new game game

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

justria #1 Posted 05 July 2016 - 05:28 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7796 battles

Hi, I'm Maria!

So, a couple days ago I sent a 'ticket' about a new game idea I had because, you know, I didn't find any other place to place my suggestion. Customer service brought me here, though my game idea hasn't got to do with World Of Tanks.

What I have in mind is a 'shooter' kind of game. Sure, it is not Wargaming's style. Maybe it's not even possible to do as a free game, but I still would like to share my idea nonetheless. The shooter game would start off with recruits of different countries - just like WoT, WoWS and WoWP. The recruits could have different weapons, 'modules', that would help them get better. They could branch into different types of soldiers, maybe even specialized with different types of weapons that would make them better in their branch until Tier X.

I would like Wargaming developers to see this, maybe even comment about why it is or isn't possible to do.

Thank you for reading! :)

qpranger #2 Posted 05 July 2016 - 05:39 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 33233 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
From muskets to AK-47s ?

Ulfhedinn_ #3 Posted 05 July 2016 - 05:40 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 48246 battles

It's a good idea, and huge potential historically. Though, have you looked at Total War Arena? It's a free to play MMO where you do what you describe, but with units of soldiers rather than individuals (set in the Ancient period, so Romans, Greeks, ancient Germanics & Celts etc), each game you have 3 units, in teams of 10 players v 10, so in total 30 units v 30. Module upgrades just like in WOT's, but for helmets, swords, shields, etc, even hallucinogenic or magic rune war paint and mushrooms for the Barbarians. It's really good, but I quit as it became dominated by platoons which unbalanced it too much and I only play solo. Although that might just have been due to their recruitment method, at the time they were still in Alpha then Beta and were recruiting players via member get member, so platoons were naturally very common. Maybe better for solo's now since they've had more open recruitment. You can find it on Steam.

edit - and arty in that game is ace, stone throwers and bolt throwers, Onagers the size of a house that throw huge rocks and literally splat people, or flaming pots of oil that set people on fire. Or bolts that skewer whole columns at once. And the dead stay on the map, it's carnage :-)

And there's ancient booby traps, like caltrops your scout units can drop, or hide stakes in undergrowth, then entice enemy to charge onto them and watch them crumple lol. Actually, a mine laying tank would be good in WOT's, maybe it could be a new consumable for scout tanks, 5 mines they can drop (or is that Mario carts, I spend too much time in my Luchs).

Edited by Ulfhedinn_, 05 July 2016 - 05:51 PM.

Obsessive_Compulsive #4 Posted 05 July 2016 - 05:59 PM

General

• Player
  • 26448 battles
  • [ADUK] ADUK

I have to say if its not to do with WOT why is it being posted here in the WOT gameplay section? I very much doubt WG support brought  you here. There is an off-topic section which should net you 3 views by the end of summer. Ah.. I see why you posted it here. Fair play.

Aye why not world of duty sounds good.:trollface:

justria #5 Posted 05 July 2016 - 06:08 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7796 battles

View PostConor_Notorious_McGregor, on 05 July 2016 - 05:59 PM, said:

I have to say if its not to do with WOT why is it being posted here in the WOT gameplay section? I very much doubt WG support brought  you here. There is an off-topic section which should net you 3 views by the end of summer. Ah.. I see why you posted it here. Fair play.

Aye why not world of duty sounds good.:trollface:

Okay, first of all. If you have nothing good to say, then say nothing at all. It is not that hard of a thing to do.

Just to help you out with your trust issues, here you have the link where you can clearly see the link they gave me: https://eu.wargaming...tickets/1556579 .

Thank you for your attention and your unwanted sarcasm. :)

250swb #6 Posted 05 July 2016 - 06:19 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 22936 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
[edited]

Edited by BigBadVuk, 06 July 2016 - 01:04 PM.
This post was moderated by WG staff due to inappropriate content

justria #7 Posted 05 July 2016 - 06:22 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7796 battles

View Post250swb, on 05 July 2016 - 06:19 PM, said:

[edited]

If you really don't like the post, why even reply? Makes no sense to me. Just let it die or whatever.

