Where is the „Quickybaby got outplayed“ thread?!

censorship quickybaby post

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
87 replies to this topic

gpalsson #21 Posted 03 June 2016 - 11:08 PM

General

• Player
  • 22134 battles
Moderation is so bad...it's just incredible.

ArnoldXJudasXRimmer #22 Posted 03 June 2016 - 11:23 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 263 battles

View Postgpalsson, on 03 June 2016 - 11:08 PM, said:

Moderation is so bad...it's just incredible.

As we all know WG really cares.

Baldrickk #23 Posted 03 June 2016 - 11:23 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 30142 battles
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-
Thread should not have been removed.

No shaming, despite a few odd people yelling about cheat mods (like no-one else has been doing that recently) it was very clearly discussed and shown that this was legit good luck.

Folau #24 Posted 03 June 2016 - 11:34 PM

Major

• Player
  • 15254 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
Top moderation as usual on these forums.

Laatikkomafia #25 Posted 04 June 2016 - 12:00 AM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 21325 battles
  • [ELC-P] ELC-P
Well, we have seen how you either have to be a streamer, Jangles or otherwise "special" to become WoT staff / CC.

Etre_ #26 Posted 04 June 2016 - 12:50 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 52653 battles
  • [WEBOB] WEBOB

View PostCorruption_Clan, on 03 June 2016 - 10:35 PM, said:

Oh man , lol ! He took it rather well :) I guess he doesn't care much about this game anymore. All business. 

Strappster #27 Posted 04 June 2016 - 01:09 PM

General

• Player
  • 24102 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostEtre_, on 04 June 2016 - 11:50 AM, said:

Oh man , lol ! He took it rather well :) I guess he doesn't care much about this game anymore. All business. 

He really can't win, can he. People hear that he's been "balanced" by arty and they're laughing because it happened to him. Then they see that he took it in good grace and investigated rather than screaming about cheats (like half the folk watching the stream and many posters in the earlier thread) and suddenly he doesn't care any more.

I don't see myself as a fanboi but I appreciate the work he puts in to provide entertainment and as he's a considerably better player and had much more experience in the game than me, I usually learn something while watching. Ok, he may have been a bit of an arse on earlier streams but who hasn't said or done something they later regret?

That said, his premium tank reviews have a tendency towards the positive (Sentinel not withstanding) but then I usually watch or read more than one review before spending money on something.

Etre_ #28 Posted 04 June 2016 - 01:51 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 52653 battles
  • [WEBOB] WEBOB
Well, that there was definitely rage worth. 

XrN1 #29 Posted 04 June 2016 - 01:52 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14337 battles
  • [NRC] NRC

View PostStrappster, on 04 June 2016 - 02:09 PM, said:

He really can't win, can he. People hear that he's been "balanced" by arty and they're laughing because it happened to him. Then they see that he took it in good grace and investigated rather than screaming about cheats (like half the folk watching the stream and many posters in the earlier thread) and suddenly he doesn't care any more.

I only saw the clip and it was funny. It seems like he was all cocky in a "safe" and sneaky position to shoot at players who don't know about that little gap and then he gets hit hard. I guess his viewers were learning something right? 

I did not know about him "investigating" it. And to be honest why do you commend that? He was exploiting a little gap to shoot enemies at... and he got shot at through the same gap he was exploiting, so why would he even need to "investigate"? Is this some magical gap that only he can shoot from or is it a one way shot only? It is all part of his general salty attitude disguised in friendly words that his member base somehow seems to like or fails to see through. 

If you want to learn something, there are many other great tank streamers out there, who don't hide and shoot from little gaps and "investigate" when it blows up in their face. 

Strappster #30 Posted 04 June 2016 - 02:03 PM

General

• Player
  • 24102 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostXrN1, on 04 June 2016 - 12:52 PM, said:

If you want to learn something, there are many other great tank streamers out there, who don't hide and shoot from little gaps and "investigate" when it blows up in their face. 

I've tried watching plenty of major streamers but so many of them start screaming when they get hit, especially if that hit comes from arty, and I have no interest in watching grown men act like spoilt children, crying about being focused even when they're the only tank that's spotted or able to be hit.

And I said "investigate" because that's what he did, he asked for a replay and watched it back to determine what happened. That's what the word means. It doesn't mean start a witch-hunt, cry about cheats, [edited]about focus or anything else - it means to look into the reason for something.

Your post reads as though you have an agenda and want to pursue it regardless of what actually happened or what someone has said about it. I accept that interest is subjective and not everyone will like the same things; perhaps you could try that approach for a change?

Etre_ #31 Posted 04 June 2016 - 02:22 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 52653 battles
  • [WEBOB] WEBOB

Man, when I play arty I have problems hitting sitting targets in open ground and this guys puts  2 AP shells between 2 buildings where a normal tank has problems shooting. 
I don't know, something seems off. I found the stream and watch it. The guy went straight to that position without adjustments, perfect alignment. Well, there was a strange side strafe but supposedly it's because of sync problems with the replay.

https://www.twitch.t...baby/v/69895742

Around 3 hours and 53 minutes.

Edited by Etre_, 04 June 2016 - 02:25 PM.

Baldrickk #32 Posted 04 June 2016 - 02:22 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 30142 battles
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-

View PostXrN1, on 04 June 2016 - 01:52 PM, said:

I only saw the clip and it was funny. It seems like he was all cocky in a "safe" and sneaky position to shoot at players who don't know about that little gap and then he gets hit hard. I guess his viewers were learning something right? 

I did not know about him "investigating" it. And to be honest why do you commend that? He was exploiting a little gap to shoot enemies at... and he got shot at through the same gap he was exploiting, so why would he even need to "investigate"? Is this some magical gap that only he can shoot from or is it a one way shot only? It is all part of his general salty attitude disguised in friendly words that his member base somehow seems to like or fails to see through. 

