WoT quitting and why.

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

GhostintheTenk #41 Posted 18 May 2016 - 10:06 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 50 battles

View Postdandiaconescudirect, on 17 May 2016 - 11:36 PM, said:

You missed no 5. Who cares? (See what I did there?)

Why did you even bother to post then?

Grow up.

View PostX3N4, on 17 May 2016 - 11:27 PM, said:

In no area in my whole life I have ever witnessed a comparable amount of stupidity to WoT.

[...]

It's certainly not the reason I am still playing and I bet everybody else who keeps playing has his own reasons which are anything but gameplay related.

Indeed. Just take all the guys who only play platooned, because playing alone would be too depressive.

But the fact that so many people STILL stay and keep playing, even if not active any more, shows that WG did something right. That's something I always like to mention, although it's nothing but a drop in a bucket, given the overwhelming amount of negative stuff.

View PostSlyspy, on 18 May 2016 - 12:38 AM, said:

No game lasts forever.

True dat. However, there is a big difference between a good game that simply gets boring after a lot of enjoyable years and a game that, while having a good concept, is simply broken to the core and scaring away long term players.

qpranger #42 Posted 18 May 2016 - 10:13 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 32397 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostGhostintheTenk, on 18 May 2016 - 11:06 AM, said:

But the fact that so many people STILL stay and keep playing, even if not active any more, shows that WG did something right. 

Yes, they did something right.

Pity they are not doing something right today.

Cobra6 #43 Posted 18 May 2016 - 10:22 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16332 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Another thing I thought of to those who say that "skilled" players are not that relevant in this game or their opinion:

If anything, they should be taken into account *MORE* as these are the players that play the game to it's maximum ability and their own.

Saying a 45% player is just as important or their opinion just as valuable is a bit odd. That's like saying the opinion and feedback of some couch potato on Formula 1 is just as important as that of Michael Schumacher.

Cobra 6

HundeWurst #44 Posted 18 May 2016 - 10:36 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 69717 battles
  • [ROIDS] ROIDS

Hwo could I disagree with you here :)?

I want to especially highlight the party about tier 10, tier 8 and 6 skirmishes:

Once Wargaming had the idea to replace the company battles with something else. They came up with skirmishes and it was good (well the only sad thing is that you can only play them with people from your clan or other clanless guys).

The idea to enable players to play as a team and gain some extras is one of the last good things Wargaming came up with. I just realized this when looking back at what Wargaming did during the last 1 or 2 years.

Well then some things changed - balance went completly overboard:

In tier 6 (not that i play that in particular) the O-I got introduced and tier 6 gameplay went to crap. the endless camps of O-Is behind the capcircle made that tier unenjoyable in skirmishes. As i said, I do not play tier 6 in particular but you, Wargaming, basically took the option away to have fun and play that skirmish tier as well. Yes the next patch is bringing a rebalance to the O-I but you did not touch the mot broken part of that tank: - its armor? I can understand that you are balancing tanks mostly for random battles, however, you might want to have a look what is going on in skirmishes as well, as this mode is basically the second most played in the game.

Coming to tier 8 skirmishes: Tier 8 is close as unplayable as tier 6 is. The endless spam of IS3s and T54lw is just tedious. IS3 is by now so broken overpowered, same goes for T54lw for a certain extend (not as bad but still outperfomring every other 8 medium and light tank)... I am pretty sure if you would ask the top 1000 players in your hall of fame whether the IS3 is currently broken overpowered at least 95% would agree. End this madness and finally nerf this tank to reasonable levels. We just can hope that this tank gets hit hard by the nerf hammer when they start rebalancing.

An tier 10 skirmishes, you might ask? Well if you fancy running into an ongoing spam of T110E5 and Obj. 140s go for it. Its pathetic that both tanks havnt yet been nerfed, especially the T110E5 needs some serious nerfing.

Skirmishes are by now dull and boring to play. You run in an ongoing spam of the same 4 (5 tanks if you want include tier 6 battles) tanks. All of these tanks are (broken - hello E5 and IS3) overpowered. Better balance would make that fun again. Yes we still manage to pull of ~95% winrate in fame when we are tryharding (even when not only playing E5s and Obj. 140s), but its so stupid.

E5 and IS3 could get some serious nerfs before the "great rebalance". That would already help. At least you could now again escape the "Random game madness" and play skirmishes. Currently it is not fun any more, maybe even less as you constantly run into the most broken tanks. Over and over again.

Out!

teamkill_2014 #45 Posted 18 May 2016 - 10:47 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16421 battles

View PostCenturionPuch, on 17 May 2016 - 10:36 PM, said:

the only one here who is ought to be crying about stats is you. about your bot-like stats [edited].

keep crying whilst you get a forum ban

teamkill_2014 #46 Posted 18 May 2016 - 10:48 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16421 battles

View PostGhostintheTenk, on 17 May 2016 - 10:31 PM, said:

Amongst other things, yes.

