Jump to content


Video: Test of Vehicle Balance 2.0


  • Please log in to reply
143 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 11 May 2016 - 03:14 PM

    Sergeant

  • Content Team
  • 0 battles
  • 24,495
  • Member since:
    11-09-2011
A new sandbox server will soon be opened to test new balancing system. Watch now to learn more!

Full news text

J0N4S2 #2 Posted 11 May 2016 - 03:19 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 20497 battles
  • 250
  • Member since:
    06-11-2013
you will fack it up.

Edited by J0N4S2, 11 May 2016 - 03:19 PM.


kuzia6104 #3 Posted 11 May 2016 - 03:22 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 14183 battles
  • 107
  • Member since:
    10-13-2012
at least you could tell will it go more to arcade or more to real-life line... 

 

Ratoborni_tenk #4 Posted 11 May 2016 - 03:30 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 35846 battles
  • 38
  • Member since:
    04-04-2013
I will help where i can! ;)

Attached Thumbnails



Jimbodiah #5 Posted 11 May 2016 - 03:38 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 9433 battles
  • 2,170
  • [HOFF] HOFF
  • Member since:
    04-28-2015

Why don't they have an english speaking Dev explain this?

 

And uh, no info in this video that can not be said in a single sentence... "Changes are coming Soon™, maybe".



Friderik #6 Posted 11 May 2016 - 03:40 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 25747 battles
  • 79
  • [S4LT] S4LT
  • Member since:
    09-02-2011

Thumbs up for that. :great:

 

The problem that consist is, that even if the most active players participate in the test and rebalance the tanks, there is still 50% tomatoes out there, who can't drive the vehicles properly. There should be an interactive tutorial, or playing against bots, for the new players to learn what ammo to use when, how to angle and manouver a tank.



Hokum15 #7 Posted 11 May 2016 - 03:47 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 32329 battles
  • 1,940
  • [HO_PO] HO_PO
  • Member since:
    06-06-2012

1. Will there be a Global crew skill reset for free? As crew will be setup to work on a particular tank in a particular way? Yet if you change it, the crew will no longer be optimised.

 

2. Will there be a global refund of gold purchased Camo? If you spent real money on a tank to put camo on it, if that tank is changed in a global reset you should be able to refund it so we can change the camo if the tank no longer plays the way we want?

 

3. Will this effect Premium tanks? If yes then will they be refunded?


Edited by Hokum15, 11 May 2016 - 03:47 PM.


Paris_Hilton #8 Posted 11 May 2016 - 03:59 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 31820 battles
  • 4,164
  • [GO-IN] GO-IN
  • Member since:
    10-10-2011

View PostHokum15, on 11 May 2016 - 03:47 PM, said:

1. Will there be a Global crew skill reset for free? As crew will be setup to work on a particular tank in a particular way? Yet if you change it, the crew will no longer be optimised.

 

2. Will there be a global refund of gold purchased Camo? If you spent real money on a tank to put camo on it, if that tank is changed in a global reset you should be able to refund it so we can change the camo if the tank no longer plays the way we want?

 

3. Will this effect Premium tanks? If yes then will they be refunded?

 

1. lol 

2. lol

3. lol

Thx for reading eula.. Also i put camo but don't want to play the tank anymore ? refund lololo?? it's like buy a burger, eating half of burger and storing other half in a the fridge and 3 days later asking McD to refund because the taste changed... lel



Mr_Burrows #9 Posted 11 May 2016 - 04:00 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 43193 battles
  • 1,640
  • Member since:
    02-17-2012

View PostHokum15, on 11 May 2016 - 03:47 PM, said:

1. Will there be a Global crew skill reset for free? As crew will be setup to work on a particular tank in a particular way? Yet if you change it, the crew will no longer be optimised.

 

2. Will there be a global refund of gold purchased Camo? If you spent real money on a tank to put camo on it, if that tank is changed in a global reset you should be able to refund it so we can change the camo if the tank no longer plays the way we want?

 

3. Will this effect Premium tanks? If yes then will they be refunded?

 

 

These questions are of absolute interest, and should be addressed immediately by WG. In writing. On here.



Gremlin182 #10 Posted 11 May 2016 - 04:06 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 45405 battles
  • 7,514
  • Member since:
    04-18-2012
Sounds great count me in, when can we start

Jinxers #11 Posted 11 May 2016 - 04:08 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 9737 battles
  • 15
  • [CPCA] CPCA
  • Member since:
    06-09-2012

View PostFriderik, on 11 May 2016 - 02:40 PM, said:

Thumbs up for that. :great:

 

The problem that consist is, that even if the most active players participate in the test and rebalance the tanks, there is still 50% tomatoes out there, who can't drive the vehicles properly. There should be an interactive tutorial, or playing against bots, for the new players to learn what ammo to use when, how to angle and manouver a tank.

 

..... Seriously this has been in the game for ages

 



Hokum15 #12 Posted 11 May 2016 - 04:09 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 32329 battles
  • 1,940
  • [HO_PO] HO_PO
  • Member since:
    06-06-2012

View PostParis_Hilton, on 11 May 2016 - 02:59 PM, said:

 

1. lol 

2. lol

3. lol

Thx for reading eula.. Also i put camo but don't want to play the tank anymore ? refund lololo?? it's like buy a burger, eating half of burger and storing other half in a the fridge and 3 days later asking McD to refund because the taste changed... lel

 

No more like you bought a Beef burger, just as I'm about to take a bite they you tell me it's now 100% Dog. 

