Black Prince - a Buff or a few of them?

Buff black prince

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

Poll: Suggested Buffs (133 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Does the BP need a Buff or two+?

1. Better Penetrating gun (top gun) (61 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

2. Better Alpha damage (top gun) (61 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

3. Better turret armour (30 votes [9.84%])

Percentage of vote: 9.84%

4. Better gun depression (16 votes [5.25%])

Percentage of vote: 5.25%

5. Less gaps in front armour/improved front armour (45 votes [14.75%])

Percentage of vote: 14.75%

6. Better side armour (17 votes [5.57%])

Percentage of vote: 5.57%

7. More speed (wouldn't fit the breed though) (38 votes [12.46%])

Percentage of vote: 12.46%

8. More mobility (although this is already quite mobile) (8 votes [2.62%])

Percentage of vote: 2.62%

9. All of the above (22 votes [7.21%])

Percentage of vote: 7.21%

10. Doesn't need a buff (7 votes [2.30%])

Percentage of vote: 2.30%

Vote Hide poll

Elsingor #81 Posted 17 December 2017 - 08:48 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 13145 battles

View PostLaatikkomafia, on 16 May 2016 - 02:33 AM, said:

Let's see..

Your DPM is better than O-Ni, and the AMX (w/ the 90mm).
Your accuracy is as good as Tiger I's.
Your aiming time is as good as T29's.
Your gun depression is actually quite high (8 degrees)
Your hull armor is only beaten by the T29's UFP.
Your turret armor is only beaten by the T29.
Your view range is only 10m less than T29, O-Ni and Tiger I, 10m higher than IS and AMX.

Black Prince isn't bad, it just tend to be average in everything.
The only real downside is the poor mobility. But hey, you must have gotten used to it after the Churchill VII :P.

Offtopic: Since when the Tiger I's turret has been good? You can penetrate it with a T6 MT..

So at all it is better than the worst charateristics of the other tanks.

But after all, no reliable armor, it doesn't move(I think is slower than the maus), all t8 will penetrate you everywere(90% of the matches), gun good only against t6-7 and not that much precise, not that much faster.

What to say, the worst tank I ever played.

B3RG #82 Posted 17 December 2017 - 10:02 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 15967 battles
  • [DUF] DUF

i.m.o

​when it's top or mono tier it's great

​but when it's bottom tier it s#cks big-time

Elsingor #83 Posted 22 December 2017 - 05:04 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 13145 battles

View PostB3RG, on 17 December 2017 - 09:02 PM, said:

i.m.o

​when it's top or mono tier it's great

​but when it's bottom tier it s#cks big-time

Top tier is what? Well, if there are no artilleries in game, if no enemies shot gold, if you are always able to cover completely the chassis(because quite every ht t7 penns it), if your team is at least as good as the enemy one, and after all, if all the enemies wait in front of you and your cover waiting years, because with that damage you will take lot of time to kill them, and with that pen and that precision quite half of your shots willl be pointless.

Snaques #84 Posted 28 December 2017 - 11:53 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 17802 battles

Any HT is good when top tier. This one seems to be worse than the Churchills in any other MM though.

The one thing I don't really get is the DPM. I mean if you have like 40% of the alpha of some other tier 7 HTs, how on earth can you still have DPM that is middle of the pack. I mean IS has over twice the alpha and still better DPM!?! How is that balanced? Surely this is not the tier 7 Mauss that can just stand there and bounce everything.

EDIT: Also when you go up one tier, you almost double the alpha and still increase the DPM with like 45%.Ummm, ok

Edited by Snaques, 29 December 2017 - 12:39 PM.

Snaques #85 Posted 05 January 2018 - 12:12 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 17802 battles

Thank God for the Holiday boosters. Together with the PRs I only had to play 47 games on this pos. It definitely makes my top 3 worst tanks list. I liked even the Churchills (yes, even the CGC) and ATs more. :unsure:

90% of the games are already decided when you meet the first enemy. With ATs you could still hold of a whole flank alone for a good while and really turn the tide. BP just doesn't have the armor or the DPM to do that. 

hajoittaja #86 Posted 09 January 2018 - 05:05 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 36442 battles
  • [ELC-P] ELC-P

View PostSnaques, on 05 January 2018 - 01:12 PM, said:

Thank God for the Holiday boosters. Together with the PRs I only had to play 47 games on this pos. It definitely makes my top 3 worst tanks list. I liked even the Churchills (yes, even the CGC) and ATs more. :unsure:

90% of the games are already decided when you meet the first enemy. With ATs you could still hold of a whole flank alone for a good while and really turn the tide. BP just doesn't have the armor or the DPM to do that. 

Couldn't agree more. This tank is super annoying to play due to the snail-like speed and lack of dpm. Because of this you have to take short cuts (risky) to get in the fight in time and often your flank is decided by your spawn. Yesterday I power grinded this POS too, but couldn't bare to play for the last couple of k xp after a top tier game in which I was raped by tier 5 tanks, because all the support was already dead when I got in the fight. So damn annoying. Also had a top tier game on Abbey where I did 0 dmg, because I didn't get to see enemy tanks at all despite going forward full speed whole time.