If you really want to call that entire post a "cry", you should really grow up. Because that "cry" is 1000 times better and more constructive than anything you've come up with yet and ever will.

I do.

You might not be mature enough to understand this concept, but it's called "providing (constructive) feedback".

btw: Who are you and who cares about your opinion? Why whining about another player whining around? (See what I did there?)

50 battles? 

Edited by teamkill_2014, 18 May 2016 - 10:53 AM.

Cobra6 #47 Posted 18 May 2016 - 10:57 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16332 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostWundeWurst, on 18 May 2016 - 09:36 AM, said:

Spoiler

For balancing in general it would be good for WG to look at competitive modes like Skirmishes/SH/CW's.

Any tank that is used almost exclusively in this mode does not need a buff at all, there is a bloody reason it's being used so much. If anything it needs a nerf.

Cobra 6

Edited by Cobra6, 18 May 2016 - 10:57 AM.

Taegus #48 Posted 18 May 2016 - 11:01 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 40102 battles
  • [KITTY] KITTY

View PostWundeWurst, on 18 May 2016 - 10:36 AM, said:

Hwo could I disagree with you here :)?

I want to especially highlight the party about tier 10, tier 8 and 6 skirmishes:

Once Wargaming had the idea to replace the company battles with something else. They came up with skirmishes and it was good (well the only sad thing is that you can only play them with people from your clan or other clanless guys).

The idea to enable players to play as a team and gain some extras is one of the last good things Wargaming came up with. I just realized this when looking back at what Wargaming did during the last 1 or 2 years.

Well then some things changed - balance went completly overboard:

In tier 6 (not that i play that in particular) the O-I got introduced and tier 6 gameplay went to crap. the endless camps of O-Is behind the capcircle made that tier unenjoyable in skirmishes. As i said, I do not play tier 6 in particular but you, Wargaming, basically took the option away to have fun and play that skirmish tier as well. Yes the next patch is bringing a rebalance to the O-I but you did not touch the mot broken part of that tank: - its armor? I can understand that you are balancing tanks mostly for random battles, however, you might want to have a look what is going on in skirmishes as well, as this mode is basically the second most played in the game.

Coming to tier 8 skirmishes: Tier 8 is close as unplayable as tier 6 is. The endless spam of IS3s and T54lw is just tedious. IS3 is by now so broken overpowered, same goes for T54lw for a certain extend (not as bad but still outperfomring every other 8 medium and light tank)... I am pretty sure if you would ask the top 1000 players in your hall of fame whether the IS3 is currently broken overpowered at least 95% would agree. End this madness and finally nerf this tank to reasonable levels. We just can hope that this tank gets hit hard by the nerf hammer when they start rebalancing.

An tier 10 skirmishes, you might ask? Well if you fancy running into an ongoing spam of T110E5 and Obj. 140s go for it. Its pathetic that both tanks havnt yet been nerfed, especially the T110E5 needs some serious nerfing.

Skirmishes are by now dull and boring to play. You run in an ongoing spam of the same 4 (5 tanks if you want include tier 6 battles) tanks. All of these tanks are (broken - hello E5 and IS3) overpowered. Better balance would make that fun again. Yes we still manage to pull of ~95% winrate in fame when we are tryharding (even when not only playing E5s and Obj. 140s), but its so stupid.

E5 and IS3 could get some serious nerfs before the "great rebalance". That would already help. At least you could now again escape the "Random game madness" and play skirmishes. Currently it is not fun any more, maybe even less as you constantly run into the most broken tanks. Over and over again.

Out!

While I agree with you, you have to understand something. There will always be the best tank in certain tier, maybe by not much but still. And in competitive gameplay it will be prefered over others. So you can nerf these tanks, but then simply other tanks will take their place. And you will see that same picture again. I think it would be better to force class separation in these modes. Lets say you need to have certain ammount of vehicles of some class in SH in order to play. Or you can limit the ammount of same tanks to a certain number. Ofc you will still have best tanks represented but at least not 2 tanks non-stop.

Cobra6 #49 Posted 18 May 2016 - 11:14 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16332 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostTaegus, on 18 May 2016 - 10:01 AM, said:

While I agree with you, you have to understand something. There will always be the best tank in certain tier, maybe by not much but still. And in competitive gameplay it will be prefered over others. So you can nerf these tanks, but then simply other tanks will take their place.

That is why you have to get to the point where the tanks are roughly equal and you chose them depending on the map for instance, or personal preference.

For instance if you have a map with lots of ridges you'd choose the T110E5/STB-1 but if you have a city map you'd choose the IS-7/140 or IS-4.

If you nerf the T110E5 and 140 is small increments it's very well possible to strike a good balance.

Cobra 6

cellaman7 #50 Posted 18 May 2016 - 11:19 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34181 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

If i'm ever gonna quit the game, no offence to the OP, I will just eff off. Nobody will miss me.

I won't be coming on here writing a 5 page message of 'Dear John' letter!

