Brexxit

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

BigFellas_Dad #1 Posted 05 May 2016 - 10:06 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 41529 battles

What are your thoughts guys?  Im especially interested in people living in Europe and outside of the UK.

Personally, im going to vote 'leave', however in the UK, a lot of the fact about the situation are hidden from us by our media and government.  The reason I want to leave is purely for democratic and self protection reasons.

Radu_Korne #2 Posted 05 May 2016 - 10:35 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27940 battles
  • [WEBAN] WEBAN
I've been living in the UK for about 2 years now, I would vote leave. Even if there was a vote in my home country, I would vote leave. Sorry, cannot stand the idea of United States of Europe... 

cobalt_killer #3 Posted 05 May 2016 - 10:38 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 5856 battles

75% leave 25% stay...

I read the propaganda leaflet that Mr Cameron sent out, but have a hard time believing it. Infact I am more concerned with not having full border control and having to answer to Brussels about things. I read somewhere about an EU controlled joint army? So we would be handing over control of our armed forces?? Also need to look after our NHS...

I don't think the "trade" issues that the "Stay" camp claim are as bad as they say. We will still make deals with EU countries and we will still trade elsewhere. Before we joined the EU way back when we had good global trade, after joining the EU coastal cities such as Liverpool went downhill as they were no longer the main focus for trade (as we turned focus towards the EU).

Anyway, it would be nice to hear / read some information from a neutral source as opposed to reading dramatic propaganda from either side

Radu_Korne #4 Posted 05 May 2016 - 10:44 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27940 battles
  • [WEBAN] WEBAN
It's really dumb that Brussels can impose sanctions against states that don't want refugees. What the hell, it doesn't look like a union, looks like Germany's decision is final in this EU. I don't want to pay for the mistakes of corrupted politicians in Greece or Portugal. I don't want free circulation, it's no problem for me to show an ID at the borders. Please, EU, fk off. Also, I don't want to work for unemployed stupid ppl from my home country that live on benefits in UK... I came here with a contract, I never applied for benefits, I pay tax as any other Brit, why do I have to pay for them? Solve your benefits problems, Cameron.

BigFellas_Dad #5 Posted 05 May 2016 - 11:42 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 41529 battles

View PostRadu_Korne, on 05 May 2016 - 09:44 AM, said:

I don't want to work for unemployed stupid ppl from my home country that live on benefits in UK... I came here with a contract, I never applied for benefits, I pay tax as any other Brit, why do I have to pay for them? Solve your benefits problems, Cameron.

This point is also a very worrying one,  the UK are increasing the minimum wage soon, this minimum wage is a lot better than many EU countries normal wages, so id imagine a lot more people would be coming over for the increase, add in turkey with another 75M, this gets a lot worse.

Greece is about to default on its bailout repayments again further destabilising the euro, and just watch how they are treated by EU (although the levels of government level corruption in Europe is unbelievable for a so called leading global zone).

The Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP) is a proposed trade agreement between the European Union and the United States, with the aim of promoting trade and multilateral economic growth.  This is another big threat to the EU and from what I can see, the only people to benefit will be the large corporates.  One more reason to leave, its about time the rich stopped getting richer and a more equal spread of wealth and opportunities where allowed, I cant see that happening under EU.

Im actually concerned that I cant think of a single reason to stay for the UK at the moment, apart from helping the stability of the rest of the EU ( the UK is the worlds 4th largest economy remember) hence this thread.

America wanting NATO partners to add more or get out could possibly compound EUs wish for a European army, and at present with the build up of forces along the Russian border (Russia is adding a further 3 batallions to its already large forces), its use may be sooner rather than later, and lets face it, if EU hadn't put so much pressure on the Ukraine to join the EU this situation wouldn't have even took place...this is all very worrying.

I could go on and on

So can anybody give a reason to stay please, surely im missing something?

Edited by BigFellas_Dad, 05 May 2016 - 11:50 AM.

Gremlin182 #6 Posted 05 May 2016 - 12:29 PM

General

• Player
  • 47985 battles

In the UK I am Governed by a bunch of entitled noobs, I don't like them and I have nothing in common with them or their ideals.

They in turn are ordered about by a bunch of bureaucrats in Brussels, I may have little in common with them either.

But currently I like their ideals more.

I like the idea of a United States of Europe, we can be Texas and stick our finger up at the fedral government every time they do something we dont like.

I find value in being part of a large trading block I find none in waving the old flag and harking back to the good old days of empire.

We are a tiny nation and once Scotland leaves which could still happen an even tinier one of zero interest to anyone as a trading partner.

Yes we can trade with anyone in the world much as we can now but not on as favourable terms as now.

