M4A1 Revalorisé - Do you regret it?

M4 Rev M4 Revalorisé Super sherman Sherman M-51 Isherman Revioli

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

Poll: M4 Revioli (244 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Do you regret buying it?

1. Voted Yes (88 votes [36.07%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 36.07%

2. Voted No (156 votes [63.93%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 63.93%

What would you change?

1. Voted Pen (117 votes [36.45%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 36.45%

2. Aim time (46 votes [14.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.33%

3. Voted Better mobility (82 votes [25.55%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.55%

4. Voted Overall soft stats (47 votes [14.64%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.64%

5. Other (29 votes [9.03%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.03%

Vote Hide poll

Waqan #1 Posted 31 May 2016 - 12:41 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 15272 battles

I started this poll as a curiosity after seeing other topic about this tank.

I like mine and tend to do well in it, but the trollish gun sometimes makes me regret that i bought it.

The formula is just bad, the bad outweighs the good, you have a slow no armour high profile tank, with a trollish gun with okish pen and not good enough gun dep vs high alpha and very good shell velocity.

Last time I played mine, i ran some coffee in it and it felt sooo goood, for the first time i felt competitive, the gun simple was laser accurate, enhancing that this tank needs some kind soft stats buff to raise it to the level of other T8 Premium MT.

So please wg give it some love

What about you guys? What's your opinion?

Edited by Waqan, 31 May 2016 - 01:01 PM.

Cidj #2 Posted 31 May 2016 - 04:19 PM

Private

• Player
  • 48649 battles
  • [-CGT-] -CGT-

hi, 

it's so difficult to answer to that question.

The real problem is it depends on the map and ennemy team !

If they rush with heavies, u can't do anything 10 sec time reload, and so long to focus. If an IS3 is too close you are dead. So imagine IS7 or a Maus.

It's armor (50/60) for a very big target si so low and you don't have any depression ... too many problems at the same time, then if u want to relocate, you don't have enough speed...

So playing it like a TD becomes really anoying

leggasiini #3 Posted 01 June 2016 - 02:19 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 15394 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
since it doesnt have limited mm, it should have higher pen. like 225/275. Other than that its fine, its just not that competitive in tier 10.

MustrumRidcully #4 Posted 19 June 2016 - 09:03 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 15136 battles
  • [T4C] T4C
The gun is excessivly slow to reload, IF and I do say IF you can get it to pen the results are ok to mediocre. Mobility is on the same level as the Firefly NOT the M4 Sherman which is superior. Armour.... yes, i'm sure it has some somewhere, but ive yet to see it appear with any in a battle. Aim speed is poor and accuracy seems "vague". I say this with a 2 skill crew. I really wanted to like this tank because it had so much going for it. I have a lot of the M4 variants in my garage and hoped this would be another fun tank to play. Unfortunately it is incredibly frustrating and disappointing. Come on WG you can do a LOT better than this... give this tank something to redeem itself and make it worth playing please.

MR_FIAT #5 Posted 19 June 2016 - 12:29 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20423 battles
  • [_RBP_] _RBP_

i was initialy tempted to buy this, but then i remembered all the threads about how bad it was aswell as friends raging over its terriblenes. 

i always found this tank quite redundand since CDC was already in the game, would have prefered some mid tier prems instead. (there are plenty potential mid tier french prems but wg seems more interested in spamming russian prems) 

Fluffy_The_Destroyer #6 Posted 21 June 2016 - 04:39 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 53 battles
No armor, sluggish, poor gundep and no camo. 390 alpha with wonkey APCR with low pen icing on the turd cake. dont bother buying this thing.

MindChanger #7 Posted 21 June 2016 - 06:31 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29284 battles
I actually like the tank as it is. It is support tank with big alpha and really fast shells. For heavy tanks heat is enough. For me it is fun to play (but not good money maker). Hope it will keep his good alpha after global rebalance

Tun3ldzija #8 Posted 21 June 2016 - 09:19 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 50697 battles
  • [RED_S] RED_S
No, one of the absolute best and funniest prems, brings in good income easily and is a bit challenging to play = Higher fun factor + more rewarding when played good.

Major_Tankosic #9 Posted 22 June 2016 - 11:46 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 47840 battles
  • [_PRC_] _PRC_

If every tank was fast, well armored, fast aiming, high penning, quickly reloading and making huge damage, all the tanks in the game would be the same. Hence, the game would be boring. This one is fun, I like it more than my CDC (I suck in CDC) and it requires different gameplay. 

Play it to its strengths. 

The gun really hurts enemy tanks, shells are fast and penetrate most targets with ease. Gun depression is decent, turret traverse too. You can't rush it so you won't die quick. Use 10s reload to think about your next move. You are medium, so you can't carry the game. But you can really devastate enemy team, only if you are smart and patient. But, it is a different type of patience comparable to the one needed for AMX CDC where you have to restrain yourself not to die in the first 60 seconds.

