Why isn't there a 'World of Halo'?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

TheEnds #1 Posted 12 September 2011 - 02:09 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 7412 battles
Ok, I have to clarify.

Not exactly 'World of Halo'. Not the franchise. But you know how the vehicle sections in Halo feel? Like that. But an online multiplayer skirmish game.

There's so many online FPS... where are the vehicle games?

Imagine WoT's xp and critical hits and upgrades and tactics (pfft...) and stuff but in Halo-esque vehicles. With different factions or races having vehicles with different abilities. Some hover, like grav-tanks, and move sideways, some could make short teleport jumps, some have shields, some can create barriers or area effects, factions that favor assault, factions that favor subtlety, guns that fire slow-moving plasma or status effects or just frikkin lazors...

So like World of Tanks, but after a night drinking Halo and playing coffee.

Moved to offtopic

>Laughter

Loon #2 Posted 12 September 2011 - 02:11 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12991 battles

View PostTheEnds, on 12 September 2011 - 02:09 PM, said:

Ok, I have to clarify.

Not exactly 'World of Halo'. Not the franchise. But you know how the vehicle sections in Halo feel? Like that. But an online multiplayer skirmish game.

Imagine WoT's xp and critical hits and upgrades and tactics (pfft...) and stuff but in Halo-esque vehicles. With different factions or races having vehicles with different abilities. Some hover, like grav-tanks, and move sideways, some could make short teleport jumps, some have shields, some can create barriers or area effects, factions that favor assault, factions that favor subtlety, guns that fire slow-moving plasma or status effects or just frikkin lazors...

Its called Planetside :)

Look it up there is a new one coming out soon!

Loon ;)

mefistocelus #3 Posted 12 September 2011 - 02:13 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 39921 battles

View PostTheEnds, on 12 September 2011 - 02:09 PM, said:

Ok, I have to clarify.

For that crap change the game! Some of us really like at least a little flavor of WWII...

Listy #4 Posted 12 September 2011 - 02:15 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 12133 battles
They all died a death with the Playstation 1, That had Battletanx and Shellshock on it. Those were the last tank games I remember (and no, Wargames: DEFCON 1 doesn't count)

TheEnds #5 Posted 12 September 2011 - 02:23 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 7412 battles

View Postmefistocelus, on 12 September 2011 - 02:13 PM, said:

For that crap change the game!

What?

View PostLoon, on 12 September 2011 - 02:11 PM, said:

Its called Planetside :)

Mmm... it looks a bit frantic, kinda like Starsiege Tribes. I mean something with the sedate pacing of WoT and no infantry, just vehicle skirmishing.

koentje911 #6 Posted 12 September 2011 - 02:43 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 4897 battles
  • [B-D-B] B-D-B
uuuhm who talks about halo nowadays when we got games like battlefield 3 and the new medal of honnor?
totaly wrong thing to say and on the totaly wrong forum!

KoffieWhite #7 Posted 12 September 2011 - 03:16 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9538 battles
  • [RDDTR] RDDTR

View Postkoentje911, on 12 September 2011 - 02:43 PM, said:

uuuhm who talks about halo nowadays when we got games like battlefield 3 and the new medal of honnor?

well, a re-release of Halo CE is being released in November and another Halo Trilogy has been planned by 343 for next year

Shootingstarr #8 Posted 12 September 2011 - 04:22 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27328 battles
exciting! except NO
I dunno but halo is one of the most boring games I ever played
can't see what's fascinating about it
oh well, but I also can't understand why ppl play CoD, so whatever

Willemp159 #9 Posted 12 September 2011 - 08:25 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6852 battles
Just NO

BlackDragon_rus #10 Posted 12 September 2011 - 09:15 PM

Private

• Player
  • 53 battles
Тишина должна быть  в библиотеке

Тихо я сказал ))))

TheEnds #11 Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:10 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 7412 battles
Wow, I seem to have touched a nerve.
Did anyone actually read what I posted... or did you only just surface through the haze of anti-psychotic medication, see the title and feel that there was something innately wrong with the world?

I'll explain again.

A Bit Like Halo (BUT NOT ACTUALLY HALO), but more like World of Tanks WITHOUT being like Call of Duty or Battlefield.

CoD, Battlefield, TF2, Halo multiplayer... they're all so crazy and fast. They haven't REALLY done anything new since Unreal Tournament. They're all frantic infantry-based FPS, some of which have vehicles in them.
Not like that at all.
A game with the pacing of World of Tanks (slow vehicles, fire support, 15 minute matches) and ONLY vehicles... but vehicles that don't have to be based on reality.

I mean, tanks are nice and all but they all pretty much do the same thing... travel forwards on tracks with a turret and fire discreet shells at finite speeds. This isn't BAD but it does mean every tank works under the same rules, just faster or slower or bigger or smaller than the others.

Why not give it Starcraft-style balance? Where you have heavy grav-tanks with shields that can be worn down quickly by rapid-firing light tanks that get destroyed by long-range AOE plasma-artillery that itself gets pwned by the shielded grav-tanks?

World of Tanks doesn't have this dynamic. It's not built that way. It's built to encourage you to grind and grind and grind to get a slightly bigger tank than the one peek-a-booing in front of you. More variation = more original thinking and interesting tactics.

I don't see what's so objectionable in suggesting a World of Tanks clone based on the dynamics of an insanely successful FPS game, unless you just hate Halo. In which case you haven't actually read what I said...

adit999 #12 Posted 13 September 2011 - 01:50 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 12001 battles
  • [VWO] VWO
Halo with camping? nothanks. In halo you know you have a checkpoint so you rambo it out, A little like the russian servers, thats why it is fun. In Wo... you don't want to die so you camp. In the russian servers even a loss is fun, On EU server, a victory can bore me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users