All so some self entitled noobs can say This is ENGLAND and wave a flag, no thanks

DingIsHere #7 Posted 05 May 2016 - 12:36 PM

Colonel

• Clan Commander
  • 15970 battles
  • [4Q2] 4Q2

View PostRadu_Korne, on 05 May 2016 - 09:44 AM, said:

It's really dumb that Brussels can impose sanctions against states that don't want refugees. What the hell, it doesn't look like a union, looks like Germany's decision is final in this EU. I don't want to pay for the mistakes of corrupted politicians in Greece or Portugal. I don't want free circulation, it's no problem for me to show an ID at the borders. Please, EU, fk off. Also, I don't want to work for unemployed stupid ppl from my home country that live on benefits in UK... I came here with a contract, I never applied for benefits, I pay tax as any other Brit, why do I have to pay for them? Solve your benefits problems, Cameron.

Some German politician or businessman (can't remember who) said something like "Last time we took control of Greece we got a slap, this time we got a receipt"....

View PostGremlin182, on 05 May 2016 - 11:29 AM, said:

In the UK I am Governed by a bunch of entitled noobs, I don't like them and I have nothing in common with them or their ideals.

They in turn are ordered about by a bunch of bureaucrats in Brussels, I may have little in common with them either.

But currently I like their ideals more.

1. I like the idea of a United States of Europe, we can be Texas and stick our finger up at the fedral government every time they do something we dont like.I find value in being part of a large trading block I find none in waving the old flag and harking back to the good old days of empire.
  2. We are a tiny nation and once Scotland leaves which could still happen an even tinier one of zero interest to anyone as a trading partner.
  3. Yes we can trade with anyone in the world much as we can now but not on as favourable terms as now.

All so some self entitled noobs can say This is ENGLAND and wave a flag, no thanks

1. We can't stick the finger up, as they have proved time and again, they are controlling us more and more, despite our protests.
  2. Scotland is irrelevant (no offence to scots)
  3. No, as the 4th (or so) largest economy in the world, no one will ignore us.  Cross-border trade issues are irrelevant, business is business  and they won't let that get in the way of a profit. 

The Murricans only want us in EU because it suits their business and political aims, they don't care one jot about how we stand in or out.

Celandri #8 Posted 06 May 2016 - 11:55 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19696 battles

View PostBigFellas_Dad, on 05 May 2016 - 11:42 AM, said:

This point is also a very worrying one,  the UK are increasing the minimum wage soon, this minimum wage is a lot better than many EU countries normal wages, so id imagine a lot more people would be coming over for the increase, add in turkey with another 75M, this gets a lot worse.

Greece is about to default on its bailout repayments again further destabilising the euro, and just watch how they are treated by EU (although the levels of government level corruption in Europe is unbelievable for a so called leading global zone).

The Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP) is a proposed trade agreement between the European Union and the United States, with the aim of promoting trade and multilateral economic growth.  This is another big threat to the EU and from what I can see, the only people to benefit will be the large corporates.  One more reason to leave, its about time the rich stopped getting richer and a more equal spread of wealth and opportunities where allowed, I cant see that happening under EU.

Im actually concerned that I cant think of a single reason to stay for the UK at the moment, apart from helping the stability of the rest of the EU ( the UK is the worlds 4th largest economy remember) hence this thread.

America wanting NATO partners to add more or get out could possibly compound EUs wish for a European army, and at present with the build up of forces along the Russian border (Russia is adding a further 3 batallions to its already large forces), its use may be sooner rather than later, and lets face it, if EU hadn't put so much pressure on the Ukraine to join the EU this situation wouldn't have even took place...this is all very worrying.

I could go on and on

So can anybody give a reason to stay please, surely im missing something?

Well as im living in Norway we are allready outside EU, but if UK is smart i would leave EU before its sinking-

there is a few trade agreements that EU trying to get TTIP as you saw is one of the most known ones,

There is TISA agreement that is hidden of TTIP shadow that is actualy more critical because of share of goverment enforced jobs get forced to a third party company

TTIP have a deal inside where a third company can call up any goverment for dealbreaking (even if the goverment have said they dont want the deal gone thru)

and other issues,

TTIP gives money to the rich people and companies, and goverments give their rights to controll to those rich people. 

Block Quote

"The Murricans only want us in EU because it suits their business and political aims, they don't care one jot about how we stand in or out."

Americans dont want UK to leave as they will loose so much money because they got hidden eu deals where they pay less taxes and they can force UK to use american HR (human resurces) style instead of the old

UK union systems that uk had before thacher and eu came in and trying to crush

Edited by Celandri, 06 May 2016 - 12:00 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users