Edited by BigBadVuk, 06 July 2016 - 01:06 PM.

jabster #8 Posted 05 July 2016 - 06:32 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12555 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View Postjustria, on 05 July 2016 - 05:22 PM, said:

If you really don't like the post, why even reply? Makes no sense to me. Just let it die or whatever.

Unfortunately forums don't work like that. If someone doesn't like your post they have as much right to say so as you do to create the thread.

With reference to your OP, yes it's horribly off-topic and I'm not sure what purpose you think it serves in posting in the WoT Gameplay section.

Ulfhedinn_ #9 Posted 05 July 2016 - 06:33 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 48246 battles

They are just trolling you. Lots of people try to post stuff in Gameplay as it's most read section, even though often it isn't to do with Gameplay or are just duplicate threads, then later on the Forum Mods move threads that aren't entirely to do with WOT's Gameplay to other sections, often Off-Topic, and they merge or delete duplicate threads. Won't be any comeback or hassle for you posting this in Gameplay cuz as a forum newbie no way for you to have known. So enjoy the extra hits your thread will get in Gameplay section until and if the Mods move it to off-section and ignore the trolls, they are just bored and looking for fun :-)

edit - and reasonably, your idea is to do with a game, which is arguably Gameplay, so easy to understand why it seemed right / fair enough for a forum newbie to post this thread here. And it's a good idea, and it is only a game forum, it's hardly a big thing.

Edited by Ulfhedinn_, 05 July 2016 - 06:38 PM.

justria #10 Posted 05 July 2016 - 06:50 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7796 battles

View PostUlfhedinn_, on 05 July 2016 - 06:33 PM, said:

They are just trolling you. Lots of people try to post stuff in Gameplay as it's most read section, even though often it isn't to do with Gameplay or are just duplicate threads, then later on the Forum Mods move threads that aren't entirely to do with WOT's Gameplay to other sections, often Off-Topic, and they merge or delete duplicate threads. Won't be any comeback or hassle for you posting this in Gameplay cuz as a forum newbie no way for you to have known. So enjoy the extra hits your thread will get in Gameplay section until and if the Mods move it to off-section and ignore the trolls, they are just bored and looking for fun :-)

edit - and reasonably, your idea is to do with a game, which is arguably Gameplay, so easy to understand why it seemed right / fair enough for a forum newbie to post this thread here. And it's a good idea, and it is only a game forum, it's hardly a big thing.

Thing is I am not the one who randomly chose this thread. I explained a few comments ago that I posted this here because Customer Service linked me to this thread. I wasn't trying to get views at all, but more like follow what I was being told. Sorry if I bothered someone with this thread...

jabster #11 Posted 05 July 2016 - 06:53 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12555 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View Postjustria, on 05 July 2016 - 05:50 PM, said:

Thing is I am not the one who randomly chose this thread. I explained a few comments ago that I posted this here because Customer Service linked me to this thread. I wasn't trying to get views at all, but more like follow what I was being told. Sorry if I bothered someone with this thread...

Unfortunately, again, customer support have a habit of just saying post in the forums with any suggestions raised as a ticket. I suppose a question to ask is what response did you think you'd get from raising a ticket?

Ulfhedinn_ #12 Posted 05 July 2016 - 06:54 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 48246 battles
re Justria, exactly, lots of people do it, you did nothing wrong at all, especially as a forum newbie. And you definitely didn't bother anyone, it's just bored people home from work looking for something to pick on for fun. No genuine meanness, and ideas are always good, always say them, never let people knock you down for having ideas and saying them.

