110 replies to this topic

Murphy1up #1 Posted 16 June 2016 - 04:25 PM

Lieutenant General

• Military Reserve
  • 11069 battles
  • [-QQ-] -QQ-

POPULAR

Hello folks,

There never really is a good time to say something like this, and it's took me a few attempts at writing it. Without further ado I’ll just cut straight to the point. One week after Tankfest 2016 I will be leaving Wargaming.net. 

Why has this came about? Well recently I’ve been working on various different projects to broaden my skillset and work on various community initiatives. With one of those projects I found that I really enjoyed doing something different and wanted to do it more, this has resulted in getting an offer I simply couldn’t turn down.

I’ve been working with Wargaming.net for the past 4 years now, starting out as a Community Coordinator and then becoming a Community Manager. From my first post back in May 2012 it’s been a rollercoaster full of ups and downs. You’ve shown me all how passionate you are about our games and how much they mean to you. From watching the World of Tanks community continue to grow, to watching the Warplanes, Console, Warships and Blitz communities grow from scratch to get to where they are now, it’s been a pleasure to be involved in it all.
I feel especially privileged to have played a big part in the Community Contributor initiative, helping grow and promote the various Youtubers and Streamers we have who make content for our games. I’m proud to see streamers like CirconflexesRitaGamer and Quickybaby get partnered with Twitch and grow their communities to where they are now. Lots of other great streamers are now following in their footsteps and have also got partnerships and grown their respective communities.

I would like to say a special thanks to everyone for your energy over these past years and thanks especially to those people who would send random PM’s with things like “Hey man, keep it up” or “Hey thanks for being around” etc.  You guys have no idea just how much little things like that really lift up someone’s spirits and make a rough day just fade away. It was always impressive to see when people noticed my posting style change and took it upon themselves to message me something positive.

As I have Tankfest to prep for and various other tasks to do and hand off before I leave, this will be my last post on our forums other than to answer any questions in this thread. I’ll try my best to answer all existing PM’s I have waiting for a reply. If you don’t get a reply by the end of this month then please message Cynd3r, Ph3lan, MrConway and Brynd.

It’s never easy moving on, I’ve never had to write to a wide audience to say goodbye like this and I have no idea how it will be taken or even if it will be noticed much.  As I’ve worked with you all for so long I felt it was right to say goodbye and I also wanted to quash any rumours that may come about as to where or why I’ve gone.

Good luck out there on the high seas and on the battlefields. It’s been a pleasure to represent you all.

Sincerely

Ectar

profes79 #2 Posted 16 June 2016 - 04:45 PM

General

• Player
  • 18590 battles
  • [FENOM] FENOM

This is very, very bad news for a common user. You've been always sort of example how a member of community should behave and react on forum.

Good luck in new job!

jonhg #3 Posted 16 June 2016 - 04:52 PM

Private

• Player
  • 6597 battles
  • [SNOO] SNOO
o7

tcfreer #4 Posted 16 June 2016 - 04:55 PM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Diplomat
  • 68235 battles
  • [FILO] FILO

I don't want to like this :(

Thanks for everything you've done for the WG, WoT community fella and all the best in all your endevours new and future.

See you on Twitch / twitter ;)

weenis #5 Posted 16 June 2016 - 05:00 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 25876 battles

View PostEctar, on 16 June 2016 - 03:25 PM, said:

Hello folks,

There never really is a good time to say something like this, and it's took me a few attempts at writing it. Without further ado I’ll just cut straight to the point. One week after Tankfest 2016 I will be leaving Wargaming.net. 

Why has this came about? Well recently I’ve been working on various different projects to broaden my skillset and work on various community initiatives. With one of those projects I found that I really enjoyed doing something different and wanted to do it more, this has resulted in getting an offer I simply couldn’t turn down.

I’ve been working with Wargaming.net for the past 4 years now, starting out as a Community Coordinator and then becoming a Community Manager. From my first post back in May 2012 it’s been a rollercoaster full of ups and downs. You’ve shown me all how passionate you are about our games and how much they mean to you. From watching the World of Tanks community continue to grow, to watching the Warplanes, Console, Warships and Blitz communities grow from scratch to get to where they are now, it’s been a pleasure to be involved in it all.
I feel especially privileged to have played a big part in the Community Contributor initiative, helping grow and promote the various Youtubers and Streamers we have who make content for our games. I’m proud to see streamers like CirconflexesRitaGamer and Quickybaby get partnered with Twitch and grow their communities to where they are now. Lots of other great streamers are now following in their footsteps and have also got partnerships and grown their respective communities.

I would like to say a special thanks to everyone for your energy over these past years and thanks especially to those people who would send random PM’s with things like “Hey man, keep it up” or “Hey thanks for being around” etc.  You guys have no idea just how much little things like that really lift up someone’s spirits and make a rough day just fade away. It was always impressive to see when people noticed my posting style change and took it upon themselves to message me something positive.

