Looking for a clan that teaches how to command in future...

Clan Training

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

But_Can_You_Meme #1 Posted 24 April 2016 - 12:58 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 25803 battles

Hey everybody,

I'm looking for a new clan but a very particular one. Apologies for the long read but i want it made clear what i am looking for so that there are no misunderstandings in the future.

When i first started playing WoT's a few years ago i was playing every couple of days ''just for fun's''. Basically, at the time i had a potato laptop and WoT was one of the few games i could play but i didn't really want to. I hated the low tiers and judged the game on those tiers. Because of this i would just drive around like an idiot clicking my mouse and shouting at teammates when i died because ofc it was their fault. I seriously sucked until i'd played around 6000 battles.

Then i made mistake. I decided that in order to enjoy the game more i would join a clan. At the time, i was still unaware of how clans work and joined the first one that seemed to be ok to me. I ended up with a commander that preferred to troll than to fight and clan mates that i was better than - even though i sucked. At first it was ok. I started watching youtube video's to learn game mechanics and started improving as a player but i was consistently platooning with players with a WN8 between 100-500 which made learning and progressing a bit slower as i had to do it myself through video's and the forum. Backstabbing and political BS made the clan a toxic environment to be in after that and i became fed up along with a few of the other better clan members so we left.

I started a new clan so we could still remain together but once i did i realised that i had no idea how to progress the clan in a positive way. I decided to focus on becoming a better player first. This i believe i have started to do. I get bored easily so i play far too aggressively sometimes but i am trying to exclude this from my playstyle. My performance varies wildly depending on who i'm platooning with (usually players with around 1000wn8) but solo my recent WN8 is about 1500. I have days where i can be above 2000 but then i'll get frustrated and have game after game of epic fails quickly dragging it back down. Now know my weaknesses though, it's time for me to move up to the next level. That's why i have left my clan in the hands of a friend and wish to join a new one.

I want it known that i plan to return to my clan at some point in the future although when, i do not know. That depends on a few thing.

I need a clan that will teach me not only how to continue improving as a player, but i need a clan that can teach me how to command my own clan in future. I'm not asking to be put in certain positions or promoted but i want to at least learn about each position and what they should do etc. I need a clan that i can learn about stronghold and clan wars from. Basically i want to be trained about everything that would make me an effective commander and not just a better player. On top of all that, i want it to be a friendly clan. I like a bit of competition but some clans take it far too far if you know what i mean ;)

I would be available most nights 4/5pm-midnight and have TS3, although i would still like to platoon with one of my friends on my own TS server the few times a week he's able to log in. I have various tanks including the IS7, T57, E100, Cent Ax, T34, IS6, Cromwell, Type 64, Fcm 50t, AMX CDC, M41 90 GF, T49, AMX 50 100 and i am willing to do pretty much anything asked of me.

I don't want this post to be the size of a novel so i'll leave it there but if you have any questions please feel free to comment or PM me and thanks for reading this far :)

Taffman50 #2 Posted 24 April 2016 - 03:26 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 33672 battles
  • [BRIT6] BRIT6

P M sent.

Edited by Taffman50, 24 April 2016 - 03:30 PM.

jricketts1 #3 Posted 24 April 2016 - 05:42 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 35977 battles
  • [W__F] W__F

NakedPassenger #4 Posted 25 April 2016 - 03:04 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 32129 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
so you want to benefit from the new clan as much as possible about what is important and then leave when the clan could benefit from you?

But_Can_You_Meme #5 Posted 25 April 2016 - 03:20 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 25803 battles

View PostNakedPassenger, on 25 April 2016 - 02:04 PM, said:

so you want to benefit from the new clan as much as possible about what is important and then leave when the clan could benefit from you?

No not really. I see what you mean (and agree) but I did say that my length of time in the clan is currently unknown (leaving is not definite) and that i am willing to help in any way i can. Leaving as soon as i have what i want is not the correct way to help or repay the debt i would owe the clan. I would stay on as long as i was needed/wanted. I stated that i don't want promoting for the sake of it, but if i somehow managed to earn some responsibility then i wouldn't walk out on them. My leaving the clan, whether 1 or 2 years down the line would be discussed well before hand with the commander and anyone else involved. Also, i said my leaving would depend on a few things. For example. If the clan was really fun, enjoyable and i consistently improved, would i even want to leave? I hope this answers what you meant for you and anyone else that see's this :)

Ghost__001 #6 Posted 25 April 2016 - 03:58 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4789 battles

PM sent

Regards

Ghost B2C recruitment officer

But_Can_You_Meme #7 Posted 26 April 2016 - 10:03 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 25803 battles
Thanks to all those who replied/PM'd me but i've found one now :)

The_Gruesome_Twosome #8 Posted 27 April 2016 - 05:17 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3208 battles

The clan BOF band of fathers play strongholds, platoon and clan war. They are more than willing to let anyone who wants to lead in strongholds. If you want just pop onto their teamspeak ts.bofclan.com

good luck

Also tagged with Clan, Training

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users