Jump to content


Gaming room - help me fellas!


  • Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Poll: changes (1 member has cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Should I change stuff?

  1. Yep - stuff missing (1 vote [100.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 100.00%

  2. Nope - all good (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Hide poll

USSR89 #1 Posted 31 May 2016 - 03:30 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 10941 battles
  • 141
  • Member since:
    09-12-2014
Help me out guys/gals!

I am building a house and I have made our bedroom smaller (GF angry lel) so I could have bigger gaming room! huehue 

Size of the room is now 5x4 meters (was supposed to be like 3.5x4)

Here is what I currently planned and it is all subject to change except the position of the projector.
 
Spoiler


this is my current setup I wish to get rid of that big table and have the tv's and monitors set up in the air on metal stand (big) with a small table for mouse and keyboard + cup holder or something, gf has a more normal setup since she doesn't rly care about 5760x1080 pixels.

 

Spoiler


the projection screen is 135" (inches) that means it is 3 meters wide (it will cover the windows when you pull it down) and the projector is full HD DLP BenQ + has active 3D for movies.
 

I feel like the room is missing something...  the red thing on the right wall is wallpaper it will be 220x400 cm in size and it should be this one: 
Spoiler

Help me out!

Element6_TheSprout #2 Posted 31 May 2016 - 03:45 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 28962 battles
  • 10,225
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    01-06-2013
I'll help you out once the envy has worn off :P

rustysprite #3 Posted 31 May 2016 - 03:50 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 21764 battles
  • 2,397
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    03-18-2012
Not enough fish...

USSR89 #4 Posted 31 May 2016 - 03:54 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 10941 battles
  • 141
  • Member since:
    09-12-2014

View PostElement6, on 31 May 2016 - 03:45 PM, said:

I'll help you out once the envy has worn off :P

oh c'mon!

 

View Postrustysprite, on 31 May 2016 - 03:50 PM, said:

Not enough fish...

 

Fish are going to be in the living room - 1215 liter 225x90x60 cm aquarium, either with a school of silver dollars combined with 1 silver arowana or silver dollars and oscars, depends on water quality.



rustysprite #5 Posted 31 May 2016 - 04:13 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 21764 battles
  • 2,397
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    03-18-2012

Seriously though...

 

Think long and hard about the lighting (its my job... believe me)

It makes all the difference to any well thought out interior design

With todays LED technology you should be able to come up with some great ideas

 

A couple of images just to give you ideas...

 

 

 



Ulfhedinn_ #6 Posted 31 May 2016 - 06:19 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 48246 battles
  • 7,041
  • Member since:
    05-02-2013

A big picture of a demon? :-) Why don't you have a big picture of a tree in a field or copse or something, or just of the sea, like it's actually not a wall but is straight outside, giving you, your sub-conscious head space / calm & focus. Your girlfriend might prefer that too, might appease her that she's making sacrifices for your gaming room, make it a space she'd feel comfortable in too, might make her less likely to object overall in the long-term, which may not be there now but could catch up? Maybe she could decide that picture completely herself, her idea?

 

Personally, over long-term I don't think things like big pictures of a demon behind you being reinforced into your head all the time is particularly healthy. Perhaps you need a feng shui consultant? :-)

 

edit - if I understand correctly and that picture is for whole wall & big, personally I'd have a seascape with longships on, head on so like coming toward you or leaving, at a distance so mainly just the sails, so a suggestion that draws you in rather than overwhelms / dominates (and cool varied blues with small sails as splash of colour, so not too strong / dark for whole wall but still interesting. Although painting / art rather than photo approach as per your demon picture, but imo, something maybe real / mature that won't date as you do & as your tastes might change?


Edited by Ulfhedinn_, 31 May 2016 - 06:30 PM.


USSR89 #7 Posted 31 May 2016 - 10:32 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 10941 battles
  • 141
  • Member since:
    09-12-2014

View Postrustysprite, on 31 May 2016 - 04:13 PM, said:

Seriously though...

 

Think long and hard about the lighting (its my job... believe me)

It makes all the difference to any well thought out interior design

With todays LED technology you should be able to come up with some great ideas

 

A couple of images just to give you ideas...

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hello,

 

i have no clue how I'd have the lights made, all those are very nice, but they require something like fake ceiling or other things done to the room which i am unsure of.. will have to think it trough more ofc.

 

 

 

View PostUlfhedinn_, on 31 May 2016 - 06:19 PM, said:

A big picture of a demon? :-) Why don't you have a big picture of a tree in a field or copse or something, or just of the sea, like it's actually not a wall but is straight outside, giving you, your sub-conscious head space / calm & focus. Your girlfriend might prefer that too, might appease her that she's making sacrifices for your gaming room, make it a space she'd feel comfortable in too, might make her less likely to object overall in the long-term, which may not be there now but could catch up? Maybe she could decide that picture completely herself, her idea?