Fortunately, what follows this turd is totally worth the pain. I have only 6 battles in Caernarvon, but 2,7k dpg so far. Gotta keep playing it now before it's nerfed:trollface:

Noo_Noo #87 Posted 15 January 2018 - 08:23 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21548 battles

Oh boy. Just about to start this one and not looking forward to it. 

At least I can fully upgrade before playing but I'll have to grind all the way to the Caernarfon. Yes the, personal reserves will be getting a bashing. 

Wish me luck

Noo_Noo #88 Posted 31 January 2018 - 07:52 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21548 battles

Well I've finished my grind through this tank and I can say I was surprised that I've managed to come out of it unscathed. 

I used a little free XP to unlock a couple of modules and I had the top gun from the Centurion. After that I used some boosters and just went at it. I think I got lucky as the MM wasn't too bad and somehow got through it with a 55% WR. I've certainly played worse in better tanks. Perhaps these slow quick firing tanks suit me. 

It's still not a great tank but it can be made to work. Near impossible to carry I think unless you're top tier. it just doesn't have the alpha or DPM for that. 

Just need to grind some credits for the Centurion now. But skint while I'm trying to grind several lines at the same time. 

undutchable80 #89 Posted 13 February 2018 - 09:16 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 5936 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Congrats on completing the grind dude! :great:

Noo_Noo #90 Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:34 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21548 battles

View Postundutchable80, on 13 February 2018 - 09:16 AM, said:

Congrats on completing the grind dude! :great:

Cheers. Still surprised by how well I came out of it to be honest. 

Caernarfon now an that is a nice tank too, it's a lot of fun for a heavy. I'm finding the line to be a lot better than people think. Churchill VII was the worst of the bunch so far for me but even that was ok, just not as good as the Churchill 1 before it. 

undutchable80 #91 Posted 14 February 2018 - 08:22 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 5936 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostNoo_Noo, on 13 February 2018 - 10:34 AM, said:

Cheers. Still surprised by how well I came out of it to be honest.

Caernarfon now an that is a nice tank too, it's a lot of fun for a heavy. I'm finding the line to be a lot better than people think. Churchill VII was the worst of the bunch so far for me but even that was ok, just not as good as the Churchill 1 before it.

Been putting off starting the grind Church I is sitting in my garage waiting for me to complete the Comet -> Cent I grind, so I can transfer that 5 man crew (currently 3,5 skill) to the Church in the hope it will ease the grind somewhat.

Edited by undutchable80, 14 February 2018 - 08:23 AM.

Noo_Noo #92 Posted 17 February 2018 - 10:36 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21548 battles

View Postundutchable80, on 14 February 2018 - 08:22 AM, said:

Been putting off starting the grind Church I is sitting in my garage waiting for me to complete the Comet -> Cent I grind, so I can transfer that 5 man crew (currently 3,5 skill) to the Church in the hope it will ease the grind somewhat.

I got on really well with the Churchill 1, 3 marked it. I found it quite forgiving so a good crew isn't a necessity. 

But do get and fully upgrade the Centurion 1 so you have the top gun unlocked on the Black Prince. 

Major_Madfokker #93 Posted Yesterday, 01:56 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2665 battles

I played the Churchill VII for a few weeks before selling it and quitting the line, so I didn't even get to the BP, it was bottom tier in pretty much every match, I kept notes on the last 50 games of those, in 42 it was bottom tier, 6 it was second tier and remaining 2 it was all tier 6.

The Churchill VII line is basically just target practice for the tier VII & VIII's, god help the BP the problem is the MM.

Edited by Major_Madfokker, Yesterday, 01:56 PM.

PointZero #94 Posted Yesterday, 02:46 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 40397 battles
When they recently went though the Brits with some much needed buffs they should have at least given the Black Prince similar gun values as the Challenger got with its new gun, this would have buffed the 171 pen & 150 alpha into 220 pen & 280 alpha. Shave a couple of mm of the penetration and you would have a similar gun as the Tiger or M4 45. This still wouldn't resolve the mobility issues the tank has but at least it could do something when it finally gets to anywhere close to a relevant area on the map.

Noo_Noo #95 Posted Yesterday, 04:41 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21548 battles

View PostPointZero, on 22 February 2018 - 02:46 PM, said:

When they recently went though the Brits with some much needed buffs they should have at least given the Black Prince similar gun values as the Challenger got with its new gun, this would have buffed the 171 pen & 150 alpha into 220 pen & 280 alpha. Shave a couple of mm of the penetration and you would have a similar gun as the Tiger or M4 45. This still wouldn't resolve the mobility issues the tank has but at least it could do something when it finally gets to anywhere close to a relevant area on the map.

Agreed that the gun is the issue. It just doesn't scare enemies enough. The DPM and / or alpha is just way too low. 

Also tagged with Buff, black prince

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users