• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

signal11th #81 Posted 18 May 2016 - 10:55 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 35439 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postjabster, on 18 May 2016 - 05:44 PM, said:

None of that supports the idea of only listen to the good players though does it.

Pretty much all of it does. TL DR why trust an idiot with anything no matter how much he pays. Give the guw 25% RNG and a few flashy things that makes them go woo oohh isn't that nice and leave the rest to people who know how to code or play the game. You could turn this into COD tankwarfare infinity beyond 12 and half of the people who play it wouldn't notice.

Edited by signal11th, 18 May 2016 - 10:59 PM.

arturo112 #82 Posted 19 May 2016 - 12:37 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9034 battles

View Postmaroar, on 17 May 2016 - 07:37 PM, said:

Dear forumites/ingame friends,

As the people who have met me ingame or on teamspeak might(/must) have noticed I am done with this game.

I have decided to quit.

So why would someone who has spent so much time in this game (and quit a sum of money) leave it, just like that?

Well, it is not just an overnnight thing.

The game is utterly flawed in balancing. We have seen the addition of an OP T57 for it to be nerfed again, we have seen the introduction of the WTE100 (which wasnt even possible to balance, so they are removing it) and the latest addition the OP TVP50/51.

Special mention goes to the FV183, which, due to it's HESH shell, completely removed the actualy skill needed to do something usefull in a battle. This thing is gamebraking/changing.

You pen, good you (basically) oneshotted one enemy tank. You dont pren, well that does not matter, you will have done the same ammount of damage as any other T10 TD does with one shot. So we (WG) slightly nerfed the HESH penetration, but in return we buffed the turret, so now it can actually take shots in return without being damaged :D  In doing so it negated all the skill of having to aim at some point, or for the enemy to sidescrape/hulldown use his armour effectively (You may see a similarity with the O-I here, armour and oneshotting capability).

With the announcement of the rebalancing in the YT video, I got some hope back, as I hid mostly in skirmishes/CWs/SH battles (and those got ruined by the IS-3 buff and the insane ammount of O-I camping).

I decided to play some more randoms again to maybe get a shot at being involved in this rebalancing, the only thing that has done for me is bring me to this point.

So what makes me so angry, if you would exclude the imbalance?

Well you might all remember the ban waves from UC bans, the hate good players got and the hate players in top clans got.

People left top clans for those reasons.

I left a top clan just to try and get some fun back as well (as that tag must have surely been the reason I got so much flak).

What amazed me is how little actually changed, for doing well in a battle you will get flamed/accused of hacks/mods.

For having "good stats" and people running mods, you will get flamed/accused at the start of battles.

Seeing many people whine at the start of matches about winchance % and telling them that they should just play without mods, getting an answer like "yeah you have all the mods there are/warpack". After sending these people printscreens and replays not being able to change their mind (some people may remind some of my old topics/posts about these things).

Spoiler

Spoiler

Then we have the campaigns:

The great "glhf" BS, where the clans who abused this did not get banned for it (or their rewards taken), one of the clans even had a WG forum mod in them (and he was still a forum mod when it got out).

The last campaign which was utter ****, it was not a campaign, it was a damn spam fest.

And the damn as broken ffing mechanic, yes arty especially combined with XVM.

Here is the my final battle:

http://wotreplays.co...nt-maroar-e_100

I have some dirty language, I do not care anymore. Game after game you get focussed be it by XVM focus or because you take aggresive actions, because that is how you can win games. AND THERE IS NO WAY TO COUNTER IT.

I get why it is in the game, but we already have the FV183 for it, to have someone with lower skill still being able to be competitive.

Like for instance explosive weopons or shotguns in FPS games, what do these do? They remove the need for perfect aim and they can one-shot kill.

The same as arty and the FV183. The difference being that those things can be easily countered once spotted (which the FV183 can be to some degree).

But this is something that can NOT be done with arty. As you can see in this battle, I know where the arty will probably be (as they are always there) I get shot the first time, so I now know where it is, I let everyone else know where it is and then THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT.

The most obvious example of this is people playing artillery in the rampage modes, where on karelia people could just sit in the back of the map in their arty shooting untill they ran out of shells, because NO ONE would ever get to them, unless all of their team would be killed.

So what "can you actually do to avoid arty", well I could play some camouflaged tank and snipe from the back never being spotted (on some maps) or I could hide behind a rock waiting for the enemy to finally push, which would be in the open and then they would get punished by my own arty (but then on T6 you have the FV304, which can shoot behind everything).

And then due to the amazing mods, which are so well looked at by WG, now every arty can shoot everywhere on the map:

I can actually keep rambling on, but I already waisted another hour on this game.

I just want to say sorry to my friends, especially for having to endure me lately ingame, to my ranked team (for now leaving them) and to my team for 14/140, I am just completely done with this game,

maroar out

(For you who want to do the sort of thing: 26,074 battles)

Bye maroar, it was fun playing with you. Hope to see you around in other games or whatever.

;_;7

Liviguy #83 Posted 19 May 2016 - 12:39 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12461 battles
I've just played about 10 games and from what i noticed arty has swung it in nearly half the matches. They and td's seem to be more important in many games than mediums or heavies, the balance of the game is suffering. It now seems quite common where the better team of tankers are losing.

