I enjoyed WGL #TheGrandFinals 2016 but...

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Cronester #1 Posted 09 April 2016 - 09:33 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 19812 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Hello well respected organizers,

I did enjoy the grand finals 2016 a lot. But there are some things I think need improvements. so I figured I should make a list.

1. Keep to the schedule (times/main stage, second stage)
  2. Limit the amount of #s to 1 on Twitter
  3. Improve the quality on Twitch
  4. Do not put Warships on the main stage in stead of the losers final (place 3 & 4)
  5. Check your posts, example: 4 rows in a row (4 wins in a row)
  6. Make sure all forms/codes are correct: favorite tank and e-mail address, did not work correctly until late in the afternoon on the second day and bonus code 1, 2 and 3 still do not work
  7. Get rid of weird things: Jedi's on the stage waving double bladed lightsabers is a completely different genre
  8. If you have sexy ladies on the stage all day doing nothing than standing... right
  9. Make sure the information is easy accessible (schedule was hard to find for instance)
  10. I wish I had a 10th to make it a nice even number, but I do not have one more.

Well this is it :)

Thanks for 2 awesome days, some highlights for me:

• New tricks to get up the middle on mines and cliff
  • OP side scraping in the cap circle on Himmelsdorff in a AMX 13 90
  • New positions that show you a 90 degrees view to take two successful shots
  • Match between Kazna & eClipse was awesome
  • New positions to spot

Again, thanks!

ps. the second code GRANDFINALSWG2016 now works, the others do not work.

Edited by Cronester, 10 April 2016 - 08:14 AM.

PAQU5 #2 Posted 09 April 2016 - 10:01 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9003 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-
I enjoyed watching it but I just disagree with the bias that some teams place on vehicles, I mean all I seen was 113 goin up against 113, TVP vs Bat chat... lorr 155 vs m40/43... its not as bad as last time where it was T37 + x6 t54 ltw vs t37 and x6 ltw... I am sick of seeing everyone so biased that IS3 is best tank for 7v7 its utter [edited], I beat a team of x6 is3 and cromwell today with x3 amx 13 90 O HO.... t32 and t34...

Ribizli #3 Posted 09 April 2016 - 10:25 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 53910 battles
  • [MYOB_] MYOB_

The final was awesome - and that tank stuck of the player apple or something from Hellraisers in the last battle OMG I did not belive it ! 

I m a fan of Kazna Kru, it s time to have 2 EU team in WG leagues - not only UKR/RUS etc team - 2 from CIS are ENOUGH !

Congratulations to both finalist ! WOW ! I think the winners - NAVI - deserved to win, they won all their matches.

sibellz #4 Posted 10 April 2016 - 12:33 PM

Private

• Player
  • 18755 battles
  • [LOP-X] LOP-X
GRANDFINALSWG2016 Does not work, stands its invalid. Tried whole [edited]night yesterday and it didnt work due to technichal issues. This is pretty [edited]bad job from WG

farbabojowa #5 Posted 10 April 2016 - 01:34 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 16190 battles
  • [B-Q] B-Q
What's the second code?

Cronester #6 Posted 10 April 2016 - 02:53 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 19812 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Code 2 and 3 as for code 1, WG announced it was not working.

GRANDFINALSWG2016 and PLGF16WG16

Cronester #7 Posted 10 April 2016 - 02:53 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 19812 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postsibellz, on 10 April 2016 - 12:33 PM, said:

GRANDFINALSWG2016 Does not work, stands its invalid. Tried whole [edited]night yesterday and it didnt work due to technichal issues. This is pretty [edited]bad job from WG

This code should work now. I claimed it this morning.

Cronester #8 Posted 10 April 2016 - 03:13 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 19812 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostPAQU5, on 09 April 2016 - 10:01 PM, said:

I enjoyed watching it but I just disagree with the bias that some teams place on vehicles, I mean all I seen was 113 goin up against 113, TVP vs Bat chat... lorr 155 vs m40/43... its not as bad as last time where it was T37 + x6 t54 ltw vs t37 and x6 ltw... I am sick of seeing everyone so biased that IS3 is best tank for 7v7 its utter [edited], I beat a team of x6 is3 and cromwell today with x3 amx 13 90 O HO.... t32 and t34...

