Some minor updates, what could make the game enjoyable !

Ideas Improvements Minor Updates New Patch

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

DarkMau5 #1 Posted 09 June 2016 - 06:13 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 41544 battles
  • [D-VIS] D-VIS

Hello Players !

Since I play World of Tanks I had some ideas for some minor updates, what could make this game more enjoyable. What do you think ??

Report System Rework

- It would be nice to rework the reporting system, it's not so effective, and also can make some bad moment's to other players. Sometimes bad or rubbish players can report their own team mates, just because they better, they did more kill, or just because they think it's funny. This thing can be very frustrating, and sometimes you get banned because a platoon reported you !

Platoon System Rework

- One of the most disturbing situation is when a higher tier player brings his low tier friend on the platoon, and they can do nothing for the team, mostly just a +1 frag to the enemy team. It would be nice a system which one not let a platoon to start the battle, untill they have tanks with equal effectiveness. 

Chatban System Rework

- The chatban system is a good idea, however it's far away from the perfect. It's a good idea to block those people who can't restrain their self on the chat, and they start  to talk trash things, or leaving some tasty messages. However I think it's a bad idea that the people who was banned from the chat, can't talk with their friends from the friend list or the platoon. Would be nice the method which one blocks them only in main chat (garage) and on in-game chat.

Improve The Unsportsmanlike Punishment

- Since the game is online there are player who can't restrain their self, and they turn the game into a nightmare. I am sure that all we met with those "troll" players, who make fun from blocking his / her team mates, or shooting them for no reason. Sometimes the report is not enough for this players, but even if we report them still nothing happens. Would be nice to see an improved punishment system, what can stop this idiots on the battlefield.

EU Server 3

- On these days there more and more players, and sometimes the servers are full, or there are laggy and you can't play. To resolve this problem a new server would be a good idea, this could help the players to give more option, if someting happens with the others.

Ranked Servers

- I had an idea which can resolve the biggest problem what some players has on these days, which is the match making system. My idea is a ranked log-in system for the servers, which one is based on the in-game performance or XVM stat. Example if you are a player with 0 to 1.200 WN 8 you can log-in only on EU-1, but if you are player who has 1.200 to 1.600 WN8 you can go to EU 2, and finally if you are a 1.600 to 2.xxxx WN8 you can go to the land of the unicums, on the EU 3. I know that this idea sounds strange, and I am sure that not everyone accept this, but this method could resolve some MM problems, when players cry if the enemy team has great or unicum players.

Test Battlefield

- On the new patch has arrived the possibility to preview the tanks what do you want to research on the future, which one is a very nice idea. However this idea can be improved even more, with the possibility to try the tank on a "neutral" battlefield, to test the vehicle. I know that most of the players do this on the Test Server, or they check out some battles on YouTube, but this one is not enough. If you don't try, you can't see and feel if it's fit for your gameplay style or not. 

Rental Tank

- What about a possibility to rental a tank, and make money, or try out without, spending gold ? I know it's sounds strange, but it would be a good idea, mostly for those player who can't afford to pay a Tier VIII premium tank. Here are the possibilities how ...

1. Rental one of your clan mate premium tank example for a limited time from 5 to 7 days, on this period you can earn money and xp, and for fair 
business, you pay 10 % of your income to the owner.

2. Rental shop, where you can chose your tanks, and deal with the owner how much income you pay for them, untill you use their premium vehicle(s).

Second-Hand Premium Tanks

- Let's say you have a premium tank what you don't use anymore, is just a +1 on garage what is only a dust cover, and you don't what do. A Second-hand premium tank shop would be a great idea, where you can sell your extra premium tank, and you can choise what do you ant in return, example Gold, Premium Days or maybe some In-game Money transfer. This method would be good for those people who can't afford to pay for a premum tank, and also would be good for those who want premium vehicle(s) with skilled crew.

Regards !
DarkMau5.

Edited by DarkMau5, 09 June 2016 - 06:31 PM.