As I have Tankfest to prep for and various other tasks to do and hand off before I leave, this will be my last post on our forums other than to answer any questions in this thread. I’ll try my best to answer all existing PM’s I have waiting for a reply. If you don’t get a reply by the end of this month then please message Cynd3r, Ph3lan, MrConway and Brynd.

It’s never easy moving on, I’ve never had to write to a wide audience to say goodbye like this and I have no idea how it will be taken or even if it will be noticed much.  As I’ve worked with you all for so long I felt it was right to say goodbye and I also wanted to quash any rumours that may come about as to where or why I’ve gone.

Good luck out there on the high seas and on the battlefields. It’s been a pleasure to represent you all.

Sincerely

Ectar

You will be missed. Best of luck with whatever you decide to do next.

Ikleinyou #6 Posted 16 June 2016 - 05:08 PM

Private

• Player
  • 13531 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

Well RIP community i guess. You always were close to the community and showed up on twitch where u even answered questions in your freetime. Basically a live Q&A in every channel you showed up :hiding:. Tbh i havent seen any of those other guys, besides MrConway in Circ stream, arround twitch. Sad story tho. Well thx Ectar for all your work and all the effort you put into it.

You will be missed.

Good luck at your new job. Take care and see you on Twitch :) 

Edited by Ikleinyou, 16 June 2016 - 05:09 PM.

UrQuan #7 Posted 16 June 2016 - 05:09 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 19049 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

That's not good news :( You were one of the good guys & one of the few moderators who kept in touch with the community beyond the pinned threads/article sections. You've done alot of good over the years & endured some undeserved crap as well from the community.

I do wish you the best of luck & great success with your future project!

PS: your first post shows the bad part of the community hasn't changed one bit over the years!

SirKnumskull #8 Posted 16 June 2016 - 05:46 PM

Major

• Player
  • 18198 battles
  • [LDMA] LDMA

Not happy to see you leave... :mellow:

Well, troll see you on Twitch I guess. :child:

Atrevir #9 Posted 16 June 2016 - 06:01 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 18459 battles
  • [PTS-D] PTS-D

Ikleinyou #10 Posted 16 June 2016 - 06:07 PM

Private

• Player
  • 13531 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

View PostAtrevir, on 16 June 2016 - 05:01 PM, said:

that expresses my feels best 

McNussBomber #11 Posted 16 June 2016 - 06:20 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Clan Commander
  • 53569 battles
  • [R4INC] R4INC

You was the best of WGEU office, it is sad day for this community.

krazypenguin #12 Posted 16 June 2016 - 06:21 PM

Major

• Player
  • 27097 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

*shamelessly reposting my comment from the WoWS forums since this place, the WoT forums is what this comment was really about*

Honestly Ectar, you are an outstanding community manager and we were very, very lucky to have you.  I remember some dark times on the forums when you were the only person who ever put his head above the parapet and told us what was going on.  I remember you giving people, who everyone else thought really didn't deserve it, so much of your time and patience and showing a level of understanding that was exceptional.  Our loss is someone else's (big) gain. 

Thank you for everything and I sincerely wish you all the best.

Regards,

krazypenguin

And now, an obligatory gif:

Siimcy #13 Posted 16 June 2016 - 06:34 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21705 battles

Easily my most favorite WG member leaving. 

SteelScooter #14 Posted 16 June 2016 - 06:38 PM

Private

• Player
  • 15350 battles
You will be sorely missed Ectar. I hope to see you sometime on Circon's stream. Good luck brother o7

Edited by SteelScooter, 16 June 2016 - 06:40 PM.

TheSpearman #15 Posted 16 June 2016 - 06:42 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 21314 battles
Can I ask what the new field broadly is? Are you staying in the gaming industry or getting out?

Philippopoulos #16 Posted 16 June 2016 - 07:19 PM

Private

• Player
  • 25427 battles
  • [QSF-E] QSF-E

hjsteg #17 Posted 16 June 2016 - 07:23 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 31623 battles
  • [WID] WID

Oh, sad news. But you might have found the right time to move on. We we miss you for sure. My highest regarded community manager/WG employee. I just want to say thank you for all you have done. You will be truly missed! Hope to catch you on stream from time to time. Best wishes to whatever you will do in the future.

rolfwar #18 Posted 16 June 2016 - 07:36 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 20626 battles
  • [FVRIE] FVRIE

_Crusad3r_ #19 Posted 16 June 2016 - 07:39 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28467 battles
Going to be honest and say that I didn't see this coming, really sad to see you go, you are one of the few people I actually see on Twitch etc from WG often. Good luck with your new job :) Keep up your awesome work as well :)

Sgt_Frosty #20 Posted 16 June 2016 - 08:01 PM

Private

• Player
  • 44183 battles
  • [DR1P] DR1P
Thank you for your service and best of luck for the future

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users