Jump to content


Idea for a pinned topic

Whimpering Whinning OMG Im out of here Rigged MM Tomatoes Dingers Gold Ammo WJDE T-D-U

  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

TheJumpMaster #1 Posted 08 April 2016 - 08:53 PM

    Major General

  • Moderator
  • 50465 battles
  • 5,323
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-04-2011
Instead of everyone, that feels that they are hard done by, opening a new thread to say farewell may I suggest that we have a pinned topic??

basin79 #2 Posted 08 April 2016 - 08:55 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 15455 battles
  • 9,043
  • Member since:
    03-13-2012

View PostTheJumpMaster, on 08 April 2016 - 07:53 PM, said:

Instead of everyone, that feels that they are hard done by, opening a new thread to say farewell may I suggest that we have a pinned topic??

Or better still have a mod close them straight away. 



TheJumpMaster #3 Posted 08 April 2016 - 08:57 PM

    Major General

  • Moderator
  • 50465 battles
  • 5,323
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-04-2011

View Postbasin79, on 08 April 2016 - 09:55 PM, said:

Or better still have a mod close them straight away. 

 

How can we troll them if you close the thread :P

basin79 #4 Posted 08 April 2016 - 08:59 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 15455 battles
  • 9,043
  • Member since:
    03-13-2012

View PostTheJumpMaster, on 08 April 2016 - 07:57 PM, said:

 

How can we troll them if you close the thread :P

They only make the threads for attention. They want to be typed about. Why give them what they want? 



TheJumpMaster #5 Posted 08 April 2016 - 09:04 PM

    Major General

  • Moderator
  • 50465 battles
  • 5,323
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-04-2011

View Postbasin79, on 08 April 2016 - 09:59 PM, said:

They only make the threads for attention. They want to be typed about. Why give them what they want? 

 

Party Pooper :teethhappy:

basin79 #6 Posted 08 April 2016 - 09:07 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 15455 battles
  • 9,043
  • Member since:
    03-13-2012

View PostTheJumpMaster, on 08 April 2016 - 08:04 PM, said:

 

Party Pooper :teethhappy:

Indeed I am. But I'm just one poster. If enough agree with you it still could happen. 


Edited by basin79, 08 April 2016 - 09:07 PM.


spamhamstar #7 Posted 08 April 2016 - 09:15 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 64313 battles
  • 2,477
  • [WIKD] WIKD
  • Member since:
    12-02-2012

Why not just have a pinned topic for general dissatisfaction or for specific issues that keep getting raised in new threads?

 

I'm fairly new to using the forum but the vast majority of threads seem to be duplications of previous 1's.  I'm thinking in particular about mods/mm/prem ammo/tank balance & yes the odd "i'm quiting".  The problem with creating a new thread is that longer term forum users have seen & discussed it all to death previously & some of them just troll the new threads, which makes sense for them but not for newer members, who fail to understand the responses.  As I fall into the latter group I often feel that i'd like my say on these subjects without realising what i'm saying has already been answered previously or what i'm saying isn't new even if not contained in the thread i'm responding to.

 

So if for example I was feeling unhappy about the use of gold ammo in game. If there was a pinned topic I could simply go there & read everything that's already been said before having my say.  Compare this with the current system where i'd need to search for & then read 10's or even 100's of previous threads before I could either post my thoughts in the most recent or in a random 1 of my choice.  It would also make it easier for WG to understand the mood of the forum community about said issues.

 

Anyway, just a thought from a noob.



basin79 #8 Posted 08 April 2016 - 09:17 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 15455 battles
  • 9,043
  • Member since:
    03-13-2012

View Postspamhamstar, on 08 April 2016 - 08:15 PM, said:

Why not just have a pinned topic for general dissatisfaction or for specific issues that keep getting raised in new threads?

 

I'm fairly new to using the forum but the vast majority of threads seem to be duplications of previous 1's.  I'm thinking in particular about mods/mm/prem ammo/tank balance & yes the odd "i'm quiting".  The problem with creating a new thread is that longer term forum users have seen & discussed it all to death previously & some of them just troll the new threads, which makes sense for them but not for newer members, who fail to understand the responses.  As I fall into the latter group I often feel that i'd like my say on these subjects without realising what i'm saying has already been answered previously or what i'm saying isn't new even if not contained in the thread i'm responding to.

 

So if for example I was feeling unhappy about the use of gold ammo in game. If there was a pinned topic I could simply go there & read everything that's already been said before having my say.  Compare this with the current system where i'd need to search for & then read 10's or even 100's of previous threads before I could either post my thoughts in the most recent or in a random 1 of my choice.  It would also make it easier for WG to understand the mood of the forum community about said issues.

 

Anyway, just a thought from a noob.

That's a good idea. Sadly however whiners like to believe they've stumbled upon something different to the rest of the whine posts and what a brand new thread to showcase it. So you'd still get loads of different threads posted. 



wsatnutter #9 Posted 08 April 2016 - 09:31 PM

    General

  • Beta Tester
  • 26492 battles
  • 9,513
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    08-25-2010

ok im in on this

lets do the topics

1. snap shot from the han solo death star in the alpha quadrant


 

2. they appeared 1.76  metres in front of me in an open field (double bush syndrome)


 

3. its not free to play (cos I have to imput card details) well mum does


 

4. nerf that tank cos I shot it in its melon and bounced  (t29) syndrome


 

5. I need to buy the Type 59 to achieve greatness


 

6. WG you gits see number 5


 

7. Friday specials arrive on Saturday grrrrr


 

8 Arty:bush: exist see han solo syndrome on point 1


 

9. wargaming allow nutter to post this tripe


 

10. the forumites channel in game is just


 

11. WG  ban all god fearing Dingers from spamming gold (one day I may be a dinger) doubt it I love my credits


 

12. Ektar and Mr Conway have to duet at tankfest in the main hall


 


 



spamhamstar #10 Posted 08 April 2016 - 09:33 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 64313 battles
  • 2,477
  • [WIKD] WIKD
  • Member since:
    12-02-2012

View Postbasin79, on 08 April 2016 - 08:17 PM, said:

That's a good idea. Sadly however whiners like to believe they've stumbled upon something different to the rest of the whine posts and what a brand new thread to showcase it. So you'd still get loads of different threads posted. 

 

lol that's also true.  I was speaking from personal experience from when I 1st posted on an existing thread about "banned" mods.  I was basically told to shut up as I was adding nothing new to the discussion.  This was 100% true I just didn't realise it at the time.

 

At least if there was a pinned topic at the top, more experienced users would be more justified in their responses & WG could simply close any new threads as a duplication & refer the new OP to the existing thread to share their tears.

 

When it comes to all these issues the current response seems obvious to me.  WG have said they're going to be looking at all these issues this year & there's really no point discussing it further until they have.



Alabamatick #11 Posted 08 April 2016 - 09:46 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 31849 battles
  • 3,428
  • Member since:
    04-11-2011

View PostTheJumpMaster, on 08 April 2016 - 07:53 PM, said:

Instead of everyone, that feels that they are hard done by, opening a new thread to say farewell may I suggest that we have a pinned topic??

 

But, they'd never use it and start a new one anyway

 

Edit:basin79 beat me to it


Edited by Alabamatick, 08 April 2016 - 09:48 PM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users