Tankfest 2016

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 14 June 2016 - 02:17 PM

Sergeant

• Content Team
  • 0 battles
Wargaming is once again honoured to present the legendary Tankfest in Bovington, England.

Full news text

Vedrano #2 Posted 14 June 2016 - 02:39 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 38098 battles
Let's hope this brings some nice weekend specials, otherwise useless crap if your not in the UK there.. 

StinkyStonky #3 Posted 14 June 2016 - 02:56 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26341 battles
  • [H5VOC] H5VOC

I am (or at least was) interested in going (I live 2 hours drive from the venue).

The ticket includes unlimited re-entrance to the museum, which would be nice as I doubt that we'd get to see much of it during the event.  And I live close enough that we would be able to go back in the summer.

I will admit that I was curious if there would be any WOT freebies.  You know, perhaps some redeem codes for gold, prem time or a tank.

A week ago I bought the World Of Tanks Rush board/card game http://www.theworks.co.uk/p/board-games/world-of-tanks-rush-card-game/3558380023227

Again I'll admit that the prospect of a bonus tank was a significant contributor to why I bought it.  That was my mistake.

It turns out that the redeem code in the game (sold in Exeter, UK) is for the North American Server only.  I contacted Customer Support but they demanded I produce the receipt (a small scap of paper that also recorded the £3 I spent on a bag bouncy balls and the £1 for a cheap water pistol).  I bought this little lot while on holiday so have no idea where the receipt is.

So no Free tank for me.  

My advice is don't buy the WoT Rush card game for the tank, you are unlikely to get it unless you are on the NA server.

This feeling of being ripped off has left a bad taste in my mouth.  Personally I'll be saving the £89.50 (two adults, three children and a grandparent).

To those that are going I hope you have good weather and lots of WoT Freebies.

If you want to buy tickets, here's the link (you're welcome WG) http://www.tankmuseum.org/whats-on/events/bovevt53277

TheSpearman #4 Posted 14 June 2016 - 03:05 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 21436 battles
Please learn from last year, and don't make people queue for 90 minutes to get the free goodies. It just doens't work, and wastes a major chunk of peoples day out.

StinkyStonky #5 Posted 14 June 2016 - 03:15 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26341 battles
  • [H5VOC] H5VOC

View PostVedrano, on 14 June 2016 - 01:39 PM, said:

Let's hope this brings some nice weekend specials, otherwise useless crap if your not in the UK there.. 

Let's have some sympathy for those that are going.  They'll miss out on whatever "special" there is that weekend.

You on the other hand will be able to go to this "useless crap" near Croatia, in September http://events.wargaming.net/event/18

StinkyStonky #6 Posted 14 June 2016 - 03:17 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26341 battles
  • [H5VOC] H5VOC

View PostTheSpearman, on 14 June 2016 - 02:05 PM, said:

Please learn from last year, and don't make people queue for 90 minutes to get the free goodies.

Out of interest, what were the free goodies last year ?

oinked #7 Posted 14 June 2016 - 03:18 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 23416 battles
  • [FILO] FILO

Wargaming are keeping the biggest secret under wraps, that oinked, with his huge under 600 youtube subscriber following will be there!! lol

But in all seriousness, tankfest is a great family day out. Don't go there with the aim of getting freebies or goodies. go there and enjoy the atmosphere and see the amazing machines that we play with trundling around their arena. Get a feel for what it actually means when we play world of tanks... an understanding of the scale of the tanks, the noise, sound and smell... all those things that we simply cant appreciate when we click that play button!!!

TheSpearman #8 Posted 14 June 2016 - 03:32 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 21436 battles

View PostStinkyStonky, on 14 June 2016 - 02:17 PM, said:

Out of interest, what were the free goodies last year ?

Everyone was handed a card with an invite code with Churchill III walking in the door.

If you played a single round of WoT at their stand in the Tamiya hall, you received a coupon for a bag, inside was a card a Chi Nu Kai, and various bits and bobs, bottle opener, lanyard, key chain of the sixth sense icon. The goodies were neat little things, but the wait to play a single round was 90+ minutes, which takes a large bit out of someones day. In past years they just gave out the stuff directly. Given the visitor numbers at Tankfest now, this may play a part in their approach, but this seems like the worst possible compromise.

killa23 #9 Posted 14 June 2016 - 03:43 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 13612 battles
  • [RITA] RITA

View PostTheSpearman, on 14 June 2016 - 02:32 PM, said:

Everyone was handed a card with an invite code with Churchill III walking in the door.

If you played a single round of WoT at their stand in the Tamiya hall, you received a coupon for a bag, inside was a card a Chi Nu Kai, and various bits and bobs, bottle opener, lanyard, key chain of the sixth sense icon. The goodies were neat little things, but the wait to play a single round was 90+ minutes, which takes a large bit out of someones day. In past years they just gave out the stuff directly. Given the visitor numbers at Tankfest now, this may play a part in their approach, but this seems like the worst possible compromise.

I didn't get a Churchill code. But your points are decent. I spent 2 hours in the queue and expected something decent but I got just a Chi Nu Kai, My top gun in the top gun contest wasn't even counted so I missed out on another free prem tank. But atleast there won't be much of a queue this time to see the tanks because the WG stand will be in the vehicle conservation centre. yay! :)

Edited by killa23, 14 June 2016 - 03:46 PM.

