Which Tier 8 Tank is very fun and totally worth having in your Garage?!

Worth it Tier8 Tier9 Medium Heavy Tankdestroyer Garage fun

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

anonym_YNch2j0j5oJ9 #1 Posted 13 July 2016 - 12:03 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 0 battles

First of all - if you don't have anything contribute and is just here to insult me or etc., leave now. :P
Hey! I like WoT a lot, i just want to have fun in WoT as much as i possibly can. Currently my garage is basically an IS-6, Type 64 and Churchil III, Tier 8 i feel is probably the best Tier in the game to have fun, Tier 9-10 loses too much money, and they are too far to grind for, for noobs like me that just wants to have fun. I have over almost 300k to convert soon, so basically ANY tier 8 tank with their best guns i can get for sure.
I'm not interested in SPG's and Light Tanks.

So, heavy tanks - I have the IS tank at tier 7, but at tier 8 i got the IS-6 instead of the IS-3, for credit making reasons, are any other Tier 8 heavy tanks worth getting if i already have the IS-6 in my garage? unless one of them has a completely different gamestyle..
Medium Tanks - none of the tier 8 medium tanks actually made an impression on me, except for the T-54 mod 1, so possibly i can leave my 300k credits unconverted, and buy the T54 mod 1, instead,? it seems pretty great :D
Tankdestroyers - i played in the test servers with the 3 best TD"s at tier 8, Borsig feels very hard to be good in, so the decision can possibly be between ISU-152 and mighty Ferdinand. Are they worth it though?

So the basic summary of my questions: 

-Heavy Tanks- with IS6 in garage, anything else at T8 worth it?
-Mediums-T-54 mod1 is worth getting? (or what other T8 mediums?)
-TD- Ferdinand or ISU-152, are any of them worth getting?

feel free to add other options, ur answers should be based on the tanks being very very very enjoyable and a lot of fun!

Thanks for ur time!! :D

Nokkeli #2 Posted 13 July 2016 - 12:09 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20272 battles
  • [SWEDH] SWEDH

Based on what you have

Tier 8 heavy would be IS-3, you have the IS-6 so you have the crew already

Tier 8 medium woulde be Obj. 416 for the same reason as above.

I don't really like TD so i don't know too well but the rhm borsig seems like someting you would want at tier 8

kaneAAA #3 Posted 13 July 2016 - 12:15 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 42915 battles
  • [SKRAP] SKRAP
best t8 heavies I have: is3 is3a, is6 
mediums: t54 mod, fcm 50t (it's a medium :D ), panzer mutz
lights, black bulldog, amx1390

The isu 152 is definitely something you fear on the battlefield with its top gun, just obliterates you. the rhm borsig is also extremely strong, I don't have it yet.

Edited by kaneAAA, 13 July 2016 - 12:17 PM.

Hoche #4 Posted 13 July 2016 - 12:16 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 9410 battles
  • [LBG] LBG
T8 medium? M26 pershing is still my favourite, can't really comment on the TD's or heavies 

pitypanggg #5 Posted 13 July 2016 - 12:16 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 35310 battles
For a new player (like you) most likely the ones you mentioned.

Eight_Ball #6 Posted 13 July 2016 - 12:19 PM

Major

• Clan Commander
  • 39800 battles
  • [AVOS] AVOS

ISU152 and Rhm Borsig are both great fun.

Premium Lekpz M41 Light tank tierVIII is lovely

I hate heavies - But the T34 is ok, due to heavy armor on the turret.

Medium: T-54 proto (Or Type59) :)

shishx_the_animal #7 Posted 13 July 2016 - 12:21 PM

Colonel

• WGL PRO Player
  • 32532 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

Heavy: IS3 and IS6 (which you already have)

Mediums: Patton KR, STA-2 is lovely now

Lights: AMX1390 purely for that autoloading fun

TD: RHM

Arty: None

Bora_BOOM #8 Posted 13 July 2016 - 12:22 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 28902 battles
  • [DID0] DID0

I have the T-54 Mod1. I think it is a good tank, but every tank is good as much the player who is using it. The thing about T-54 Mod1 is that it is not similar to any particular regular tank as other premiums usually tend to be.

