Jump to content


12.09.1939


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
53 replies to this topic

gwichy #21 Posted 12 September 2011 - 05:39 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 13031 battles
  • 138
  • Member since:
    05-10-2011
I think its easy to blame other countries for every miseries happening during WW2 and after, but lets be honest no one was perfect and every countries participating did horrible things during this war. So you could maybe explain to me why the Polish where one of the most eager of the occupied country to help the Germans rounding up the jews to send them in camps, which explains why barely 5000 where left alive in Poland after the war.

ammarmar #22 Posted 12 September 2011 - 05:49 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 32863 battles
  • 2,872
  • Member since:
    01-29-2011

View Postgwichy, on 12 September 2011 - 05:39 PM, said:

I think its easy to blame other countries for every miseries happening during WW2 and after, but lets be honest no one was perfect and every countries participating did horrible things during this war. So you could maybe explain to me why the Polish where one of the most eager of the occupied country to help the Germans rounding up the jews to send them in camps, which explains why barely 5000 where left alive in Poland after the war.

I think you should brush up on your history education before writing such nonsense. It will only get you minuses.


\|/ Ditto. Half of it is unproven claims, the rest is blatant lies. Why don't you give the source of this "revelations"?

Dr_Nooooo #23 Posted 12 September 2011 - 05:50 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 13211 battles
  • 1,415
  • Member since:
    07-19-2010
Poland likes to see itself as a poor victim of the politics of his neighbors, however Poland was anything but a peaceful and friendly neighbors in the interim war time.



  • 1919-21 Poland several times on war with its neighbors , including the post-revolutionary Russian SFSR, Ukraine, Lithuania and Czechoslovakia.

  • 1919-21 Armed uprisings of Polish minority in order to join Poland in Upper Silesia. There was a referendum in East Upper Silesia if it should stay with Germany or become part of Poland. 60% of the population voted for Germany, however it was annexed by Poland.

  • 1933 – After Hitler got elected, the Polish leader Józef Piłsudski asked several times France to attack Germany together with Poland, in order to move the Polish border even further west, France however declined.

  • 1936 – Poland threats to block all railroads from Germany into East Prussia, and so cut-off East Prussia from the rest of Germany.

  • 1939 – Germans and Ukrainians living in Poland are being arrested and beaten up on the street, German shops boycotted and German farms burned down. The polish anti-air guns three times shot at civilian Lufthansa planes flying to East Prussia.

  • July/August 1939 – Germans start to escape from Poland, this was very risky, fleeing Germans were often shot at by polish border guard. Total 80.000 Germans however have made it into the German mainland and East Prussia before September 1939.

  • September 1939 - The German Wehrmacht attacks.


Alpharius #24 Posted 12 September 2011 - 05:56 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 10377 battles
  • 2,121
  • Member since:
    04-22-2011

View Postammarmar, on 12 September 2011 - 05:49 PM, said:

I think you should brush up on your history education before writing such nonsense. It will only get you minuses.

What is wrong about his statement?

Antisemitism was very common in Poland (not only in Poland of course) back in the day, even after the War.
Haven´t you heard about the pogrom in Kielce?
Spoiler                     

In short: In 1946 around 40 jews have been killed and another 40 have been injured by polish people in Kielce

ammarmar #25 Posted 12 September 2011 - 05:59 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 32863 battles
  • 2,872
  • Member since:
    01-29-2011

View PostAlpharius, on 12 September 2011 - 05:56 PM, said:

What is wrong about his statement?

Antisemitism was very common in Poland (not only in Poland of course) back in the day, even after the War.
Haven´t you heard about the pogrom in Kielce?

The wrong is in selecting the facts that supply your claim to prove a thesis. Look at the whole picture and ask Yad Vashem institute why the most people they awarded are Poles.

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Yad_vashem
http://en.wikipedia....ong_the_Nations

marit #26 Posted 12 September 2011 - 06:03 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 51158 battles
  • 1,795
  • [_COM] _COM
  • Member since:
    02-05-2011

View PostDr_Nooooo, on 12 September 2011 - 05:50 PM, said:

Poland likes to see itself as a poor victim of the politics of his neighbors, however Poland was anything but a peaceful and friendly neighbors in the interim war time.