StinkyStonky #10 Posted 14 June 2016 - 03:47 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26341 battles
  • [H5VOC] H5VOC

View Postoinked, on 14 June 2016 - 02:18 PM, said:

Wargaming are keeping the biggest secret under wraps, that oinked, with his huge under 600 youtube subscriber following will be there!! lol

LoL.  I might actually re-consider (and subscribe and make your following 601 :)

If you played a single round of WoT at their stand in the Tamiya hall, you received a coupon for a bag, inside was a card a Chi Nu Kai, and various bits and bobs ...

Thanks for the info.

So a Tier V for everyone plus another for those who already play the game.  I don't know how many of my daughters will want to take up WoT (it'll cost me a fortune in gaming PCs if they all do ;-) )

Partibrejker0 #11 Posted 14 June 2016 - 04:16 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 61028 battles
  • [K4E] K4E
Where is ShipTheNutz? Why there is no DezGamez?

Homer_J #12 Posted 14 June 2016 - 04:21 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27499 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostStinkyStonky, on 14 June 2016 - 02:47 PM, said:

I don't know how many of my daughters will want to take up WoT (it'll cost me a fortune in gaming PCs if they all do ;-) )

You use the invite code for your reroll account. :hiding:

Ciupryanski #13 Posted 14 June 2016 - 05:20 PM

Private

• Player
  • 22745 battles
Wow the spanish are more that romanian players on wot,why don't invite Orzanel?

oinked #14 Posted 14 June 2016 - 06:06 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 23416 battles
  • [FILO] FILO

View PostJagodinac1, on 14 June 2016 - 04:16 PM, said:

Remember that WG may invite, or offer to pay for contributors to attend. But at the end of the day its down to each person to see if they are available to go to an event or not. Remember that unlike many of the contributors, Dezgamez has work other than making videos! Besides, I don't think he would want to show himself in public... For all we know, Dez WILL be at tankfest... but it's going to be like a "wheres wally" competition where we all have to find him (but none of us know what he looks like!)

SlyMeerkat #15 Posted 14 June 2016 - 06:40 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15576 battles
  • [FILO] FILO
Looking forward to it, my first time ever going so i am really excited!

wsatnutter #16 Posted 14 June 2016 - 07:11 PM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 24226 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

see you all there the beers  are on the dingers

cellaman the new forum mod told me so

Seborga #17 Posted 14 June 2016 - 07:49 PM

Private

• Player
  • 49784 battles
  • [SUB] SUB
Tankfest 2016, Sunday June 2016, will be my first Tankfest so a season ticket will useful, not only for the Tankfest but all the year round, they look to have plenty going on over the year.  One thing I would hope to find at the

Tankfest is some free handouts of pc codes that are tanks....

one has a collection of 64 premium tanksand growing..... Type59 would be awesome, M6A2E1 or even a new tank, have last years Tankfests tanks already in my collection.  Need some exciting tanks to get my tank game fix...  and have a great Sunny day out at the Tankfest at Bovington in Dorset.  Sunday the

Phil0978 #18 Posted 14 June 2016 - 11:19 PM

Private

• Player
  • 46367 battles
  • [-ITU-] -ITU-
I didn't get any freebies last year as after queuing for 90 minutes to play a single round I gave up. There is an awful lot of better things to do at Tankfest that queue! The year before you only had to show up at the stand to be given a goodie bag.

Homer_J #19 Posted 15 June 2016 - 08:52 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27499 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostPhil0978, on 14 June 2016 - 10:19 PM, said:

I didn't get any freebies last year as after queuing for 90 minutes to play a single round I gave up.

I looked at the queue, said hello to Ectar and went outside to enjoy the sunshine and diesel fumes.

Murphy1up #20 Posted 15 June 2016 - 11:15 AM

Lieutenant General

• Military Reserve
  • 11249 battles
  • [-QQ-] -QQ-

View PostTheSpearman, on 14 June 2016 - 02:05 PM, said:

Please learn from last year, and don't make people queue for 90 minutes to get the free goodies. It just doens't work, and wastes a major chunk of peoples day out.

You have an entire event to attend, if your only desire to come to the booth is to get freebies I'm afraid to say that once again they'll only be for people who visit the booth and play the game.

If we didn't do it that way, we'd just have people walking about handing out bags at random. - This is something we never do at any event.  The goodie bag is a thank you for playing the game/visiting the booth.

I've attended 3 out of the 4 previous years.

2012 - Small booth with only 15 PCs. We gave away only a t-shirt to players. That was it, just a t-shirt. No codes, bags or other stuff.

2013 - I wasn't there, I'm sure there was still a queue however.

2014 - People still had to queue, it was the first year we had the truck. 

2015 - People queue'd to play, we had timed sessions and when finished players got the token to get the goodie bag from the truck.

Everyone else is in the same boat with regards to how they get the goodie bag.  I appreciate that there may be other things you want to do on the day and I can only advise   We try to move the queue on as quick as we can but each year more and more people want to come by and try the game/play on the demo accounts. 

This time there will be no back and forward as the goodie bags will be at the same place, and hopefully the queues won't be as bad as we'll effectively have 3 queues (tanks PC, tanks console and warships). 

View PostJagodinac1, on 14 June 2016 - 03:16 PM, said:

View PostCiupryanski, on 14 June 2016 - 04:20 PM, said:

Wow the spanish are more that romanian players on wot,why don't invite Orzanel?

We invited multiple different streamers and Youtubers from across Europe (especially the most popular).  Sadly a good few of them were not able to attend due to personal reasons.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users