• 9222 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Bantario #3 Posted 25 May 2016 - 03:14 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 40407 battles
  • [RIFF] RIFF

Signed, no smokes for over 2 years!

Fuking government always knows best, until it comes to spending tax dollars...

mynameispuffs #4 Posted 25 May 2016 - 03:35 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 24316 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

David Cameron has influence in Brussels?

AHAHAHAH :teethhappy:

Lycopersicon #5 Posted 27 May 2016 - 06:29 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 10610 battles
The mere fact that there is such high-level initiative in UK restores my belief in humanity to some extent. Our rulers here are rather hysterical about everything that goes into one's mouth; only yesterday they agreed to treat e-cigarettes equally to tobacco products in all respects, because, you know, they are similar. I'm not sure how they forgot to add pencils to the bunch.

Obsessive_Compulsive #6 Posted 27 May 2016 - 05:30 PM

General

• Player
  • 25323 battles
  • [ADUK] ADUK

View Postmynameispuffs, on 25 May 2016 - 03:35 PM, said:

David Cameron has influence in Brussels?

AHAHAHAH :teethhappy:

he is the prime minister and thus the only person in the whole of the UK who can demand an opt-out of any kind. its been done before by him and by others prime ministers its a fairly standard thing.

Ulfhedinn_ #7 Posted 28 May 2016 - 02:26 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 48246 battles

Tough one. Vaping:

• smokers who vape to quit cigs & then vaping completely or to continue vaping only socially & low key = ace
  • smokers swapping cigs to vape with no reduction, I don't know enough, I smoke cigs, no desire to quit but not sure about switching to vaping
  • non-smokers who start vaping (particularly young) who wouldn't have otherwise smoked at all = bad, it's apparently addictive (not just by habit conditioning but chemically via the nicotine) and this one is a lot to do with the advertising & positioning

And not sure what the petition is for - I don't support vaping being able to TV advertise & do sports sponsorship or being cheap as sweets, I don't like the glam / trendy almost alcopop paraphernalia, overall I'm sick of the internet bingo's & casio's, pay-day lenders, and vaping who all want to farm people creating feudal peasants rather than wealth, just moving money from ordinary to rich (lol WOT's, but at least that was fun). But as a general freedom I'd support vaping 100%, I despise the nanny state, so petition maybe needs some better explaining?

Edited by Ulfhedinn_, 28 May 2016 - 02:27 AM.

Obsessive_Compulsive #8 Posted 29 May 2016 - 12:56 PM

General

• Player
  • 25323 battles
  • [ADUK] ADUK

View PostUlfhedinn_, on 28 May 2016 - 02:26 AM, said:

Tough one. Vaping:

• smokers who vape to quit cigs & then vaping completely or to continue vaping only socially & low key = ace
  • smokers swapping cigs to vape with no reduction, I don't know enough, I smoke cigs, no desire to quit but not sure about switching to vaping
  • non-smokers who start vaping (particularly young) who wouldn't have otherwise smoked at all = bad, it's apparently addictive (not just by habit conditioning but chemically via the nicotine) and this one is a lot to do with the advertising & positioning

And not sure what the petition is for - I don't support vaping being able to TV advertise & do sports sponsorship or being cheap as sweets, I don't like the glam / trendy almost alcopop paraphernalia, overall I'm sick of the internet bingo's & casio's, pay-day lenders, and vaping who all want to farm people creating feudal peasants rather than wealth, just moving money from ordinary to rich (lol WOT's, but at least that was fun). But as a general freedom I'd support vaping 100%, I despise the nanny state, so petition maybe needs some better explaining?

read the link under the word ''details''.

Ulfhedinn_ #9 Posted 31 May 2016 - 01:43 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 48246 battles

Thank you for pointing out the link. I'm still not certain, as it doesn't mention, or I missed, anything about advertising. But it's an obvious fact they're better than straight smoking, it looks like bodged legislation and that's almost always bad, and it's EU, so in trust & solidarity, I've signed petition :-)  

Obsessive_Compulsive #10 Posted 08 June 2016 - 05:53 PM

General

• Player
  • 25323 battles
  • [ADUK] ADUK

View PostUlfhedinn_, on 31 May 2016 - 01:43 PM, said:

Thank you for pointing out the link. I'm still not certain, as it doesn't mention, or I missed, anything about advertising. But it's an obvious fact they're better than straight smoking, it looks like bodged legislation and that's almost always bad, and it's EU, so in trust & solidarity, I've signed petition :-)  

Theres nothing about advertising in the legislation they are implementing. the legislation is what is in the link. I have no idea about advertising I just know I dont want the hounds in brussels to make it harder for me to stay away from tobacco.

GJ you for signing though. thank you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users