  • 1919-21 Poland several times on war with its neighbors , including the post-revolutionary Russian SFSR, Ukraine, Lithuania and Czechoslovakia.

  • 1919-21 Armed Uprisings of Polish minority in order to join Poland in Upper Silesia. There was a referendum in East Upper Silesia if it should stay with Germany or become part of Poland. 60% of the population voted for Germany, however it was annexed by Poland.

  • 1933 – After Hitler got elected, the Polish leader Józef Piłsudski asked several times France to attack Germany together with Poland, in order to move the Polish border even further west, France however declined.

  • 1936 – Poland threats to block all railroads from Germany into East Prussia, and so cut-off East Prussia from the rest of Germany.

  • 1939 – Germans and Ukrainians living in Poland are being arrested and beaten up on the street, German shops boycotted and German farms burned down. The polish anti-air guns three times shot at civilian Lufthansa planes flying to East Prussia.

  • July/August 1939 – Germans start to escape from Poland, this was very risky, fleeing Germans were often shot at by polish border guard. Total 80.000 Germans however have made it into the German mainland and East Prussia before September 1939.

  • September 1939 - The German Wehrmacht attacks.
Maybe you dont know but after ending I World War a polish Squadron of six planes led by Lt. LVG.CV W. Pniewski pilot attacked the airport in Frankfurt it was on January 9, 1919. A total of 36 bombs were dropped, destroying a hangar and a German plane. We are crazy dont you?  :Smile-playing:

Dr_Nooooo #27 Posted 12 September 2011 - 06:07 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 13211 battles
  • 1,415
  • Member since:
    07-19-2010

View Postmarit, on 12 September 2011 - 06:03 PM, said:

Maybe you dont know but after ending I World War a polish Squadron of six planes led by Lt. LVG.CV W. Pniewski pilot attacked the airport in Frankfurt it was on January 9, 1919. A total of 36 bombs were dropped, destroying a hangar and a German plane. We are crazy dont you?  :Smile-playing:

Oh, didn't know that, sounds like alone this incident in Frankfurt an der Oder could have been seen as a Polish attack on Germany without a declaration of war,alone that would be a good Casus belli.

ammarmar #28 Posted 12 September 2011 - 06:10 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 32863 battles
  • 2,872
  • Member since:
    01-29-2011

View PostDr_Nooooo, on 12 September 2011 - 06:07 PM, said:

Oh, didn't know that, sounds like alone this incident in Frankfurt an der Oder would have been enought for a German declaration of war.

You really are clueless, aren't you? It was a war. A war for independence after being under German occupation for over 100 years.

link

marit #29 Posted 12 September 2011 - 06:10 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 51158 battles
  • 1,795
  • [_COM] _COM
  • Member since:
    02-05-2011
It was in 1919 not in 1939, hmm Hitler forgot about it  :D

Dr_Nooooo #30 Posted 12 September 2011 - 06:22 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 13211 battles
  • 1,415
  • Member since:
    07-19-2010

View Postmarit, on 12 September 2011 - 06:10 PM, said:

It was in 1919 not in 1939, hmm Hitler forgot about it  :D

Only because it was 20 years ago (from 1939) the memories still were there, and Germany only was not able to initiate countermeasures on this illegal act because Germany was already under allied control in 1919.

marit #31 Posted 12 September 2011 - 06:34 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 51158 battles
  • 1,795
  • [_COM] _COM
  • Member since:
    02-05-2011
Dr_Noooo we should create another topic for you :) Because now what we say is offtopic  :Smile-bajan2:

theta0123 #32 Posted 12 September 2011 - 06:51 PM

    Brigadier

  • Beta Tester
  • 8039 battles
  • 4,481
  • [FHA] FHA
  • Member since:
    07-08-2010
I cannot wait to see those german fanboys coming in and bragging about there victory

The polish fought hard and brave. And there weapons where so awesome.
Of all the mauser rifles out there, the Polish mauser is considerd amongst the top 5 mauser rifles. The german mauser lacks behind it!

