What can I do about a teammate that pushed me in front of the enemy?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Uygar_83 #1 Posted 14 May 2016 - 02:31 AM

Private

• Player
  • 2797 battles
  • [REBT] REBT

I had 6 frags, maybe I could have taken the last enemy and received a master's badge but one of my teammates pushed me in the shooting line of the enemy and got me killed. I want him to pay for this. Unfortunately I did not record the battle. Is there any way he gets the punishment he deserves?

EDIT: OK, I have removed his nick.

Edited by Uygar_83, 17 May 2016 - 11:12 AM.

Red_Ensign #2 Posted 14 May 2016 - 02:37 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 400 battles

voodoo doll?

Edited by Red_Ensign, 14 May 2016 - 02:40 AM.

Gremlin182 #3 Posted 14 May 2016 - 03:00 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 46068 battles

First you will get yelled at for naming and shaming the player so I would edit the post to get rid of that.

Unless you or someone else reported him probably nothing will happen as he did not damage you.

In future right click their name during the battle or in the after battle screen and report away.

Even if you did report him all that probably happens if its noted by the game and when he has a certain number of in fractions he gets some form of punishment.

Edited by Gremlin182, 14 May 2016 - 03:00 AM.

Uygar_83 #4 Posted 14 May 2016 - 07:52 AM

Private

• Player
  • 2797 battles
  • [REBT] REBT

Well I reported him alright but does that actually achieve anything? I didn't have time to request other players to also report him because the game ended shortly after. It's only a game and I don't care much about getting nailed. It just annoys me that some idiot can ruin the game for you and get away with it, it's a real turn-off. There has to be consequences for this sort of behavior.

He stated that he didn't care much about getting reported. He can appeal to me himself if he wants his nick taken out. A simple "sorry" is enough.

UrQuan #5 Posted 14 May 2016 - 09:21 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 19173 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

A single report won't do a thing (unless it's a large violation, supported by a replay of this, sent to support)

However, if he does behave like you described, he'll collect more reports on the way, eventually leading to a ban. Keep this in mind when you see yet another *I've been banned for nothing/ a single shot on friendly* thread. Most bans aren't instant (save the multiple team damage ones) & are handed out after enough reports are collected & hence don't seem to be connected to anything.

I would advise you to remove his name in your thread tho, else you risk a warning point / temp forum ban for breaking the 'naming & shaming' rule.

Gremlin182 #6 Posted 14 May 2016 - 11:38 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 46068 battles

We don't really know what happens with reports because quite rightly wargaming don't want us to know the details.

My feeling is that the system is set up with a lot of lattitude so people who either get reported by other players or get tagged by the suto system don't incurr any penalty unless it happens frequently.

Only exception seems to be shooting someone inside either cap circle, that seems to turn you blue and if you kill them can get you banned for I think an hour.

Because they do not want to involve a lot of personel either monitoring or checking every TK and report its an automatic system.

Last night Im hiding behind a wreck aiming at the enemy as I fire friendly turret fills my screen, actually I knew he was sniping too and thought he was reloading. so me being careless.

Game notes the shot fines me and credits him I apologise he says np and we move on.

Same situation I am bored waiting for the enemy to pop out see the friendly turret and say who cares and plant an aimed shot into him, type sorry and move on.

Game cannot tell those actions apart.

Game lags as I move forward and I push someone, or I deliberately push someone.  game just doesnt know.

Should I shoot someone or get reported 3 5 10 20 times over an indeterminate period then something will happen but its not as if we will ever know.

Uygar_83 #7 Posted 17 May 2016 - 11:22 AM

Private

• Player
  • 2797 battles
  • [REBT] REBT
I have been shot countless times by teammates. Mistakes happen and that doesn't bother me a bit but being deliberately pushed in front of a TD? Must be related to childhood issues. They crave attention and the only way they can manage to get it is acting like a total douche-bag.

Rudels_Tutor #8 Posted 17 May 2016 - 01:35 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 46105 battles
  • [SEIL] SEIL
I was pushed to the open and the enemy did see and he shot the guy who pushed me and let me go. :medal:

lassekille #9 Posted 24 May 2016 - 01:05 AM

Private

• Player
  • 12672 battles
  • [-FRI-] -FRI-
I reported a Hummel that shot 12 shots all at our own team (he never even aimed for an enemy). Killed 3 of us. Included a replay and screenshot from the garage in a complaint. Got a standard reply that not really said anything. So dont get your hopes up too much on reporting actually doing anything.

SuedKAT #10 Posted 24 May 2016 - 01:36 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postlassekille, on 24 May 2016 - 01:05 AM, said:

I reported a Hummel that shot 12 shots all at our own team (he never even aimed for an enemy). Killed 3 of us. Included a replay and screenshot from the garage in a complaint. Got a standard reply that not really said anything. So dont get your hopes up too much on reporting actually doing anything.

You don't get any replies when you report someone, you get replies when you send in tickets about people misbehaving in a match and the replies most often tell you to not send in tickets but to use the ingame reporting system instead.

lassekille #11 Posted 24 May 2016 - 02:44 AM

Private

• Player
  • 12672 battles
  • [-FRI-] -FRI-

View PostSuedKAT, on 24 May 2016 - 12:36 AM, said:

You don't get any replies when you report someone, you get replies when you send in tickets about people misbehaving in a match and the replies most often tell you to not send in tickets but to use the ingame reporting system instead.

I sent a ticket (as well as reporting him in the game, but he was already blue). The reply was a standard text saying that players like that are no fun etc. etc. But no mention of any punishment (or saying I shouldn't have sent a ticket).

SuedKAT #12 Posted 24 May 2016 - 02:53 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postlassekille, on 24 May 2016 - 02:44 AM, said:

I sent a ticket (as well as reporting him in the game, but he was already blue). The reply was a standard text saying that players like that are no fun etc. etc. But no mention of any punishment (or saying I shouldn't have sent a ticket).

I see, they generally send out a coy paste response along the lines that they understand that players like that are no fun, but it's nothing they can do about it and that you should use the in-game reporting system instead and then explaining a little how you use that. However now a days I'm not so sure if reporting anyone in-game actually do anything at all, since all the "I got banned and I'm innocent" threads have disappeared apart from the ones that are the victim of some friendly fire and then go nuts and kill someone who ain't blue to retaliate and then wonder why the got banned themselves. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users