But consider this first - looking at the particular regular tank to obtain in the game and instead of grinding it you choose a closest premium and buy it as a replacement is a bad way to enjoy the game. Grinds and playing different types of tanks is a joy too.

I have several premiums but lately I hardly play any of them cause I have chosen to grind several regular VIII tanks. I have 15 mill credits so don’t have that kind of problems. Have some crews trained so that is done too.

My point? If you have enough credits and good crews go for a grind. Don’t Free-EXP all at once, be smart. Usually grind the tank and then free-exp a module if stock sucks.

Suggestion: go for T32, IS-3, T69, maybe Rhm -B WT. Enjoy the process of getting them and learn.

Edited by Bora_BOOM, 13 July 2016 - 12:29 PM.

anonym_YNch2j0j5oJ9 #9 Posted 13 July 2016 - 12:29 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 0 battles
:D I played the RHM Borsig on the test sever, but i prefer the Ferdinand or ISU-152, it is between those two for me atm.

View PostkaneAAA, on 13 July 2016 - 12:15 PM, said:

best t8 heavies I have: is3 is3a, is6 
mediums: t54 mod, fcm 50t (it's a medium :D ), panzer mutz
lights, black bulldog, amx1390

The isu 152 is definitely something you fear on the battlefield with its top gun, just obliterates you. the rhm borsig is also extremely strong, I don't have it yet.

So the T54 mod 1, is worth getting? (and yep the fcm 50t is totally a medium xD is it better than the T54 mod1 though?)
so u have the IS3 is3a and is6 wow :D do u even play all of them? and by ur experience, a fully ugpraded IS3 is better than the IS6?

View PostNokkeli, on 13 July 2016 - 12:09 PM, said:

Based on what you have

Tier 8 heavy would be IS-3, you have the IS-6 so you have the crew already

Tier 8 medium woulde be Obj. 416 for the same reason as above.

I don't really like TD so i don't know too well but the rhm borsig seems like someting you would want at tier 8

I see Obj. 416 in the games, but it seems pretty awkward, personally when i compared the stats, the T54 mod 1 seems like a better deal..

PS: Thx for all the fast replies :D

PicardDK #10 Posted 13 July 2016 - 12:36 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 70 battles

Bishop - I love to oneshot rerolls

t-34 (russian tier 5 med) with 57mm - just tons of fun

oh wait, you were talking about tier 8 tanks...

ISU-152, IS-3 and thinking about buying back AT-15, because it could just steamroll tomatoes in tier 8 games.

I have IS-6, T34 and Löwe as tier 8 prems, and only the IS-6 is fun to play anymore, the others have been powercreeped ten times over.

anonym_YNch2j0j5oJ9 #11 Posted 13 July 2016 - 12:37 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 0 battles

View PostBora_BOOM, on 13 July 2016 - 12:22 PM, said:

I have the T-54 Mod1. I think it is a good tank, but every tank is good as much the player who is using it. The thing about T-54 Mod1 is that it is not similar to any particular regular tank as other premiums usually tend to be.

But consider this first - looking at the particular regular tank to obtain in the game and instead of grinding it you choose a closest premium and buy it as a replacement is a bad way to enjoy the game. Grinds and playing different types of tanks is a joy too.

I have several premiums but lately I hardly play any of them cause I have chosen to grind several regular VIII tanks. I have 15 mill credits so don’t have that kind of problems. Have some crews trained so that is done too.

My point? If you have enough credits and good crews go for a grind. Don’t Free-EXP all at once, be smart. Usually grind the tank and then free-exp a module if stock sucks.