Edited by Major_Tankosic, 22 June 2016 - 11:47 AM.

Fluffy_The_Destroyer #10 Posted 22 June 2016 - 01:21 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 53 battles

View PostMajor_Tankosic, on 22 June 2016 - 11:46 AM, said:

The gun really hurts enemy tanks, shells are fast and penetrate most targets with ease. Gun depression is decent, turret traverse too. You can't rush it so you won't die quick. Use 10s reload to think about your next move. You are medium, so you can't carry the game. But you can really devastate enemy team, only if you are smart and patient. But, it is a different type of patience comparable to the one needed for AMX CDC where you have to restrain yourself not to die in the first 60 seconds.

1. "gun hurts, shells are fast and pen most target" so does IS-3A with better pen, near same velocity of shells and same alpha.

2.  gundep on M4 is crap due to the shape or the tall hull. touch a bump and it feels like -3 china gundep.

3. "you cant rush it so you wont die quick" thats such a sh*tty way of saying "bad players who rush in this tank wont die as fast", but to me it sounds like "good players who use higher speeds effectively arent allowed it because of tomatos." based on your logic.

4. its actually 10.80 seconds. rounded up to nearest digit.. its 11 seconds. so no its not 10 seconds. 10 would be too fair for this poor dpm tank with no preff and crappy pen/apcr crapshoot.

5. Mediums CAN and DO carry games. what rock you been living under? you seen higher tiers recently? mediums are dominating. but they have something else to be competative, SPEED and firepower with better DPM, M4 Rev devistate the enemy? good luck when you fire that gun and your camo reduced to 0 because of the crap base camo it has. good luck penning anything tier 9, hell you cant even reliably pen IS-3 or 6 with that gun (that gun is from a tier 10 batchat!!)

Edited by Fluffy_The_Destroyer, 22 June 2016 - 01:22 PM.

Marlekin #11 Posted 22 June 2016 - 01:54 PM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 33437 battles

As far as premium creditgrinders go, the Rev is one of the cheapest tier 8 that makes good credits. Vbaddict puts it at #5 on net income, above the Lowe and CDC. Despite what some think about this tank (Hi Fluffsy!) thats a very respectable spot to be in. 

Fluffy_The_Destroyer #12 Posted 22 June 2016 - 02:23 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 53 battles

View PostMarlekin, on 22 June 2016 - 01:54 PM, said:

As far as premium creditgrinders go, the Rev is one of the cheapest tier 8 that makes good credits. Vbaddict puts it at #5 on net income, above the Lowe and CDC. Despite what some think about this tank (Hi Fluffsy!) thats a very respectable spot to be in. 

The net income is great i agree. but net income does not make a premium tank great. its how it performs and this is actually performing worse than CDC and Lowe! YES! LOWE IS BETTER!

Win% all time:

Lowe 48.22%

CDC 49.27%

M4 Rev 47.42%

http://wot-news.com/...ankinfo/en/eu   check for yourself.

Edit: just for a laugh.... Type 59 - 51.50%  Balanced much?

Edited by Fluffy_The_Destroyer, 22 June 2016 - 02:25 PM.

Marlekin #13 Posted 22 June 2016 - 02:25 PM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 33437 battles
I am aware of this. However, for a far tier 8 creditgrinders go the Rev remains a solid choice. 

Fluffy_The_Destroyer #14 Posted 22 June 2016 - 02:36 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 53 battles

View PostMarlekin, on 22 June 2016 - 02:25 PM, said:

I am aware of this. However, for a far tier 8 creditgrinders go the Rev remains a solid choice. 

I wouldent say "solid" mainly due to the poor pen and being APCR doubles that. solid would be tanks that dont require gold to reliably pen its own tier.

Marlekin #15 Posted 22 June 2016 - 04:28 PM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 33437 battles

View PostFluffy_The_Destroyer, on 22 June 2016 - 02:36 PM, said:

I wouldent say "solid" mainly due to the poor pen and being APCR doubles that. solid would be tanks that dont require gold to reliably pen its own tier.

You could say that.

Its an open forum, after all.

I would however say, that its pen is plenty good to pen its own tier. I know it is, as I've used it myself and found the tank to be an excellent creditmaking machine. I would also point out that if the tank itself needed gold to "reliably pen its own tier", as you put it, that it would be nowhere near the top 5 of vbaddict's best earning premium tanks. If there is one thing that all the best creditgrinders have in common, its that they all have good guns for their tier. Everything that I've experienced by playing this tank, and the submitted results by players on vbaddict seem to disagree with you entirely. This tank has clearly already established itself as a good creditgrinder

Fluffy_The_Destroyer #16 Posted 22 June 2016 - 08:07 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 53 battles

View PostMarlekin, on 22 June 2016 - 04:28 PM, said:

You could say that.

