to get it. And it pretty simple, what is the problem in understanding a such simple thing...

"if someone presses the Quit Battle option then they should be punished for this, NOT if they get dconnected, ONLY if they press the Quit Button option"
And that was a point all along. Tnx for help (+1)  :Smile_great:

wombatlbn #43 Posted 11 September 2011 - 12:50 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12780 battles
  • [MIRKI] MIRKI
Exiting game when team sucks is a save of time. What is a sense of playing if you know you loose? Exit game, take another tank and have fun (or not again)

Poison_Arrow_ #44 Posted 11 September 2011 - 01:03 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 21117 battles
  • [-CRO-] -CRO-
losing tank is too much, I mean, alot of ppl got disconnected when game is loading, so, think about it

mfingbv #45 Posted 11 September 2011 - 01:08 PM

Private

• Player
  • 42 battles

View PostFrostDX, on 11 September 2011 - 12:14 AM, said:

So what are your thoughts? How should they be punished?

My tougts are that u are angry
U have an anger issue. Big deal. Ur poll is 100% biased towards the idea that leavers should be punished with zero sympathy! What about peeps that cant help it? Why arent u a bit more open minded like markelin and muffinman. Players leaving a game is not part of WoT, it is part of

EVERY
GAME

Get over urself lol. If u tougt that everyone is 100% addicted/commited to this game have a reality pill

Marlekin #46 Posted 11 September 2011 - 01:20 PM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 33470 battles

View PostFrostDX, on 11 September 2011 - 12:31 PM, said:

Well - tread is called "players who exit battle" and that includes:
And you're obviously missing the point from the start by mentioning those who are afk because of god know what reason. And I am reading correctly, it's not my fault that you keep going on and on about being afk.

What a load of sh*t.
AFK and leavers go hand-in-hand. Anyone with a bit of game experience will know this but, clearly you dont. But.. with the way you get so worked up with players leaving the game, im not suprises to see a thread from you demanding punsishments towards afk players. :P

View PostFrostDX, on 11 September 2011 - 12:31 PM, said:

It's not a problem for me to understand real life problems

For you, yes it is. You cant imagine that something might happen beyong a players control that would force him to exit/afk a game. Otherwise this topic would not exist.

And you accuse muffin guy for being contradictory? :P

FrostDX #47 Posted 11 September 2011 - 01:27 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 12490 battles

View Postmfingbv, on 11 September 2011 - 01:08 PM, said:

My tougts are that u are angry
U have an anger issue. Big deal. Ur poll is 100% biased towards the idea that leavers should be punished with zero sympathy! What about peeps that cant help it? Why arent u a bit more open minded like markelin and muffinman. Players leaving a game is not part of WoT, it is part of

EVERY
GAME

Get over urself lol. If u tougt that everyone is 100% addicted/commited to this game have a reality pill

Yes, I do have an anger issue, I admit it. But in general I'm calm, only human stupidity can trigger my anger. But still, 1st option in my poll is that they shouldn't be punished, so your statement that my poll is 100% toward that they should be punished is wrong, it's 66,6% that they should be punished (hard or easy), and 33,3% is that they shouldn't be punished cause they're already punished enough by mother nature... But you're 100% right about 1 thing - I do have zero sympathy for losers, cowards and stupid people. And by that I mean the people that exit battle if they aren't 1st in team and cause they are spoiled brats, and people who exit battle so others won't get a kill cause they probably have some ego issue or god knows what mental problem.

And right in first post I said that if someone have some technical issues, it's not their fault, and they shouldn't be punished, but people also fail to see/understand this and keep coming with "yeah, but this isn't fair, what if someone get disconected" etc etc... I don't have problem with them.

Yet you still fail to see that in opening post (which you read, or at least part of it, which is encouraging since a lot of people failed to do that) I do ask for a REAL solution. But I can't repeat myself anymore, if you want to understand - see my other posts, and were cool, if you don't want to or can't - well it's not my fault.

Ascender #48 Posted 11 September 2011 - 01:45 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 21985 battles
  • [EFE] EFE
"Yes, they should be punished hard."

But imho not in the costs section, if anything make them pay the maximum their vehicle allows in repair costs (seeing as they blow up their own vehicle, they can do a good job of it (unless offc it's a Maus with a @*$&ing strong turret :D )) and make them earn NO CREDITS AT ALL from the match, no matter what they did or how much.

