AMX 12 t

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

alpenskier #21 Posted 08 January 2018 - 05:05 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12695 battles
  • [-AND-] -AND-

I love this tank. I'm by far not the best player but somehow keep my WN8 in it in excess of 2000.

My 2 cents to the discussion:

1. If you're a top tier - fine with AP, if you're middle or bottom - safe to switch to ACPR straight away.

2. You're a light tank so live until the last 5 mins of the battle (unless it's a mad rush which you're losing, then try to kill arty or be otherwise useful to the team)

3. My equipment setup is VStab, Optics and Vents. I don't play much as a passive scout, rather adopted an assassin style.

4. Fully support the advice above - peek out from behind a cover backwards - less exposure to enemy fire, faster run after.

5. Don't do very sharp turns especially on slopes - the tank is very unstable at high speeds/sharp maneuvres and can turn upside down easily.

6. Research the bulb with your Commander first thing ASAP.

7. If you are going for an assassination kill - make sure you can kill with tank with 3 rounds of ammo - 1 of your 4 may bounce or miss the target.

8. When loaded with ACPR and as top tier - use autoaim when circling the enemy. Actually, learn to circle the enemy, especially slower tanks and shell out your damage. 

9. Again, sit out and don't be tempted to spot actively if you are top tier and the cover's location is well known. Your value increases exponentially the closer to the end game you get - don't just feel pushed to go out and rush to die having spotted 1 or 2 enemies who wouldn't receive any damage because your allies aren't ready or mucking around.

10. Enjoy it!

Labrador_wow_wow #22 Posted 16 January 2018 - 10:10 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 34665 battles

The WN8 values on this thing are screwed, aren't they?

Apart from that, it's a nice little toy. Don't rush at the start, use your fine auto-loader to wear down the enemy and don't hesitate to reload if you have 2 shots left in your clip and 20 second spare. 

Afdass #23 Posted 17 January 2018 - 03:42 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12991 battles

View PostLabrador_wow_wow, on 16 January 2018 - 09:10 PM, said:

The WN8 values on this thing are screwed, aren't they?

Apart from that, it's a nice little toy. Don't rush at the start, use your fine auto-loader to wear down the enemy and don't hesitate to reload if you have 2 shots left in your clip and 20 second spare. 

When you have a 4-shell autoloader with around 18-19sec and you usally penetrate 3/4 shots, if you do this again 2 or 3 times during a battle, as the shells are from a low caliber (low damage), you find yourself making insane wn8 with average damage games. Every tank with nice RoF and lower caliber guns tend to "grind" wn8 like crazy.

Labrador_wow_wow #24 Posted 17 January 2018 - 11:09 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 34665 battles

View PostAfdass, on 17 January 2018 - 02:42 AM, said:

When you have a 4-shell autoloader with around 18-19sec and you usally penetrate 3/4 shots, if you do this again 2 or 3 times during a battle, as the shells are from a low caliber (low damage), you find yourself making insane wn8 with average damage games. Every tank with nice RoF and lower caliber guns tend to "grind" wn8 like crazy.

Sure, it gives good results (200 to 300 dmg more than in a med for me), but wasn't WN8 a value relative to how other players perform with the same tank? 

JCTagger #25 Posted 23 January 2018 - 03:56 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14887 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Well...

I only started the French LT line cos I was sick to death of getting clipped by bloody autoloaders...

Now I get to the 12t, and I find I utterly stink in it - oh, and the earlier comments about it's capacity to attract utter crap teams? Yep, that - tinfoil hat time though it may seem, and admitting the small sample size, I've had ONE good game in it (which was a loss), and so far 1 win out of seven matches...

Currently, I  feel it's an utter dog, and I'm considering free-XPing past it...

Worst thing is feeling that I've wasted the Girl crew I've put in it... Though the Fench heavy lines are a bit odd, too, I read...

I'm gonna try Alpenskier's tip about reversing out for the shot, though...

Labrador_wow_wow #26 Posted 23 January 2018 - 04:36 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 34665 battles

View PostJCTagger, on 23 January 2018 - 02:56 PM, said:

Well...

I only started the French LT line cos I was sick to death of getting clipped by bloody autoloaders...

Now I get to the 12t, and I find I utterly stink in it - oh, and the earlier comments about it's capacity to attract utter crap teams? Yep, that - tinfoil hat time though it may seem, and admitting the small sample size, I've had ONE good game in it (which was a loss), and so far 1 win out of seven matches...

Currently, I  feel it's an utter dog, and I'm considering free-XPing past it...

Worst thing is feeling that I've wasted the Girl crew I've put in it... Though the Fench heavy lines are a bit odd, too, I read...

I'm gonna try Alpenskier's tip about reversing out for the shot, though...

Try playing it more like a med rather than a first line/spotter light tank. You have a lot of dmg potential, okayish mobility but poor view range, no armour and no health. If you tend to die in the first 2 minutes, you're doing it wrong :-) 

JCTagger #27 Posted 23 January 2018 - 05:17 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14887 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Oh, I'm definitely doing it wrong! It's only cos I went out and made a drink for Mrs Tagger and I that this isn't a sweary rage post! :confused:

It seems to have a seperate MM to my other vehicles - doesn't matter what one does with an armour-free LT, if you have a THPESHUL team, not much you can do... Oh, and I have yet to not be bottom tier in it...

