65 replies to this topic

RagingRaptor #1 Posted 06 April 2016 - 07:23 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 42459 battles
  • [OM] OM

Hello Everybody :3

Today I want to show you my Review about the new Grand Finals Tank

Before we start. In the beginning I talk shortly about the stats of the tank and then we dive into the replay which shows the strength of this tank. Its DPM.

Quick summary:

This tank was first announced to be a T7 Light tank and now since it is released I think it was a wise choice to buff its penetration and put it at T8. On T7 this tank would have been way to strong. It has one of the best DPM of all T8 Scout tanks only getting surpassed by the RU ( the RU has a better version of his gun. Better Accuracy, Better DPM, Better penetration) and the WZ when he uses the 85mm gun.

Here the link to compare all T8 scouts:

http://tanks.gg/wot/compare#t:m-41-90-gf.c:ru-251.c:wz-132.c:amx-13-90.c:t49.c:t-54-ltwt

I personally have all of them and I have to say that the M41 90 matches perfectly into this roster. It trades armor for superior DPM and gun stats. The gundepression of -8 in the front is enjoyable to play with ( the RU only have sideways -10 degrees.). Also with the fact that Wargaming Marketing EU started to sell this tanks in a bundle with only the tank gives it a fair price of 25€. This tank also have many uses. It can play obviously random battles but also can be used in stronkholds ( where it can get a bunch of cr. while still being a viable choice to fight with). If you don't have a RU you can even use it in Clanwars ( but still the RU is better in most aspects which I think to be fair considering the M41 90 is a premium vehicle which can train your RU crew and give a good amount of money.)

Anways I have to say that I would recommend this tank. Sure the camouflage and the Stickers of WGL are annoying but otherwise the tank is really enjoyable to play with.

If you have any suggestions for me on how to improve my review, feel free to write it here or in the comment section of the video.

Cheers

RagingRaptor

aikin9 #2 Posted 06 April 2016 - 08:07 PM

Private

• Player
  • 25326 battles
I stop watching when you said you dont have vert stabs...

RagingRaptor #3 Posted 06 April 2016 - 09:25 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 42459 battles
  • [OM] OM

View Postaikin9, on 06 April 2016 - 08:07 PM, said:

I stop watching when you said you dont have vert stabs...

Woow Rude D: It works also pretty well. And obviously you can exchange the vents wth a vert stabs :D

tnk_x5000 #4 Posted 07 April 2016 - 09:19 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 29102 battles
I also don't use v.stab on my Ru 251, LTTB and T37 - they just don't need it, because they already have great gun handling. And on paper, the M 41 90 has even better. And not having v.stab. allows you to improve on other important aspects with vents, rammer, optics, maybe a wet ammo rack or whatever you feel like. But really, many of the new light tanks just don't need v.stab.

Walt3rWhite #5 Posted 08 April 2016 - 11:53 AM

Private

• Player
  • 28926 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-
Edited By Moderator

Edited by LordAxalon, 12 April 2016 - 06:21 PM.
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to inappropriate content.

RagingRaptor #6 Posted 08 April 2016 - 01:10 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 42459 battles
  • [OM] OM

View PostWalt3rWhite, on 08 April 2016 - 11:53 AM, said:

