Special: Operation Overlord

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

Defrontier #81 Posted 06 June 2016 - 08:16 PM

Private

• Player
  • 15240 battles
The "Outnumbered and Outgunned" mission seems bugged. Just killed T29 in 1390 and finished top on experience, but the post-battle windows shows "No progress in missions..." and the counter still sits at 3/30.

ehall9149 #82 Posted 06 June 2016 - 09:34 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10069 battles

View PostGremlin182, on 03 June 2016 - 04:38 PM, said:

Checking out some premiums I have considered getting in the past so threw them into tanks GG to get an overview of their stats.

Looking at the VK4503, Panther 88, M4A1 Revalorise, Scorpion and one I rejected in the past the Kanonenjagdpanzer

I am even more tempted by the Scorpion as its penetration is better than all but the Kanonen and its premium pen is way better than them all at 275.

Think I am about to be £15 down ;)

I also noticed a couple of as yet unreleased TDS the Rheinmetal Skorpion and the Krupp Steyr Waffentrager that look interesting.

http://tanks.gg/wot/...r-wt.c:scorpion

edit

OK I bought the basic Scorpion package and put my best spare crew on it.

So im starting with 2 skills have sixth sense and camo.

Since I am going to be spending more time sniping from positions I went with Rammer Binoculars and a camo net.

Also added some temp camo paint.

3 games 3 wins not especially excelling in any of them just a couple of kills is all.

Thoughts

Gun seems unreliable at long range missed several fully aimed shots at stationary targets at around 250-300 metres

Aim time is good but the bloom when moving or traversing is annoying you will not be shooting on the move with it and even tracking a target just moving the gun is not fantastic.

Forward speed is decent enough turning is average reverse speed is ok

Camo I'm really not sure about this yet as I had 3 open maps 2 desert one summer I was well able to hide on the summer map but the desert I was spotted a lot.

Only had summer paint so maybe that's it.

Anyway pretty good with a couple of things I would like improving but its early days I could love or hate it by next week.

I have owned the kanonenjagdpanzer since it came out, I loved it then and I love it now, it has great camo, good pen since it was buffed and people always ask about the tank as they dont see it much

Defrontier #83 Posted 06 June 2016 - 11:54 PM

Private

• Player
  • 15240 battles

View PostDefrontier, on 06 June 2016 - 07:16 PM, said:

The "Outnumbered and Outgunned" mission seems bugged. Just killed T29 in 1390 and finished top on experience, but the post-battle windows shows "No progress in missions..." and the counter still sits at 3/30.

And killing Borsig in a Borsig or Lorraine in M46 Patton don't not count either. Is it that you have to kill German tanks in Allies tanks and vice-versa?

Edited by Defrontier, 07 June 2016 - 12:08 AM.

Gremlin182 #84 Posted 07 June 2016 - 01:07 AM

General

• Player
  • 50925 battles

View PostDefrontier, on 06 June 2016 - 11:54 PM, said:

And killing Borsig in a Borsig or Lorraine in M46 Patton don't not count either. Is it that you have to kill German tanks in Allies tanks and vice-versa?

Yes driving a German tank you have to kill 30 tanks from Britain USA or France. and you get 15 chocolate.

Playing British American or French Tanks you must kill 10 German tanks to get 5 Coffee, 5 Pudding and Tea and 5 Cola

It does say that in the description.

Defrontier #85 Posted 07 June 2016 - 01:27 AM

Private

• Player
  • 15240 battles

View PostGremlin182, on 07 June 2016 - 12:07 AM, said:

Yes driving a German tank you have to kill 30 tanks from Britain USA or France. and you get 15 chocolate.

Playing British American or French Tanks you must kill 10 German tanks to get 5 Coffee, 5 Pudding and Tea and 5 Cola

It does say that in the description.

Damn, I swear I checked that before. Back to reading lessons.

astrobomb #86 Posted 07 June 2016 - 10:18 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 25329 battles

View PostAsghaad, on 06 June 2016 - 05:18 PM, said:

1. 45kph speed limit is CRAP on tank that has no armor , no viewrange , no hitpoints ... every other light TD has 60+ ... even Challenger has 52 ...

