Jump to content


T-54 first prototype

T-54 first prototype medium USSR

  • Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Jazz_frontman #1 Posted 27 April 2016 - 05:11 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 13081 battles
  • 1
  • [TRUT-] TRUT-
  • Member since:
    02-13-2016

T-54 fist prototype needs a serious buff.

Poor gun - only 183 mm penetration with standard ammo,  0,36 dispersion, 2,4 sec aiming time, very slow. 

I have a filing that I am driving awful T-44, not premium tank. 

Please buff penetration, give him special matchmaking or something!

Tank that has only 183 mm penetration doesn't have special matchmaking. This is horrible.

When i bought T-54 first prototype i thought it was excellent but I was wrong



BugPowderDust #2 Posted 28 April 2016 - 05:13 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Beta Tester
  • 18279 battles
  • 814
  • Member since:
    07-14-2010
Not sure where to go with this if you think the T-44 is awful...

SIRJ4MES #3 Posted 02 May 2016 - 08:08 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 20714 battles
  • 217
  • Member since:
    01-23-2012

View Post_SirCro_, on 27 April 2016 - 04:11 PM, said:

T-54 fist prototype needs a serious buff.

Poor gun - only 183 mm penetration with standard ammo,  0,36 dispersion, 2,4 sec aiming time, very slow. 

I have a filing that I am driving awful T-44, not premium tank. 

Please buff penetration, give him special matchmaking or something!

Tank that has only 183 mm penetration doesn't have special matchmaking. This is horrible.

When i bought T-54 first prototype i thought it was excellent but I was wrong

 

 

 

 

T-54 1 proto is a good tank. No buff needed.  Much better than T-44 in my opinion, and my favorite premium tank.

Proto trade mobility and get much more armour instead. Very good trade with todays map design.

You have to carry at least 10 premium shells for tier 9 and 10 battles.

Armour is so good if you angle and use it correct it will bounce many shots.

STA-2 , CDC and cant bully like T-54 mod 1.    They get penetrated easy from low tier tanks.


 

If you need special mm, buy IS-6. But then you get even worse gun handling /stats..


 


Edited by SIRJ4MES, 02 May 2016 - 08:09 AM.


73north #4 Posted 02 May 2016 - 01:26 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 39784 battles
  • 733
  • Member since:
    10-19-2012

 

If you angle the tank , and use your superior accuracy , going for weak-spots and the sides of vehicles then you can do a lot of damage

as the previous post , says , carry 10 APCR shells . You do trade a little mobility , but I also carry coated optics over vents

so I can spot enemies and avoid trouble - if you think the gun is poor penetration  , try firing the IS-6's gun !!

My favourite Tier 8 Premium Tank - and of great use in clan wars - This Tank was well worth the gold .



Muishond11 #5 Posted 04 May 2016 - 08:47 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 9513 battles
  • 137
  • [BBMM] BBMM
  • Member since:
    10-05-2015

View Post73north, on 02 May 2016 - 01:26 PM, said:

 

If you angle the tank , and use your superior accuracy , going for weak-spots and the sides of vehicles then you can do a lot of damage

as the previous post , says , carry 10 APCR shells . You do trade a little mobility , but I also carry coated optics over vents

so I can spot enemies and avoid trouble - if you think the gun is poor penetration  , try firing the IS-6's gun !!

My favourite Tier 8 Premium Tank - and of great use in clan wars - This Tank was well worth the gold .

 

It's a good tank but I find the gun pretty derpy and unreliable. I think "Superior Accuracy" is a stretch :rolleyes:

JocMeister #6 Posted 04 May 2016 - 05:08 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 26966 battles
  • 2,540
  • Member since:
    08-03-2015
The only problem with this tank is that its plagued by bad MM. I played around 60 games in it so far and probably 70-80% of them have been TX games. Obviously it suffers quite a bit there. But the few T9 or even T8 games you get into you can really dominate. 

73north #7 Posted 05 May 2016 - 12:47 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 39784 battles
  • 733
  • Member since:
    10-19-2012

View PostMuishond11, on 04 May 2016 - 07:47 AM, said:

 

It's a good tank but I find the gun pretty derpy and unreliable. I think "Superior Accuracy" is a stretch :rolleyes:

 

 

 

I presume that's because you are not using vertical stabilisers and letting the gun aim - for long enough ??

 

I have had no problems with accuracy with this gun , respectfully .



Paris_Hilton #8 Posted 05 May 2016 - 12:56 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 34825 battles
  • 4,450
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    10-10-2011
It's an okeish tank, tho you need to spam a bit gold otherwise you have it a bit hard against is3 and t9/t10 matches. When top tier it bounces a lot actually

Gremlin182 #9 Posted 05 May 2016 - 01:31 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 55450 battles
  • 9,171
  • Member since:
    04-18-2012

Probably my favourite premium medium tank at the moment and its already had a buff to pen recently.

 

Its one of those tanks where speed maneuverability armour and gun are all good enough to get the job done.

 

If I could change something it would be to give it another 6 rounds as 34 is a limitation some games esp if top tier and your expected to do some carrying.

Same problem as the type 59 in that respect.

But 183 pen and 235 with premium is good enough for a medium at tier 8.



Jimbodiah #10 Posted 05 May 2016 - 01:38 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 11096 battles
  • 2,209
  • Member since:
    04-28-2015
Wow OP, you know the T54 got a buff from 175 to 183 pen a patch or so ago right? It was iffy then, but I feel it's pretty good now. Yes, you need some gold round for tough tier 9/10 tanks, but it's not a tank where I am afraid to face a tier 9/10 in like some other premiums. Going head to head with a tier 9-10 heavy is never a good idea in a medium.

ruokanen #11 Posted 09 May 2016 - 01:30 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 62690 battles
  • 70
  • [_FAP] _FAP
  • Member since:
    11-30-2012
my opinion maybe armor little off  and get that thing MED speed!its patchetic to watch when tier 9 and 10 HEAVYS  drive past you.

