• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

shane73tank #1 Posted 09 April 2016 - 12:35 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 31708 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI

Hi folks,

I know we've had a few of these topics but as it's a positive one I make no excuses for repeating.  In short "tank you" - Not just to those who have twitch channels etc, this is to those people who come on here and give advice, guidance and just "opinions",  thanks for helping me ( and others) in their WOT journey. 

The beauty of this forum and game is that it never ends, and it's the same with opinions, I love to "play for fun" but lets be honest we all "love to win" so I'm quite proud that despite starting  by making all the mistakes of rushing tiers etc that after a year of settling down and enjoying tanks for what they are I  seem to have gotten rid of red in my sig - it's funny, I update it regularly but dont really check it too much I kinda think "it is what it is" 

GLHF, and to those who stumble upon this - read these forums, there are some awesome people here who have some good insights and advice for WOT 

Cheers peeps 

Shane 

Edited by shane73tank, 09 April 2016 - 07:46 AM.

Desyatnik_Pansy #2 Posted 09 April 2016 - 12:39 AM

Bartender

• Player
  • 17760 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

I got nothin' good to say so enjoy a congrats-atleast-along-those-lines gif.

Dr_Badthur #3 Posted 09 April 2016 - 12:49 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10390 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
I think some people fail to realise how hard it can be to improve. People who start the game and naturally develop to unicum play don't think twice about how well they play. So with that in mind, welldone. :great:

SuedKAT #4 Posted 09 April 2016 - 02:04 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Agreed, sure I'm quite a seasoned forum addict, but WoT has quite "unique"  mechanics (at least compared to the games I've played before Pong -> modern games) which takes some time and dedication to fully understand. Without this forum, opinions and tips posted, questions asked which I've searched answers for etc I would most likely have stopped playing WoT altogether due to being to lazy to search for and try out all the info my self. Heck this forum even gave me anime tips which resulted in the best anime I watched during 2015, so thanks from me as well.

LordMuffin #5 Posted 09 April 2016 - 08:44 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 50649 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostI_am_Polish, on 09 April 2016 - 12:49 AM, said:

I think some people fail to realise how hard it can be to improve. People who start the game and naturally develop to unicum play don't think twice about how well they play. So with that in mind, welldone. :great:

Which is why we see so different upon our team mates and our own skill level.

I don't really think I am much more then a decent player. Because I rarely pull off fancy moves.

But this game is probably like more like chess where solid play is awarded, and mistakes punished then a game which more favours fancy moves like CS/CoD. 

spamhamstar #6 Posted 09 April 2016 - 08:54 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 64313 battles
  • [LLAY] LLAY

I'm fairly new to the forum, although not the game & I like this post & think this kind of stuff does not get said nearly enough, so if it is a duplicate thread that's fine with me.  As you say we need more positivity on here :)

Yes the YouTubers & Twitchers are amazing. I understand that they also benefit from doing what they do, but I couldn't play this game even 1/2 as well without their help.  As for the forum, well yes, if approached in the correct manner they are without doubt the goto people if you need to know anything about how to play WoT or practically anything else for that matter.

View PostLordMuffin, on 09 April 2016 - 07:44 AM, said:

Which is why we see so different upon our team mates and our own skill level.

I don't really think I am much more then a decent player. Because I rarely pull off fancy moves.

But this game is probably like more like chess where solid play is awarded, and mistakes punished then a game which more favours fancy moves like CS/CoD. 

As for you LordMuffin, well 4k recent wn8 suggest you're "slightly" more than a decent player & i'm not sure what fancy moves you're looking to pull off before you admit that in fact you're pretty damn good :P

Edited by spamhamstar, 09 April 2016 - 08:56 AM.

Enforcer1975 #7 Posted 09 April 2016 - 08:58 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 21562 battles
  • [DID0] DID0

View PostI_am_Polish, on 09 April 2016 - 12:49 AM, said:

Yet players fail so many games without i dare to say it trying to improve. We have this one guy who joined the forum recently who will be in that club in a few thousand battles...you know that one with the T-28 fetish. Even playing like a noob gives me more wn8 than them. Maybe i am not playing stupid enough.

LordMuffin #8 Posted 09 April 2016 - 12:42 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 50649 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View Postspamhamstar, on 09 April 2016 - 08:54 AM, said:

I'm fairly new to the forum, although not the game & I like this post & think this kind of stuff does not get said nearly enough, so if it is a duplicate thread that's fine with me.  As you say we need more positivity on here :)

Yes the YouTubers & Twitchers are amazing. I understand that they also benefit from doing what they do, but I couldn't play this game even 1/2 as well without their help.  As for the forum, well yes, if approached in the correct manner they are without doubt the goto people if you need to know anything about how to play WoT or practically anything else for that matter.

As for you LordMuffin, well 4k recent wn8 suggest you're "slightly" more than a decent player & i'm not sure what fancy moves you're looking to pull off before you admit that in fact you're pretty damn good :P

How can I be more then decent if I am not FAME material?

:P

Regarding fancy moves.

When I played SC:BW, I could pull off quite fancy micromanagement stuff which won me fights due to my control > enemy players control that I shouldn't even bern close to win.

And in CS/Quake/CoD you can go and do some fancy stuff and headshot three or more in a row with like 3 shots.

These kind if moves doesn't exist in WoT, as far as I know. 

spamhamstar #9 Posted 09 April 2016 - 04:49 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 64313 battles
  • [LLAY] LLAY

View PostLordMuffin, on 09 April 2016 - 11:42 AM, said:

How can I be more then decent if I am not FAME material?

:P

Regarding fancy moves.

When I played SC:BW, I could pull off quite fancy micromanagement stuff which won me fights due to my control > enemy players control that I shouldn't even bern close to win.

And in CS/Quake/CoD you can go and do some fancy stuff and headshot three or more in a row with like 3 shots.

These kind if moves doesn't exist in WoT, as far as I know. 

lol I like you LordMuffin. 

I understand you were joking, but looking at server stats, 0.45% of the community are super unicum (& only some of them are good enough for FAME) & having seen some of these players play I can confirm that these guys are not "slightly more than decent".  They are exceptional are clearly practice some form of witchcraft.  So yes "more than decent" was a clear understatement on my part.  Just so you know (I expect you do) your own stats put you in the top 2.5%.

https://en.wot-life....u/serverstats/  (how bad is this forum that I feel the need to support troll arguements with facts?)

I'm lead to believe there is some sort of aimbot thingy if you really want to pull off 3 head shots in a row tho :P 

Dr_Badthur #10 Posted 09 April 2016 - 04:57 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10390 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

View Postspamhamstar, on 09 April 2016 - 04:49 PM, said:

Spoiler

See, the thing is, you need the FAMEpack to get into FAME, but you can't get the FAMEpack unless you're in FAME. Some very strange hacking going on. 

spamhamstar #11 Posted 09 April 2016 - 05:06 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 64313 battles
  • [LLAY] LLAY

View PostI_am_Polish, on 09 April 2016 - 03:57 PM, said:

See, the thing is, you need the FAMEpack to get into FAME, but you can't get the FAMEpack unless you're in FAME. Some very strange hacking going on. 

so it's not witchcraft? :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users