 

Personally, over long-term I don't think things like big pictures of a demon behind you being reinforced into your head all the time is particularly healthy. Perhaps you need a feng shui consultant? :-)

 

edit - if I understand correctly and that picture is for whole wall & big, personally I'd have a seascape with longships on, head on so like coming toward you or leaving, at a distance so mainly just the sails, so a suggestion that draws you in rather than overwhelms / dominates (and cool varied blues with small sails as splash of colour, so not too strong / dark for whole wall but still interesting. Although painting / art rather than photo approach as per your demon picture, but imo, something maybe real / mature that won't date as you do & as your tastes might change?

 

 

Hello,

 

this is a gaming room that I'm making. I like demons, I like games where heads fly and blood bursts etc. etc. you get the idea, so a picture of the demon is definitely not something that would have negative effect on me.

 

Girlfriend is in charge of the bedroom & other place of the house - gaming room is up to me.

 

Nope feng-shui consultant not needed as I don't really care about the yin and yang ideology.

 

My father likes sailing, that might be good idea for him. - not me.

 

So to wrap it up: I don't mind changing the picture, but I did not find anything else that would interest me yet. And yes it will be 220x400 cm ish - whole wall. Not interested in landscape. It has to be related to gaming - games ideally the ones I play. (picture is game of game called Witcher 3)

 

 

thanks for the input, both of you

Cheers



TsundereWaffle #8 Posted 31 May 2016 - 10:35 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 26273 battles
  • 10,863
  • [LEWD] LEWD
  • Member since:
    03-31-2013
This topic made me wet...

Ulfhedinn_ #9 Posted 31 May 2016 - 11:13 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 48246 battles
  • 7,041
  • Member since:
    05-02-2013

View PostUSSR89, on 31 May 2016 - 09:32 PM, said:

Hello,

this is a gaming room that I'm making. I like demons, I like games where heads fly and blood bursts etc. etc. you get the idea, so a picture of the demon is definitely not something that would have negative effect on me.

Girlfriend is in charge of the bedroom & other place of the house - gaming room is up to me.

Nope feng-shui consultant not needed as I don't really care about the yin and yang ideology.

My father likes sailing, that might be good idea for him. - not me.

So to wrap it up: I don't mind changing the picture, but I did not find anything else that would interest me yet. And yes it will be 220x400 cm ish - whole wall. Not interested in landscape. It has to be related to gaming - games ideally the ones I play. (picture is game of game called Witcher 3)

 

thanks for the input, both of you

Cheers

 

Cool, the Feng Shui was a joke though, I know nothing about it except they have floating beds, on string, and other furniture. And I don't mind Demons either btw, but imo they're better kept in front of you :-)


Edited by Ulfhedinn_, 31 May 2016 - 11:14 PM.


Xino9922 #10 Posted 01 June 2016 - 07:29 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 16016 battles
  • 4,732
  • [LEWD] LEWD
  • Member since:
    02-13-2011

Well, this is way over my head.... as I am happy as long as I have somewhere to stick my PC...

 

Not enough cats as per my opinion, as every gaming room need at least one place for the cat to relax while watching you play video games (at least that's what my old cat did)...



USSR89 #11 Posted 01 June 2016 - 09:08 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 10941 battles
  • 141
  • Member since:
    09-12-2014

View PostWafflePanzer, on 31 May 2016 - 10:35 PM, said:

This topic made me wet...

:girl:

View PostUlfhedinn_, on 31 May 2016 - 11:13 PM, said:

 

Cool, the Feng Shui was a joke though, I know nothing about it except they have floating beds, on string, and other furniture. And I don't mind Demons either btw, but imo they're better kept in front of you :-)

I took it seriously ;D

 

Well if I put it onto the other wall it will be partially covered by stuff :/

 

 

View PostXino9922, on 01 June 2016 - 07:29 AM, said:

Well, this is way over my head.... as I am happy as long as I have somewhere to stick my PC...

 

Not enough cats as per my opinion, as every gaming room need at least one place for the cat to relax while watching you play video games (at least that's what my old cat did)...

 

no catz!:justwait:



sabresteel #12 Posted 01 June 2016 - 11:55 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 15152 battles
  • 1,215
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    10-29-2011

Serious advice..

 

Look at the different throw ranges (not sure of technical term) of the projectors you are thinking about getting.

 

You should (unless you are unlucky) be able to find one that will project an image the entire width of the far wall and from top of the wall to about 70cm off the bottom if you project down the longest length of the rooom.

 

If the projector is near the ceiling you should be able to get a chair you can move to the centre of the room and not cast a shadow with your head (this is why you cant project right to bottom of wall)

 

Ideally the chair will have a very wide arm rest, wide enough to take a mouse mat and you can rest keyboard on your lap.