90grimli90 #2 Posted 09 June 2016 - 07:33 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 24182 battles
  • [GEN] GEN

View PostDarkMau5, on 09 June 2016 - 05:13 PM, said:

Hello Players !

Since I play World of Tanks I had some ideas for some minor updates, what could make this game more enjoyable. What do you think ??

Report System Rework

- It would be nice to rework the reporting system, it's not so effective, and also can make some bad moment's to other players. Sometimes bad or rubbish players can report their own team mates, just because they better, they did more kill, or just because they think it's funny. This thing can be very frustrating, and sometimes you get banned because a platoon reported you !

I agree with this, at the moment the report system is not working like it should. There should be automatic report on some sentences, words, ... . As well as the team damage should have a look at how this can be made better.

Platoon System Rework

- One of the most disturbing situation is when a higher tier player brings his low tier friend on the platoon, and they can do nothing for the team, mostly just a +1 frag to the enemy team. It would be nice a system which one not let a platoon to start the battle, untill they have tanks with equal effectiveness. 

Already done by penalties since 9.14

Chatban System Rework

- The chatban system is a good idea, however it's far away from the perfect. It's a good idea to block those people who can't restrain their self on the chat, and they start  to talk trash things, or leaving some tasty messages. However I think it's a bad idea that the people who was banned from the chat, can't talk with their friends from the friend list or the platoon. Would be nice the method which one blocks them only in main chat (garage) and on in-game chat.

I don't agree, If a player gets a chatban it is his own fold and he need to get consequences of it. If he wants to chat with his friends or in the platoon. Then he just doesn't need to use bad words. Bad words are not good, so I like the way that he gets punished for it on all chats.

Improve The Unsportsmanlike Punishment

- Since the game is online there are player who can't restrain their self, and they turn the game into a nightmare. I am sure that all we met with those "troll" players, who make fun from blocking his / her team mates, or shooting them for no reason. Sometimes the report is not enough for this players, but even if we report them still nothing happens. Would be nice to see an improved punishment system, what can stop this idiots on the battlefield.

They should implement a "overwatch" for this. It keeps track of all vehicles in a battle and if 2 tanks are pushing each other on dangerous positions they could get punished for that. Negative points in this idea are: How it tracks if you are just pushing someone to let him go faster. How it tracks if you just use to be hull down, ...

EU Server 3

- On these days there more and more players, and sometimes the servers are full, or there are laggy and you can't play. To resolve this problem a new server would be a good idea, this could help the players to give more option, if someting happens with the others.

Probably good Idea, but will cost lots of money and I don't think there are enough players yet to compensate this. Just upgrading hardware of servers will fix lagg already. No need for EU 3.

Ranked Servers

- I had an idea which can resolve the biggest problem what some players has on these days, which is the match making system. My idea is a ranked log-in system for the servers, which one is based on the in-game performance or XVM stat. Example if you are a player with 0 to 1.200 WN 8 you can log-in only on EU-1, but if you are player who has 1.200 to 1.600 WN8 you can go to EU 2, and finally if you are a 1.600 to 2.xxxx WN8 you can go to the land of the unicums, on the EU 3. I know that this idea sounds strange, and I am sure that not everyone accept this, but this method could resolve some MM problems, when players cry if the enemy team has great or unicum players.

This will never fix MM, because you will make it just more horrible, you take away the competition in this game. Players at EU 1 will increase much faster (50% of them). This means they come in EU 2, here will get 5% players through probably and then they come at EU 3 and the crying will start again.

Main reason I say no is because you take competition away of gameplay and players will increase their stats more easy. This will let them beleive their gameplay is good and they will not change it, but then they come EU2/Eu3 and the crying will start.

Test Battlefield

- On the new patch has arrived the possibility to preview the tanks what do you want to research on the future, which one is a very nice idea. However this idea can be improved even more, with the possibility to try the tank on a "neutral" battlefield, to test the vehicle. I know that most of the players do this on the Test Server, or they check out some battles on YouTube, but this one is not enough. If you don't try, you can't see and feel if it's fit for your gameplay style or not. 

