• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

maroar #1 Posted 17 May 2016 - 08:37 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29488 battles
  • [G__G] G__G

Dear forumites/ingame friends,

As the people who have met me ingame or on teamspeak might(/must) have noticed I am done with this game.

I have decided to quit.

So why would someone who has spent so much time in this game (and quit a sum of money) leave it, just like that?

Well, it is not just an overnnight thing.

The game is utterly flawed in balancing. We have seen the addition of an OP T57 for it to be nerfed again, we have seen the introduction of the WTE100 (which wasnt even possible to balance, so they are removing it) and the latest addition the OP TVP50/51.

Special mention goes to the FV183, which, due to it's HESH shell, completely removed the actualy skill needed to do something usefull in a battle. This thing is gamebraking/changing.

You pen, good you (basically) oneshotted one enemy tank. You dont pren, well that does not matter, you will have done the same ammount of damage as any other T10 TD does with one shot. So we (WG) slightly nerfed the HESH penetration, but in return we buffed the turret, so now it can actually take shots in return without being damaged :D  In doing so it negated all the skill of having to aim at some point, or for the enemy to sidescrape/hulldown use his armour effectively (You may see a similarity with the O-I here, armour and oneshotting capability).

With the announcement of the rebalancing in the YT video, I got some hope back, as I hid mostly in skirmishes/CWs/SH battles (and those got ruined by the IS-3 buff and the insane ammount of O-I camping).

I decided to play some more randoms again to maybe get a shot at being involved in this rebalancing, the only thing that has done for me is bring me to this point.

So what makes me so angry, if you would exclude the imbalance?

Well you might all remember the ban waves from UC bans, the hate good players got and the hate players in top clans got.

People left top clans for those reasons.

I left a top clan just to try and get some fun back as well (as that tag must have surely been the reason I got so much flak).

What amazed me is how little actually changed, for doing well in a battle you will get flamed/accused of hacks/mods.

For having "good stats" and people running mods, you will get flamed/accused at the start of battles.

Seeing many people whine at the start of matches about winchance % and telling them that they should just play without mods, getting an answer like "yeah you have all the mods there are/warpack". After sending these people printscreens and replays not being able to change their mind (some people may remind some of my old topics/posts about these things).

Spoiler

Spoiler

Then we have the campaigns:

The great "glhf" BS, where the clans who abused this did not get banned for it (or their rewards taken), one of the clans even had a WG forum mod in them (and he was still a forum mod when it got out).

The last campaign which was utter ****, it was not a campaign, it was a damn spam fest.

And the damn as broken ffing mechanic, yes arty especially combined with XVM.

Here is the my final battle:

http://wotreplays.co...nt-maroar-e_100

I have some dirty language, I do not care anymore. Game after game you get focussed be it by XVM focus or because you take aggresive actions, because that is how you can win games. AND THERE IS NO WAY TO COUNTER IT.

I get why it is in the game, but we already have the FV183 for it, to have someone with lower skill still being able to be competitive.

Like for instance explosive weopons or shotguns in FPS games, what do these do? They remove the need for perfect aim and they can one-shot kill.

The same as arty and the FV183. The difference being that those things can be easily countered once spotted (which the FV183 can be to some degree).

But this is something that can NOT be done with arty. As you can see in this battle, I know where the arty will probably be (as they are always there) I get shot the first time, so I now know where it is, I let everyone else know where it is and then THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT.

The most obvious example of this is people playing artillery in the rampage modes, where on karelia people could just sit in the back of the map in their arty shooting untill they ran out of shells, because NO ONE would ever get to them, unless all of their team would be killed.

So what "can you actually do to avoid arty", well I could play some camouflaged tank and snipe from the back never being spotted (on some maps) or I could hide behind a rock waiting for the enemy to finally push, which would be in the open and then they would get punished by my own arty (but then on T6 you have the FV304, which can shoot behind everything).

And then due to the amazing mods, which are so well looked at by WG, now every arty can shoot everywhere on the map:

I can actually keep rambling on, but I already waisted another hour on this game.

I just want to say sorry to my friends, especially for having to endure me lately ingame, to my ranked team (for now leaving them) and to my team for 14/140, I am just completely done with this game,

maroar out

(For you who want to do the sort of thing: 26,074 battles)

wsatnutter #2 Posted 17 May 2016 - 08:40 PM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 24380 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

chill out m8 take a break as long as you need then come back get stuck into real life for a while and refresh yourself

have fun and see you sometime soon

Murro_the_One #3 Posted 17 May 2016 - 08:41 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33242 battles
i regret every god damned cent i gave to these Belorussian monkeys. whole "success" is pure luck in market with impotent competition....

PoIestar #4 Posted 17 May 2016 - 08:56 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 31501 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

The game concept stays good.

But it seems like WG is giving way less sh¡ts than they used to regarding game balance. For every tank they nerf, an OP one comes back, etc. Reason? Money, money, money.

I'm not as such fed up with the game but I can understand if people leave. Be safe.

Tankenstein #5 Posted 17 May 2016 - 09:11 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 63264 battles
  • [DSQ] DSQ

One cheater less, nothing more nothing less... Close the door on exit!

:popcorn::medal:

Laatikkomafia #6 Posted 17 May 2016 - 09:18 PM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 21315 battles
  • [ELC-P] ELC-P
I play WoT a lot less due to:

*Arty
*Map reworks
*IS-3s

And when the "Great rebalance 2.0" comes, it will most likely mean more IS-3 buffs and arty aiming time buffs -.-

Liviguy #7 Posted 17 May 2016 - 09:29 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12461 battles
I just got 1 shotted by an OI in my Tiger 1, and I feel annoyed. A supposedly t7 heavy, 1-shotted by a t6 heavy. I didn't know it was possible until it just happened there. We were head on at each other, so it didn't ammo rack me or hit my fuel tanks, it fired, and blew my turret clean off. 

