Which Tier 8 Tank is very fun and totally worth having in your Garage?!

Worth it Tier8 Tier9 Medium Heavy Tankdestroyer Garage fun

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

anonym_YNch2j0j5oJ9 #41 Posted 13 July 2016 - 02:18 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 0 battles

View PostDomstadtkerl, on 13 July 2016 - 02:04 PM, said:

Get an IS3, AMX 50100 and a few of the Tier 8 scouts and you got everything you ever need from that tier. Fun premium I drove a lot are T-34-3 and IS-5, even tho I wouldnt recommend those to new players (or they are not available to them).

tested the amx 50 100 and the extremely long reload makes me cry. not really interested in scouts
Decided on getting IS3 and JagPanther II, and in the far future ISU-152.

Eight_Ball #42 Posted 13 July 2016 - 02:20 PM

Captain

• Clan Commander
  • 39467 battles
  • [AVOS] AVOS
Forgot the RU251 - What a great little scout, that is :)

clixor #43 Posted 13 July 2016 - 03:47 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 54601 battles

View PostTerblanche77, on 13 July 2016 - 02:18 PM, said:

tested the amx 50 100 and the extremely long reload makes me cry. not really interested in scouts
Decided on getting IS3 and JagPanther II, and in the far future ISU-152.

AMX 50 100 is one of the strongest autoloaders tier for tier. Simply because it can take out full hp tier 8 and less tanks with its clip.

RaeudigerRonny #44 Posted 13 July 2016 - 03:53 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 27762 battles

View Postclixor, on 13 July 2016 - 04:47 PM, said:

AMX 50 100 is one of the strongest autoloaders tier for tier. Simply because it can take out full hp tier 8 and less tanks with its clip.

Or clip even most Tier 9s. But I agree its not easy to play and definitely not something to enjoy solo-randoms in.

The_Bon_Juan #45 Posted 13 July 2016 - 04:01 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 9180 battles

IS3, ISU, Ripper Patton, CDC, Mod1 worth owning long term. 

That's about it I think from me. 

Tony_EU #46 Posted 13 July 2016 - 04:06 PM

Major

• Player
  • 55 battles
  • [RASHA] RASHA

View PostThe_Bon_Juan, on 13 July 2016 - 06:01 PM, said:

IS3, ISU, Ripper Patton, CDC, Mod1 worth owning long term. 

That's about it I think from me. 

What exactly are the reasons of owning ISU and CDC at this point? The metagame has gotten really hostile to them over the past year and there is virtually no reason to play either. The only players who play ISU at this points are [edited]who just want to play a noobtube they can camp with.

anonym_YNch2j0j5oJ9 #47 Posted 13 July 2016 - 04:13 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 0 battles

View PostTony_EU, on 13 July 2016 - 04:06 PM, said:

What exactly are the reasons of owning ISU and CDC at this point? The metagame has gotten really hostile to them over the past year and there is virtually no reason to play either. The only players who play ISU at this points are [edited]who just want to play a noobtube they can camp with.

the CDC never even crossed my mind because its armor is absolutely terrible (well, all french tanks are.)
ISU has great alpha damage so it is totally worth getting.. Will WG nerf TD's in the future? i think i read on a forum once that WG will nerf TDs? if they are it would be a shame tbh, ik that they will nerf SPG's though

Tony_EU #48 Posted 13 July 2016 - 04:23 PM

Major

• Player
  • 55 battles
  • [RASHA] RASHA

View PostTerblanche77, on 13 July 2016 - 06:13 PM, said:

ISU has great alpha damage so it is totally worth getting.. Will WG nerf TD's in the future?

And that's where it ends. It's a very rigid campwagon that's easy to play and serves as noob tube to people who want to minimize the skill and not learn the enemy weak spots. But do you actually win games like that? No. It's annoying when one derps half of your health away, but you'll notice that more often than not the players doing that have 30k battles and 48% win rate.

anonym_YNch2j0j5oJ9 #49 Posted 13 July 2016 - 04:30 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 0 battles

View PostTony_EU, on 13 July 2016 - 04:23 PM, said:

And that's where it ends. It's a very rigid campwagon that's easy to play and serves as noob tube to people who want to minimize the skill and not learn the enemy weak spots. But do you actually win games like that? No. It's annoying when one derps half of your health away, but you'll notice that more often than not the players doing that have 30k battles and 48% win rate.

played it in the test servers this morning actually. it is fun to derp with it, 700-800 dmg is very fun XD the armor sucks though. Campwagon? hmm.. which Tankdestroyer doesn't camp though? is it just me or do i see the Ferdinand and JagPanther I + II as a possible attacking TDs? ;D just be careful and make sure ur teammates are close and i think they can attack, the ISU also, ISU can camp but with some teammates at their side, they can also attack, im sure, i think? or im just stupid lmao

kaneAAA #50 Posted 13 July 2016 - 04:48 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 42425 battles
  • [SKRAP] SKRAP

View PostTerblanche77, on 13 July 2016 - 11:29 AM, said:

:D I played the RHM Borsig on the test sever, but i prefer the Ferdinand or ISU-152, it is between those two for me atm.

