Sandbox: Vehicle Roles

• Please log in to reply
191 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 05 July 2016 - 03:59 PM

Sergeant

• Content Team
  • 0 battles
Learn more about the currently tested redesign of vehicle roles!

Full news text

SlyMeerkat #2 Posted 05 July 2016 - 04:24 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15555 battles
  • [FILO] FILO
Interesting

HUN_Sector #3 Posted 05 July 2016 - 04:27 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 25475 battles

POPULAR

Catastrophic

Zhu_Bajie #4 Posted 05 July 2016 - 04:40 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 17399 battles

View PostHUN_Sector, on 05 July 2016 - 04:27 PM, said:

Catastrophic

^ this
Please don't.
This is just another case of fixing the wrong things until more broken than before.

WG, you should know what needs to be done/tested, as it has been elaborated by the community for years.
A new role system is not it.

ApolloF117 #5 Posted 05 July 2016 - 04:40 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 41387 battles
let me explain you the current sandbox and wgs vision of "global rebalane 2.0" current state: global catastrophe.

all you have to do is, listen carefully, u ready? U SURE? nerft gold ammo, nerf arty dmg. see? not that hard

Iudex_Gundyr #6 Posted 05 July 2016 - 04:54 PM

Private

• Player
  • 13004 battles
The exaggerated pen drop and accuracy changes are absolutely disgusting if they're not reversed guys, I mean come on. Competitiveness of this game will get reduced to zero, and so is the fun in playing it, even accurate guns get insane misses and sniper guns get bounces on relatively paper tanks...

And now the arty.. The stun on it and huge splash means you get killed by arty snapshots even when missing you by a mile, and its even more annoying than before.. How hard was it to reduce the alpha of all arties by 30%, reduce the reload so that the DPM is not changed, make the maximum pen 20-30mm, and oh look arty players don't have to wait 10 years to shot again; and no more toxic one shots, no more toxic stun. As a positive side, I do like the view range nerfs/rebalancing and the overall vehicle designation. Cruiser class need their top speed reduced though. And show some love for STB for once, nobody plays that even now, feels underwhelming.

Gremlin182 #7 Posted 05 July 2016 - 04:55 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 46109 battles

I'm really not getting some of the community when it comes to the sandbox or what they want.

I have played on the sandbox a fair bit and arty damage has been nerfed drastically by roughly 50% so 2000 damage down to 1000 for a tier 10 SPG.

And players that wanted arty damage nerfed are still complaining are some of you off your meds or what.

And the stun effect would you rather they were dead and needed a med kit or stunned for 20 seconds but can still move the tank and fire the gun.

I have been running couple of heavies with superheavy spal liners and have been able to almost ignore some arty hits.

APCR now has a big drop off at longer ranges and again that's wrong, it's just a test folks if it works it might get used if it doesn't something else can be tried.

Of course, there is a lot to do because if only APCR has a range nerf but HEAT and HESH doesn't then TDs and Tanks that use those will be way more effective snipers than those using APCR as a premium round.

Im really enjoying the sandbox experience and my reward is getting to try out a lot of tier 10 tanks before I grind my way to them in the normal game./

Edited by Gremlin182, 05 July 2016 - 04:58 PM.

Caoryn #8 Posted 05 July 2016 - 04:58 PM

Private

• Player
  • 23040 battles
  • [SWOE] SWOE

That sounds interesting...

However, I think the main problem with the tank classes is not the tank classes themselves, but instead your current map layouts - there simply aren't that many variations for all the various types of tanks to be useful in their designed role.

The clearest example of this probably would be the light tank scouts. Apart from standard battle Malinovka and Prokhorovka there are almost no maps where spotting range actually comes into play as a main mechanic of the map; the maps are too cramped both in overall size and by geographical features forcing - spotting "behind corners" oftentimes results in a lightie getting instantly evaporated simply because the ONE thing it is supposed to be good at, view range, does not help at this. And at the same time the maximum drawing distance is too limiting for everyone but the artillery - the second line support tanks still need to sit fairly close to the action, where they still get spotted and blown up.