Answer is clear to this. Same reason why 1 man training rooms will not be implemented. Will take to much server capacity, and then answer goes back to EU 3 thing.

Rental Tank

- What about a possibility to rental a tank, and make money, or try out without, spending gold ? I know it's sounds strange, but it would be a good idea, mostly for those player who can't afford to pay a Tier VIII premium tank. Here are the possibilities how ...

1. Rental one of your clan mate premium tank example for a limited time from 5 to 7 days, on this period you can earn money and xp, and for fair 
business, you pay 10 % of your income to the owner.

2. Rental shop, where you can chose your tanks, and deal with the owner how much income you pay for them, untill you use their premium vehicle(s).

Thats what you can do on test server, bad idea. It is still a game where you need to research your own tanks before you can play them. See it as playing runescape, you can't smith rune when you are only level 30. Same here earn the xp before you can play something. If they would allow this new players (or players with 3k games that don't know how to play, lend a tier 10 of a friend.) They join tier 10 game and fail. Even more unfair teams --> more crying.

For the premium tanks, nope for sure. If you want them pay for them. It is a free game and this are the biggest incomes for world of tanks. take this away by making it able to rent and game will be gone.

- Let's say you have a premium tank what you don't use anymore, is just a +1 on garage what is only a dust cover, and you don't what do. A Second-hand premium tank shop would be a great idea, where you can sell your extra premium tank, and you can choise what do you ant in return, example Gold, Premium Days or maybe some In-game Money transfer. This method would be good for those people who can't afford to pay for a premum tank, and also would be good for those who want premium vehicle(s) with skilled crew.

Don't even gonna answer on this...

Regards !
DarkMau5.

Schemezoid #3 Posted 09 June 2016 - 09:08 PM

Major

• Player
  • 22443 battles
Give each team 10 bots, that way at least 10 people in your team arent total morons!!!

qpranger #4 Posted 09 June 2016 - 09:18 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 38888 battles
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY

View PostDarkMau5, on 09 June 2016 - 07:13 PM, said:

EU Server 3

- On these days there more and more players...

LOL

Jigabachi #5 Posted 09 June 2016 - 11:54 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostDarkMau5, on 09 June 2016 - 06:13 PM, said:

Report System Rework

-> No, you don't get banned from a random platoon reporting you. You get banned if you already amassed enough valid reports. In that case some unjustified reports can indeed trigger a ban.

But yes, the system still needs some love. It's basically impossible to create a strict and effective system without creating possible doors for abuse, but a little finetuning should be possible.

Platoon System Rework

-> I think some of the latest updates added something to prevent failplatoons. Not sure though...

Chatban System Rework

However I think it's a bad idea that the people who was banned from the chat, can't talk with their friends from the friend list or the platoon.

-> It's meant to be a punishment. That said, I have absolutely no problem with that. Don't want to be muted? Grow up and don't be a duck.

EU Server 3

- On these days there more and more players

Lol. No.

Ranked Servers

-> I'm open for any kind idea concerning skillbased MM, but leagues is a no-go for me. Big veto.

It's the different skilllevels that make a match interesting. Leagues always suck. There is a concept called "learning by watching" after all, which is said to be rather important. However, new players should have the possibility to play with only other new players for a certain amount of time.

Test Battlefield

-> A training room. Requested since the beta. Won't happen.

Rental Tank

-> Couldn't care less. Mostly no.

-> No, thanks. Too many possibilities for abuse and chaos.

Edited by Jigabachi, 09 June 2016 - 11:54 PM.

malachi6 #6 Posted 10 June 2016 - 12:32 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 50929 battles
Remove the unsportsmanlike behaviour report from the battle menu. Then make it only usable in the garage with a mandatory text box that has to be completed stating what the unsportsmanlike behaviour was.  This will automatically put most people off fake reports and stop reports for; "idiot, unfair tank, yo mamma and not fair".

Solstad1069 #7 Posted 10 June 2016 - 08:15 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 45063 battles

To me its really just one thing.

