T28E F30 Guide

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

HitasTitas #1 Posted 11 July 2016 - 06:41 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7627 battles

Please help, I want to make more credits. (Sadly this is the only tank that I can afford).

DerpMcBrexit #2 Posted 11 July 2016 - 07:07 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 21281 battles
  • [MEME] MEME

Play the T28E as a 2nd line vehicle, it's got mediocre armor, nothing to rely on but you can bounce some shots off same tier vehicles. Use your gun at around 200-300 meters, it's got insane penetration so as long as you don't shoot at well armored vehicles, your shots will pen and do a nice chunk of damage. If you can afford it, definitely mount Rammer/Vents/Gun Laying Drive to maximize it's potential. If you're shooting tier 4 tanks, a lot of the time you can fire HE and penetrate them for even more damage, however, only do this against scouts and light armored mediums/arty/tds. A viable tactic is firing a HE into their tracks to immobilize them and then fire round after round into their weakest armor due to the nice Rate of Fire. For ammo, you can take 50 AP, 25 APCR and 25 HE, just in case you need to pen strong armored vehicles, but 99% of the time, your AP and HE is more than enough. For consumables, use the basic, Repair kit, First Aid kit and a Fire Ext. For your crew, you want to train repairs ASAP, it's overall usefulness on your vehicle makes it a prime choice, after you hit 100 % repairs retrain your commander to have 100% Sixth Sense, this is very useful on almost any vehicle on the game, this is especially useless on the T28E as it's got notoriously bad camo and you want to know when you're spotted in order to avoid being shot at all costs. You will also want to retrain your Loader so you get Safe Stowage to reduce the chance of your ammo rack being hit, leave repairs at 100% on the remaining crew, and learn Smooth Ride and Snap Shot on the Driver and Gunner, and Sit Awareness and Signal Boosting on your Radio Operators and this vehicle should become a lot easier to play and make credits. Also, if you have any gold/IRL Cash, it's always nice to invest in some premium time, you make 50% bonus exp and credits so the credits will roll in.

Hope this has helped

Nub

Edited by Nub_Poteto, 11 July 2016 - 07:11 PM.

HitasTitas #3 Posted 11 July 2016 - 07:13 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7627 battles

View PostNub_Poteto, on 11 July 2016 - 07:07 PM, said:

Play the T28E as a 2nd line vehicle, it's got mediocre armor, nothing to rely on but you can bounce some shots off same tier vehicles. Use your gun at around 200-300 meters, it's got insane penetration so as long as you don't shoot at well armored vehicles, your shots will pen and do a nice chunk of damage. If you can afford it, definitely mount Rammer/Vents/Gun Laying Drive to maximize it's potential. If you're shooting tier 4 tanks, a lot of the time you can fire HE and penetrate them for even more damage, however, only do this against scouts and light armored mediums/arty/tds. A viable tactic is firing a HE into their tracks to immobilize them and then fire round after round into their weakest armor due to the nice Rate of Fire. For ammo, you can take 50 AP, 25 APCR and 25 HE, just in case you need to pen strong armored vehicles, but 99% of the time, your AP and HE is more than enough. For consumables, use the basic, Repair kit, First Aid kit and a Fire Ext. For your crew, you want to train repairs ASAP, it's overall usefulness on your vehicle makes it a prime choice, after you hit 100 % repairs retrain your commander to have 100% Sixth Sense, this is very useful on almost any vehicle on the game, this is especially useless on the T28E as it's got notoriously bad camo and you want to know when you're spotted in order to avoid being shot at all costs. You will also want to retrain your Loader so you get Safe Stowage to reduce the chance of your ammo rack being hit, leave repairs at 100% on the remaining crew, and learn Smooth Ride and Snap Shot on the Driver and Gunner, and Sit Awareness and Signal Boosting on your Radio Operators and this vehicle should become a lot easier to play and make credits. Also, if you have any gold/IRL Cash, it's always nice to invest in some premium time, you make 50% bonus exp and credits so the credits will roll in.

Hope this has helped

Nub

Thank you. And yes I am a nub

Edited by HitasTitas, 11 July 2016 - 07:13 PM.

