ram computer windows game help

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

ruskins123 #1 Posted 26 May 2016 - 10:35 AM

Private

• Player
  • 9009 battles
Hello guys, I need your help!
Currently I play world of tanks on my laptop with low to medium graphics and my fps is about 30 and it is really disturbing for me :D
I want to know what should I upgrade in order to have a better game experience.

With this I mean - I want to have better graphics and better performance.
Should I upgrade my RAM first and then graphics card or what?

My computers setup(All is factory new):
RAM - 4gb
Graphics card - Intel® HD Graphics 5500(I hope this is graphics card, but not sure)
Processor - Intel CORE i3

Send__nUdes #2 Posted 26 May 2016 - 01:08 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 14809 battles

Not sure if you can upgrade a laptop, but ...

First you need a Graphics card,  because  what you have Intel 5500  is a  "onboard" graphics card, not a dedicated graphics card.

And RAM memory will not give you anything, so you don't need to upgrade that.

Nokkeli #3 Posted 26 May 2016 - 02:33 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18441 battles
  • [SWEDH] SWEDH
You cannot really upgrade a laptop like you can a desktop. I have no idea what i3 you have but based on the other specs i would say it's not one of the newer. Bottom line is that you need to buy a new computer and if you want to play games then make yourself a favor and do not buy a laptop.

Homer_J #4 Posted 26 May 2016 - 03:00 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 29066 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

The only thing you will be able to upgrade is the RAM, and you will see no improvement from that.

It's very very rare to find a laptop which can take a graphics or CPU upgrade, what you buy is what you are stuck with.

SuperShermanTanker #5 Posted 26 May 2016 - 03:56 PM

Private

• Player
  • 358 battles
You might be able to upgrade the RAM to something faster and something of more capacity to 8gb to help world of tanks run faster on it because usually world of tanks likes fast RAM when using Intel HD graphics what is the model of laptop you have for example my laptop I use for web browsing (and unfortunately cant run World of Tanks and I have to play the game on my desktop) is a Dell XPS M1210 and I if you search that up in google you will be able to see what type of laptop I have. I'll be able to find a part for you and tell you how to upgrade it if I can find what brand and model of laptop it is.

Edited by SuperShermanTanker, 26 May 2016 - 03:56 PM.

ruskins123 #6 Posted 26 May 2016 - 07:17 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9009 battles
Thank you all for your answers... I think I am gonna continue playing with this pc because I usually use it for programming and it suits my needs.. So WOT is only some kind of hobby :D

Also tagged with ram, computer, windows, game, help

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users