I see myself quit out of battle sometimes, for various reasons, most recently i've had these 2 which you could imagine someone would do that.

Situation 1 sees me playing my GW Panther (by now sold) and i got thrown into an arty-party match, i refused outright to be part of WarGaming's ridiculous matchmaking system and be this cruel to the people playing actual tanks, having had an arty-party the previous match in my IS-2, i refused to be a part of this arty-party and quit on second 1.

Situation 2 is where i was on westfield, i was in my Panther, trying to cap the enemy base, i get swarmed all over and with the help of my (then still alive) 2 allies they all died, my allies died in the meantime 'cause they were stupid and standing in the open field, and when i shot my last attacker i noticed i had literally 1 hitpoint left, and about 3-4 more fresh enemies (including a 100% Lowe and stuff like that) came screaming down the hill having reached my position from the other side of the map. I decided not to give them a free, undeserved kill since they did not exchange shots with me once, and on 1 hp, i said to myself "screw it" and left.

It is the ridiculous cases which causes this to have a need for punishment, one of the best examples i have is an enemy arty, i drive up to the enemy arty, he shoots me once, i shoot him once but did not get the killing blow because of lacking alpha damage, and he blows himself up. Why did he have to shoot me before blowing himself up? Why are people sad like that? Shots like that should not be rewarded...  arty's arleady the 8 year old Call of Duty kid of WoT shooting people who have no chance with invisble aerial claymores 'n stuff and they are being rewarded for acting an ass if they actually get that shot off before they leave!!!

Other ones i can imagine if you are the last person left on your team, your team only killed 3 guys 'cause they suicide charged and you face a 1vs12 because of your team's incompetence you'd want to quit. But if anything, wargaming should make this choice weigh, it shouldn't be this easy and still cost-effective to just quit a battle after doing some damage. Imho removing the credits earned in that match should be set to Zero and perhaps knock 1/4th or 1/3rd off the earned EXP, but make it a choice that people might want to regret afterwards, rather then not giving it a second thought whatsoever. This way, if your team was thick and died outright, you wouldn't have earned much anyway, so it doesn't really matter that you lose only repair costs, but for anyone on the winning team taking the arty-shot above, it would be an expensive descision.

My 2 cents.

FrostDX #49 Posted 11 September 2011 - 01:49 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 12490 battles

View PostMarlekin, on 11 September 2011 - 01:20 PM, said:

What a load of sh*t.
AFK and leavers go hand-in-hand. Anyone with a bit of game experience will know this but, clearly you dont. But.. with the way you get so worked up with players leaving the game, im not suprises to see a thread from you demanding punsishments towards afk players. :P

You can't be serious? I can't draw, but I can try to explain it to you step by step:

Players that click "exit battle":
- gets instantly killed, and can't respawn.
- the rest of team can see this right away and they can be a bit demoralised by this, especially if player who left game was in high position in team
- they deny the opportunity to "red" team to inflict some damage and earn exp/credit.
- they can't go back in battle and help their team after all.

Afk players:
- they can be afk for whole game, or for a few seconds/minutes
- majority of team probably won't even notice if someone is afk, so it doesn't have too much impact of team "morale".
- they can at least make some opposition player happy that they got some easy kill, or they made some damage.
- if not killed while they were afk they can carry on like nothing happened and go help their team.

But I guess you still don't get it...  :huh:

Ok, I'll try with example:

Yesterday I had power outage for a second, right when I was in load screen, and my computer restarted. And when it turned on, I entered battle anyway (I thought that I'm dead already, but tried anyway), and I was in my base undamaged, and few enemy tanks were heading to base, so I killed them (there was no one else in our base so they would probably cap), and in the end I finished battle with 5 kills, although I lost first ~3 minutes of the game. And if I played from the start who knows what would happen, but this way I got very lucky.

And if I exited battle on purpose, would I be able to do this? Cmon give me your opinion, but be honest  ;)

For you, yes it is. You cant imagine that something might happen beyong a players control that would force him to exit/afk a game. Otherwise this topic would not exist.