Quoted Text Edited By Moderator

Didin't knew that Walterwhite is a detectiv. But you did some sloppy work there :3 Your argument is that my aimcircle is of target. this is because of the Replay. As soon as you use auto aim on a target in the actual game it will be differently displayed in the replay. And I saw this problem aswell without mods. Also if you would have looked closer you can clearly see that with the beginning of the engage against the t43 I was aimed directly at him while I used autoaim. But ohwell :/ If you incist in player skill being hacks, cheats etc. Believe it. Also for otherpeople which actualy use this mod. I would say it can make your gameplay even worse. If you immediatly shoot after you did your "aimbot thingy" you will have a big aimcircle presumeably because of the sharp turning of the turret and the movement of the vehicle. So if you shoot exactly after your aimcircle hit the tank you will mostly likely miss on distances above 100m. Also I highly doubt that such mods actually influence the game too much. Does a bad player plays better with such a mod? Does the, how you call it, "aimbot" aim at weakspots? I don't know :/ But if it would aim at weakspots I would say yes it is broken and unfair. But if not. Oh well it is an autoaim. As soon as the enemy moves you will miss because the aimcircel is fixed in the tank and not befor him. Also to be good in this game you need to know: when to go in, when you have the ability to win trades, know positions where your specific tank performs well ( e.g. Hulldown positions for a t34, Debris where you can hide your lowerplate as a is7 / obj.263) and most importenantly what your viewrange is. And WG just gave green light to this mod that you can see your actual viewrange. And if you want to ban a mod it should be the laser mod ( shows you where the enemys are aiming, on minimap and ingame via laserpointers on their guns) or the tank stats mod which shows you the basic stats of a tank when you aim at him. This game is a good example of the principal of Knowledge is Power. The only problem with it is that you can't be the very best ( heheheehe) because of the RNG which most of the time can screw your day via arty, missing shots where you aimed fully, no penetration hits on obvious penetrations etc.

But oh well.

Still have a nice day. It is finaly friday after all :3

Cheers

RagingRaptor

Edited by LordAxalon, 12 April 2016 - 06:21 PM.
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to inappropriate content.

Walt3rWhite #7 Posted 08 April 2016 - 04:09 PM

Private

• Player
  • 28926 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

Edited By Moderator

Edited by LordAxalon, 12 April 2016 - 06:22 PM.

RagingRaptor #8 Posted 09 April 2016 - 02:16 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 42459 battles
  • [OM] OM

View PostWalt3rWhite, on 08 April 2016 - 04:09 PM, said:

Ok. As a Worldoftanks fan, content creater and also a guy with some knowledge in XVM mods and stuff I know what I have, what I am allowed to use and what not.

Quote: "Permitted in game alterations. 

● Default Autoaim or mods which assist in activating the default autoaim by clicking near the target.

"

Source: http://forum.worldof...st-asia-server/

I take as source the Mods list of the ASIA server ( which is should be the same for EU, from a CM which said it to me)

Also read the whole thing. 

And if you really think my "autoaim" is aiming at a weakspot, tell me what weakspot, because I personally don't see any weakspot aiming...

Cheers

RagingRaptor

XPuntar #9 Posted 09 April 2016 - 08:09 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14510 battles

And for exactly this reason I want auto-aiming TO BE REMOVED FROM THE GAME!!!!

Seriously it it for this reason why the game is played in yolo mode with "premium spam" all over!!!

Sorry for "rant post", but seriously, name me another competitive shooter with "built-in" auto-aim. It just defeat the purpose of skilled aiming, despite the fact WoT has "enormous RNG" influence on it.

Edited by XPuntar, 09 April 2016 - 08:23 PM.

Cobra6 #10 Posted 09 April 2016 - 08:16 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16505 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Can we stop about the bloody replay bug that displays aiming wrong and just admire the video and review?

Nice video RR :)

Cobra 6

Walt3rWhite #11 Posted 10 April 2016 - 09:27 AM

Private

• Player
  • 28926 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

View PostRagingRaptor, on 09 April 2016 - 02:16 PM, said:

Ok. As a Worldoftanks fan, content creater and also a guy with some knowledge in XVM mods and stuff I know what I have, what I am allowed to use and what not.

Quote: "Permitted in game alterations. 

● Default Autoaim or mods which assist in activating the default autoaim by clicking near the target.

"

Source: http://forum.worldof...st-asia-server/

I take as source the Mods list of the ASIA server ( which is should be the same for EU, from a CM which said it to me)

Also read the whole thing. 

And if you really think my "autoaim" is aiming at a weakspot, tell me what weakspot, because I personally don't see any weakspot aiming...

Cheers

RagingRaptor

Edited By Moderator

RagingRaptor #12 Posted 10 April 2016 - 03:43 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 42459 battles
  • [OM] OM

View PostXPuntar, on 09 April 2016 - 08:09 PM, said:

And for exactly this reason I want auto-aiming TO BE REMOVED FROM THE GAME!!!!

