Quitting... again - need new games to keep me away for good!

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

ExclamationMark #1 Posted 19 June 2016 - 09:31 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 16775 battles

Hey everyone,

I could turn this into a pure whine topic (I was about to hit "submit" in Gameplay discussion) but, suffice to say, things simply aren't working. I thought things might have changed but nope... it's gotten noticeablely worse actually.

Crap, I whined! :angry:

Okay - so. I need some suggestions. Some other MMO to sate my needs - suggesting anything and everything. Something like WoT, just without the constant frustration it comes with. Doesn't need to be a specific genre (though I love space/SciFi, I'd loved to have played EVE Online but it was too late to get in to it). Doesn't need to be an MMO even. I was thinking about getting Battlefield 1 but my PC doesn't look like it could handle it (though I play on maximum in WoT with 50-80 FPS), might try installing BF3 again but - simply put, I suck at FPSs. That's why I keep coming back to WoT, you don't really need to have ninja-reactions to play well.

So yeah, not sure what else to say. I've got quite a lot of offline games (Skyrim, Fallouts, Borderlands etc) but I need a "main" game, and for me that's always been an online one (CoD > Minecraft > BF3 > TF2).

Thanks! :)

edit: I need other suggestions too! To make sure I never come back, I'm selling all my tanks (quite a few now :() and am going to rebuy other ones to mess around in! Full gold setups, goes without saying. Don't really like low tiers - tier 4-8 only. I'll post results. :trollface:

Edited by ExclamationMark, 19 June 2016 - 09:37 PM.

FluffyRedFox #2 Posted 19 June 2016 - 09:45 PM

General

• Player
  • 23880 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

War Thunder :trollface:

Being serious, the game I'm playing a lot of right now is Gmod with a few friends, not really an MMO but it has everything to keep me happy!

You want tanks? It has tanks!

Spoiler

You want a FPS? It has FPS!

Spoiler

You want balloon dogs? It has balloon dogs!

Spoiler

You want to stack teletubbies? Well guess what!

Spoiler

Gmod + Addons + Friends = A lot of fun.

Nishi_Kinuyo #3 Posted 19 June 2016 - 10:16 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 7832 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

If strategy is your thing, you could try Crusader Kings II, Europa Universalis IV,  Hearts of Iron IV, or Stellaris.

For FPS/MMO there's Fallen Earth I suppose.

The strategy ones in particular are fun even if you'd simply put it on observer mode and watch what weird stuff happens for that playthrough.

Laatikkomafia #4 Posted 20 June 2016 - 02:08 AM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 22322 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Forget everything you wrote.

Install Silent Storm and Silent Storm: Sentinels.

Ramp up the difficulty to the maximum. Enjoy.

MR_FIAT #5 Posted 20 June 2016 - 01:43 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 19921 battles
  • [_RBP_] _RBP_
if you thought wot is bad it wont get any better with other MMOs. if you want multiplayer you need something you can play with friends, my suggestions that arent already mentioned: terraria, contagion. 

ExclamationMark #6 Posted 20 June 2016 - 03:05 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 16775 battles

View PostMR_FIAT, on 20 June 2016 - 01:43 PM, said:

terraria

Funnily enough, I hate that game online, but love it offline. It's in-fact my main offline game right now. :P

Thanks for the other suggestions guys, I'll be sure to check them out... except Garry's Mod, I hate that also. :D

FluffyRedFox #7 Posted 20 June 2016 - 04:29 PM

General

• Player
  • 23880 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostExclamationMark, on 20 June 2016 - 02:05 PM, said:

except Garry's Mod, I hate that also. :D

5_InchFl0ppy #8 Posted 20 June 2016 - 04:43 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 40720 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

You can still play EVE.

There are skill injectors you can buy to help level out the playing field these days. I would recommend that you check out a guy called Suitonia who streams in cheap and accessible ships. He is aimed at solo pvp, so it still might be too advanced for a new player. If RVB (red vs blue) still exists then I highly advise checking them out if pvp is your thing.

Beware though, EVE is not for the faint hearted, and trust no one until you actually get to know them over a few weeks/months. Solo pvp in EVE is the most adrenaline pumping thing I have ever come across in gaming. Literally nothing comes close to it.

Check out Escape From Tarkov as well. Its a survival game that looks like it will be a ton of fun. You will probably need some reflexes to do half well, but in survival games you can also use your brain and pick your fights. I will be picking it up as soon as it is released so I can get my fill of being an arsehole bandit and mowing down everyone I can find (mostly at least). As long as they don't have hacking issues like every single other survival game, it has the potential to be an awesome experience.

I also think you are jumping ship at the right time. I literally came back a few days ago and I'm finding it hard to stay interested.

ExclamationMark #9 Posted 20 June 2016 - 06:17 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 16775 battles

View PostTac_p0liticallyCorrect, on 20 June 2016 - 04:43 PM, said:

You can still play EVE.

There are skill injectors you can buy to help level out the playing field these days. I would recommend that you check out a guy called Suitonia who streams in cheap and accessible ships. He is aimed at solo pvp, so it still might be too advanced for a new player. If RVB (red vs blue) still exists then I highly advise checking them out if pvp is your thing.