And you accuse muffin guy for being contradictory? :P
I'm making a big difference between being afk and exiting game, so there is nothing contradictory about my statements. Just because you fail to see big difference - it doesn't mean I'm contradictory  :P

mfingbv #50 Posted 11 September 2011 - 02:20 PM

Private

• Player
  • 42 battles

View PostFrostDX, on 11 September 2011 - 01:49 PM, said:

I'm making a big difference between being afk and exiting game, so there is nothing contradictory about my statements. Just because you fail to see big difference - it doesn't mean I'm contradictory  :P

i think you fail to see point other make because you dont want to admit ur wrong

afk and leaving gives same result lol, in all online games people leave or go afk, so ur team has 1 fighter less. so its exactly the same for ur team when players goes away/afk

duh.. :P

FrostDX #51 Posted 11 September 2011 - 02:42 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 12490 battles

View Postmfingbv, on 11 September 2011 - 02:20 PM, said:

i think you fail to see point other make because you dont want to admit ur wrong

afk and leaving gives same result lol, in all online games people leave or go afk, so ur team has 1 fighter less. so its exactly the same for ur team when players goes away/afk

duh.. :P

Lol, I just gave you a clear example, and you still can't understand. Impressive  :Smile_great:

mfingbv #52 Posted 11 September 2011 - 03:33 PM

Private

• Player
  • 42 battles
ur example is not rly important, cuz it is part of your like other said "tunnelvision". some people can see bigger picture and recognise some tings do exactly the same thing :P

metoneca #53 Posted 11 September 2011 - 03:36 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 41548 battles
Player who exit the battle right at the start of the match or later are somehow disappointing. Seems some doesn't have the nutz to help at least their team. Luckily it doesn't happen that often, at least i haven't seen this often. But when someone is going to exit the battle the remaining team knows about it.

What s***s more are those who are afk and either don't play or become active in the last minute(s). You never knows if those guys will start to play or not or when. The amount of those player have raised a lot in the last weeks, at least from what i've experienced. I wouldn't mind if the Devs would find a good way to punish those fraggles.

FrostDX #54 Posted 11 September 2011 - 05:16 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 12490 battles

View Postmfingbv, on 11 September 2011 - 03:33 PM, said:

ur example is not rly important, cuz it is part of your like other said "tunnelvision". some people can see bigger picture and recognise some tings do exactly the same thing :P

Well, some people can spell... So your point is? I don't see that any of those people, including you, have any real arguments or proofs for their claims.

steview162 #55 Posted 11 September 2011 - 08:37 PM

Brigadier

• Clan Diplomat
  • 36664 battles
  • [-T-O-] -T-O-
I completely agree with FrostDX, and have said so before. But I am coming to the conclusion there is no point railing against the scrotally challenged, chicken quitting muppets. Apparently it is their right to quit the game whenever they want. So fair enuf, some people are just soloists. So be it.

RongoMatane #56 Posted 11 September 2011 - 08:54 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14941 battles
I see it more often now, that people leave the game shortly before they would die. Imo, thats the weakest and poorest thing you could do in a battle - one should have the balls to loose a game, no matter what.

What i don't get is, why people have to leave if they have something important to do. Why can't they just stay afk? That way, they are at least a help for their team, since they still can spot the enemy, soak up some damage and maybe even rejoin. I believe they quit for the selfish reason of saving some repair costs, but i could be wrong.

View PostMarlekin, on 11 September 2011 - 12:08 PM, said:

You keep ranting on and on about players destroying their own tanks by leaving battle. I am talking about afk & leaving game from the start. For a post or 3 now, youve completely missed the point by not reading posts correctly. Which brings me back to what i said at the start:

Funny how you want to change the topic of the thread (derail the thread) and demand, that people accept your derail and talk about the stuff you want instead of the stuff mentioned in the starting post.

also: "why one must exit battle" wasn't answered....but an answer would be really interesting ;)

UltimateVarro #57 Posted 11 September 2011 - 11:30 PM

Major

• Player
  • 30698 battles
  • [NOP3] NOP3
One Ragequiter doesn't change the team's 'skill' at all.

For example: IS7 (only Tier10 Tank in that Game) left right in the beginning, even the enemy laughed at us and thought it would be an easy victory for them, BUT we still won 15>11 and killed their Maus, IS4's, E75's etc.

One Teammate really does not make any difference. If you lost, its because of the 14 Mates in your team, not the one that ragequited right in the beginning.

A Battle is always a 15vs15 (in very very rare cases 15vs14), not a 1vs15. What i want to say is: There are still other tanks in your team, so fuck him and win this freaking match. Show the enemy that you don't need this idiot and can still defeat them, eventhough your teams firepower is worse now.

-> Play the Game and Stop Crying, Start Playing Like 15 Teammates And Not 15 Randoms.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users