Seriously it it for this reason why the game is played in yolo mode with "premium spam" all over!!!

Sorry for "rant post", but seriously, name me another competitive shooter with "built-in" auto-aim. It just defeat the purpose of skilled aiming, despite the fact WoT has "enormous RNG" influence on it.

This could also work. Simply remove autoaim from the game. I am honest, we had several clanwars where the fc said just autoaim and shoot on the move. One shot will hit nevertheless because of the rng.

View PostCobra6, on 09 April 2016 - 08:16 PM, said:

Can we stop about the bloody replay bug that displays aiming wrong and just admire the video and review?

Nice video RR :)

Cobra 6

Thanks mate :3

View PostWalt3rWhite, on 10 April 2016 - 09:27 AM, said:

Never said anyone is a idiot and I should stop feeding the internet trolls ...

Cheers RagingRaptor

Edited by LordAxalon, 12 April 2016 - 06:23 PM.

anonym_kUQyj0XwjEe2 #13 Posted 10 April 2016 - 06:55 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 0 battles
Raging Raptor was in two minds if I should buy it but after your video decided not to. Good honest video showing pros and cons. Thx mate. Gave it a like.

L0ddy #14 Posted 11 April 2016 - 09:22 AM

Major

• Player
  • 86266 battles
  • [TWD] TWD

View PostWalt3rWhite, on 08 April 2016 - 10:53 AM, said:

there is zero evidence of an aimbot in this video, i think you owe RagingRaptor an apology:facepalm:

Eila_Juutilainen #15 Posted 11 April 2016 - 09:50 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 21383 battles
  • [102ND] 102ND
When RR is circling the T-43, you can clearly see that his gun points straight at him bu the aim circle bugs up and even vanishes from the screen at one point. Aim circles not aligning is a known bug in replays, even on vanilla clients.

Enherjaren #16 Posted 11 April 2016 - 10:12 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 66355 battles
  • [EFE-X] EFE-X

What RR is using here is the mod "Autoaim Indication+".

A legal mod that let's you lock your autoaim on tanks in proximity of your sights instead of locking on when you are highlighting their outline.

The sight moving away from the tank here is just a replay bug as stated above.

Edited by SlenderMoose, 11 April 2016 - 10:12 AM.

Walt3rWhite #17 Posted 11 April 2016 - 05:26 PM

Private

• Player
  • 28926 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

Edited By Moderator

Eila_Juutilainen #18 Posted 11 April 2016 - 05:59 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 21383 battles
  • [102ND] 102ND

View PostWalt3rWhite, on 11 April 2016 - 05:26 PM, said:

I'm not using any mods at all but I have encountered aim circle bugs in my replays.

Walt3rWhite #19 Posted 11 April 2016 - 09:36 PM

Private

• Player
  • 28926 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

View PostEila_Juutilainen, on 11 April 2016 - 05:59 PM, said:

I'm not using any mods at all but I have encountered aim circle bugs in my replays.

Edited By Moderator

Edited by LordAxalon, 12 April 2016 - 06:24 PM.

Eila_Juutilainen #20 Posted 11 April 2016 - 10:32 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 21383 battles
  • [102ND] 102ND

No, I don't use any mods or bots or whatever. That actually has no influence on this video because this is not a replay file I'm playing from my own client, but, you know, a video.

Furthermore, I've just rewatched the video and I don't see any point where he supposedly uses an aimbot. Just a lot of auto-aim and a lot of bugged aim circle. BEcause that's what is happening, the displayed aim circle is simply not synching up properly. I have no idea how you get blue stats without being able to understand that the aim circle /cannot/ be anywhere but where your gun is pointing. It's a bug, nothing else. He auto-aimed and due to synching issues his aim circle didn't stay where it should be.

The only person making a fool out of themselves here is you.

P.S., here is an example of what an aimbot actually looks like and what it does:[Edit]

Edited by LordAxalon, 12 April 2016 - 06:25 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users