Victor Kislyi on World of Tanks' Future

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

anonym_ZxkC3EBNBO8l #41 Posted 05 April 2016 - 08:20 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 0 battles

Derar WG, here is a word from your player.

I have a test for you by which you will know are you on a right path to put game again on the track of its greatness.

Dear WG: Are you in the process of returning Province map into the game? .Its not just a map question, I am posting this as a test of your attitude and orientation about reality.

Dear WG are you  returning Province map as we speak?

No?   Than you are on a wrong path still, and ask yourselves:" why are we not returning Province map??" as in the answer is the seed of possible faliure you could withness .

Edited by Poe_Dameron, 05 April 2016 - 08:23 AM.

lewisdawson1 #42 Posted 05 April 2016 - 09:16 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 26339 battles
Sceptical as to how they're planning to rebalance artillery. I see the main problem being 1-shoted. However the historical accuracy is the reason why they have those reload times right? Something so historically fundamental to the vehicle class will look half-done if it is changed so dramatically.

b0d #43 Posted 05 April 2016 - 09:24 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 30295 battles
  • [BC-1] BC-1

View PostKodrutZ, on 04 April 2016 - 05:41 PM, said:

Is there any future for WoT? I stopped having any big hopes years ago. I only get back from time to time, just to be disappointed again. With all tiers in garage and over 70 tanks, no more fun for me. :(

Why?

wattitatti #44 Posted 05 April 2016 - 09:44 AM

Private

• Player
  • 19078 battles

View PostIron_Snake, on 05 April 2016 - 02:55 AM, said:

I think arty is OK, should stay like that. MM is OK, gold ammo, well limit the number per tank on 20 max, some can even go lower, case closed

seriously. 20 gold ammo per tank. like that solve anything. more like 5 or 10 max and it might have some effect for gameplay

Lam3rson #45 Posted 05 April 2016 - 09:46 AM

Private

• Player
  • 36674 battles
  • [XCATS] XCATS
Future will start only if  Res_mod   is Deleted.Only then they can make game beter.

Rustybolt #46 Posted 05 April 2016 - 10:55 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 18875 battles

Here's my thoughts if you are really interested WG:-

1.As above remove res mod folder and incorporate popular fair mods into core game.......change EULA to enable scan of WOT folder only for non WG approved mod and 'perma-ban' any cheater....will hopefully stop any aimbots, invisible foliage and arty tracer mods. We all want a level playing field.

2.Good move on T-22 rebalancing.....investigate more and perma-ban any more game fixers you find. Again we all want a level playing field. Elitism segregates the community.

3.Gold ammo...easy limit to 6 in load out.....will enable a full(expensive) clip for any auto loaders and be more than enough for most players who aren't gold spamming seal clubbers. Exceptions made for a tier 7 trying to pen an IS6.

4.MM spread limit to +1, +2 scouts and make platooning same tier only. This stops 'griefer' platoons.

5.Stop the bundling of gold. Some customers really do want to buy your tanks but don't......it makes you look GREEDY and is bad business in the long term.

6.Stop this new craze of silly adverts/logos on tanks...it spoils emersion and makes some nice tanks and their owners looking like clowns. We all agree they look like clowns that's why we don't buy them. Not everyone is impressed by WGL. What next, tanks with fluffy dice?

7.Properly balance all premiums and stop the power creep to promote sales of your new tanks. Some have 175/181 pen ding, ding, ding and some have 212 pen. Poor T69 auto loader gun pen value needs a rethink. Yes I know, learn weak spots nub.

8.Make all the communities equal EU RUS US. All should have same events and same rewards. It leads to resentment in your player base. Too many sales which aren't sales.

9.Too many corridor maps.....I liked some of the removed maps... just rework and remove the north/south advantages from them.

10.I like the idea of a 'thumbs up' button you can send to a player you admired/respected or played well in your last match. 100 thumbs possible a reward 5 large repair/fire kits. Might improve gameplay. Nah we know it won't.

11. Most important......if any of your new developers who are trying to impress you come up with a ' great new idea,' immediately poke him straight in the eye, make him play 10k games (hopefully in an amx40) and then run it by your community like you do with the top of the tree polls.

Thanks for reading ...I like the game but we all know and want it to get better. It can be painful at times.....looking at you.. holidays/weekends/ x3 events.