Only 1 arty for each team, no arty platooning.

spuriousmonkey #8 Posted 10 June 2016 - 08:47 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 44843 battles
  • [DID0] DID0

The ability to use server crosshair with regular one at the same time, as can be done in a mod.

Give more abilities to organize your tanks. I like the primary tank concept, but I would also like to be able to select the "daily primary tank list".

The introduction of a new map on the first day of EVERY month. No exception. Every second month the worst map of the entire selection will be removed ensuring that slowly the quantity and quality of the maps increases.

dennez #9 Posted 10 June 2016 - 09:20 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 18734 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostDarkMau5, on 09 June 2016 - 06:13 PM, said:

Ranked Servers

Why do people keep insisting this is a good idea? It is NOT.. Check out AW's SIMM threads if you want to see the trainwreck of that experiment.

Troubledove #10 Posted 10 June 2016 - 09:48 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 44517 battles
  • [KOFF] KOFF

Some "life improved" stuff :

- Mark the tanks you are personally spotting with little binocular icon so you know its you who is seeing the tank and not some friendly tanks. Would help tremendously with scouts (you'd know you need new position to spot). Would not break anything.

- Ability to mark some shell type as "default" shell. Would be important on some tanks with low-pen AP as primary choice while their HE is much more useful.

- Mark yourself AFK in game and in garage. Sometimes you need to go, and teammates should know you are not there. 

- Display current relevant active personal mission and its goals in the loading screen.

- Give holding left mouse button pressed alternative mode: Currently it shoots when reloaded - but this could be shoot when fully aimed if player wants so. Would be desirable to sniper-tanks.

90grimli90 #11 Posted 10 June 2016 - 10:57 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 24182 battles
  • [GEN] GEN

View PostTroubledove, on 10 June 2016 - 08:48 AM, said:

Some "life improved" stuff :

- Mark the tanks you are personally spotting with little binocular icon so you know its you who is seeing the tank and not some friendly tanks. Would help tremendously with scouts (you'd know you need new position to spot). Would not break anything.

Could be something handy.

- Ability to mark some shell type as "default" shell. Would be important on some tanks with low-pen AP as primary choice while their HE is much more useful.

Alreay possible, you can change the order of the shells in your tank. This when you are in the screen where you can choose how many shells you want from each type. If you right click on it and choose "change order" your HE shells will be standing first.

- Mark yourself AFK in game and in garage. Sometimes you need to go, and teammates should know you are not there. 

Nope nope nope ... to much abuse will happen and you will get teams of 5 "AFK" players. garage, ok. game, no never. If  you start a game you should play it not being AFK.

- Display current relevant active personal mission and its goals in the loading screen.

What is the advantage of that ? You can see this already in garage and when pressing TAB in game. So to add an extra place is useless.

- Give holding left mouse button pressed alternative mode: Currently it shoots when reloaded - but this could be shoot when fully aimed if player wants so. Would be desirable to sniper-tanks.

So you don't need to watch yourself how the aims goes small anymore ? Jesus, get skills and just press when the aim is fully done. Else you will just auto-aim hold left mouse button and it will shoot for you, "Oohn look again free damage where I didn't need to do anything for"......

Gnomus #12 Posted 10 June 2016 - 11:44 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 34526 battles
  • [ASEET] ASEET

Idea of different server available for different skill levels is a clear no go.

First WN is not used by WG, but third party. WG would most likely use personal rating, which you can get quite high by just playing a lot, so would not solve skill problems.

Main problem is that WN number comes from your relative performance in battle. If you pick unicums who have average kills per battle 3 and place 15 such against 15 similar unicums they are not getting 3 kills per battle any longer. Unicums fighting other unicums would see their WN numbers drop like stones, because there would be not enough kills and damage available to maintain all their numbers. Same time 15 baddies vs 15 baddies would see their WN soar up, because no matter how bad they are, some one is going to kill other and battle is ended when 15 tanks from one side is killed.

Any possible ladder system can't use ingame performance as threshold. Such system works perfectly within one step, but between the steps there would be lot of problems.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users