WoT quitting and why.

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

_b_ #21 Posted 17 May 2016 - 10:52 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 56288 battles

I also care that he quits,..... known nicks are getting further and further appart in-game .... the amount of stupid stats-focus and hax this hax that are instead increasing ... WG couldnt care a shaite about it ...

That they actually went back on the whale-bundles and started offering just the tanks can only be because of a slowing / decrease in income ... and even if they did this ... like maroar I've had no issues earlier spending money going for up-keep of servers and pauchecks ... but I'm not pretty stingy with my money towards WG ...

Of the ones I've started playing with, that were the ones introducing me to spending money on a fun f2p game (gold and prem acc and prem tanks) have all left (of assorted reasons)... but all in all ... WG's duck-ups again and again can in no way be considered a good sign...

Some 2 mnths left of premium time,... not sure I can be arsed to play at all this coming June ... and once it's gone can't see any reason to renew and / or buy new gold or such (still a few K left) ... I guess I'll keep playing but WG gotta do something besides pushing out new premium tonks to get me to spend any more ...

Anyhow,.. will miss you and similar around maroar ... don't say goodbye for ever ... perhaps WG will actually end up doing something ... perhaps ... not overly optimistic ... but perhaps ....

_b_ #22 Posted 17 May 2016 - 10:53 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 56288 battles
Oh,.. and for games ... new Doom is fun! ...get that one! :)

LordMuffin #23 Posted 17 May 2016 - 10:53 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 50629 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

Today I didn't think I would have fun in WoT, so didn't play. Tomorrow? Maybe, maybe not, we will see.

And yes, if arty got removed I would just disable chat and play. Because WoT is a good concept of a game which I like.

Edited by LordMuffin, 17 May 2016 - 10:54 PM.

DonGonzalesGacha #24 Posted 17 May 2016 - 11:27 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 34981 battles
  • [DAG0D] DAG0D

In no area in my whole life I have ever witnessed a comparable amount of stupidity to WoT. No workplace, not in school, not in any sports I did and not even in other online games. It amazes me every day. 

The truth is: If I wasn't this good at the game I would have quit a long time ago. That's not supposed to sound arrogant but the actual gameplay of WoT has failed to improve in recent years, it's just not that special any more. It's certainly not the reason I am still playing and I bet everybody else who keeps playing has his own reasons which are anything but gameplay related.

dandiaconescudirect #25 Posted 17 May 2016 - 11:36 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 29479 battles
  • [L4FAM] L4FAM

View PostGhostintheTenk, on 17 May 2016 - 09:31 PM, said:

Amongst other things, yes.

If you really want to call that entire post a "cry", you should really grow up. Because that "cry" is 1000 times better and more constructive than anything you've come up with yet and ever will.

I do.

You might not be mature enough to understand this concept, but it's called "providing (constructive) feedback".

btw: Who are you and who cares about your opinion? Why whining about another player whining around? (See what I did there?)

You missed no 5. Who cares? (See what I did there?)

Edited by dandiaconescudirect, 17 May 2016 - 11:37 PM.

Ray_PhotoGoth #26 Posted 17 May 2016 - 11:44 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 5012 battles
Wow. And I thought these "I can't win all the time so I'm quitting" memes were only a NA thing.

fighting_falcon93 #27 Posted 17 May 2016 - 11:51 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 32506 battles

View PostConor_Notorious_McGregor, on 17 May 2016 - 10:34 PM, said:

try world of warships matey. relaxing... .then see what 2.0 brings. enjoy the summer fella.:honoring:

This, +1 :great:

Maroar, try World of Warships, it's actually a quite nice game. There's a special going on right now aswell and this weekend German cruisers will be discounted, and Japanese ships the weekend after that. After a few days/weeks/months I'm sure you'll be hungry for WoT again:great:

Edited by fighting_falcon93, 18 May 2016 - 12:08 AM.

philjd #28 Posted 18 May 2016 - 12:04 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8325 battles

View Postmaroar, on 17 May 2016 - 07:37 PM, said:

Dear forumites/ingame friends,

As the people who have met me ingame or on teamspeak might(/must) have noticed I am done with this game.

I have decided to quit.

I have no idea who you are - but good luck in the future and do come back once refreshed - this remains one of the best online game, even if it has flaws in both balancing and the player base.

Slyspy #29 Posted 18 May 2016 - 12:38 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 14512 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
No game lasts forever.

Marlekin #30 Posted 18 May 2016 - 07:25 AM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 33482 battles

Nucleartroll eh? I'll keep an eye out for him and tell him Maroar send me. 

Too bad to see you go m8. 

UranusReeks #31 Posted 18 May 2016 - 07:28 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29432 battles
  • [FOXY] FOXY

I wanna be purple before I quit WoT. Will never happen. :(

Have fun with other games, keep it real, any departure of a good player is a loss for the community.

Edited by Radu_Korne, 18 May 2016 - 07:29 AM.

Murro_the_One #32 Posted 18 May 2016 - 07:50 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35083 battles

View PostX3N4, on 17 May 2016 - 11:27 PM, said:

In no area in my whole life I have ever witnessed a comparable amount of stupidity to WoT. No workplace, not in school, not in any sports I did and not even in other online games. It amazes me every day. 

The truth is: If I wasn't this good at the game I would have quit a long time ago. That's not supposed to sound arrogant but the actual gameplay of WoT has failed to improve in recent years, it's just not that special any more. It's certainly not the reason I am still playing and I bet everybody else who keeps playing has his own reasons which are anything but gameplay related.

holy truth

many people stay with the game because they are good and they fear it wont be the case in other games

but the comment towards overall skill of tanker population:

yes. its terrible sometimes but WG doesnt help by trying to separate good from bad players.

