M4A1 Revalorisé - Do you regret it?

M4 Rev M4 Revalorisé Super sherman Sherman M-51 Isherman Revioli

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

Poll: M4 Revioli (244 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Do you regret buying it?

1. Voted Yes (88 votes [36.07%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 36.07%

2. Voted No (156 votes [63.93%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 63.93%

What would you change?

1. Voted Pen (117 votes [36.45%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 36.45%

2. Aim time (46 votes [14.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.33%

3. Voted Better mobility (82 votes [25.55%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.55%

4. Voted Overall soft stats (47 votes [14.64%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.64%

5. Other (29 votes [9.03%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.03%

Vote Hide poll

Major_Tankosic #21 Posted 23 June 2016 - 12:31 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 47952 battles
  • [_PRC_] _PRC_

View PostFluffy_The_Destroyer, on 22 June 2016 - 01:21 PM, said:

1. "gun hurts, shells are fast and pen most target" so does IS-3A with better pen, near same velocity of shells and same alpha.

I never compared M4 Revolution to IS-3A, mate. If anything, IS-3A can't train French medium crews. 

2.  gundep on M4 is crap due to the shape or the tall hull. touch a bump and it feels like -3 china gundep.

As I've said, use it to it's strengths. None of the tanks can have every stat good. M4 Rotation is full or restraints. Still, as famous Russian film director Tarkovsky said: "Without limitations, you can't have art". SirFoch hated this tank at first, now he has 3 Marks of Excellence and loves it. Go figure.

3. "you cant rush it so you wont die quick" thats such a sh*tty way of saying "bad players who rush in this tank wont die as fast", but to me it sounds like "good players who use higher speeds effectively arent allowed it because of tomatos." based on your logic.

I said what I've meant. Batchat and AMX CDC are paper plated, extremely fast tanks and you need to learn not to be drawn into action too soon because of your high speed. How many Batchats dying in first 60 seconds have you seen? M4 Romulan is even worse, since it has crappy armor and no speed. Good thing is, you don't have to restrain yourself from dying early in the game. You can't make to the shooting squad fast enough. 

4. its actually 10.80 seconds. rounded up to nearest digit.. its 11 seconds. so no its not 10 seconds. 10 would be too fair for this poor dpm tank with no preff and crappy pen/apcr crapshoot.

Oh my mistake, that is a huge difference, indeed. By the way, DPM does not mean a thing. T49 has much worse DPM with 152 mm derp but still, 99% of players use that gun instead of first gun. Also, DPM is always better with HE rounds and huge majority of people rarely use them. Heck, when someone shoots you with HE, you most often think "What a noob!". So yeah, DPM does not mean a sh#t. 

5. Mediums CAN and DO carry games. what rock you been living under? you seen higher tiers recently? mediums are dominating. but they have something else to be competative, SPEED and firepower with better DPM, M4 Rev devistate the enemy? good luck when you fire that gun and your camo reduced to 0 because of the crap base camo it has. good luck penning anything tier 9, hell you cant even reliably pen IS-3 or 6 with that gun (that gun is from a tier 10 batchat!!)

Bah, it all depends. Have you ever seen mediums rushing the Death Alley in Himelsdorf? No, neither do I for my 38+ thousand games. Mediums are flankers and support tanks. Heavy tanks go where armor and firepower is needed, with some TDs as well. 

In the end, if you do not like M4 Rustic, do not buy it. Now that was easy, wasn't it?

Edited by Major_Tankosic, 23 June 2016 - 12:35 PM.

____prophet____ #22 Posted 23 June 2016 - 12:58 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27977 battles

It's a bad tank.

Has no mobility.

Has no armor.

Has long aim time.

Has low penetration.

Has long reload.

Has bad gun depression.

Has extremely weak modules.

Basically you have to snipe (hard because of loooong aim time) or support front line tanks (hard because of low pen and long reload and lack of mobility). 200 pen APCR would be manageable if there was nice gun handling. The problem is you cannot flank anything to help with that low pen, because you are slower than some same-tier heavies. 

It's also extremely unforgiving to play; let's say you try to support your team but they bail out on you. You die because you cannot fight anything 1 vs 1 and neither can you relocate because you're so damn slow. And that low pen is a real problem facing enemies head on because you can't pen reliably anything that has real frontal armor. It's an RNG tank and a support tank that's bad at supporting. I find the best thing usually is to find hard cover, stay close to your heavies and peekaboo when enemies are reloading. You can't really play the medium tank role because of the extreme lack of mobility. If you do get lucky and enemy team are full of soft targets, then you can have some fun with that 390 alpha. 

