What about T18 ?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

NeverGoFT #1 Posted 18 September 2011 - 01:50 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
I sometimes miss low tier battles, what's the best tank to use in them ? I guess it should be tier 2 ? I'm looking at T18 and it seems it has armor and good guns.

Please don't mention the Hotchkiss ...

Deleted_User_spa_746415 #2 Posted 18 September 2011 - 02:10 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
Ho-- PZII!

Gibbo #3 Posted 19 September 2011 - 10:31 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
T18 is the best tier 2, good armor and great weapon for his tier. It will kill in 1 shoot nearly all tier 2 tank.
It's also vely fast :Smile_great:

Goldenz #4 Posted 19 September 2011 - 10:38 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 0 battles
Well i have played about 100 battles on it in my friends account and its very good it has the speed and armour sometimes i even use it as heavy cause its mainly immune to auto cannon fire from the front and the 75 howizer is actually pretty accurate once you get used to the slow projectile travel speed

NeverGoFT #5 Posted 19 September 2011 - 04:18 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Hmm, but how is the matchmaking ?

Gibbo #6 Posted 20 September 2011 - 07:57 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
BAD <_<
T18 is never top, it's always play in tier 3-4 match.
But it can make grat game in highter tier thanks to it's grat gun :)

Goldenz #7 Posted 20 September 2011 - 05:18 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 0 battles
the matchmaking is not so big problem the big threat to it are panzerjäger cause it penetrates it frontaly and usually 2 shots it

Gibbo #8 Posted 21 September 2011 - 10:04 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostGoldenz, on 20 September 2011 - 05:18 PM, said:

the matchmaking is not so big problem the big threat to it are panzerjäger cause it penetrates it frontaly and usually 2 shots it

It's not a big problem, T18 kill it in 1 hit, and from the distance panzerjäger will not penetrate me each shot. It's usually a kill for the T18 in avs1  :Smile-izmena: .
Instead i hate marderII it wull alwyas panetrate me and usually kill me in 1 shot <_<

PrivateAli #9 Posted 28 September 2011 - 06:42 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
Tier2: BT-2 (own enemy Loltraktors! Just KEEP MOVING, no matter what happens)
Tier3: M2 Medium Tank | MarderII | SU-26 (75mm Howitzer FTW! One Shot Enemy A-20s | Epic Cannon | One-Shot Enemy Hetzers, Pull of 90% of an M3 Lee with one shot. Only Problem for it: Heavy Tanks

About BT-2:

You need to always keep moving. DO NOT STOP, otherwise you're dead. Your Hit Ratio may not be awesome, but your Survival Rate will.

About SU-26: Lovely little Arty. Gets in Tier3-Only Battles 1/10 Battles, Tier7 Battles: 3/10, Tier 5 Battles: 6/10
The enemy got no chance to survive if he's Tier4, because (i'm using Rammer and 85% Crew) of your Reload Time of 8 Seconds.

momo03 #10 Posted 10 October 2011 - 06:15 PM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Since I have some decent expereience with low tier TDs I can say:
T18 is fine, T82 is better, T40 is worse. All are fun to play and T18 and T82 can rule the field.

But Panzerjäger and Marder outperform T18 and T82.
Panzerjäger is underestimated often. It delivers quite some damage with a high RoF and acceptable accuracy.
Marder is even better, maybe the most overpowered tank in WoT (as with every tank: if played correctly: it's an eggshell with a sledgehammer...)

What I disliked about T18 is the unbalanced range of guns: either decent accuracy without damage or "no" accuracy and high damage. I have this problem with alle US-TDs, the german TD-guns are more balanced: highest accuracy and still good damage (except hetzer, it has either accuracy OR damage, like US-TDs). For long-range-shooting I prefer german TDs over US-TDs and for brawling - well, that's not what a TD is meant for. Take a tank for that.

ESTBoyx #11 Posted 10 October 2011 - 06:59 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles

View Postmomo03, on 10 October 2011 - 06:15 PM, said:

T18 is fine, T82 is better, T40 is worse. All are fun to play and T18 and T82 can rule the field.

Panzerjäger is underestimated often. It delivers quite some damage with a high RoF and acceptable accuracy.
Marder is even better, maybe the most overpowered tank in WoT (as with every tank: if played correctly: it's an eggshell with a sledgehammer...)

What I disliked about T18 is the unbalanced range of guns: either decent accuracy without damage or "no" accuracy and high damage. I have this problem with alle US-TDs, the german TD-guns are more balanced: highest accuracy and still good damage (except hetzer, it has either accuracy OR damage, like US-TDs). For long-range-shooting I prefer german TDs over US-TDs and for brawling - well, that's not what a TD is meant for. Take a tank for that.

Thats total BS. Learn to play US TD-s then come whine not play German TD-s and whine about that u get owned and beated always in your german TD-s by US TD-s.