Edited by Ulfhedinn_, 05 July 2016 - 06:55 PM.

ricoBenitez1 #13 Posted 05 July 2016 - 06:56 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 506 battles
[edited]

Edited by BigBadVuk, 06 July 2016 - 01:06 PM.
This post was moderated by Wg staff due to inappropriate content

justria #14 Posted 05 July 2016 - 07:00 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7796 battles

View Postjabster, on 05 July 2016 - 06:53 PM, said:

Unfortunately, again, customer support have a habit of just saying post in the forums with any suggestions raised as a ticket. I suppose a question to ask is what response did you think you'd get from raising a ticket?

I actually tried to get an e-mail at first but I couldn't, so I thought... Why not? And I sent it in and I got an answer. So I just followed their instructions, which I believe is nothing bad. 

View PostUlfhedinn_, on 05 July 2016 - 06:54 PM, said:

re Justria, exactly, lots of people do it, you did nothing wrong at all, especially as a forum newbie. And you definitely didn't bother anyone, it's just bored people home from work looking for something to pick on for fun. No genuine meanness, and ideas are always good, always say them, never let people knock you down for having ideas and saying them.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. You're lovely. :)

View PostricoBenitez1, on 05 July 2016 - 06:56 PM, said:

Welldone Rita, good try. 

But you failed with this.

Maria*. I don't mind failing, that means I can learn from my mistakes. How much fun would it be were I to do things right?

jabster #15 Posted 05 July 2016 - 07:05 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12555 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View Postjustria, on 05 July 2016 - 06:00 PM, said:

I actually tried to get an e-mail at first but I couldn't, so I thought... Why not? And I sent it in and I got an answer. So I just followed their instructions, which I believe is nothing bad. 

It's not bad as such but sit back a bit a think even if you had got an e-mail address what do you think the recipient would have done with it?

justria #16 Posted 05 July 2016 - 07:07 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7796 battles

View Postjabster, on 05 July 2016 - 07:05 PM, said:

It's not bad as such but sit back a bit a think even if you had got an e-mail address what do you think the recipient would have done with it?

I'm very impulsive, so I wouldn't have thought of it. More like do it and then wait for an answer. If it never came, I would forget about it. If it did and it was rude, I wouldn't reply. If it did and it was nice, I would love it and answer if the case were appropiate.

jabster #17 Posted 05 July 2016 - 07:12 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12555 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View Postjustria, on 05 July 2016 - 06:07 PM, said:

I'm very impulsive, so I wouldn't have thought of it. More like do it and then wait for an answer. If it never came, I would forget about it. If it did and it was rude, I wouldn't reply. If it did and it was nice, I would love it and answer if the case were appropiate.

To make it simple. The reply you got was being nice in a we don't care so stop bothering us way.

Edited by jabster, 05 July 2016 - 07:13 PM.

justria #18 Posted 05 July 2016 - 07:16 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7796 battles

View Postjabster, on 05 July 2016 - 07:12 PM, said:

To make it simple. The reply you got was being nice in a we don't care so stop bothering us way.

I did notice a bit of that, but that doesn't mean I won't go for the alternative they gave me. Maybe they mistook the link or they randomly picked one, but it is not my fault that they were not interested in helping me or that they did a bad job with the link they provided. Why any of you come and snoop into a thread to bash it as much as possible is remarkably stupid and a huge waste of time to me.

jabster #19 Posted 05 July 2016 - 07:29 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12555 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View Postjustria, on 05 July 2016 - 06:16 PM, said:

I did notice a bit of that, but that doesn't mean I won't go for the alternative they gave me. Maybe they mistook the link or they randomly picked one, but it is not my fault that they were not interested in helping me or that they did a bad job with the link they provided. Why any of you come and snoop into a thread to bash it as much as possible is remarkably stupid and a huge waste of time to me.

Well basically you've posted in a sub-forum for WoT Gameplay when your thread has nothing to do with it. The replies may be harsh but with hindsight do you think they were unexpected?

Tony_EU #20 Posted 05 July 2016 - 07:30 PM

Major

• Player
  • 50 battles
  • [RASHA] RASHA
[edited]

Edited by BigBadVuk, 06 July 2016 - 01:10 PM.
This post was moderated by WG staff due to inappropriate content

Also tagged with new game, game

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users