Edited by Liviguy, 19 May 2016 - 12:43 AM.

jabster #84 Posted 19 May 2016 - 06:38 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12532 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View Postsignal11th, on 18 May 2016 - 09:55 PM, said:

Pretty much all of it does. TL DR why trust an idiot with anything no matter how much he pays. Give the guw 25% RNG and a few flashy things that makes them go woo oohh isn't that nice and leave the rest to people who know how to code or play the game. You could turn this into COD tankwarfare infinity beyond 12 and half of the people who play it wouldn't notice.

I really don't see it as the whole very good players know what's 'best' for the game is frankly ridiculous, not to mention arrogant, as is the idea that anyone who is not good at it is somehow an idiot. Do you really think that what very good players want from the game is somehow the same as me or indeed I'm so dumb that I'll just play anything that's served up to me?

Pretty much all these type of arguments just come across as I can't accept that my opinion is not objectively correct so I'll just put someone's stats down instead to 'prove' I'm right.

Thats not to say the good player's opinions can't have added value but knowing that a change will lead to X is really rather different than whether you think X is a good thing.

Edited by jabster, 19 May 2016 - 06:46 AM.

Digglyda #85 Posted 19 May 2016 - 07:09 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 49177 battles

I would quit but I can't.

I've spent so much money on virtual tanks that I'll still be trying to get my moneys worth in 10 years time.

lnfernaI #86 Posted 19 May 2016 - 07:15 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 28210 battles
  • [ALLGE] ALLGE

yeah,leave,noone care.

one turd less in-game on the bright side.

Edited by lnfernaI, 19 May 2016 - 07:16 AM.

Long_Range_Sniper #87 Posted 19 May 2016 - 07:32 AM

General

• Player
  • 30659 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postsignal11th, on 18 May 2016 - 09:55 PM, said:

I'm a little at a loss as to why knowing how to "code" is relevant at all to player knowledge, enjoyment, or understanding of the game? I'll be honest and also don't understand "streaming".

Want to watch me suck at the game go to twitch.tv/signal11th

You clearly don't "suck", so there's a bit of "ooo  look at me, and how brilliant I am" leaking out there. I could get the streaming thing, if you give a running commentary as a bit of a tutorial for poorer players, and publish streaming times so they can log on and learn if they want to watch. That's quite a noble activity, and putting something back into the community who helped get you your stats buy taking all that damage. If it's just, "watch me and bask in my glory as I'm the dogs testicles at a pixel tank game", then I don't get it.

If I was running the WG development strategy I'd have a mixed feed of business intelligence from top players, new players, players who pay a lot, players who pay nothing, players who join but don't play, what competitors are doing, technical advancements, and military advisers. Depending on what I want to achieve would depend on how much I weight each piece of intelligence. It doesn't mean that expert players don't count, but they're hardly going to give great advice about how good the game is currently at attracting new players? That's key for making the game grow. But new players, aren't going to give me intelligence on retention. 

Experts know, best, and noobs know nothing wouldn't get far in business I'm sure.

Edited by Long_Range_Sniper, 19 May 2016 - 07:35 AM.

shishx_the_animal #88 Posted 19 May 2016 - 01:05 PM

Colonel

• WGL PRO Player
  • 30730 battles
  • [FAIME] FAIME

View Postweenis, on 18 May 2016 - 11:16 AM, said:

shishx, love your videos. When will you make more?

P.s. nice signature.

(edited post to make the "s" in "shishx" lower case)

Dunno, probably one more till the end of the week?

Thanks for the compliment. Your signature also looks very sexy.

(no edits so far)

WizzY_Cro #89 Posted 19 May 2016 - 08:26 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7144 battles

Edited by WizzY_Cro, 19 May 2016 - 08:27 PM.

Anon1234567 #90 Posted 20 May 2016 - 08:40 PM

Private

• Clan Diplomat
  • 14713 battles

View Postmaroar, on 17 May 2016 - 07:37 PM, said:

I just want to say sorry to my friends, especially for having to endure me lately ingame, to my ranked team (for now leaving them) and to my team for 14/140, I am just completely done with this game,

Gonna miss you maroar, guess I'm gonna have to get Battlefront now </3

Cobra6 #91 Posted 20 May 2016 - 10:27 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16332 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
Funny how this moved into off-topic while it's pretty relevant to the game. It's actually about it so it belongs in the general discussion area.

Black_Angel_87 #92 Posted 07 August 2016 - 10:53 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 43700 battles
  • [SBITE] SBITE
2.0 is complete crap, some of the reasons I see are:
Penetration nerf, both standard and premium shells, so now all the idiots that are driving around in the E100-S, Maus, IS-7, E5, can bounce more and complain less to WG.
Accuracy nerf, yeah, how many of use have gotten 3 MoE on tanks because we fell back when we saw a flank will crush, sniped, and did as much as we can ? Now we need to get close and personal with enemy heavy tanks ( again, the [edited]with 700 wn8 that regularly get hacked and cheated) so that we can hit the weak spots and pen.
Artillery alpha nerf but stun put in ? Yeah, Its basically what a T92 or a CGC does to you right now when they splash you, they kill half your crew, now they will splash you+stun you, so you are useless until they reload and do it all over again.
Calling tanks "breakthrought" is [edited], yeah, let´s see how many good players will sacrifice themselves so that the children whose daddy bought them a Lowe so they can be happy in a game will miss shells, not penetrate and admire the clouds on Malinovka.
All in all, WoT is dying out, and if the changes from the so called "re-balance 2.0" happen, I´m out, and I know a lot of others will quit on the game too.
"Re-balance" my [edited]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users