Cysteine #12 Posted 27 October 2011 - 11:40 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 0 battles
T18 is one of the strongest T2-T3 tanks (with both cannons!!!) :D I may just win MVP Contest with it. :D

Edit: The accurate and fast gun is awesomely fast!
While the 75mm just hits everything if you know how to aim... :D

Listy #13 Posted 28 October 2011 - 12:15 AM

First Sergeant

• Community Contributor
  • 0 battles
I got this today, and in my three battles I've had with it I've gotten Master gunner and sharpshooter each time. This thing is a Beast! I pointed it out to my mates on TS, and a couple brought it straight away. Teamspeak was then filled with giggles of amusement as they began slaughtering everyone in sight.

The 2Pdr is more akin to a pulse laser, just slicing straight through everything. Its Armour value is actually Better than a Hotchkiss, so is its gun, its speed and its manoeuvrability. the only down side I've found with it is the View range is appalling. No matter, I'll just play it as an assault gun.
People zip through it so quickly they fail to realise how potent this thing is.

Listy #14 Posted 29 October 2011 - 12:15 PM

First Sergeant

• Community Contributor
  • 0 battles
Right I've got a few more games under my belt and my views are as follows.

The T-18 appears to have a Camouflage value roughly the same as a Super tanker which is being used for a Rave. So its gets to put its good armour to the test allot. Equally the Commander, when observing for enemy seems, instead, to be sticking his head in a bucket and hitting the bucket with a hammer. Both of those I suspect are balancing issues, which is fair enough. The biggest flaw I've found to date is the following.

Every-time I'm in a game I want the other gun! When using the 2Pdr, I want to be using the 75mm, and vice versa. That is the quandary of this tank, Amazing accuracy, and the ability to go through anything, with a high Rof, but moderate to low damage. Or HE Splatter death cannon, that when its good its VERY good, however it can have its bad times (Two hits on a BT-7, and I did 20% damage).

Tiger_Buster #15 Posted 04 November 2011 - 04:18 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

I disagree with this been playing American tds up to T25 AT
T18 is great,T82 is meh practicaly garbage imo and T 40 is just great, his gun can pierce tier 6 or 7.

dragonmuzz #16 Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:31 PM

Private

• Player
  • 0 battles

hmm panzerjager is no match for t18 ive had both and the firepower of a fully upgraded t18 destroyes the panzer in 1 shot every time,regarding the marder 2? of course it does its gun is far better and more accurate but ive still killed plenty marder2 in my t18,the t18 is hugely OP for its tier and normally 1 shots everything in tier 2 and sometimes tier 3,i also have the awasomeT95 but i get far more fun killing guys in my matchbox T18

mr3awsome #17 Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:49 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
Hotchkiss

Dongfeng_division #18 Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:58 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles

View Postdragonmuzz, on 19 February 2012 - 05:31 PM, said:

the t18 is hugely OP for its tier

That's irrelevant as T18 doesn't fight its own tier, it fights tier III and tier IV. Yes, it has a great armor and great firepower for its tier, but it's not a BT2 or Tetrarch that fight tier I and tier II tanks.

Intruder313 #19 Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:36 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
It has the same MM as any Tier 2 TD (so can face Tier 4s, don't think it can go above).
It can easily be top: or rather one of many Tier 2s in a Battle Tier 1 game. It of course slips down the visible list purely for alphabetical reasons.

It does not 1-shot Tier 1s, that is pure nonsense, but it does kill Tier 1-2s in say 2-4 shots.

I loved mine and got Top Gun on my very first game with it by just charging around "shotgunning" people. Only sold it to make room for my E-75 but I'll have it back once my latest Retail Box arrives.

Dongfeng_division #20 Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:31 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles

View PostIntruder313, on 21 February 2012 - 03:36 PM, said:

It has the same MM as any Tier 2 TD (so can face Tier 4s, don't think it can go above).
It can easily be top: or rather one of many Tier 2s in a Battle Tier 1 game. It of course slips down the visible list purely for alphabetical reasons.

It does not 1-shot Tier 1s, that is pure nonsense, but it does kill Tier 1-2s in say 2-4 shots.

I loved mine and got Top Gun on my very first game with it by just charging around "shotgunning" people. Only sold it to make room for my E-75 but I'll have it back once my latest Retail Box arrives.

You should really re-buy T18. I have 276 battles in it, just sold it yesterday, and I feel like we're talking about totally different tanks. T18 and tier I tanks in the same team? Don't remember ever seeing that.

T18 is not a bad tank (yes, with good MM you can get lots of kills), but I can tell you that much like SU-26 it lost the charm. There have been some patches last year that made my high win ratio on these tanks go down. Fast. For me, T18 is no longer a keeper, and even SU-26 (today fighting in tier VII games very often) would not be a keeper either if it wasn't a reserve for Junior Company battles.