Arty is inaccurate.

The chances of an arty getting a shell through there is tiny.

The chances of it happening twice, on two consecutive shots...

The gap is there for people to shoot through.

There is nothing wrong with using it.

Why would he look at the replay? Because it's unlikely, that's why.

basin79 #33 Posted 04 June 2016 - 02:28 PM

General

• Player
  • 15351 battles
It's beyond unlikely. If it wasn't for the fact thousands saw it happening you'd say it was impossible (nearly).

Let's be honest if someone came on here and said that happened to them and said they didn't have the replay they'd get laughed/typed off the forum.

It's as or even more improbable of happening than one of the many whine posts about being bottom tier 15 times in a row and being singled out and one shotted by arty in all 15 games.

It was the very essence of RNG. And hopefully will appear in WoT's RNG video series. 

Edited by basin79, 04 June 2016 - 02:29 PM.

Flustered_Ferret #34 Posted 04 June 2016 - 03:15 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 1357 battles

You don't get outplayed by arty...you just run out of luck (wrong place, wrong time) ;)

FireFox2234 #35 Posted 04 June 2016 - 03:45 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 73 battles
It was completely deleted (which is rare, it didn't even show up on the topic creator's profile), instead of being binned in the Junkyard - which I also noticed is missing... 

XrN1 #36 Posted 04 June 2016 - 03:48 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14337 battles
  • [NRC] NRC

View PostStrappster, on 04 June 2016 - 03:03 PM, said:

I've tried watching plenty of major streamers but so many of them start screaming when they get hit, especially if that hit comes from arty, and I have no interest in watching grown men act like spoilt children, crying about being focused even when they're the only tank that's spotted or able to be hit.

And I said "investigate" because that's what he did, he asked for a replay and watched it back to determine what happened. That's what the word means. It doesn't mean start a witch-hunt, cry about cheats, [edited]about focus or anything else - it means to look into the reason for something.

Your post reads as though you have an agenda and want to pursue it regardless of what actually happened or what someone has said about it. I accept that interest is subjective and not everyone will like the same things; perhaps you could try that approach for a change?

There are plenty of other streamers that don't scream or cry when they die. 

And yes I know he "investigated" but my point was that he shouldn't have.. and yes that is regardless of what happened. "Investigating" is just as bad as calling out cheaters. It's the same thing that sour losers do, they just call it differently. There is nothing to investigate, and there nothing he could have found in a replay. I bet in the replay he saw an arty player.. and said arty player fired a shot at him and hit him. Am I right? 

If he really is as good as he is he would have spend maybe 5 seconds saying something in the lines of "That lucky bastard, but good shot of him" instead of "yeah, let's investigate to make sure there was no foul play".

Open your eyes, use your own mind, see through the fake and the pretending.

Strappster #37 Posted 04 June 2016 - 04:12 PM

General

• Player
  • 24102 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostXrN1, on 04 June 2016 - 02:48 PM, said:

And yes I know he "investigated" but my point was that he shouldn't have.. and yes that is regardless of what happened. "Investigating" is just as bad as calling out cheaters. It's the same thing that sour losers do, they just call it differently. There is nothing to investigate, and there nothing he could have found in a replay. I bet in the replay he saw an arty player.. and said arty player fired a shot at him and hit him. Am I right? 

If he really is as good as he is he would have spend maybe 5 seconds saying something in the lines of "That lucky bastard, but good shot of him" instead of "yeah, let's investigate to make sure there was no foul play".

Are you really asking this without watching the videos? You're telling me to open my eyes when you can't even check what you're supposed to be referring to?

Yes, he saw an arty player. He saw an arty player fire through a gap between two houses that was barely wide enough for the shell to go through. Twice.

If that's not worth looking at a replay, I'm not sure what is. Maybe instead of posturing and pretending to be so wise you could take a few minutes to "investigate" the very thing under discussion before posting.

chr1stos #38 Posted 04 June 2016 - 04:23 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26775 battles
  • [KOULA] KOULA

View PostXrN1, on 04 June 2016 - 04:48 PM, said:

You are basically making a big effort to find faults in QB here but you are struggling to come up with anything useful.

Use some common sense if you have any.

"investigating" a replay is to make sure of what happened.

I will check back a replay if something that I couldn't understand at the time happened and I want to figure out why.

That may be once in 6 months, doesn't matter.

Or in this case you have so unbelievable RNG that he wanted to make sure the shots did indeed come through that gap and he hadn't been completely mistaken.

While it was obvious that was the case, the chances of that happening twice in a row were incredibly low for that to be worth a second look.

"Let's investigate if there was any foul play" is your statement or his?

Edited by chr1stos, 04 June 2016 - 04:24 PM.

ZeeAa #39 Posted 04 June 2016 - 04:24 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27808 battles
  • [--P--] --P--

I really love the comment he made, specially since his damagelog doesn't show who does the damage.

"I'm sorry what....(small pause) what the hell does one thousand two hundred AP damage. " 

It would be perfect account name for arty only player.

ZeeAa #40 Posted 04 June 2016 - 04:32 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27808 battles
  • [--P--] --P--

View PostXrN1, on 04 June 2016 - 02:48 PM, said:

Well, most of us just play the game, but QB does this streaming and videos, so obviously he would like to have the replay from the enemy team, not to "investigate" any foul play, but to provide more material to look on his stream. That's the whole point in streaming, having something worth looking for.

Just driving in wot, shooting and getting shot at, it's not so spectacular most of the time. Many players, who would see anyone being there(behind the buildings but in front of the gap), would not try to relocate in arty and try to shoot him. All these things happening together, makes it worth something.

Also tagged with censorship, quickybaby, post

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users