But the bottom line is this: Compare the M4 Rev to an IS-3A and see if the Rev has ANYTHING meaningful that the IS-3A doesn't...

Edited by alisuorittaja, 23 June 2016 - 06:43 PM.

Fluffy_The_Destroyer #23 Posted 23 June 2016 - 04:44 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 53 battles

View PostMajor_Tankosic, on 23 June 2016 - 12:31 PM, said:

In the end, if you do not like M4 Rustic, do not buy it. Now that was easy, wasn't it?

"I said what I've meant. Batchat and AMX CDC are paper plated, extremely fast tanks and you need to learn not to be drawn into action too soon because of your high speed"

Thats the persons fault, not the tanks. you could have a 100+KMH tank and live to see the end of the battle becuase a noob is a noob and a pro is a pro. one lives one dies and its not the tanks fault.

Anything this can do. IS-3A does better.

Major_Tankosic #24 Posted 23 June 2016 - 06:23 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 47952 battles
  • [_PRC_] _PRC_

View PostFluffy_The_Destroyer, on 23 June 2016 - 04:44 PM, said:

"I said what I've meant. Batchat and AMX CDC are paper plated, extremely fast tanks and you need to learn not to be drawn into action too soon because of your high speed"

Thats the persons fault, not the tanks. you could have a 100+KMH tank and live to see the end of the battle becuase a noob is a noob and a pro is a pro. one lives one dies and its not the tanks fault.

Anything this can do. IS-3A does better.

Please read my posts before replying. You seem like a person that is more willing to fight on forums instead of sustaining a constructive discussion.

____prophet____ #25 Posted 23 June 2016 - 06:39 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27977 battles

View PostMajor_Tankosic, on 23 June 2016 - 06:23 PM, said:

Please read my posts before replying. You seem like a person that is more willing to fight on forums instead of sustaining a constructive discussion.

You claim others aren't having a constructive discussion yet you yourself say DPM doesn't matter? Are you for real?

Waqan #26 Posted 23 June 2016 - 06:42 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 15272 battles

View Postalisuorittaja, on 23 June 2016 - 11:58 AM, said:

But the bottom line is this: Compare the M4 Rev to an IS-3A and see if the Rev has ANYTHING meaningful that the IS-3A doesn't...

Rev is cheaper and probably makes more credits, non besides that. 

But is3 and is3a are just broken russian tanks that shi* on every one else, so why compare them to the Rev?

As premium tanks go the Rev is too unique, like the Sp, its not a real Mt, the Charioteer would be a better comparison, Charioteer as a TD/MT hybrid and the Rev as a MT/TD hybrid

Edited by Waqan, 23 June 2016 - 07:04 PM.

Fluffy_The_Destroyer #27 Posted 23 June 2016 - 10:33 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 53 battles

View PostWaqan, on 23 June 2016 - 06:42 PM, said:

Rev is cheaper and probably makes more credits, non besides that. 

But is3 and is3a are just broken russian tanks that shi* on every one else, so why compare them to the Rev?

As premium tanks go the Rev is too unique, like the Sp, its not a real Mt, the Charioteer would be a better comparison, Charioteer as a TD/MT hybrid and the Rev as a MT/TD hybrid

Whats unique about M4 Rev? the fact its got nothing going for it or the fact that its a worse IS-3A? T-34-3 is better and it has preff. im seriouse. whats unique? dont say "the gun" as thats crap, the hull/turret is teir 5 and the thing is like a snail. so "unique"

Or is unique another word for "its sh*t"

Major_Tankosic #28 Posted 24 June 2016 - 06:31 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 47952 battles
  • [_PRC_] _PRC_

View Postalisuorittaja, on 23 June 2016 - 06:39 PM, said:

You claim others aren't having a constructive discussion yet you yourself say DPM doesn't matter? Are you for real?

Constructive discussion means that you listen/read everything the other person have said. You also do not read properly other people's comments. When I have said that DPM is not important, I elaborated. If you want to be constructive, give me your arguments, do not throw slogans at me.

