Racism

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

Starhazing #1 Posted 10 June 2016 - 09:51 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 10423 battles
How would you describe Turkey? Unfortunately, many people identify Turkey with terrorism altough it is not and this is a sad situation for us. The thing that I want is, we are all human like you. I just want to raise peope awareness about that. People must show respect each other. This makes us human. I hope this post change people's behaviour against to Turks.

nimeni443 #2 Posted 10 June 2016 - 10:18 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 53546 battles
  • [CCCP_] CCCP_

View PostWOT_Turkey, on 10 June 2016 - 09:51 PM, said:

How would you describe Turkey? Unfortunately, many people identify Turkey with terrorism altough it is not and this is a sad situation for us. The thing that I want is, we are all human like you. I just want to raise peope awareness about that. People must show respect each other. This makes us human. I hope this post change people's behaviour against to Turks.

nice try im from romania and when u say romania they all think we are gipsy .

every where i go they go ooohhhh gipsy and they run away  and i dont even have the gipsy skin color or talk like them but thats life.

Ulfhedinn_ #3 Posted 11 June 2016 - 03:10 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 48246 battles

lol. Mmm, shall I... a bit. Romania had nice European culture Gypsies, but they got done away with in WW2 very effectively. The Nazi's had even really liked them cuz they're top of the Aryan tree, from India with pale eyes, but then when they started struggling in Russia they got paranoid they were Soviet spies so bang. Like many Eastern Euro Countries, Romania had WW2 Gypsy death camp sites but pretends not, ignored their legal obligation to protect them as war-graves, turned one into a pig farm and last report I saw in 1990's, the pigs got to chew on the shallow buried bones. Meanwhile there were loads of Gypsies in Russia, who the Soviets were genuinely scared of, I guess cuz of not wanting to get cursed (Rasputin & all that). So during the Soviet era, their Gypsies got to live outside the law, were left to their own devices, the only ethnic group in USSR that was never conscripted to the Red Army. Then when the Soviets took over Eastern Europe, to reverse the ethnic cleansing of the Nazi era they moved loads of lawless Russian Gypsies to Eastern Europe, and by & large they're the ones who cause the trouble over Europe now and give areas a bad reputation. Not cuz of original Gypsy culture (that was respectful & lawful cuz it was integrated, Charles 2nd liked them so much he granted them sites in England), that culture was exterminated in mainland Europe. It's Gypsies with lawless culture taught them in USSR who replaced them that are today's issue. Not your generations fault, maybe a curse brought onto you by previous generations, but still, history is a thing.

edit - don't know about the Russian ones, but it's a thing in Euro Gypsy culture, that they drank milk almost ritually, cuz after many hundreds of years of abuse from other Europeans due to their darker skin, they concluded if they drank milk, if they couldn't be pure white on the outside they'd at least be white / pure / clean on the inside. And they were on the inside, unlike many around them.

Edited by Ulfhedinn_, 11 June 2016 - 07:00 PM.

IRONHIDE_12 #4 Posted 12 June 2016 - 02:14 AM

Private

• Player
  • 17179 battles
  • [EKIP] EKIP

View PostStarhazing, on 10 June 2016 - 08:51 PM, said:

this wont change unfortunately just like people all over the world think we support isis while our cities getting nuked by them and we are on a war with them...

Edited by IRONHIDE_12, 12 June 2016 - 02:14 AM.

Nokkeli #5 Posted 12 June 2016 - 01:16 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18084 battles
  • [SWEDH] SWEDH

View PostStarhazing, on 10 June 2016 - 10:51 PM, said:

People are ignorant, always have been, and to some degree always will be. I have been to Turkey and didn't get blown up even a little. Loevely people and beautiful nature. In fact the only place i have been to where things started to heat up a bit was South Africa (and i have been to a few places in my life). We were just minding our own business when some people started shooting around so we had to make an hasty exit. And if that was not enough the next day we were datained by some police because apparently they thought we were hiding an escaped serial killer in out car. Still SA is a beautiful place, just a little restless in some parts :P

MeetriX #6 Posted 12 June 2016 - 06:44 PM

Major

• Player
  • 20435 battles
Turkey? I prefer pork.

Ulfhedinn_ #7 Posted 13 June 2016 - 04:37 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 48246 battles
:mellow: Am I too clever at concluding meaning or is MeetriX just unwitting / didn't read all the posts? edit - and assuming the inference was intentional, what Country is MeetriX from I wonder?

Edited by Ulfhedinn_, 13 June 2016 - 04:46 PM.

LordAxalon #8 Posted 13 June 2016 - 05:03 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 11141 battles
  • [MIND] MIND

Unfortunately im going to have to close this thread, when talking about racism its a very touchy subject and it tends to attract trolls and other none constructive types which will only end up in it being closed anyway. I and WG respects you attempts at trying to get the WoT user base to be more understanding of your country's people and other country's people as well, but unfortunately i'll have to close it as its to delicate of a subject and its against the forum rules to have any threads discussing things of this nature.

If you have any questions or need any help with anything on the forums please feel free to PM me or another moderator.

Kind Regards
LordAxalon  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users