 

You don't need a screen for the projector and modern ones will even colour adapt for off white colours (ours is magnolia).

 

This is setup i have and is epic :)

 



USSR89 #13 Posted 01 June 2016 - 01:08 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 10941 battles
  • 141
  • Member since:
    09-12-2014

View Postsabresteel, on 01 June 2016 - 11:55 AM, said:

Serious advice..

 

Look at the different throw ranges (not sure of technical term) of the projectors you are thinking about getting.

 

You should (unless you are unlucky) be able to find one that will project an image the entire width of the far wall and from top of the wall to about 70cm off the bottom if you project down the longest length of the rooom.

 

If the projector is near the ceiling you should be able to get a chair you can move to the centre of the room and not cast a shadow with your head (this is why you cant project right to bottom of wall)

 

Ideally the chair will have a very wide arm rest, wide enough to take a mouse mat and you can rest keyboard on your lap.

 

You don't need a screen for the projector and modern ones will even colour adapt for off white colours (ours is magnolia).

 

This is setup i have and is epic :)

 

 

Hello there!

 

I already have the projector for about 2 years. It's a BenQ W1070 3D ready full hd dlp projector. I have a 135 inch (3 meters ish wide) projection screen that is mounted to the ceiling and also the PJ itself is mounted to the ceiling. The throw range has been calculated. Before I had it around 4.5 meters this time it should be around 3.8 which is still within the limits. I have also played games on this PJ in normal full HD and in 3D mode using TriDef from my PC.

 

These are some photos from when I had it in my other flat.. Now i cannot install the thing, since i'm not allowed to mount anything to the walls ^^

 

Good old days of 7-8 hrs usage per day ^^

 

Spoiler

 



sabresteel #14 Posted 01 June 2016 - 03:03 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 15152 battles
  • 1,215
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    10-29-2011

View PostUSSR89, on 01 June 2016 - 12:08 PM, said:

 

Hello there!

 

I already have the projector for about 2 years. It's a BenQ W1070 3D ready full hd dlp projector. I have a 135 inch (3 meters ish wide) projection screen that is mounted to the ceiling and also the PJ itself is mounted to the ceiling. The throw range has been calculated. Before I had it around 4.5 meters this time it should be around 3.8 which is still within the limits. I have also played games on this PJ in normal full HD and in 3D mode using TriDef from my PC.

 

These are some photos from when I had it in my other flat.. Now i cannot install the thing, since i'm not allowed to mount anything to the walls ^^

 

Good old days of 7-8 hrs usage per day ^^

 

Spoiler

 

 

 Very nice!

 

Projector was best thing I ever got... moved from a truely naff laptop for gaming to full wall to wall... you dont really need it for wot... although I guess it helps you hit the weak spots :) but on games like elite dangerous, dirt 3 and dayz with 3d vision its fantastic and its like flicking a switch and the wall disappears and is replaced by the gaming world. Is also great for movie nights and was cheaper than a mid range lcd or plasma :)



USSR89 #15 Posted 01 June 2016 - 09:33 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 10941 battles
  • 141
  • Member since:
    09-12-2014

View Postsabresteel, on 01 June 2016 - 03:03 PM, said:

 

 Very nice!

 

Projector was best thing I ever got... moved from a truely naff laptop for gaming to full wall to wall... you dont really need it for wot... although I guess it helps you hit the weak spots :) but on games like elite dangerous, dirt 3 and dayz with 3d vision its fantastic and its like flicking a switch and the wall disappears and is replaced by the gaming world. Is also great for movie nights and was cheaper than a mid range lcd or plasma :)

 

 

i moved from one 21" monitor to 24" and 21" then added my 19" then i bought two 27" then I bought a 40" inch TV and had it up with two 27" .. then i bought another TV and had 2x 40" TVs and 2 27" then i sold the 27 and had only TV!S then I sold the TV's bought new 40" same model, small bezels and 2 ips led 27" xD and that is my current setup

 

in between i had the projector connected.. and tried both, gaming on TVs and on PJ.. but basically 5760x1080 3x40" TV's > one 1920x1080 PJ... ^^so that is why I will use my PJ only for movies.

 



ExclamationMark #16 Posted 02 June 2016 - 11:56 AM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 16679 battles
  • 3,727
  • Member since:
    04-12-2013

*hnnggggh*

All them monitors Kreygasm

(That's all I came here to say, sorry :hiding:)



USSR89 #17 Posted 03 June 2016 - 10:40 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 10941 battles
  • 141
  • Member since:
    09-12-2014

View PostExclamationMark, on 02 June 2016 - 11:56 AM, said:

*hnnggggh*

All them monitors Kreygasm

(That's all I came here to say, sorry :hiding:)

 

I had to google what that means.. :D




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users