Q&A with the Developers

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

Murphy1up #1 Posted 19 May 2016 - 10:21 AM

Lieutenant General

• Military Reserve
  • 11249 battles
  • [-QQ-] -QQ-
In the Q&A with the Developers section, you will be able to get first-hand information from our Developers about the game, its features, concepts, and what the future will hold for World of Tanks. Make sure to visit regularly for hot inside information!

Furiciano #2 Posted 21 May 2016 - 09:18 AM

Private

• Player
  • 11590 battles
Still no information, as in questions, answers about what you guys are exactly going to do to improve the 112 Chinese heavy tank, that tank really needs an overhaul 

Jimbodiah #3 Posted 22 May 2016 - 06:27 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 10579 battles
  • [NBTT] NBTT
Actual Q&A or just one-sided PR leaks from WG.RU?   Seeing as no dev has ever been on these forums before...

Mc_Dumble #4 Posted 23 May 2016 - 08:21 PM

Private

• Player
  • 13124 battles
i read the other day from the q/a that 9.15 was to be released on the 24th tomorrow but looking at it just now that question and answer has been removed .does this mean we are not getting it tomorrow ?

Edited by dumblebumble, 23 May 2016 - 08:23 PM.

Redstar96GR #5 Posted 24 May 2016 - 08:18 AM

Private

• Player
  • 22565 battles
  • [GSQT] GSQT

About the Czech meds:"We look into statistics.If the tank needs nerf,we will nerf it."

How about playing the game on the actual server,instead of the test server,or whatever else,and see that the T6 and 9/10 Czech meds are OP?Or are you afraid to face your own monstrosities?

No +1/-1 MM for tier 3/4...It's fair for Pz 38 nAs to face O-Is,for sure(said absolutely no one EVER).

Introducing parts of XVM into the game...Please just put in a proper damage done/taken log on the game,and half the people which use XVM will stop using it,and then make XVM incompatibe with WoT,just to piss off the stat snipers.I mean,it's fun for a green/purple player in a T10 game to be focused,even if he's driving a bottom-tier tank,why wouldn't you do this?

SANDRO500 #6 Posted 24 May 2016 - 11:58 AM

Private

• Player
  • 15071 battles
  • [ST--B] ST--B

Is it possible to add an option to see which tanks does other player have in the garage at that moment? Like this: Player's Statistics -> Vehicles -> Check to See Tanks in the garage.

the_bomber_invader #7 Posted 25 May 2016 - 08:52 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 9063 battles

Still no sight in MM changes :(

But the rest sound cool though! Hope MM will also change in the very future. Can't wait for more information about vehicle rebalancing!

gigabyte_2 #8 Posted 27 May 2016 - 09:56 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9518 battles
as mentioned above this xvm tracker is destroyng this game and many people use it especially arty players, second and more important  are they gonna be any knew maps or the old ones reworked because is geeting boring playing all day the same maps, the patch was nice and the sound even better keep the good work and love WOT with the ups and downs as in all relationships

Mysteryyy_MAN6678 #9 Posted 29 May 2016 - 12:28 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1931 battles
will there be new european three lines in the future updates?

Jimbodiah #10 Posted 29 May 2016 - 12:51 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 10579 battles
  • [NBTT] NBTT
Yes, they have already said so a few weeks ago. Swedish/Italian/Polish are on the short list. Yay, more fantasy tanks :(

Ober__ #11 Posted 29 May 2016 - 11:07 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 52449 battles
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA
when are plans to introduce new personal missions? As the rampage was closed.. so need more woman crews :)

Rolf_Cy #12 Posted 01 June 2016 - 12:39 AM

Private

• Player
  • 26383 battles

I still cannot believe that i play maps of 600m in my tier 10 tank mm, i am a scout player and this is one of my biggest problem in the game, i enjoy fast tanks anyhow, Guys we have 2016 make larger maps lol , small maps are only a benefit for heavy tanks, most of the players we play mediums lights or even spgs, maps need to be even bigger of 1000m. Re-design the maps , do something, make them more complex, is shame of WG to still have such small maps. Or if you really want to keep small maps , do a preferensial map-making ?! think outside of the box do something new guys is so sad to play tier 10 matches in 600m map, this is trageticly-funny !!