"Cavalry tanks" suffer from this as well - they are built for flanking, but in the current size of battlefields, unless the enemy does an extreme lemming train, they have no way of getting from point A to point B undetected. There simply are not enough avenues of approach for that on most of the maps, or those are packed so close to each other that they can be covered by holding nearby choke points easily.

This comes from the experience of having a tank repeatedly thrown into a battlefield that it simply was not designed for (clearest example, Himmelsdorf and artillery) - having the ability to choose the tank at the start of the match would do loads of good with that.

Please, consider making larger maps - this would allow you to place more environments of differing strategical utility in each of them. Maybe fiddle with assymetrical maps and teams - have one side of a map be considered defence and have the matchmaker give this side more ambush and generally hard tanks (those "assymetrical battles" actually sound like event style battles now that I think about it).

Build encounter maps with multiple neutral points - let's say a major point in a main heavy-slugger area and secondary point(s) somewhere off the main roads that the nimble tanks would go for to give their heavies a boost. This would also have to go hand in hand with re-tweaking the whole game rewards from "blow them all up to make it worth any time" to objective based play though, I guess.

Eh, I'm ranting now,

Caoryn, over and out

Titan_Hyperion #9 Posted 05 July 2016 - 05:00 PM

Private

• Clan Diplomat
  • 9498 battles

vehicle roles... 

i like the idea but they forget 1 thing... the sandbox at the moment is only tier 10 and will go down.. and because they said they wont do anything about the matchmaking my thought is..

if you want vehicle roles but forget that a is-3 cant do the same role as a e-100 then you are really forgetting something..

because a E-100 is somehting compleet different then a is-3 its not the same and if you meet eachother the is-3 will go and run to another place but then hes role is gone, right?

Edited by coldjoshua2234, 05 July 2016 - 05:02 PM.

T1dus #10 Posted 05 July 2016 - 05:09 PM

Private

• Player
  • 32497 battles
  • [KROLL] KROLL
Please don't change the tank lines

LassiGAME #11 Posted 05 July 2016 - 05:11 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 27842 battles

Edited by Flankes91, 05 July 2016 - 05:11 PM.

Ian526 #12 Posted 05 July 2016 - 05:15 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 22172 battles
I'm quite interested in these changes and I'm quite skeptical as well. I consider this game quite more arcadish than War Camper where physics seems more heavier/sluggish - closer to real life. I'm worried that all these new changes will kill some of this games fast(er) + RNG gameplay. That's like changing Counter Strike to more like a Arma type game.

Teemto #13 Posted 05 July 2016 - 05:15 PM

Private

• Player
  • 22089 battles
  • [H-F-T] H-F-T

Again WG is listening to the idiots who're crying OP every chance they get.

These are usually the idiots that have 0 tactical insight, don't bother to look at the map (unless it's to spam) and generally waste the team's time by complaining of the poor MM.

If you don't like the game, go play BF, CS or what not. There you can run around at leisure like a headless chicken.

How can you spot them - i.e. know the game which is about to start will be an epic fail - look for the first guy which uses ****.....MM.

Eat_My_Bullet #14 Posted 05 July 2016 - 05:19 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 65 battles

The whole balance "2.0" won't be good for this game in future. Because people like those devs at the moment should never have finger in such things. And i rly would not be suprised if people will leave this game.

U wan't global balance?

- Make one top tier arty and 3 tiers lower arty, so max 2 artys per team. Remove autloading arty and give less damage per shoot. 850max for +200mm Guns and max 550 for -200mm guns

- Rework gold ammo? If u can carry 30 shells u can have max 7 gold shells

- And nerf/buff some tanks (Russian meds, E5 is3 etc.)

- Give LT normal MM that means +2... Nerf gun handling

-TD need alpha damage nerf of 128,150/155,170 and 183mm guns

Edited by Eat_My_Bullet, 05 July 2016 - 05:44 PM.