I saw every match this year :)

Let's see what tanks I remember seeing:

AMX 50-100 RUI 251 M41 Bulldog W111 1-4 T-62A
AMX 50-120 E 50 M T57 Heavy STB-1 Obj. 140
AMX 30b E 100 T110E5 FV215b IS-7
AMX 50b WT auf E 100 T110E3 FV215B 183 IS-3
AMX 13 90 TVP T 50/51 113 ConquerorGC SU-14-2

M40/43 and Lorraine 155 do not fit in my table anymore. I am sure I missed some. I am not sure about the T-54 ltwt and the T92, I think I saw another british heavy too, but not sure.

Panzertigar #9 Posted 10 April 2016 - 05:07 PM

Private

• Player
  • 6271 battles
  • [TE_NK] TE_NK
man, I hate reading long posts...even tidily ones.

Cronester #10 Posted 10 April 2016 - 08:48 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 19812 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostPanzertigar, on 10 April 2016 - 05:07 PM, said:

man, I hate reading long posts...even tidily ones.

You are free to move on.

Cronester #11 Posted 10 April 2016 - 09:02 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 19812 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostSRB_SteelBeast, on 10 April 2016 - 03:50 PM, said:

Well, I can say that you're one of rare persons to like this event, unlike other twitch visitors. As for your improvements:

1. Like you I expected that the schedule meant when matches start on both stages. But instead it showed when the broadcast starts. So kinda they kept to their "schedule".

2. Not user of Twitter, but can agree with you there.

3. The quality on twitch can be set to source (little cog wheel). Now if even that isn't good quality, then WG need to improve it, although they'll blame twitch as usual.

4. Couldn't agree more. In fact Warships should have been in interval between semis and 3rdplace/final match. Ergo, poor organization by WG.

5. Here I can't agree with you. In eSports things happen so fast such errors can happen, there's no time for checking every post.

6. This! One of their biggest blunder. Clear example of driving current and potential new players away. Well done, WG, well done.

7. Totally agree. What purpose did those performers have? Better for them to carry flags of teams instead of circus props.

8. Same as number 7. What was their purpose? They didn't even wear team colors, only red and blue. Really poor presentation.

9. Their second biggest blunder. The info was virtually nonexistent until April 8th, and even then some browsers(Firefox) had trouble showing info. Also, it seems that all info was exclusively on WG websites. Even on their twitch channel we had no info about anything, and to add insult, twitch chat moderators used fast moving chat to provide any info(?!).

10. OK, here's a 10th for you. On wgleu there was a chat contest, every hour had 5K gold giveaway. But here's the catch, on their channel page there were no rules about it, nor who's eligible. And who won 5K gold every hour? Viewers that didn't post a single comment in the bloody chat(?!). Really, I scrolled that marathon length chat to find any comment by the "winners" and didn't find any single one!!!

Oh, another thing. This "event" showed that WGL is as close to real eSports as our solar system is to center of our galaxy. Teams that play under different rule sets, relatively recent changes to team battles format, even visitors who openly wondered what kind of competition is this and mocked it means that WGL needs not just few improvements, but a complete overhaul, from scratch.

1. No they didn't. Right before day 2 started they changed the order and stages for some of the matches. Apparently the ones that earned the main stage were not worthy.

3. The quality was set to high, no problems for other streamers, but on the WGLEU stream I could often not even read the names.

5. Check one of today's posts by World of Tanks, it starts with: "Want to some some great gear from Razer!? Head over to Instagram for our Grand Finals competition!" They just do not like the word "win" again it's the word "win" that has been replaced. Are they still in a hurry?

6. Well it is not about the bonus codes, is it? But the forms for "raffles" were wrong too... Really, this should not happen.

9. Very true.

10. I was wondering how they would find "the best helper" in that chat madness. They would need to slow chat down by 50%. To be able to read half of it.