____prophet____ #29 Posted 29 June 2016 - 06:43 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27977 battles

View PostMajor_Tankosic, on 24 June 2016 - 06:31 AM, said:

Constructive discussion means that you listen/read everything the other person have said. You also do not read properly other people's comments. When I have said that DPM is not important, I elaborated. If you want to be constructive, give me your arguments, do not throw slogans at me.

DPM is very close to being THE most important thing on a tank. Alpha damage is even more important, but only when combined with competitive DPM. Whoever says DPM doesn't matter is not thinking straight. Even if we forget all higher level gameplay elements and cut it down to a simple duel between two tanks: even just 0.5 seconds difference in reload time between two tanks is a difference of life and death. What's more, higher DPM will nearly always yield less HP spent when trading shots. And everyone needs to trade shots sometimes. The statement "alpha is king" is only true if it's not gimped down by a 30-second reload. Tanks with big alpha but bad DPM can be nasty to face, but they will never be competitive against tanks with more DPM. There are dozens of scenarios where DPM matters a lot. I won't make a long list here, but they all correlate with winning games...

Your example of the T49. It's not that the small gun is bad, it's that 99% of players are CHEAP and don't want to spend the credits to make the small gun perform (don't want to shoot premium ammo).

Edited by alisuorittaja, 29 June 2016 - 06:48 PM.

KillSlim #30 Posted 12 July 2016 - 04:17 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 15436 battles
Garbage tank, sold, became completely sick of it. It's supposed to have a punishing gun but it's not good enough, if it were I would forgive everything else.

Akathis #31 Posted 15 July 2016 - 12:31 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 80095 battles

This tank it is inferior to is3a, it is obvious. But the issue is that IS series is completely broken at the moment.

Ideal way of use: you stick to other team mates, away from enemy attention, you shoot distracted enemies for 330-420 alpha and retreat.

Anything else, is a bad idea.

I used to hate this tank, but now that spershing and t34-3 are even more shittier at credit generation given the matches are flooded with is series tanks (that those can not penetrate with standard ammo), this tank has become my most played. Only thing it should need is way better mobility.

roachex #32 Posted 31 July 2016 - 09:35 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20496 battles
  • [RIGA] RIGA
Premium tank main qualities - credit grinding & nation crew training. Why you even compare a french premium to a USSR or chinese? It is pointless, as they can not provide french crew training.

A french single shot turreted tank with 390 alpha is not common. Shitty gun handling is common to AMX mle series, you can get use to it (as a french tech player).

DPM is obsolete if you can not survive exposure time, or you are not in a dogfight. Support tanks often needs acc, dispersion & pen more then alpha & dpm. The real DPM - how many shots actually pen within a minute - is important.

This tank looks original for french line (despite that it is a sherman..).

Q is - this tank or CDC? Does it gives more credits, trains crews better & is more fun? I have FCM, and i like it. But with these french meds, i hesitate.

leggasiini #33 Posted 31 July 2016 - 09:55 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 15394 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

Tbh if you have FCM i dont see real reason to get CDC. CDC is more or less same thing that is bit faster but has armor that is penned by literally everything (including HE) and full MM. 

Revalorise has does pretty well credits, because 1) its prem ammo kinda sucks 2) cheap ammo 3) higher alpha = lower exposure for damage dealt = generally higher DPG = more credits. Revalorise has very odd playstyle which needs some time to get used on. I personally like it; my only major complaint is pretty weak penetration, which can be problem on tier 10 matches. If it just had 225/280 pen it would be awesome. Preff mm is too much to ask since WG is now avoiding to bring oref mm tenks completely.

Waqan #34 Posted 01 August 2016 - 11:34 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 15272 battles

View Postroachex, on 31 July 2016 - 08:35 PM, said:

Q is - this tank or CDC? Does it gives more credits, trains crews better & is more fun? I have FCM, and i like it. But with these french meds, i hesitate.

I also have the FCM and i went for the rev because it is a completely different tank, the cdc is to similar, you will like the cdc the rev i really don't know it depends on your play style . It feats mine scumy style of trading your teammates Hp for dmg.

View Postleggasiini, on 31 July 2016 - 08:55 PM, said:

If it just had 225/280 pen it would be awesome. Preff mm is too much to ask since WG is now avoiding to bring oref mm tenks completely.

Amen to that, a simple but effective buff

I also would love to see some Isreali camos/markings 

Edited by Waqan, 01 August 2016 - 11:39 AM.

haatto #35 Posted 01 August 2016 - 02:47 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 20551 battles
  • [TR-U] TR-U
after many games just telling DONT buy it !