DerpMcBrexit #4 Posted 11 July 2016 - 07:14 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 21281 battles
  • [MEME] MEME

View PostHitasTitas, on 11 July 2016 - 06:13 PM, said:

Thank you. And yes I am a nub

Aren't we all? :trollface:

HitasTitas #5 Posted 11 July 2016 - 07:18 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7627 battles

View PostNub_Poteto, on 11 July 2016 - 07:14 PM, said:

Aren't we all? :trollface:

Dunno. What is your WN8?

DerpMcBrexit #6 Posted 11 July 2016 - 08:54 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 21281 battles
  • [MEME] MEME
Only 1.4k :(

Skiferu #7 Posted 11 July 2016 - 10:38 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 30598 battles

View PostNub_Poteto, on 11 July 2016 - 07:54 PM, said:

Only 1.4k :(

And some XVM camo. :bush:

Sams_Baneblade #8 Posted 13 July 2016 - 07:00 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17342 battles
  • [SA_LT] SA_LT

Nub_Poteto described it well.

However, I run mine with a different setup: (Sadly, my review is in french)

Modules: Rammer, GLD and... Binocs.
Crew: BIA, 6th sense, smooth ride, snapshot and... camo.

I hide that big butt behind some solid cover with a bush next to it, at some distance from where the ennemy should come. With camo, it won't be super stealthy, but it still much better than base camo. Binocs improve further the already amazing view range, I outspot anything that comes toward me (447m, BIA included).
After I shoot an ennemy (twice it its turret is turned in another direction), I immediately roll back if I'm spotted. I come back when I'm not visible anymore.
When I am forced to engage targets in close combat, I still use some solid cover and pop out during ennemy reload. Along with the large HP pool, it helps to take the advantage when trading HP with other tanks.
I try to NEVER get caught in the open (easy target) or engage the ennemy at medium range: either I camp far away or I go full close combat, because of the aim time.

75% WR approves. :teethhappy:

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I run it with Combat Rations.
And here is my best recent replay. 100% hit rate.

Edited by Sams_Baneblade, 13 July 2016 - 08:13 PM.

HitasTitas #9 Posted 13 July 2016 - 09:05 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7627 battles

View PostSams_Baneblade, on 13 July 2016 - 07:00 PM, said:

Nub_Poteto described it well.

However, I run mine with a different setup: (Sadly, my review is in french)

Modules: Rammer, GLD and... Binocs.
Crew: BIA, 6th sense, smooth ride, snapshot and... camo.

I hide that big butt behind some solid cover with a bush next to it, at some distance from where the ennemy should come. With camo, it won't be super stealthy, but it still much better than base camo. Binocs improve further the already amazing view range, I outspot anything that comes toward me (447m, BIA included).
After I shoot an ennemy (twice it its turret is turned in another direction), I immediately roll back if I'm spotted. I come back when I'm not visible anymore.
When I am forced to engage targets in close combat, I still use some solid cover and pop out during ennemy reload. Along with the large HP pool, it helps to take the advantage when trading HP with other tanks.
I try to NEVER get caught in the open (easy target) or engage the ennemy at medium range: either I camp far away or I go full close combat, because of the aim time.

75% WR approves. :teethhappy:

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I run it with Combat Rations.
And here is my best recent replay. 100% hit rate.

Thank you

BaconInMyPants #10 Posted 05 August 2016 - 01:42 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3270 battles
looks like a great tank, never played it tho. i wish i could buy one. anyone knows when it might be available in the premium shop again?

Sams_Baneblade #11 Posted 30 August 2016 - 12:02 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17342 battles
  • [SA_LT] SA_LT

View PostBaconInMyPants, on 05 August 2016 - 01:42 PM, said:

looks like a great tank, never played it tho. i wish i could buy one. anyone knows when it might be available in the premium shop again?

I guess it might comes back as a collector's gem of the week or as a New Year bundle. Best thing to do is to check the news regularly. :)

But honestly, seen how broken it is, I was already very surprised when WG sold it a second time, for a whole month. I was expecting it would never come back (what is totally possible in the future: it might never come back in the shop).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users