STRUCTO #15 Posted 05 July 2016 - 05:32 PM

Private

• Player
  • 50932 battles
  • [L-REM] L-REM

I hate this "STUN" thing thy put in the game..Now u are even more aware of arty!

And the spinning wheel on top of the tanks is irritating.

NERF ARTY MORE! ,so we do not have to play world of arty the whole time..

P.S

Sorry if i offended any arty players by saying this.

tigerstreak #16 Posted 05 July 2016 - 05:33 PM

Colonel

• Beta Tester
  • 23228 battles
  • [BL33T] BL33T
Sounds like the games being redesigned so russian meds, are getting the mother of all buffs

Folau #17 Posted 05 July 2016 - 05:46 PM

Major

• Player
  • 15254 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
One of the worst parts of the Sandbox, among a number of tragedies.

Edited by Folau, 05 July 2016 - 05:48 PM.

Alabamatick #18 Posted 05 July 2016 - 05:53 PM

Major

• Player
  • 31849 battles

So on what maps are fire support and ambush tanks supposed to use ranged fire and stealth on ?

especially with the lack of bushes / corridors / lumps and bumps, now with extra pen drop off and  bad  even worse dispersion :facepalm:

krautjaeger #19 Posted 05 July 2016 - 05:55 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 13725 battles
Will tank icons be updated to work with the new roles? Not just LT, MT, HT, TD and SPG icons.

avengerczr #20 Posted 05 July 2016 - 05:56 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 31884 battles
  • [OAP] OAP

View PostCaoryn, on 05 July 2016 - 03:58 PM, said:

That sounds interesting...

However, I think the main problem with the tank classes is not the tank classes themselves, but instead your current map layouts - there simply aren't that many variations for all the various types of tanks to be useful in their designed role.

The clearest example of this probably would be the light tank scouts. Apart from standard battle Malinovka and Prokhorovka there are almost no maps where spotting range actually comes into play as a main mechanic of the map; the maps are too cramped both in overall size and by geographical features forcing - spotting "behind corners" oftentimes results in a lightie getting instantly evaporated simply because the ONE thing it is supposed to be good at, view range, does not help at this. And at the same time the maximum drawing distance is too limiting for everyone but the artillery - the second line support tanks still need to sit fairly close to the action, where they still get spotted and blown up.

"Cavalry tanks" suffer from this as well - they are built for flanking, but in the current size of battlefields, unless the enemy does an extreme lemming train, they have no way of getting from point A to point B undetected. There simply are not enough avenues of approach for that on most of the maps, or those are packed so close to each other that they can be covered by holding nearby choke points easily.

This comes from the experience of having a tank repeatedly thrown into a battlefield that it simply was not designed for (clearest example, Himmelsdorf and artillery) - having the ability to choose the tank at the start of the match would do loads of good with that.

Please, consider making larger maps - this would allow you to place more environments of differing strategical utility in each of them. Maybe fiddle with assymetrical maps and teams - have one side of a map be considered defence and have the matchmaker give this side more ambush and generally hard tanks (those "assymetrical battles" actually sound like event style battles now that I think about it).

Build encounter maps with multiple neutral points - let's say a major point in a main heavy-slugger area and secondary point(s) somewhere off the main roads that the nimble tanks would go for to give their heavies a boost. This would also have to go hand in hand with re-tweaking the whole game rewards from "blow them all up to make it worth any time" to objective based play though, I guess.

Eh, I'm ranting now,

Caoryn, over and out

This makes a lot of good sense.

I suggest/agree the following:

Bigger maps with fewer channeling features so meds and scouts can manoeuvre to gain advantage.

Arty should be reduced in Apha damage.  Stunning is a good idea within reason.  Maybe smoke shells?  But much would be achieved in just limiting to 1 arty per team.

The biggest thing needing fixing though is the crazy MM system.  Too often one team has far more top tier heavies; even worse when it is the team defending in an assault map.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users