2. yes p/w ratio means something, BUT just as with british mediums whihc do have amazing p/w that power is wasted when you are hardcapped at shitty top speed

3. and that exactly is the problem, something that SHOULD be excellent for peek-a-boom on ridges is crapat it because soft stats force you to fully aim ...

4. yes VR goes to 440m yet you have 0.9 spots per game ... i have 1.89 on my E-25 for example ...

5. yes DPM rules, especially in what is supposed to be ambush vehicle, DPM allows you to punish people who make mistakes far better than shitty 220 alpha with LONG reload ... ffs the Tiger, HEAVY tank has 1s shorter reload with what is basically same gun ... and E-25 has THOUSAND more DPM than Scorpion ...

6. stop lying, your average damage is 1470 (and yes that is quite good DPB, but nowhere near 1700 you claim or even 2500), and slapping heavies for mere 240 damage and letting them retreat is BAD ... but your winrate is falling behind which means that you do not do that decent damage when it counts or quickly enough

7. no hostility, just recomending BAD vehicle to people just needs to be discouraged.

8. no i will NOT buy crappy scorpion, im quite happy to play my E-25 thank you ... xD

yeah men im with you about the speed 

but maybe it was op with 55 60k top? i dont know..

peek a boom at ridges is not bad as i go do it with 1st or 2nd to 1st gear and bam works,,,

i checked the bloom yesterday at traversing and is as you said about 3 secs wanna check on a trick if it makes it better though,,

well you cant have better spotting on a scorpion than a speedster e25...

also i was playing full back as a new scorp player so even that 

0.9 spot i guess is good? lol... full back kinda...

yeah dpm at panishing mistakes is cool thing yes to that '

that 1700 i said ok forgiv me one shot less holol the 2500 i said i ment that i do it very very  often and thats it

well look if i could get the e25 to train my t67 and cat i would definatelly get the e25!!

coz mast be much much more fun

but is only the scorpion for u.s.   and without a radio man! :(

so i went for the scorpion eyes closed just for the t67 and cat

but honestly i enjoy it, maybe im weird i dont know

it could be better much better but im an easy person trying to see the +side of things

and i like it its not bad.. in a bad loss i make 5000, in a decent game around 10000+, and in a good game 40000 :)

if it had the speed and no bloom it would have been ultra amazing to play it

but balance, so okay with that saddly (but not to sad)

sorry for my last comments (maybe)

StinkyStonky #87 Posted 07 June 2016 - 12:15 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 30390 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-

View PostDarksinger, on 04 June 2016 - 06:22 AM, said:

This event is so screwed up... I mean German tanks are outnumbering the allied in every single game with at least 5 to 1.

View PostMondeoSLO, on 04 June 2016 - 11:13 AM, said:

I played more than 10 games with germans... only 2 ally killed .. not going to bother anymore ... its useless.

View PostBaleroon, on 06 June 2016 - 06:29 AM, said:

I thought it will be much easier to compliete this missions.

P.s. Still not complete(29/30 and 4/10)

I really struggled to get both these missions done.  I was on holiday so missed a lot of Saturday (played about 6 hours in the evening), played about 12 hours on Sunday and another 5 hours last night.

I don't know if I was imagining it but in most games there were only 2 or 3 opponents of the right nation.  There often seemed to be plenty on my team.

I wont be bothering with this kind of special again.  

It's too easy for WGs match making to put lots of German, UK, US and French tanks on one team and all the Russian, Japanese, Czech and Chinese on the other.

Alternatively to put lots of Allied tanks in games with non-special tanks and then put lots of Germans in games with other Germans.

I completed the Alied mission on Sunday and had 16/30 on the German mission last night.  It seemed like game after game full of German (Russian, Japanese, Czech and Chinese) tanks with often only 2 or 3 from all 3 allied nations.

Tony_EU #88 Posted 13 January 2017 - 06:20 PM

Major

• Player
  • 50 battles
  • [RASHA] RASHA
Bumping this to the first page as a joke so people will think we have a special this weekend.

WarPig996 #89 Posted 13 January 2017 - 08:01 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 16610 battles
  • [VO1D] VO1D

View PostTony_EU, on 13 January 2017 - 05:20 PM, said:

Bumping this to the first page as a joke so people will think we have a special this weekend.

Yay... good show that fellow.....

What special weekend btw?....:bush:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users