Edited by cellaman7, 18 May 2016 - 11:20 AM.

tajj7 #51 Posted 18 May 2016 - 11:22 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 25404 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostTaegus, on 18 May 2016 - 10:01 AM, said:

While I agree with you, you have to understand something. There will always be the best tank in certain tier, maybe by not much but still. And in competitive gameplay it will be prefered over others. So you can nerf these tanks, but then simply other tanks will take their place. And you will see that same picture again. I think it would be better to force class separation in these modes. Lets say you need to have certain ammount of vehicles of some class in SH in order to play. Or you can limit the ammount of same tanks to a certain number. Ofc you will still have best tanks represented but at least not 2 tanks non-stop.

Yeh agree with this, there will always be the 'best' tank for CWs/Skirmishes, nerfing one will just make another take it's place.

Tier 10 IMO is actually not that bad compared to 8, you see more tanks used depending on maps, yes E5 and 140 could be brought down but they are not used as exclusively as IS3 and T-54 ltw.

Forcing teams to take a certain amount of each class would spice up the variety and mean FCs would have to re-think some tactics which would be a good thing IMO.

it would be interesting to see a tier 8 game where teams have to use a couple of TDs and couple of tier 8s meds for example. 

FireFox2234 #52 Posted 18 May 2016 - 11:30 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 73 battles

I don't even have the FAMEtag and it's pretty uncommon not to get called out for hacking in each game nowadays. Thing is, even if WG introduces the most advanced anticheat system in online gaming history, retarded pubbies will continue to cry wolf instead of accepting that they suck and you don't. I used to find it funny but I'm playing with chat off now. You get behind a TD and keep it perma tracked, you're a cheater. It's just boring and distracting.

Sad to see you go maroar, best of luck whatever you choose to do, hope you return someday like TCAMIR and the other top players that have quit because of this crap.

Edited by FireFox2234, 18 May 2016 - 11:31 AM.

Hedgehog1963 #53 Posted 18 May 2016 - 11:33 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 51265 battles
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY
Another one of these threads....

VonGoofy #54 Posted 18 May 2016 - 11:35 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 34781 battles

I can see top clan players still think they are special because of the made up statistcs (WN8) and that WG should care if one of one percenters quits playing. Funny.

Reality check, no you are not the prime concern neither for developers or the WG leading people. Prime concern are the people who actually pay premium accounts, premium tanks and similar, and not people who whine all day about arty and XVM and get tons of gold in ESL.

So get over it once and for all, you are only important to yourselves.

Dru_UK #55 Posted 18 May 2016 - 11:36 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 6562 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

I do not enjoy high tier matches, that's why at present my 20K account, is resting, I come back when I have the love or miss high tier action.

Ze_HOFF_fverhoef #56 Posted 18 May 2016 - 11:45 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 15159 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

You seem to be a decent enough kind of guy, so relax, take a break from the game, and come back later. I would hate to see a player like you leave the game for good.

Also, I think it would be time Wargaming is taking some serious action against players that are deliberately firing on team mates. Punish them severely, and that problem might actually start to ween a bit... It would just mean that they need to add some manpower to investigate complaints (hence it's not gonna happen :/)

weenis #57 Posted 18 May 2016 - 11:56 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 25910 battles

View Postmaroar, on 17 May 2016 - 07:37 PM, said:

-snip

Sorry to see you go pal. I'll miss that dutch accent.

As for all the haters/trolls: Reading your posts had such a negative effect on my Intelligence Quotient that I can no longer open doors.

As shishx's mother always used to tell me, if you don't have anything nice to say, eat some Kraški zašink (a cylindrically-shaped meat product from the cured pork neck meat in a casing) and shut up.

dandiaconescudirect #58 Posted 18 May 2016 - 12:00 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 26591 battles
  • [_GNR_] _GNR_

View PostGhostintheTenk, on 18 May 2016 - 09:06 AM, said:

Why did you even bother to post then?

Grow up.

Neah, im ok like this.

shishx_the_animal #59 Posted 18 May 2016 - 12:08 PM

Colonel

• WGL PRO Player
  • 30988 battles
  • [MEME] MEME

View Postweenis, on 18 May 2016 - 10:56 AM, said:

Sorry to see you go pal. I'll miss that dutch accent.

As for all the haters/trolls: Reading your posts had such a negative effect on my Intelligence Quotient that I can no longer open doors.

As shishx's mother always used to tell me, if you don't have anything nice to say, eat some Kraški zašink (a cylindrically-shaped meat product from the cured pork neck meat in a casing) and shut up.

I don't like you spending so much time with my mom lately...

Farewell maroar o7

weenis #60 Posted 18 May 2016 - 12:16 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 25910 battles

View Postshishx, on 18 May 2016 - 11:08 AM, said:

I don't like you spending so much time with my mom lately...

Farewell maroar o7

shishx, love your videos. When will you make more?

P.s. nice signature.

(edited post to make the "s" in "shishx" lower case)

Edited by weenis, 18 May 2016 - 12:17 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users