General_McMuschi #12 Posted 09 May 2016 - 05:33 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 23950 battles
  • 834
  • Member since:
    06-19-2015

View Postruokanen, on 09 May 2016 - 01:30 AM, said:

my opinion maybe armor little off  and get that thing MED speed!its patchetic to watch when tier 9 and 10 HEAVYS  drive past you.

 

But then it would be just like T-44. No point in having two the same tanks. If you want speed, get the t-44.

Eila_Juutilainen #13 Posted 09 May 2016 - 07:33 AM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 21385 battles
  • 3,883
  • [102ND] 102ND
  • Member since:
    11-04-2012

View Postruokanen, on 09 May 2016 - 01:30 AM, said:

my opinion maybe armor little off  and get that thing MED speed!its patchetic to watch when tier 9 and 10 HEAVYS  drive past you.

 

Fairly certain that only French mediums will do 40km/h or more?

kadavci #14 Posted 17 May 2016 - 07:16 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 22221 battles
  • 52
  • Member since:
    02-01-2014

View Post_SirCro_, on 27 April 2016 - 04:11 PM, said:

T-54 fist prototype needs a serious buff.

Poor gun - only 183 mm penetration with standard ammo,  0,36 dispersion, 2,4 sec aiming time, very slow. 

I have a filing that I am driving awful T-44, not premium tank. 

Please buff penetration, give him special matchmaking or something!

Tank that has only 183 mm penetration doesn't have special matchmaking. This is horrible.

When i bought T-54 first prototype i thought it was excellent but I was wrong

 

It's armour totally useless in t9 and t10 mathces.And in t8 mathces heavies can penetrate your turret in a direct hit. With 183 mm penetration you can only be useful in t8 mathches.Even in the t9 matches 183 mm will not be enough against heavies. Tank has not enough mobility to get side of enemies. Not enough stability and aiming time to hit-run like pershing or 59patton. Please don't offer to use gold ammo in a premium vehicle as a solution, its ridicilious. This tank is "TOTALLY" useless and not worth even half of its money. Only prefential matchmaking and a little bit nerf can save this tank. If you compare the tank with the before-nerf type59, you will see they are almost same. BUT THIS GARBAGE GETS T10!

Edited by kadavci, 17 May 2016 - 07:18 PM.


250swb #15 Posted 17 May 2016 - 07:31 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 23230 battles
  • 5,569
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-23-2015
It's hardly worth bothering replying to this as the OP has retreated and hasn't bothered to defend his comments. Save to say the T-54 Proto is both an effective and delightful tank to play that only gets better the more you play it, hint hint.

The_Trinityx90 #16 Posted 30 May 2016 - 10:16 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 50 battles
  • 147
  • Member since:
    05-11-2016

It is a really nice tank a litle bit too slow but very reliable front.

below ~190 pen very bouncy.



pudelikael #17 Posted 15 June 2016 - 04:11 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 23866 battles
  • 738
  • Member since:
    05-15-2015

My game http://wotreplays.co...e/2757225#teams

 

1785 exp, 5831 damage, 5 kills, ACE tanker



Gremlin182 #18 Posted 15 June 2016 - 04:50 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 55450 battles
  • 9,171
  • Member since:
    04-18-2012

Help my tier 8medium tank gets penned by tier 8+ heavies I need a buff

 

You are a medium tank if an equal tier heavy tank cannot pen you then it's the heavy tank that needs the buff.

You are a slowish medium perfectly capable of taking on enemy light and medium tanks.

Your armour is great your gun just fine if you fail then it's you, not the tank.

 

If you insist on going head to head with heavies then you are playing it wrong.

If you are useless in tier 9 and 10 games again not the tanks fault.

 

Fight the enemy tams tanks that you are able to the rest are not your problem



Fluffy_The_Destroyer #19 Posted 07 August 2016 - 04:28 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 53 battles
  • 4,402
  • Member since:
    12-07-2014
To be fair.. Type59 has 181pen and preff.

Hyina #20 Posted 06 September 2016 - 07:20 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 54756 battles
  • 195
  • Member since:
    05-16-2013

View Postkadavci, on 17 May 2016 - 07:16 PM, said:

 

It's armour totally useless in t9 and t10 mathces.And in t8 mathces heavies can penetrate your turret in a direct hit. With 183 mm penetration you can only be useful in t8 mathches.Even in the t9 matches 183 mm will not be enough against heavies. Tank has not enough mobility to get side of enemies. Not enough stability and aiming time to hit-run like pershing or 59patton. Please don't offer to use gold ammo in a premium vehicle as a solution, its ridicilious. This tank is "TOTALLY" useless and not worth even half of its money. Only prefential matchmaking and a little bit nerf can save this tank. If you compare the tank with the before-nerf type59, you will see they are almost same. BUT THIS GARBAGE GETS T10!

 

With a hull similar to the infamous T54 who many calls "OP" it's not difficult to bounce shells even from T10. Call me lucky but I encountered a Tier 10 TVP the other day and he failed to kill me in 2 clips, penning only 2 shots.

 

If you're trading with t9-10 heavies in a t8 med you're playing it wrong, not the tank's problem.

 

The firing on the move is a huge pro for this tank, much better than alternatives like the CDC. 

 

The only cons I can think of for this tank is it's lack of rounds it carries but other than that I'd give it a 8/10 easily, buff it more and people will come back crying it's OP. 

 


Edited by Hyina, 06 September 2016 - 07:20 PM.






Also tagged with T-54 first prototype, medium, USSR

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users