Suggestion: go for T32, IS-3, T69, maybe Rhm -B WT. Enjoy the process of getting them and learn.

none of the tier 8 mediums (non premiums) made me think, "WOW! I WANT THAT!!" I like the Panther II though, good dmg and pen, fast, armor sucks so i think the Panther II can be a pretty good sniping tank, and great support for heavies when the enemy heavies are reloading. but the Panther I before the panther II seemed terrible when i played it in test servers lol. i also played the Rhm Borsig in test servers, i didn't really like it, it felt very awkward playing it as the shape of the tank is very weird, also liked the Jagpanther at tier 7, and it is before the Ferdinand in the techtree.. so i think i might grind to that? but the huge ISU dmg per shot is so amazing, so i am torn between the ISU and Ferdinand.
so basically at mediums - maybe the Panther II and T54 mod 1, as u said the T54 mod 1 is very unique..
Heavies - IS3 fully upgraded, better than is6, worth getting though? with is6 in garage it feels pretty weird to get an almost similar tank, is3 :|

Tony_EU #12 Posted 13 July 2016 - 12:39 PM

Major

• Player
  • 179 battles
  • [RASHA] RASHA

Stick to preferential matchmaking tanks as much as you can. They are more fun and you have a decent tank in every battle.

Heavies: IS-6, KV-5, IS-3. Maybe AMX 50 100 but I can't stand playing 100% damagedealer support tanks.

Mediums: FCM 50t, M46 KR, Pershing. Possibly T-54 Proto but you are generally better off buying IS-6 and playing it identically. I also really like T-34-3 but it isn't for everyone.

TDs: Borsig with 15cm gun, Jagdpanther II.

SPGs: Shove any you have into where the sun doesn't shine, along with your perverse thoughts of playing them.

Regarding your question about Ferdinand. Yes, Ferdinand is worth it as much as sleeping with a callgirl without a condom.

Edited by Tony_EU, 13 July 2016 - 12:46 PM.

Bora_BOOM #13 Posted 13 July 2016 - 12:41 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 28902 battles
  • [DID0] DID0

OP, some more things that you might find useful:

- you can’t get all the information needed out of the stats in order to judge which tank is better. That is not enough. You need to get opinions, watch streams and videos, have a play-stile for a particular tank

- you have the IS (and I must admit you are not good with it) so why not learn and improve, IS-3 will be available soon to you, so you can compare the two tanks (IS-3 and IS-6) yourself? 

- Obj. 416 and T-54 Mod 1. are not even close to be compared

anonym_YNch2j0j5oJ9 #14 Posted 13 July 2016 - 12:43 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 0 battles

View PostTony_EU, on 13 July 2016 - 12:39 PM, said:

Stick to preferential matchmaking tanks as much as you can. They are more fun and you have a decent tank in every battle.

Heavies: IS-6, KV-5, IS-3. Maybe AMX 50 100 but I can't stand playing 100% damagedealer support tanks.

Mediums: FCM 50t, M46 KR, Pershing. Possibly T-54 Proto but you are generally better off buying IS-6 and playing it identically.

TDs: Borsig with 15cm gun, Jagdpanther II.

SPGs: Shove any you have into where the sun doesn't shine, along with your perverse thoughts of playing them.

Can't see how the T54 proto and IS6 are linked to each other though.. except both are Russian and great,, TDs-Didn't like Borsig in test servers, Ferdinand seems better than Jagdpanther II, im torn between ISU and Ferdinand for TD, for sure in the future i will probably get both, but which one first im having a hard time

dennez #15 Posted 13 July 2016 - 12:44 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 18596 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostTerblanche77, on 13 July 2016 - 12:37 PM, said:

none of the tier 8 mediums (non premiums) made me think, "WOW! I WANT THAT!!" I like the Panther II though, good dmg and pen, fast, armor sucks so i think the Panther II can be a pretty good sniping tank, and great support for heavies when the enemy heavies are reloading. but the Panther I before the panther II seemed terrible when i played it in test servers lol. i also played the Rhm Borsig in test servers, i didn't really like it, it felt very awkward playing it as the shape of the tank is very weird, also liked the Jagpanther at tier 7, and it is before the Ferdinand in the techtree.. so i think i might grind to that? but the huge ISU dmg per shot is so amazing, so i am torn between the ISU and Ferdinand.
so basically at mediums - maybe the Panther II and T54 mod 1, as u said the T54 mod 1 is very unique..
Heavies - IS3 fully upgraded, better than is6, worth getting though? with is6 in garage it feels pretty weird to get an almost similar tank, is3 :|

IS-3 is much better than an IS-6 (gun handling/pen/armor/mobility), but does see tier X, so that's quite a thing. I'd stay away from regular matchmaking tier 8's anyway. They see tier X way too often and you'll be all but useless there.

Coldspell #16 Posted 13 July 2016 - 12:46 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 19876 battles
  • [-B2C-] -B2C-
Mutz is fun as at tier 8 for meds, charioteer for tds, if you like bringing a butter knife to a gun fight the caernarvon is fun for heavies as for lights, the tier 8 german prem, the RU251 and the Wz132 are fun.

dennez #17 Posted 13 July 2016 - 12:46 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 18596 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostTerblanche77, on 13 July 2016 - 12:43 PM, said:

Ferdinand seems better than Jagdpanther II, im torn between ISU and Ferdinand for TD, for sure in the future i will probably get both, but which one first im having a hard time

The only useful tier 8 TD's in todays meta would be the Borsig (turret and ninja camo) or the JPII (mobility and gun).. The Ferdinand is a turdlike relic of days gone by, same as the ISU. Atleast the ISU has the godlike alpha as a redeeming factor.

BrinklyWollox #18 Posted 13 July 2016 - 12:47 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27533 battles

View PostTerblanche77, on 13 July 2016 - 11:03 AM, said:

First of all - if you don't have anything contribute and is just here to insult me or etc., leave now. 

You're not the boss of me. Poopyhead.

View PostTerblanche77, on 13 July 2016 - 11:03 AM, said:

Thanks for ur time!!

You're welcome.

anonym_YNch2j0j5oJ9 #19 Posted 13 July 2016 - 12:48 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 0 battles

View PostBora_BOOM, on 13 July 2016 - 12:41 PM, said:

OP, some more things that you might find useful:

- you can’t get all the information needed out of the stats in order to judge which tank is better. That is not enough. You need to get opinions, watch streams and videos, have a play-stile for a particular tank

- you have the IS (and I must admit you are not good with it) so why not learn and improve, IS-3 will be available soon to you, so you can compare the two tanks (IS-3 and IS-6) yourself? 

- Obj. 416 and T-54 Mod 1. are not even close to be compared

yeah the IS tank i only have like 34 battles i think, and i think none of those battles i actually had a great gun,i went straight for the IS3 and played like 2 battles with the first 122mm gun, so my IS stats are pretty bad ;D but then my friend bought me the IS-6 and i felt like it would be weird to get the IS3 if i have the IS6..

Bora_BOOM #20 Posted 13 July 2016 - 12:48 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 28902 battles
  • [DID0] DID0

View PostTerblanche77, on 13 July 2016 - 11:37 AM, said:

You are referring to many tanks as awkward. That is because they are meant to be different and that is the sole point of playing them. I have played no TD-s until 7500-8000 games! Getting SU-122-44 was a revelation in terms of play-style. Learning to play all the classes (ARTY EXCLUDED) is the thing to go for.

IS-3 has 50 mm more pen than IS-6 on standard and premium shells. Its a huge difference. Grind the IS-3 and you will see. I need 30k more exp to get it myself.

Also tagged with Worth it, Tier8, Tier9, Medium, Heavy, Tankdestroyer, Garage, fun

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users