If we had different MM than this one, good people would play more with good ones and they would get better because they would need to think and invent better strategies.

stomping noobs didnt teach noone nothing good.

i would rather play less games with more intensity than what i do today when half of the teams are clueless and peak of their learning is to learn the spots on map where to go and camp

VonGoofy #33 Posted 18 May 2016 - 07:56 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 35858 battles

WG is most upset by you leaving, as any of the good players leaving because the game depends on you.

Ok back to reality. WG doesn't care, the concept of the game isn't that it should serve the good purple players (by community made up statistics), it's made for all. A wast majority of players are casual players that pretty much dont care about stats, and they pay for their premium, buy premium tanks and THESE are the players WG cares about.

Nobody gives a sh!t how good you are except you but that's something to talk about with your psychiatrist.

Edited by VonGoofy, 18 May 2016 - 07:57 AM.

HugSeal #34 Posted 18 May 2016 - 07:58 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 22752 battles
  • [SWEC] SWEC
kthxbye

Himmelfallen #35 Posted 18 May 2016 - 08:23 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 31606 battles
  • [X-TRA] X-TRA

It is always bad when a top skilled player quits the game. I completely agree with your statements and imbalances currently in the game. I hope Wargaming will take some actions in the incoming rebalancing and do something about XVM. I can feel the hate/focus of arties, at my level and I can only imagine what it is being top skilled player like you and what you have to deal on daily basis in the game. So I understand why you decided to quit. Again, hopefully, WG will take actions and I am really looking forward to good players like you, returning to the game.

Taegus #36 Posted 18 May 2016 - 08:36 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 43090 battles
  • [KITTY] KITTY
Well I for one am sorry to see you leave. Ignore the toxic trolls. They just want someone to see them.

Signal11th #37 Posted 18 May 2016 - 09:13 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 42461 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

View Postdandiaconescudirect, on 17 May 2016 - 09:30 PM, said:

1. Who the fick cares if you quit playing the game?

2. You are not the first one who quits and definitely not the last one who does this.

3. Why bitcJing about it?

4. How much you ask for the account?

5. Who cares?

Personally I do care when a good player leaves because we are left with dross like you to play with. I used to be like you always anti anyone leaving but to be fair to the OP I can fully understand why he is leaving and if he actually does leave then the game has lost a decent player and hopefully he finds fun in another game.

dennez #38 Posted 18 May 2016 - 09:33 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 18045 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostRadu_Korne, on 18 May 2016 - 07:28 AM, said:

I wanna be purple before I quit WoT. Will never happen. :(

Have fun with other games, keep it real, any departure of a good player is a loss for the community.

Same here.. So i decided to play4fun. Then i get frustrated and tryhard --> fail --> playforfun --> tryhard --> frustrated --> ragequit --> play4fun.. Anyways, you get the idea.

I still really like this game tho,, Especially the tooning part. Solo randoms (especially at tier X) is just pure agony and actually makes you lose IQ points every day you keep trying it.

tajj7 #39 Posted 18 May 2016 - 09:47 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27481 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Understand the frustrations, especially on the arty and the hacker thing which purples and in particular FAME must get a lot. 

Things aren't all bad though, they do things, eventually.  I was watching a replay QB showed of the old Waffle E100 back in 2013 and he was in platoon with the unnerfed deathstar and the unnerfed T57. A quite horribly OP collection of tanks in one platoon. 

Now the Waffle E100 is about to go, the T57 and Deathstar are shadows of their former self. We've also had the T95/Chieftain premium issue getting rectified, the u-tun on the pen nerfs, buffs to some terrible premiums, the nerf to the T-22sr, the u-turn on the boosts for emblems. There was the change to offering unbundled premiums as well. 

Over the last 6 months to a year there have been a lot of positive signs. I think WG are starting realise that they have a good core game and that core game is what we all like but there is only so much stuff we can put up with.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. 2016, this year of 'fixes' is make or break for the game IMO. 

Cobra6 #40 Posted 18 May 2016 - 09:51 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16505 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Aaaw sad to see you go mate :(

View Postdandiaconescudirect, on 17 May 2016 - 09:30 PM, said:

1. Who the fick cares if you quit playing the game?

2. You are not the first one who quits and definitely not the last one who does this.

3. Why bitcJing about it?

4. How much you ask for the account?

5. Who cares?

Because he's actually a quite well known and good player, unlike most that claim to leave this game.

If your best players start leaving it's not a good sign for the developer, there are always more tomato's available but good and skilled players are quite a rarity in this game. (If you imagine that those make up the top 0,5% of the player base according to WG's own rating).

I for one are also quite looking forward to the global rebalance and *especially* that to both the arty class but also other point-and-click machines likes the FV183 that require close to 0 skill to play quite effectively. They are basically classes/machines that are designed to let (vastly) inferior players do damage to superior ones where in no other class/vehicle they would be able to.

One-shotting ability without ammo racking needs to be completely removed altogether. It should not be possible for any tank to do more than 50% of the total HP damage to a vehicle of the same tier or above. It's just bad game design and frustrating.

As for XVM, just remove the stats from within matches completely, having them in the garage is fine but in matches it would promote a lot more equality and less focus/hate.

Cobra 6

Edited by Cobra6, 18 May 2016 - 10:04 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users