11. I guess 11 is make all the matches in "pre rounds" or regional leagues follow the same rules.

12. Regional awards and side contests are just unfair, for instance: http://fantasywgl.com/ I made it to place 73 but since I am not an NA player, I will not get "my" prize. Everyone is equal... but not in this world. Life isn't fair, I guess.

TheDeadZone_ #12 Posted 18 April 2016 - 10:04 AM

Staff Sergeant

• WGL PRO Player
  • 23927 battles

View PostCronester, on 09 April 2016 - 09:33 PM, said:

Hello well respected organizers,

I did enjoy the grand finals 2016 a lot. But there are some things I think need improvements. so I figured I should make a list.

1. Keep to the schedule (times/main stage, second stage)
  2. Limit the amount of #s to 1 on Twitter
  3. Improve the quality on Twitch
  4. Do not put Warships on the main stage in stead of the losers final (place 3 & 4)
  5. Check your posts, example: 4 rows in a row (4 wins in a row)
  6. Make sure all forms/codes are correct: favorite tank and e-mail address, did not work correctly until late in the afternoon on the second day and bonus code 1, 2 and 3 still do not work
  7. Get rid of weird things: Jedi's on the stage waving double bladed lightsabers is a completely different genre
  8. If you have sexy ladies on the stage all day doing nothing than standing... right
  9. Make sure the information is easy accessible (schedule was hard to find for instance)
  10. I wish I had a 10th to make it a nice even number, but I do not have one more.

Well this is it :)

Thanks for 2 awesome days, some highlights for me:

• New tricks to get up the middle on mines and cliff
  • OP side scraping in the cap circle on Himmelsdorff in a AMX 13 90
  • New positions that show you a 90 degrees view to take two successful shots
  • Match between Kazna & eClipse was awesome
  • New positions to spot

Again, thanks!

ps. the second code GRANDFINALSWG2016 now works, the others do not work.

Quick reply from me as analyst/caster of grandfinals :)

1. Schedule is set to change, we only had the first match set to a schedule and for the rest we can't control it. Games can go to 9 rounds but also be over in 5 meaning that you are behind/infront of what you want it to be. 

2. can't say anything about that sorry :P
3. if you had the stream on source then quality is quite good already.

4. I would have loved to have 3rd/4th on Main stage but it was not my call.

5. no comment on that also :P

6. yeah uhm, cant say anything about that also since i have no clue about it

7. It was a real cool effect from close by because you could see the logo's, something that would be improved for next event :)

8. :P

9. Schedule was on WoT mainpage, rest it was not set and shown often on stream.

10. Great!

I hope you enjoy and i will do my best to send any feedback trough that i can :)

Cronester #13 Posted 21 April 2016 - 09:33 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 19812 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostPENTA_TheDeadZone, on 18 April 2016 - 10:04 AM, said:

Quick reply from me as analyst/caster of grandfinals :)

1. Schedule is set to change, we only had the first match set to a schedule and for the rest we can't control it. Games can go to 9 rounds but also be over in 5 meaning that you are behind/infront of what you want it to be. 

2. can't say anything about that sorry :P
3. if you had the stream on source then quality is quite good already.

4. I would have loved to have 3rd/4th on Main stage but it was not my call.

5. no comment on that also :P

6. yeah uhm, cant say anything about that also since i have no clue about it

7. It was a real cool effect from close by because you could see the logo's, something that would be improved for next event :)

8. :P

9. Schedule was on WoT mainpage, rest it was not set and shown often on stream.

10. Great!

I hope you enjoy and i will do my best to send any feedback trough that i can :)

Let it be clear, Penta_TheDeadZone, I really had a good time. The Sunday after was just too quiet.

1. Ofcourse, times would differ, that's ok. But changing the stages of the matches because the "not favorites teams" would otherwise be on the main stage is kind of unethical. those teams will never become favorites if they are not featured on the main stage.

3. I had the stream on source... sorry.

4. Luckily we agree!

7. I thought to see that at the first few battles, somewhere, briefly. I do like SWTOR. ;)

9. No, it was not on WoT main page. there was a link to a page that had a link that could possibly get you to some kind of schedule that in itself was only changed just before the "final battles" started.

10. indeed!

Thanks for clarifying! 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users