TinCanCrusher #36 Posted 13 August 2016 - 08:15 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 37544 battles
  • [S-GST] S-GST
Don't know what you're whining about? M4A1 Rev is great fun and a really good credit maker. Sure, it's slow like the american SP but instead of great armor and so-so gun this has so-so armor and a great gun. It also makes nice xp's so it's also a good crew trainer. There are way worse premium tanks in the game than this one. That's for sure.

Edited by TinCanCrusher, 14 August 2016 - 02:36 PM.

Fluffy_The_Destroyer #37 Posted 14 August 2016 - 11:04 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 53 battles

View PostTinCanCrusher, on 13 August 2016 - 08:15 PM, said:

Don't know what you're whining about? M41 Rev is great fun and a really good credit maker. Sure, it's slow like the american SP but instead of great armor and so-so gun this has so-so armor and a great gun. It also makes nice xp's so it's also a good crew trainer. There are way worse premium tanks in the game than this one. That's for sure.

Low pen APCR on a tier 5 shell with garbage mobility. gee wonder why people complain. 250heat on a none preff to boot! same pen as T-34-3 who keeps preff. Id rather play Super Pershing as its gold ammo is amazing AND apcr. Spershing works. this trashcan does not.

Edited by Fluffy_The_Destroyer, 14 August 2016 - 11:05 AM.

TinCanCrusher #38 Posted 14 August 2016 - 02:02 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 37544 battles
  • [S-GST] S-GST

View PostFluffy_The_Destroyer, on 14 August 2016 - 11:04 AM, said:

Low pen APCR on a tier 5 shell with garbage mobility. gee wonder why people complain. 250heat on a none preff to boot! same pen as T-34-3 who keeps preff. Id rather play Super Pershing as its gold ammo is amazing AND apcr. Spershing works. this trashcan does not.

Well, I guess it's up to how you play it? I have no problem with it and it works fine for me. It has the same speed and mobility as SP but with much better standard shells/alpha/DPM than most other comparable tanks and since the APCR shell speed is awesome it works great as a mid-range sniper. Prem ammo has mostly the same stats as others but I don't buy a premium tank to spend credits on gold ammo. (Or, at least, I rather not).

Edited by TinCanCrusher, 14 August 2016 - 02:03 PM.

Fluffy_The_Destroyer #39 Posted 14 August 2016 - 02:11 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 53 battles

View PostTinCanCrusher, on 14 August 2016 - 02:02 PM, said:

Well, I guess it's up to how you play it? I have no problem with it and it works fine for me. It has the same speed and mobility as SP but with much better standard shells/alpha/DPM than most other comparable tanks and since the APCR shell speed is awesome it works great as a mid-range sniper. Prem ammo has mostly the same stats as others but I don't buy a premium tank to spend credits on gold ammo. (Or, at least, I rather not).

You played it for 12 battles and suddenly a master of understanding a tank now? k, most played tank at tier 8 is your Spershing then T34. i have a Ace Mastery on mine, you dont. im telling you this M4 Rev is a trashcan with crap pen for such horrible downsides. its FV4202p levels of terribad but only thing saving M4 Rev is alpha. thats it.

Edited by Fluffy_The_Destroyer, 14 August 2016 - 02:11 PM.

TinCanCrusher #40 Posted 14 August 2016 - 02:27 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 37544 battles
  • [S-GST] S-GST

View PostFluffy_The_Destroyer, on 14 August 2016 - 02:11 PM, said:

You played it for 12 battles and suddenly a master of understanding a tank now? k, most played tank at tier 8 is your Spershing then T34. i have a Ace Mastery on mine, you dont. im telling you this M4 Rev is a trashcan with crap pen for such horrible downsides. its FV4202p levels of terribad but only thing saving M4 Rev is alpha. thats it.

Man, you do have some sort of complex, don't you? Does it really bother your narrow mind that much that someone actually enjoys this tank? Also, why don't you have balls enough to post here on the forum with your real account name? Isn't that a bit pathetic and childish?

Enjoy your desktop battles little man. Hope your great stats makes you feel big, awesome and importent.

P.S. I played SP when I started in WoT. Sold it and haven't played it for years. 

Edited by TinCanCrusher, 14 August 2016 - 02:32 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users