Campaign Fame points Technical victory

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

SanyaJuutilainen #1 Posted 27 April 2016 - 09:26 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20800 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

So, could the rule about 0 FP for a technical victory be considered to be removed in future?

Points against:

- can't think of any right now

Points for:

- with penalties it can't really help in sister clans rigging

- you don't get into a situation, where you fight some reasonable clan around your own ELO, your enemy doesn't come, so you get 0 FP and 0 XP and in the second round you face the best clan in the landing, because they skipped the first round because of the matching mechanism, and get 0 FP again.

Ideally the reward should be less than the lowest win, but still more than a draw, loss or 0. Before the penalty system, 0 FP gave certain sense, now it doesn't anymore - in my opinion.

Maauru #2 Posted 28 April 2016 - 07:32 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18550 battles
  • [C_V] C_V

Loss is around 2-3 points. draw 7-9 and victory 13-20+ depending on opponent elo rating.

I think 10 FP for technical victory where opponent didn't show would be fair compensation.

At the end, it is not clan/team fault that opponent didn't show and they shouldn't be "penalised" with 0 FP.

For going to next round because you had no opponent defined IMHO it should stay at 0 FP.

bearcats #3 Posted 28 April 2016 - 02:09 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 29856 battles

View PostMaauru, on 28 April 2016 - 07:32 AM, said:

For going to next round because you had no opponent defined IMHO it should stay at 0 FP.

Aha. So the enemy not showing up justifies free FPs, but an unequal number of applications to a landing tournament or a draw in the earlier stages does not. Seems legit.

How can I influence another clan to apply for a landing? How can I influence those other 2 teams in a 16th-final to please not draw?

I mean, is it my fault that they drawed and I get no opponent next round? Why should I be penalized for that. I mean, I had a team ready and waiting and I would've taken the fight, if those other ones didn't draw over there. 

Griva #4 Posted 28 April 2016 - 03:31 PM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Commander
  • 32286 battles

Every battles without enemy should be awarded. Where is problem?

For example if FAME (eg. elo 1600) fight landing its easy for them to gain some free points, bzz they will be always top (no enemy, best elo) for odd table.

Number of points can't be too large (imbalanced).  For me clan who didn't show can lose points for the enemy.

Anyway this is very true - Your team is ready to fight, you can wait 10-15 mins and.. trololo :bajan:... 0 fame points.

In my opinion if you have technical win you sould get points as draw with this clan (including enemy elo)

For "no enemy" case the same situation but we need enemy elo, so we can use elo of  your clan elo or nearest enemy elo.

Last case "no division in the province" - everything the same - draw, enemy elo, but x5

EDIT:  logical error - if you dont' have enemy, your team can't get points because its impossible to form team (who fight?) so ...

Edited by Griva, 28 April 2016 - 04:26 PM.

bearcats #5 Posted 28 April 2016 - 05:05 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 29856 battles

...so it should stay as it is. You won't get FPs without a fight. Period.

Technicals are annoying, don't get me wrong on that, it is annoying as hell. As annoying as draws in tournaments and skipping first rounds. You don't get an opponent, you wait, it's boring, no FP.

But there is no way to make a fair calculation, other then to give a fixed amount, as you can't control designated opponents to sign up, or any opponent to show up at all.

So you have to treat technicals the same as no-shows, because it ins't in your control.

Then you have to think about fixing the amount again. If the enemy readied up, or someone showed up, you could've lost it. So give smth like that, 2-3 FPs. Why not more? Because that would put high ELO Clans at an unfair advantage, because they are more likely to get a free ticket and free points in the first round, without the risk of running in a stronk camp and fail moronicly.

Bottomline: Technicals are annoying, but don't let the experience of a technical fool you into the hypocrisy of treating "no opponent defined" any different. It's not. The fact that it does not award any FPs is frustrating, but actually not so "unwell-thought-through".

RaeudigerRonny #6 Posted 28 April 2016 - 05:15 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 26100 battles

Tbh you guys are exaggerating a lot here. The penalties for no-shows are already very high. So No-Shows are really uncommon at the moment. Just because it happened to you twice a day doesnt make it a problem suddenly. 

I dont have any Server Statistics, but our clan played a bit over 200 battles so far this campaign and we had 5 technical victories and 1 technical defeat. Ofc it is annoying, but any system you are trying to implement here can be abused by clans that are communicating with each other. Ofc it is annoying to not have that "one" battle now, but dont forget what counts is to win a whole landing tournament and not just one round in between. So that 1 technical victory actually brought you closer to the main goal of winning the tournament.

I dont feel WG needs to change anything here.

Griva #7 Posted 28 April 2016 - 09:03 PM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Commander
  • 32286 battles

True, this is rare.

Anway, think about it - for you winning tournament is priority, its depends on the clan, but for weak clans every battle you play is very very important.

At the end of event always "someone is the last one" and need some points to win award. Thats why this is important for other players/clans.

If you know you are good enough to win agaist all clans in your table, then better win everything.

And unless im wrong if you get technical or empty slot than you have less exp (i mean total exp couted to tournament)

In result in next round if best clan didn't have an enemy then you fight with the best clan in your torunament, bzz you and they have least exp.

This is worst thing for weaker clans...

PS. I just got technical win 1 min. ago while i write this :sceptic:

Zurugula #8 Posted 28 April 2016 - 09:22 PM

Lance-corporal

• Clan Diplomat
  • 34898 battles
  • [PAZIU] PAZIU

Well, this campaign is like the worst in terms final draws/technical victories.

We had a few clans that had a draw on final battle on our landings, so we got no points fighting those battles on map. Tonight we got 3 technical victories on our landings, so we scored no points. Come on, that's stupid, that we can't gain FPs cuz people give up standing against us and prefer starting new ladders instead.

I guess there should be a fixed amount of FP received after you get a technical victory. 15 on ladders, like 75 on GM maybe? This issue has to be fixed in the next campaign.

Edited by Zurugula, 28 April 2016 - 09:23 PM.

Griva #9 Posted 28 April 2016 - 11:25 PM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Commander
  • 32286 battles

What an irony, that commander from GUP started this thread and commander from ODIUM came with screenshots where GUP not appeared on the battle xD

:D

Zurugula #10 Posted 29 April 2016 - 02:56 AM

Lance-corporal

• Clan Diplomat
  • 34898 battles
  • [PAZIU] PAZIU
Ironic or not, we're not getting a chance to get deserved points :P 

SanyaJuutilainen #11 Posted 02 May 2016 - 01:16 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20800 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View PostDomstadtkerl, on 28 April 2016 - 05:15 PM, said:

Tbh you guys are exaggerating a lot here. The penalties for no-shows are already very high. So No-Shows are really uncommon at the moment. Just because it happened to you twice a day doesnt make it a problem suddenly. 

It's rare, but still unfair.

Let's say you have two people on the reward ladder - one had 20 wins, 20 draws and 20 losses. The other one had 21 wins, 1 of them technical, 20 draws and 19 losses. Who will be placed higher on the ladder considering their XP performance is about the same? The first guy, of course.

The situation where a win is less than playing and losing and you can't change the outcome (it depends on the enemy only) is just essentially unfair, that is all.

Edited by SanyaJuutilainen, 02 May 2016 - 01:17 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users