 

 



NikLemos #13 Posted 11 May 2016 - 04:10 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • WGL PRO Player
  • 52672 battles
  • 696
  • Member since:
    07-17-2011
Wow! World of Tanks 2.0 !!  Yes!!  Thank you!  I think it will be great stuff!

Ville67 #14 Posted 11 May 2016 - 04:15 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 20818 battles
  • 167
  • Member since:
    08-05-2013

"We hope all of you test it out....."

HOW???

You just said that only the best and most active players get to participate in it. I guess you already f*cked up



manpleb #15 Posted 11 May 2016 - 04:18 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 7274 battles
  • 132
  • Member since:
    02-06-2012

"...we will invite the best and most active players to participate in the test...."

 

Why? The best and active players probably don't have a problem with the direction that the game has been making over the past couple of years (power creep, Jap heavies, Czech meds, corridor maps, ridge racer mechanics, prem ammo abundance, not to mention being sent back to the garage after being one-shotted by some Brit SPG with their magical ability to loop shells over buildings).

It's the inactive or infrequent players that WG need to get back playing.



Polski11 #16 Posted 11 May 2016 - 04:53 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 35249 battles
  • 1,248
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    02-01-2012

View Postmanpleb, on 11 May 2016 - 04:18 PM, said:

"...we will invite the best and most active players to participate in the test...."

 

Why? The best and active players probably don't have a problem with the direction that the game has been making over the past couple of years (power creep, Jap heavies, Czech meds, corridor maps, ridge racer mechanics, prem ammo abundance, not to mention being sent back to the garage after being one-shotted by some Brit SPG with their magical ability to loop shells over buildings).

It's the inactive or infrequent players that WG need to get back playing.

 

they want to keep these active players, because FAK all inactive players and traitors.... - WG Logic 2016 :trollface:

RudiGRU #17 Posted 11 May 2016 - 04:54 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 25701 battles
  • 16
  • [BIAH] BIAH
  • Member since:
    07-29-2012

Nice, but in this video they said "we will invite the best and most active players". What does it mean exactly, for example, anything with more than 1800 wn8 will be able to enter? Or anyone with more than 25-30k battles will be able to enter? 

I think you should leave tomatoes enter to this test too, they are your biggest population in the game, by this way you will se how a tomatoe perform too, so I think the entrance to this test should be free.

 

Anyway, I think you're making it in the right way, not saying just soontm and not givin the players the information they need. Great job in the concealment display in the 9.15, the players really needed it.


Edited by RudiGRU, 11 May 2016 - 04:55 PM.


Cobra6 #18 Posted 11 May 2016 - 04:56 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 16295 battles
  • 15,018
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    09-17-2010

View PostCommunity, on 11 May 2016 - 02:14 PM, said:

A new sandbox server will soon be opened to test new balancing system. Watch now to learn more!
<a href="http://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/pc-browser/videos/video-sandbox-server-teaser/">Full news text</a>

 

So basically Supertesters in a sense, since I was one before you shut the program down for EU, will I be automatically enrolled in this "tester" group?

 

Cobra 6


Edited by Cobra6, 11 May 2016 - 04:56 PM.


Murphy1up #19 Posted 11 May 2016 - 04:58 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Military Reserve
  • 11069 battles
  • 7,282
  • [-QQ-] -QQ-
  • Member since:
    05-10-2012

View PostSixDasherr, on 11 May 2016 - 02:38 PM, said:

Why don't they have an english speaking Dev explain this?

 

And uh, no info in this video that can not be said in a single sentence... "Changes are coming Soon™, maybe".

 

All our developers speak Russian as a primary language. Our Developer studio for World of Tanks is in Minsk where the office language is Russian, not English. There is no English speaking developer simply because we don't have one. RU speaking players make up something like 70% + of the playerbase.  Anton does speak English but it's not fluent.

 

There is no "maybe"  changes are coming.

 

View PostHokum15, on 11 May 2016 - 02:47 PM, said:

1. Will there be a Global crew skill reset for free? As crew will be setup to work on a particular tank in a particular way? Yet if you change it, the crew will no longer be optimised.

 

2. Will there be a global refund of gold purchased Camo? If you spent real money on a tank to put camo on it, if that tank is changed in a global reset you should be able to refund it so we can change the camo if the tank no longer plays the way we want?

 

3. Will this effect Premium tanks? If yes then will they be refunded?

 

1. Way too early to answer that when changes haven't been finalized yet.

2. As above. The sandbox is for testing. Nothing is the sandbox is guaranteed to transfer to live servers.

3. Again, as with the answer for question 1. it's way too early to start talking about what "might" happen in the future to specific vehicles when no changes have been announced.

 

I need to make it clear that the Sandbox testing doesn't equal automatic changes on live servers. This is something new to help us gather player feedback on changes we may be thinking about doing. Nothing from this test will be 100% guaranteed coming to the live servers. We are however very keen on hearing player feedback on what they will get to experience.

 

The requirements for players able to participate in this testing phase will come soon. As a guideline we're looking for experienced players who have a good understanding of the game, the specifics I can't say for now but it's likely there may be a battle limit and other criteria.  Something like WN8 counts for zilch as that's a player created measuring tool. 



LordofDiscord #20 Posted 11 May 2016 - 04:59 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 99579 battles
  • 322
  • Member since:
    05-30-2011
Hmmm...well I'm a long long way from been in the "best" category..But I'm pretty active..Am I eligible for an invite? IF I am WHY should I when the premium time is already on my account and been spent while I do research for You? Are you offering players gold/premium time/rare tanks for their time actually doing Your developers jobs for You?




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users