Overall best?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

HugsAndKisses #1 Posted 26 May 2016 - 01:28 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 24537 battles

Hi guys

I was fortunate enough to have the monies for the blackdog some weeks ago.

Around the same time, I completed the last PMs for the concept TD, which granted me the needed four girl crew which I intended to put into the blackdog.

Given that prem tanks don't care about the specific tank, as long as nation and class is the same, I naturally skilled the girls for the RU, then put them in the blackdog.

Now my question is this:

Given that I play for fun/win (not necessarily the same, as you can have a great game sometimes and still lose) and not for profit, which of these two tanks would you rate higher?

In your rating, it's a soft requirement that the tank generally doesn't lose money, so some gold use is a given (giving the blackdog a little boost there, as it makes more credits).

priitr #2 Posted 02 June 2016 - 10:25 AM

Private

• Player
  • 19477 battles
  • [O-L-T] O-L-T

RU is better as a scout, no question about it.

Blackdog is the bastard son of American and German scouts who has unfortunately not inherited enough scout traits to be a successful scout himself.

I haven't fought too many battles on it but generally it seems to perform much better as a support medium.

Camo is surprisingly quite bad for the tiers you have to play with (I'd say about 3/4 of the games have been battle tiers 10/11 so far) and viewrange is kinda mediocre for a scout.

Gun is okayish but not on the RU's level. As you're comparing it to the RU you don't need to be reminded about the need to use the HESH whenever you can :).

Snapshoting works surprisingly well for Blackdog provided the target can be actually penned with the 182mm AP pen.

I'm still quite happy with mine - it trains the RU crew quickly, earns some premium-level silver (mind you, it's not IS-6/FCM/T34) and is quite fun to play _if_ you manage to outlive enemy scouts and get to the final phase of the battle.

Fluffy_The_Destroyer #3 Posted 02 June 2016 - 12:46 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 53 battles
Main reason i prefer Blackdog would be -8 gundep on the front/sides/back, while RU is -6front/10sides/-1back (not good when a scout gets a jump on your behind)

1i3to #4 Posted 08 July 2016 - 06:40 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 9486 battles

Since you have a good crew for both and both tanks in your hangar i think you are in perfect position to decide it for yourself.

I'd say RU is a more flexible tank considering camo, view range, dpm and insane penetration with AP.

That's not to say that bulldog isn't a comfortable tank - it is.

azakow #5 Posted 15 July 2016 - 12:48 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 79627 battles

Here some data regarding the income:

Spoiler

To put this into context here some battle results:

Spoiler

Here teh crew and module setup:

Spoiler

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users