Edited by Rustybolt, 05 April 2016 - 11:00 AM.

hakabe #47 Posted 05 April 2016 - 11:44 AM

Private

• Player
  • 13985 battles
Make EU3, no mods allowed and recaptcha verification in game time to time. Go hard, go pro.

Saint_de_Exupery #48 Posted 05 April 2016 - 12:04 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2264 battles

In fact they should delete All Japaneze Godzilla tank tech tree to return game on its tracks of normality.

Godzilas were turning point

BattleBudgie #49 Posted 05 April 2016 - 12:04 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 26095 battles
  • [_SAF_] _SAF_
All this "happy player" [edited]should've been presented a week ago, before the "huge 5th anniversary bonuses" and "rewards for veteran players". Now it's ridiculous and repulsive as ever.

rancidpunk #50 Posted 05 April 2016 - 12:04 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 63643 battles
  • [ORCA] ORCA

I can't help thinking that a tier spread of +/- 1 instead of the current 2 would make the need for gold ammo obsolete. I carry gold in every tank atm for those comedy moments like my T34/100 trying to fight an M103 and a T95 at the end of a game!

I did have almost a year off while I was playing WoWs and after another few hundred games in my heavies it occured to me that since I was now getting pawned by T8 light tanks (SP1C, Bulldog, etc.) in my E100 the game was back to the equivalent of before the big HE nerf a few years ago, all I need to complete the flashback is a bunch of Type 59's spamming HE on my slow firing [edited]!

I'm not moaning, I shall gradually adapt to classes/tiers meaning less and less, I shall overcome the urge to throw my mouse at the screen when RNG decides an arty can bounce my E100 on it's side point blank but an invisible scout on the other side of the map can tear me to pieces while the arty reloads!

2eme_Voltigeur #51 Posted 05 April 2016 - 12:25 PM

Private

• Player
  • 41080 battles
  • [W0P] W0P
Why does noone ever ask Wargaming when female crew voices will be implemented..?? I was very dissapointed when I rolled my IS-7 with all female crew out for the first time................

p6kk #52 Posted 05 April 2016 - 12:26 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30412 battles
I do not believe they can do better in this game. This game is dead. Same boring maps. 

Codis172 #53 Posted 05 April 2016 - 12:33 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 36842 battles
  • [US66] US66

Don't promise but deliver is all I can say,

Fix that broken arty and limit the gold ammo loadout, it is sickening and makes the game so boring. Even though there are times when a tank 1 or 2 tiers above me I get spammed with gold ammo and i think "are you just that bad, too lazy or desperate for damage and padding your stats" The game is more exciting when you have to use skills (when to use gold because of the loadout) rather than blindly fire at enemies and not taking time to aim.

Another thing is mm, yes I would if like it if there would be more balanced mm between teams. Not only that but also cap the number of different tanks. I see games when there are 4 arties and 5 lights or a situation were more than half the team are meds/heavies and/or td's while the other team have a bit of everything. Games with max 2 lights, 2 arties, 5/6 heavies 3/4 meds and the rest td's or something. When you are doing personal missions but you fail to complete them because your team have so many lights that take away spotting damage or heavies who deliver more damage it becomes harder to achieve them.

Also, those stupid retarded bundles we see every week. Same old same old, when I buy a €100 package (I never do tbh) I won't buy one next week or the week after that as I would have piles of gold so why introduce packages like that constantly. I think the majority of players don't mind a bit of gold but not a sh*tload of gold. We like tanks but you are restricting us from buying them because of those overpriced and overloaded gold packages, if we want 5 tanks you make us buy them with a huge amount of gold in whcih you end up with a pile of 100k or so.

Don't forget those weekend specials, some are nice but some are just so bad it's not even funny. It would be better imho if you made a special twice a month with more bonuses and offers but not littly tine ones each week. X3 every weekend would be nice or X2 for every victory once a month and another week you have X2/X3 crew training or something. Mix things up so we won't know exactly what we are in for, it's all becoming a bit predictable.

will you learn now?

Edited by Codis172, 05 April 2016 - 01:57 PM.

UnchainedPanda #54 Posted 05 April 2016 - 01:17 PM

Private

• Player
  • 16463 battles
Hate to be a pessimist, but I don't believe anything he said will be coming to the game soon enough to matter.