Also , personal missions, of course is a must , there are different kinds of players, solo , clans, platoon, everything, team battles, mission players , consider all the categories of players and provide everyone with some benefits. In the end , personal mission = women crew + tanks !! i think i dont even need to comment on that , everyone needs them and loves them !! Make more easier missions with lower tier tanks and more difficult with higher tiers, put in 2-3 more tanks low to high tiers! 

WG be smart!

Edited by Rolf_Cy, 01 June 2016 - 12:43 AM.

ITALUX #13 Posted 01 June 2016 - 12:49 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16329 battles
I feel like they keep saying " No, we don't have this in plans at this time"...

Polski11 #14 Posted 01 June 2016 - 12:58 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35888 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostRedstar96GR, on 24 May 2016 - 08:18 AM, said:

About the Czech meds:"We look into statistics.If the tank needs nerf,we will nerf it."

How about playing the game on the actual server,instead of the test server,or whatever else,and see that the T6 and 9/10 Czech meds are OP?Or are you afraid to face your own monstrosities?

No +1/-1 MM for tier 3/4...It's fair for Pz 38 nAs to face O-Is,for sure(said absolutely no one EVER).

Introducing parts of XVM into the game...Please just put in a proper damage done/taken log on the game,and half the people which use XVM will stop using it,and then make XVM incompatibe with WoT,just to piss off the stat snipers.I mean,it's fun for a green/purple player in a T10 game to be focused,even if he's driving a bottom-tier tank,why wouldn't you do this?

OP? deathstar is not OP? batchat is not OP with that autoloader and 390!!! hp dmg every shot?? :teethhappy: in statistics u will see that too many good players have T9/10 cz (so u need to wait for tomatoes and regular player to get those tanks... and then u will see its better tank, but not OP, u need to find playstyle like with other meds....)... i easily can say that grille 15 is OP, because FOCH155 is slower, easier to spot, worse aim, horrible speed of shell, ,,no,, gun-arc... what foch155 has? armor and autoloader? armor only on front (side is big as barn, easy to hit/pen), in 80% frontarmor is useless with those weakspots and penetration of T9/10 tanks.... autoloader is loading sooooo long, each shell is loading soooo long.... with grille 15 u can shot in move coz of gun-arc and shot each 14s? for same aplhadmg (750) ...so foch can do MAYBE (if he hit with that aim, speed of shell, gun-arc) approx. 2250 in 1min... grille15 thx to gunrammer can do over 3000 in 1min much easier with that aim and speed of shell....

So tell me more about that autoloaders are OP :trollface:

http://tanks.gg/wot/...15b-183;00Ek100

http://tanks.gg/wot/...-c-25-t;409j000

Edited by Polski11, 01 June 2016 - 01:03 PM.

Redstar96GR #15 Posted 01 June 2016 - 05:00 PM

Private

• Player
  • 22565 battles
  • [GSQT] GSQT

View PostRolf_Cy, on 01 June 2016 - 01:39 AM, said:

I still cannot believe that i play maps of 600m in my tier 10 tank mm, i am a scout player and this is one of my biggest problem in the game, i enjoy fast tanks anyhow, Guys we have 2016 make larger maps lol , small maps are only a benefit for heavy tanks, most of the players we play mediums lights or even spgs, maps need to be even bigger of 1000m. Re-design the maps , do something, make them more complex, is shame of WG to still have such small maps. Or if you really want to keep small maps , do a preferensial map-making ?! think outside of the box do something new guys is so sad to play tier 10 matches in 600m map, this is trageticly-funny !!

Also , personal missions, of course is a must , there are different kinds of players, solo , clans, platoon, everything, team battles, mission players , consider all the categories of players and provide everyone with some benefits. In the end , personal mission = women crew + tanks !! i think i dont even need to comment on that , everyone needs them and loves them !! Make more easier missions with lower tier tanks and more difficult with higher tiers, put in 2-3 more tanks low to high tiers! 

WG be smart!

The funny thing is,they might have to do huge maps on the end.On a Q&A with Slava,who got re-hired by WG,he said something about a prototype for 50vs50 battles.

Try fitting 100 tanks in a map 1kmx1km wide... :teethhappy:

Sharpe #16 Posted 01 June 2016 - 08:46 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 21523 battles

"We have no plans for other game types".

I'd be playing rampage right now. There's no way I can touch randoms while this special is out.

Question :

"Dead developers, January 2015 240k players online at weekevenings, June 2016 133k as for this same moment I'm writing.