Its an open forum, after all.

I would however say, that its pen is plenty good to pen its own tier. I know it is, as I've used it myself and found the tank to be an excellent creditmaking machine. I would also point out that if the tank itself needed gold to "reliably pen its own tier", as you put it, that it would be nowhere near the top 5 of vbaddict's best earning premium tanks. If there is one thing that all the best creditgrinders have in common, its that they all have good guns for their tier. Everything that I've experienced by playing this tank, and the submitted results by players on vbaddict seem to disagree with you entirely. This tank has clearly already established itself as a good creditgrinder

Maybe in the hands of a blue player+. not in the hands of tomatos. i say the pen is bad mainly due to it cannot reliably pen THEM tanks, bias-3 and bias-6 without gold.. gold ammo which i might add is very poor to say T-34-3 has the same pen while having preff.

Marlekin #17 Posted 22 June 2016 - 11:11 PM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 33437 battles

View PostFluffy_The_Destroyer, on 22 June 2016 - 08:07 PM, said:

Maybe in the hands of a blue player+. not in the hands of tomatos. 

Given the tank's high moneymaking stats on vbaddict, plus what you're saying would mean that everyone who uploads to vbaddict is a bluenicum or better. I dont know if you spend time on the vbaddict forums, but many players there are just your typical tomato, potato or green just like here. (But they are good with spreadsheets). So the Rev only performing well on bluenicum+ players, that simply cannot be correct. 

View PostFluffy_The_Destroyer, on 22 June 2016 - 08:07 PM, said:

i say the pen is bad mainly due to it cannot reliably pen THEM tanks, bias-3 and bias-6 without gold.. 

Not even bias-3 can reliably pen another bias-3 all the time. The same goes for the bias-6. There is always going to be an rng element involved, no matter how you slice things. But as I mentioned, the Rev gun is more than good enough to work as a tier 8, facing tier 8. If it wasnt, it could never be the moneymaking tank it is today. Hence, its a solid choice for players looking for a creditmaking premium. 

Fluffy_The_Destroyer #18 Posted 23 June 2016 - 03:20 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 53 battles

View PostMarlekin, on 22 June 2016 - 11:11 PM, said:

Given the tank's high moneymaking stats on vbaddict, plus what you're saying would mean that everyone who uploads to vbaddict is a bluenicum or better. I dont know if you spend time on the vbaddict forums, but many players there are just your typical tomato, potato or green just like here. (But they are good with spreadsheets). So the Rev only performing well on bluenicum+ players, that simply cannot be correct. 

Not even bias-3 can reliably pen another bias-3 all the time. The same goes for the bias-6. There is always going to be an rng element involved, no matter how you slice things. But as I mentioned, the Rev gun is more than good enough to work as a tier 8, facing tier 8. If it wasnt, it could never be the moneymaking tank it is today. Hence, its a solid choice for players looking for a creditmaking premium. 

Id say the tank requires decent hands to gain a decent enough credits that they could make probably more in, say.. the Bias-6 with its tomato armor protection. a tomato in a M4 Rev wont handle it well and get off 1-3 max shots and die. he will make credits ether way but they will be less of an asset to the team due to not being a friendly tank.

MustrumRidcully #19 Posted 23 June 2016 - 07:38 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 15136 battles
  • [T4C] T4C
I think the main issues is the "hook". Almost every tank does something well. I appreciate i'm way off being a good player, but I dont do too badly with numerous other tanks. The Rev. though I constantly struggle with. I try to play as a TD and snipe but the pen at distance is unreliable. As a support tank the reload will get you killed very quickly because you can get pounced on by a proper medium. The mobility isnt at any kind of level to allow relocaton in a hurry. So, I play it, end up in a Tier 9-10 battle and wonder exactly how to contribute. That sense of frustration makes me wonder why I continue to play it. I have a CDC too and dislike it, but weirly enjoy my Mutz. I'd appreciate someone explaining what this tank has going for it because I just dont get it.

Marlekin #20 Posted 23 June 2016 - 10:59 AM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 33437 battles

View PostFluffy_The_Destroyer, on 23 June 2016 - 03:20 AM, said:

Id say the tank requires decent hands to gain a decent enough credits that they could make probably more in, say.. the Bias-6 with its tomato armor protection.

Again, the numbers are completely against you. The IS-6/bias-6 is one of the tier 8 premiums that does cost top dollar but brings a gun with pathetic penetration. This is the cause for it actually making less credits than some tier 6 and 5 premium tanks. As a creditgrinder, the IS-6 is a dodgy choice. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users