And the polish cavalry. i cant wait to see the false tales of entire divisions of polish cavalry slaughterd. When you go research a bit, you will find out that 8/10 of all polish cavalry charges and attacks where HUGE succeses. The germans shitted there pants when the polish and later Soviet Cavalry suddently popped out of nowhere.

marit #33 Posted 12 September 2011 - 06:54 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 51158 battles
  • 1,795
  • [_COM] _COM
  • Member since:
    02-05-2011
Read about polish UR :)http://en.wikipedia....anti-tank_rifle this rifle could destroy every German tank in 1939 :Smile-izmena:
Also you can look BAR modyfied by Poles: http://en.wikipedia....rowning_wz.1928

And look this is much better than Thermopylae in Greece: 720 Poles vs 42 000 Nazis you can read it here: http://en.wikipedia....Battle_of_wizna

Warenwolf #34 Posted 12 September 2011 - 07:03 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Beta Tester
  • 10817 battles
  • 826
  • Member since:
    12-27-2010

View PostDr_Nooooo, on 12 September 2011 - 05:50 PM, said:


[*]1939 – Germans and Ukrainians living in Poland are being arrested and beaten up on the street, German shops boycotted and German farms burned down. The polish anti-air guns three times shot at civilian Lufthansa planes flying to East Prussia.

[*]July/August 1939 – Germans start to escape from Poland, this was very risky, fleeing Germans were often shot at by polish border guard. Total 80.000 Germans however have made it into the German mainland and East Prussia before September 1939.


Any sources for these statements? Not saying that germans were not treated as potential 5th column in Poland but some of these statements sound as if Poland was the guilty party in the September 1939.

And to ask you directly (seeing the SS propaganda poster you use for your avatar) - do you applaud Hitlers actions in 1939?

beatles01 #35 Posted 12 September 2011 - 07:14 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 0 battles
  • 17
  • Member since:
    09-12-2011
what it is

marit #36 Posted 12 September 2011 - 07:16 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 51158 battles
  • 1,795
  • [_COM] _COM
  • Member since:
    02-05-2011

View Posttheta0123, on 12 September 2011 - 06:51 PM, said:

And the polish cavalry. i cant wait to see the false tales of entire divisions of polish cavalry slaughterd. When you go research a bit, you will find out that 8/10 of all polish cavalry charges and attacks where HUGE succeses.
Its true watch it http://www.youtube.c...h?v=rfWzXY8A8AU and then read this: http://en.wikipedia....rge_at_Krojanty

Dr_Nooooo #37 Posted 12 September 2011 - 07:17 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 13211 battles
  • 1,415
  • Member since:
    07-19-2010

View PostWarenwolf, on 12 September 2011 - 07:03 PM, said:

Any sources for these statements? Not saying that germans were not treated as potential 5th column in Poland but some of these statements sound as if Poland was the guilty party in the September 1939.

The main source is Gerd Schultze-Rhonhof - 1939 - Der Krieg, der viele Väter hatte . Der lange Anlauf zum Zweiten Weltkrieg, about the things you asked especially pages 370-372. (Maybe there is an english version of the book, i don't know, however you can easily find a .pdf of it if you use google)

Quote

And to ask you directly (seeing the SS propaganda poster you use for your avatar) - do you applaud Hitlers actions in 1939?

At least i disagree with the most common view of the events in 1939 and the years prior.

beatles01 #38 Posted 12 September 2011 - 07:18 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 0 battles
  • 17
  • Member since:
    09-12-2011

View PostDr_Nooooo, on 12 September 2011 - 07:17 PM, said:

The main source is Gerd Schultze-Rhonhof - 1939 - Der Krieg, der viele Väter hatte . Der lange Anlauf zum Zweiten Weltkrieg, about the things you asked especially pages 370-372.



At least i disagree with the most common view of the events in 1939 and the years prior.
Эй коз.....вы что меня не замечаете??? россия нагибатор

Dr_Nooooo #39 Posted 12 September 2011 - 07:19 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 13211 battles
  • 1,415
  • Member since:
    07-19-2010

View Postbeatles01, on 12 September 2011 - 07:18 PM, said:

Эй коз.....вы что меня не замечаете??? россия нагибатор

What? google translator translates it as follows : "Hey goat ..... you that I did not notice?? Russia nagibator"

beatles01 #40 Posted 12 September 2011 - 07:23 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 0 battles
  • 17
  • Member since:
    09-12-2011

View PostDr_Nooooo, on 12 September 2011 - 07:19 PM, said:

What? google translator translates it as follows : "Hey goat ..... you that I did not notice?? Russia nagibator"
there is not




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users