4orky #55 Posted 05 April 2016 - 01:35 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 19216 battles

Blah Blah Blah We want more money Blah Blah then some more ingame ideas to make more money Blah Blah more Premium tanks to make more money Oh yeah we need more money to cover the flop WoWp

I tell you what WG hear is some free advice to corner the fps (#f2p)(#p2w) gaming market......trade WoWP (flop) for W%$£^£nder planes there you go done your welcome

Edited by 4orky, 05 April 2016 - 01:35 PM.

Snowhard #56 Posted 05 April 2016 - 01:50 PM

Private

• Player
  • 31620 battles
  • [MGLTU] MGLTU

Eat_My_Bullet #57 Posted 05 April 2016 - 01:52 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 65 battles

So much cry about gold ammo omg really. For god sake, untill we have +2 MM i don't see any problem with premium shells. Or those OP tanks for it tier which eat u alive.

And the second biggest problem is RNG. Which have huge impatc on pentration lvl and if they rebalance gold ammo that should be rebalanced also

tjark504 #58 Posted 05 April 2016 - 01:53 PM

Private

• Player
  • 24802 battles
  • [-MBZ-] -MBZ-

Please do something about XVM, arty focusing good players is so annoying and unfair. Being a good player and having good stats is the biggest disadvantage ever.

"We can't just change MM to +-1 tier." Why not?

5everin #59 Posted 05 April 2016 - 01:57 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 81267 battles
  • [TEC] TEC

View PostEat_My_Bullet, on 05 April 2016 - 01:52 PM, said:

So much cry about gold ammo omg really. For god sake, untill we have +2 MM i don't see any problem with premium shells. Or those OP tanks for it tier which eat u alive.

And the second biggest problem is RNG. Which have huge impatc on pentration lvl and if they rebalance gold ammo that should be rebalanced also

"gold" ammo ruined any semblance of balance this game had. Meet a tank designed to be tough and hard to hurt...press the magic skill button and lo the tough tank is now made of wet paper.

and can be penned left right and centre by anything on the enemy team. Now if we had gold armour and gold engines to go with the gold ammo things might be a little fairer but we don't.

p14b #60 Posted 05 April 2016 - 01:58 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 21347 battles

View PostTankuxa, on 04 April 2016 - 07:12 PM, said:

Make MM based on some, any measurement of skill at all would be the biggest improvement to the game. Having no MM just to speed up queue time is pointless when there are always 20-80k players online. (except 3-6am).

I'd rather wait a bit longer to not get tomatoes vs lemons with a 30% win chance every game. 

You mean skill based match making LOL, WG would never do this as the only people (he claims to listen to if any) are plums, and theirs no way they want to fight people at there own level, that may bring them down a peg or two, better to let the MM think > Tomatoes vrs Plums = 50/50 or even more realistic is > Tom(200games on a stock grind with wrong crew) = Plum(40k-games 7 skill crew). WGs answer to this is the MM will sort it out over time LOL!!,  basically a new player grinding will get smashed to bits not even knowing WTF hit him and the next game he will be carried along in a game as bottom tier by 2 doing nothing thinking WTF is going on over there,  1 loss 1 win , How the hell is this helping people !?, most people give up the game before T5 , HAPPY PEOPLE my [edited]. Skill based MM can only make lower players better and top players better (and everyone in-between better) as playing more often then not with people of your own skill or slightly better is more fun and enjoyable, i also think people would be more inclined to work together as a team more too.  

Don't get me wrong there's a lot of helpful nice top players, but how would they truly feel if every time they went into a game and looked across and all 15 players on the other side where 11000 rated ?, because i guess that's how a lot of lower players must feel with this MM, Its not broke like many people think it is, its just never going to work when its not got all the info it needs to evenly match up 15 vrs 15 players. WG have played about with the MM so much over the years without adding in all the info it needs to truly work!, like true ratings/skill/games played ect ect that its now become a joke , 15-1 15-0 0-15 and so on.

If you really want to listen to the real player base and not just a minority, lets have a Skill-Based MM 50/50 with the all correct and upto date info added to make it work as it should of been 5 years ago, No more stat packers in a no-win game, players who play for me me me, or OP-Plum-Platoons win grinding to keep a +60% Win Rate going, all the time cheating the MM, so many times you need that player to play to help the team but you just know as soon as XMV says 30% there more bothered about there stats then any team game. 

There's been a big FAT WHITE ELEPHANT in the room called (skill based MM) for far too long.    

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users