SovietBias #8 Posted 17 May 2016 - 09:30 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37179 battles
Why don't you just check back when (and if) the rebalancing is on the way?

MacFergus #9 Posted 17 May 2016 - 09:31 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6888 battles
You don't play for fun then?

basin79 #10 Posted 17 May 2016 - 09:35 PM

General

• Player
  • 15351 battles
Went for didn't bother reading the OP or any posts. I stopped playing in the middle of last year I think. Played a few games at Xmas and quite again. I'll come back at some point because I like/love the game.

If I've completely taken the title and run and it's nothing to do with it then that's your own fault.

GhostintheTenk #11 Posted 17 May 2016 - 10:08 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 50 battles

"Hate" towards good players, broken balance, arty and mods. Couldn't care less about the first one, to be honest, but I agree with the rest.

You're not alone. If WoT wasn't pretty much the only game I play atm, I would play even less. Or not at all.

Just rethink your priorities as to why you play the game, stop caring about most things (teamplay and stuff shouldn't be one of those things though) and feel free to do stupid stuff or to go afk every now and then. That's what helps me to keep up the mood.

Anyway, just check back after a few updates. My expectations are quite low, so maybe WG is able to surprise us. It's way too late and I already have lost any trust and faith into them, but... who knows?

teamkill_2014 #12 Posted 17 May 2016 - 10:12 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16005 battles
Oh dear another cry about win rate and stats and arty targeting based on XVM... when are you guys going to learn, its only a game. If you play random battles they are just that: RANDOM. Stop cry about stats, accept if you wanna farm wn8 that you will become an arty magnet and just play the game its supposed to be about fun not silly purple numbers

Edited by teamkill_2014, 17 May 2016 - 10:14 PM.

Folau #13 Posted 17 May 2016 - 10:23 PM

Major

• Player
  • 15254 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
Don't blame you maroar. I'm waiting to see what this global rebalance brings but not really expecting much.

dandiaconescudirect #14 Posted 17 May 2016 - 10:30 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 26021 battles
  • [_GNR_] _GNR_

1. Who the fick cares if you quit playing the game?

2. You are not the first one who quits and definitely not the last one who does this.

3. Why bitcJing about it?

4. How much you ask for the account?

5. Who cares?

GhostintheTenk #15 Posted 17 May 2016 - 10:31 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 50 battles

View Postteamkill_2014, on 17 May 2016 - 10:12 PM, said:

Oh dear another cry about win rate and stats and arty targeting based on XVM...

Amongst other things, yes.

If you really want to call that entire post a "cry", you should really grow up. Because that "cry" is 1000 times better and more constructive than anything you've come up with yet and ever will.

View Postdandiaconescudirect, on 17 May 2016 - 10:30 PM, said:

1. Who the fick cares if you quit playing the game?

I do.

Block Quote

3. Why bitcJing about it?

You might not be mature enough to understand this concept, but it's called "providing (constructive) feedback".

btw: Who are you and who cares about your opinion? Why whining about another player whining around? (See what I did there?)

Edited by GhostintheTenk, 17 May 2016 - 10:40 PM.

Obsessive_Compulsive #16 Posted 17 May 2016 - 10:34 PM

General

• Player
  • 24227 battles
  • [ADUK] ADUK
try world of warships matey. relaxing... .then see what 2.0 brings. enjoy the summer fella.:honoring:

PoIestar #17 Posted 17 May 2016 - 10:35 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 31501 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostLiviguy, on 17 May 2016 - 09:29 PM, said:

I just got 1 shotted by an OI in my Tiger 1, and I feel annoyed. A supposedly t7 heavy, 1-shotted by a t6 heavy. I didn't know it was possible until it just happened there. We were head on at each other, so it didn't ammo rack me or hit my fuel tanks, it fired, and blew my turret clean off. 

Don't ever want to neglect the fact that the O-I is infact, pretty damn strong (read: OPAF) but if he blew your turret off, it means he ammoracked you ;)

CenturionPuch #18 Posted 17 May 2016 - 10:36 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30994 battles
  • [43M] 43M

View Postteamkill_2014, on 17 May 2016 - 10:12 PM, said:

Oh dear another cry about win rate and stats and arty targeting based on XVM... when are you guys going to learn, its only a game. If you play random battles they are just that: RANDOM. Stop cry about stats, accept if you wanna farm wn8 that you will become an arty magnet and just play the game its supposed to be about fun not silly purple numbers

the only one here who is ought to be crying about stats is you. about your bot-like stats [edited].

Edited by Neilloss46, 21 May 2016 - 12:33 AM.
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to inappropriate content. Neilloss46

Tidal_Force #19 Posted 17 May 2016 - 10:39 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 16185 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

I understand why you made such decision, and wish you luck on future endeavours. Hopefully your next games of choice will be better.

Good luck.

Edited by Tidal_Force, 17 May 2016 - 10:39 PM.

CenturionPuch #20 Posted 17 May 2016 - 10:40 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30994 battles
  • [43M] 43M

View PostFolau, on 17 May 2016 - 10:23 PM, said:

Don't blame you maroar. I'm waiting to see what this global rebalance brings but not really expecting much.

[edited]

Edited by Neilloss46, 22 May 2016 - 06:40 PM.
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to inappropriate content. Neilloss46

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users