Afdass #28 Posted 23 January 2018 - 07:17 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12991 battles

The 12t is the kind of tank you either hate or love. Personally I hated that thing. Mobility was nothing to be pround of, gun handling was a joke, DPM was atrocious - 1.1k, 540 clip potential (which isn't bad, but then put a 20sec reload on that, things tend to change to worse) - 2.5sec in-between shells and poor VR. Play it like a kemp-bush machine in early-game stages and close to the mid/end-game start doing your assassination rounds. 

Once you reach the 13 75 I'm sure you will find that more playable. Is pretty much a better 12t on steroids, with same gun, better overall mobility, with 50% more DPM because of the 12/13sec reload it has now. 

Oldewolfe #29 Posted 02 October 2018 - 02:29 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 521 battles

Late Addition, just got this Tank, freebied thru to it from the Tier 1 since I have a few Autoloaders already.....

I'm really liking it so far even if RNG and MM don't.....         I am finding it Harder to actually Scout in, which is Fine, compared to my 13/57.....       But, this thing actually has a Good Gun despite the Slow Turret Rotation.....

I am using my 13/57 Crew so they already had 6th and Camo at 100%.....     Right now they're 65% or so thru the second Skills which haven't been Chosen yet, but leaning on BiA for the Bonuses....      I went Vents, Binoc's, and Net for now and may eventually add GLD ince the Vision Skills get up there....

My Goal is to get the BC 12T and mabye the AMX by Frontline's return....     We'll see.....

Oldewolfe #30 Posted 22 October 2018 - 12:08 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 521 battles

Update Time....     Just started a 2nd Crew at about 99 Battles or so....         At 106 Battles, got the First Gun Mark and it allowed me to Finish Light Tank Campaign 15 for the Stug IV.....      By Far my Favorite Tier 6 in my Garage to date.....        All while keeping a 50% or Better WR.....

I also Added the 13/75 to the Garage, using my Original Crew feom the 13/57 and AMX 12 T, it's also maintaining a Good Record so far.....         I'm really liking these Tanks and can't wait for the BC 12T.....

baribal_80 #31 Posted 10 November 2018 - 02:35 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24604 battles
  • [OHFR] OHFR
It's a great tank but it requires a strong crew to shine. It sounds bad for a t6 but otherwise you need to run binos over optics (I had 458m vr with optics and vents). Strangely people reallly suck at spotting in this thing. Got #1 on EU for November in this thing by a large margin while being #9 on dpg just because only 1 other person does 900+ assist per battle and most do sub 800. Know your bushes but also know that with maxed camo you sit at 38.8. You can afford to sit in the open if you know where the enemies are and what their vr is. 

Snaques #32 Posted 21 November 2018 - 10:10 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 30331 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-

Three marked this today. Pretty nice tank just like all french autoloading LTs. I almost feel like they are the same tank through the tech tree, just buffed as the tiers get higher. Once you know how to play one, you know them all.

Used the usual Vstab, Vents and Optics.

baribal_80 #33 Posted 23 November 2018 - 02:49 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24604 battles
  • [OHFR] OHFR

View PostSnaques, on 21 November 2018 - 09:10 PM, said:

Three marked this today. Pretty nice tank just like all french autoloading LTs. I almost feel like they are the same tank through the tech tree, just buffed as the tiers get higher. Once you know how to play one, you know them all.

Used the usual Vstab, Vents and Optics.

I did the same a few weeks agou and yeah it feels similar though the t7 feels sloooow because of lowish top speed. 

Oldewolfe #34 Posted 23 November 2018 - 09:56 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 521 battles

The Emils were the same way when I went that Grind, one was a Progression of the Last.....      Smooth Grinds that way.....       Don't even have to Change the way you Play either....

Too bad there aren't more Grinds like that...

baribal_80 #35 Posted 25 November 2018 - 10:40 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24604 battles
  • [OHFR] OHFR

View PostOldewolfe, on 23 November 2018 - 08:56 PM, said:

The Emils were the same way when I went that Grind, one was a Progression of the Last.....      Smooth Grinds that way.....       Don't even have to Change the way you Play either....

Too bad there aren't more Grinds like that...

I'm happy there are no grinds like that. It would be boring

TwoPointsOfInterest #36 Posted 13 January 2019 - 10:02 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 5876 battles

I’ve heard mixed things about the French autoloading lights, but I must say I am impressed with the 12t so far. Played about ~30games so far and found it to be very capable. The gun is punchy with the pen values being decent (apcr is more than enough to go through the sides of tier 8s) and the clip damage is respectable. The tank also has decent mobility so easy to circle, evade and reposition.

Few weaknesses would be the limited gun elevation, not something I am used to and has caught me out in a couple of situations for sure. The clip damage at 530 is not enough to clip same tier scouts so it’s important to go with support of another light or fast medium in the early game engagements. Engine seems to get damaged a lot but that’s most likely due to not having much armour at all so shots generally causing a lot of module damage. Finally you are easily outspotted by tier 8 and some tier 7 vehicles so passive scouting can be difficult to do well in +2 games 

Overall very happy with this tank, looking foward to finishing the grind and if the rest of the line is like this looking foward to going up the tiers!

Also tagged with AMX 12 t

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users