For sure Viktor's a billionaire and he couldnt care less, but do u think that the accuracy nerf, the stats based rigged rng/MM and the existence of one single gamemode for single players had anything to do with that ? Also, are u happy with it or do u plan to reach 100k in 5 months ?"

Rolf_Cy #17 Posted 01 June 2016 - 10:16 PM

Private

• Player
  • 26383 battles

View PostRedstar96GR, on 01 June 2016 - 04:00 PM, said:

The funny thing is,they might have to do huge maps on the end.On a Q&A with Slava,who got re-hired by WG,he said something about a prototype for 50vs50 battles.

Try fitting 100 tanks in a map 1kmx1km wide... :teethhappy:

I hear that i think hahaha, well could be consider as another mode why not though , of course not in such maps otherwise there is no chance i am playing such crap

In any way, playing high tier tanks on 600m is both tragic-funny , i mean consider that realisti , WG is trying to do the game more and more realistic and 5 years of developement i am still playing on a 600m map with arty lets say , or medium , or light tank, this is like they want to  decrease the improving game ''quality'' . I see new tanks i see all kinds of improvements but the most important aspect that should be consider as first is not even mention as a problem , i dont know , am i the only crazy here or what ?
Improving game quality should mean , doing the game more and more realistic , for example :

- OF COURSE making larger maps (considering all the kinds of tanks could have advantage of that, even heavies i think, putting small towns one side lets say , and big huge open place with bushes and all this stuff on the other side , while there are 2 hills in middle for TD's is that simple or not ?)

- If you dont like the idea , stick to the preferensial MAP - MAKING , nice idea or not ?

- consider giving more realistic weather ? raining , sunny ? night ? morning ? 

- consider while enlarging maps , giving more time and slighly mmore available tanks ? (20 Vs 20 ?)

- putting lights on tanks , for example if there would ever be like night mode , tanks could have lights on-off (reduce camo in the same time if on!?), or even night-silent mode for aximum camo on the other hand

- giving opportunity to persnolazing tanks, with personal  info, logos or whatever

WG i dont know if u can see this but if u do so please consider such aspects, everyday i hear new and brand new games with tanks, and i feel so 'proud' i play WOT because is the the one and only, original first such game, but i see that all the other companies putting new exciting stuff and improve lots of aspect while WOT is just what is always have been. i am not saying about brand new tanks, of course keep that kind of tanks '' ww2 comperable period '' but please think outside of the box, considering the game should improve to be more realistic and not the WOT we all know.

Hopefully someone will see that...

Edited by Rolf_Cy, 01 June 2016 - 10:17 PM.

STRAPATONI #18 Posted 02 June 2016 - 01:27 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 22877 battles
  • [0-M-J] 0-M-J

LOL. the game is crap and will stay crap. they dont give damn about the community all they care about is to sell golds. what is this [edited]Q/A? if the answer is no, so the quastion is irrelevant?

removing PEARL RIVER or NORTHWEST map that were more interest than flap boring STALINGRAD, PILSEN or KHARKOV.

PROVINCE removed 'cz players didnt like it? come on? it was the best map for low tiers

now they just need to get rid of the 2 last camping maps and all thigs wil be right for them, MALINOVKA and PROkHOROVKA, after that ARTY and TD's will became useless to this game, and all MED's OP will do fun on HT's.

GL with destroying this game.

5everin #19 Posted 02 June 2016 - 02:32 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 78875 battles
  • [TEC] TEC

Block Quote

Any plans to introduce skill based/improved match making? (maybe +1/-1 instead of +2/-2)

- No plans to introduce anything like this at this time.

When and how are we changing/removing Premium Ammo?

- There are no plans to remove Premium Ammo from the game at this time. But during major rebalance of the game there will possibly be some changes of their parameters and mechanics.

Fail: Tinkering with the tank distributions will solve not a thing. (which is all they have said that they are looking into)

It will do nothing to stop massively imbalanced teams due to the people driving the tanks.

Prem ammo should be their Number 1 priority its so broken and game breaking it just isn't funny. But hey (short term) profit before players.

Edited by 5everin, 02 June 2016 - 02:35 PM.

mikeracecat #20 Posted 02 June 2016 - 05:23 PM

Private

• Player
  • 15643 battles
are u guys stil working on modern tanks?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users