Beware though, EVE is not for the faint hearted, and trust no one until you actually get to know them over a few weeks/months. Solo pvp in EVE is the most adrenaline pumping thing I have ever come across in gaming. Literally nothing comes close to it.

Check out Escape From Tarkov as well. Its a survival game that looks like it will be a ton of fun. You will probably need some reflexes to do half well, but in survival games you can also use your brain and pick your fights. I will be picking it up as soon as it is released so I can get my fill of being an arsehole bandit and mowing down everyone I can find (mostly at least). As long as they don't have hacking issues like every single other survival game, it has the potential to be an awesome experience.

I also think you are jumping ship at the right time. I literally came back a few days ago and I'm finding it hard to stay interested.

I can't really agree. From what I've seen and heard, EVE is a massive game and has been around for what - close to 10 years? There'd just be too much to learn. I mean, I started playing WoT 2 years after it got "released". It doesn't really matter if you come 'late' to WoT, but if you do you're still at a disadvantage. I don't like that with MMOs.

I looked at Star Citizen also, looked great but, IIRC, the game has a pretty big P2W factor. I might be wrong but that's certainly the impression I got when I started perusing their forums. Survival games - yeah they're awesome fun, but I hate them quite a lot if I don't play with other people. Even in Minecraft, probably the easiest survival game (if you could call it that) out there, I didn't like it all that much if I played solo, even though I was pretty good at it (not that hard considering most of the people playing it were 12 year olds who treated you like gods if you told them your age :D). MineZ was absolute great craic if you play with friends, but it got so boring playing solo... Other survival games... You get the idea? :P

Guess I'll boot up steam again and see how many of my friends still use it. TF2 friends kinda became family when I was playing that game... Might sound sad, but yep. Actually, I'm going to re-install that too. 

And yeah. I'm not leaving because of what I've seen in WoT 2.0 but man... Some of the crap they're looking at changing. When I read "changing clickers so that all players enjoy them" I got a headache. I mean really, how stupid are WarGaming? They know it's the biggest problem in this game. Clickers are a minority. If you want to keep the majority, you need to nerf them, not change them positively... Just the thoughts of someone who doesn't like needing to camp B2 on Prokhorovka just to avoid getting shat on from some redbot at A0. They're even introducing that alternate-view mod for them.

Oh, and they're doing nothing about XVM. Or RNG... In fact, they're making it worse. But yep, every time I come back to this game, you enjoy the first day or two, but then all the crap you quit for comes back with a vengeance. :(

Nice wall of text bro...

Velvet_Underground #10 Posted 20 June 2016 - 08:59 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 22243 battles

I'd recommend the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series (survival fps, the multiplayer aspect should be pretty dead by now though) and Mount & Blade: Warband (random gameplay video incomming)

Mount and Blade has still a solid MP community, it's likely that you could play it online if you want

Laatikkomafia #11 Posted 20 June 2016 - 09:13 PM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 22322 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostVelvet_Underground, on 20 June 2016 - 09:59 PM, said:

I'd recommend the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series (survival fps, the multiplayer aspect should be pretty dead by now though) and Mount & Blade: Warband (random gameplay video incomming)

Mount and Blade has still a solid MP community, it's likely that you could play it online if you want

I suggest playing the Call of Pripyat. It is the best of the STALKER series.

ExclamationMark #12 Posted 20 June 2016 - 09:26 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 16775 battles

View PostVelvet_Underground, on 20 June 2016 - 08:59 PM, said:

Funny you should mention them. Both are actually my brother's favorite SP games. I should probably give them a try. 

View PostLaatikkomafia, on 20 June 2016 - 09:13 PM, said:

I suggest playing the Call of Pripyat. It is the best of the STALKER series.

Will do. :P

And obligatory update:

God that tank is awesome.

Edited by ExclamationMark, 20 June 2016 - 09:32 PM.

Joggaman #13 Posted 21 June 2016 - 01:07 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 24386 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostExclamationMark, on 20 June 2016 - 10:26 PM, said:

God that tank is awesome.

What am I looking for?:sceptic:

_Takumi_Fujiwara_ #14 Posted 21 June 2016 - 05:10 AM

Major

• Player
  • 19882 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

If you like tactical shooters, then you might enjoy 7,62 High Calibre. Old one, but don't let that fool you, it's a hell lot of fun. Just don't forget to install the BSM, and the Mercapocalipse mod. Single-player only, but kinda open-world.

Maybe Robocraft, if 7.62 isn't your style? You can build your own tank... or heli, plane, walker mech, whatever. PvP, but you can just try out your own creation against bots.

As fishbob said, GMod is also a great thing. You'll find an awful lot of mods out there. Explosives/bombs? Check. Drivable vehicles? Check. Guns? Check. You'll even find mods you didn't even asked for :teethhappy:

Desyatnik_Pansy #15 Posted 21 June 2016 - 05:19 AM

Bartender

• Player
  • 16749 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
Try Rising Storm 2/Red Orchestra 2, just so I can kill me an ExclamationMark before he learns how to play and keks my arse. :trollface:

ExclamationMark #16 Posted 21 June 2016 - 02:58 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 16775 battles

View PostJoggaman, on 21 June 2016 - 01:07 AM, said:

What am I looking for?:sceptic:

You're a Dinger, so this isn't shocking to you, but from the normal plebs, this'd get me a report. And it has too already. :(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users