So the T54 mod 1, is worth getting? (and yep the fcm 50t is totally a medium xD is it better than the T54 mod1 though?)
so u have the IS3 is3a and is6 wow :D do u even play all of them? and by ur experience, a fully ugpraded IS3 is better than the IS6?

I see Obj. 416 in the games, but it seems pretty awkward, personally when i compared the stats, the T54 mod 1 seems like a better deal..

PS: Thx for all the fast replies :D

​I think the is3 is better than is6, just because of the gun and mobility which is extremely good for a heavy (OP), but they are very close, both very powerful. Is3a is basically slightly worse version of is3 (its significantly slower and un depression on is3a is awful, as opposed to just not good) which makes it amazing for grinding credits. Probably either is6 or is3a, no need to get both really, is3a I think is a bit better than is6. Use the is3 to learn heavies at tier 8, its very forgiving!

if you have fcm 50t and t54 mod you have 2 excellent mediums with 2 totally different playstyles, which is good for variety. SO t54 is very heavy in playstyle, slow well armoured, gun not good at distance or sniping, while the 50t is fast, great for sniping and can't take hits (no armour) ... they are pretty much polar opposites both strong in their own right. I think t54 is supposed to be great for weaker players to learn, whereas really experienced players love the 50t cos they are good at not taking damage (not giving enemy a chance).

OH I FORGOT : is6 and fcm 50t don't see tier 10s!!!! that's pretty important. t54 mod does..can be painful ...very painful -.-

Edited by kaneAAA, 13 July 2016 - 04:54 PM.

leggasiini #51 Posted 14 July 2016 - 07:35 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 17216 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

ISU is still ridicously good actually. The BL-10 is still so menacing even on more corridory meta. Object 268 suffers significantly more from corridor meta, though.

As for some very fun tier 8s, first ones which havent been mentioned yet:

- T49, 152mm derp, -10 depression and goes 72kph? Why it hasnt mentioned yet?

- O-Ho is really hilarous if you can play slow tanks and get used on its depression. 3x O-Ho platoon brings term hilarous to whole new level.

And then some others

-IS-3 for absolutely obvious reasons because its definely not most broken tier 8, hehe

- ISU-152 is good. Even in corridor meta having tier X TD gun on tier VIII TD s ridiculous.

- AMX 50 100 fir megalomanic clip lol

- Some cool premiums. IS-6 is fair and balanced, T-54 mod 1 is nice heavium, Revalorise is weird but fun, STA-2, CDC, KR and mutz are all decent.

dennez #52 Posted 14 July 2016 - 08:11 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 18488 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostTerblanche77, on 13 July 2016 - 04:30 PM, said:

Campwagon? hmm.. which Tankdestroyer doesn't camp though? 

This is where you're wrong.. Supporting != camping

LordMuffin #53 Posted 14 July 2016 - 08:13 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 52608 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

Caernarvon, because then you will see how good the other T8 tanks are.

Or the SU-101 because it looks good. 

Tony_EU #54 Posted 14 July 2016 - 08:25 AM

Major

• Player
  • 55 battles
  • [RASHA] RASHA

View PostTerblanche77, on 13 July 2016 - 06:30 PM, said:

Campwagon? hmm.. which Tankdestroyer doesn't camp though?

Camping is a losing playing style. A tank that excels at making losing plays is not a good tank, no matter how annoying and easy to play it is.

anonym_YNch2j0j5oJ9 #55 Posted 14 July 2016 - 09:07 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 0 battles

View PostTony_EU, on 14 July 2016 - 08:25 AM, said:

Camping is a losing playing style. A tank that excels at making losing plays is not a good tank, no matter how annoying and easy to play it is.

I meant it like, all the tankdestroyers in the battles camps, i will be an attacking TD supporting my teammates, not those who camp at the base and steal kills, unless on certain maps when i will have to. can't wait till i get the JagPanther I + II and JagdTiger :D

CAS_Frogfoot #56 Posted 14 July 2016 - 11:12 AM

Private

• Player
  • 23981 battles
  • [INNER] INNER

Well after looking thro the comments,seems u are looking for a tanks with superior armor and alpha dmg over other contenders.

Tier 8 right now is kinda between the hammer and anvil and that applies to almost all tanks with a few exceptions,so u should keep in mind that u gonna feel useless when u are bottom and face t9 and t10 tanks.

Heavy Tanks are rulled by IS-3 (Stalinium armor,superb pen and alpha dmg)

T-32 (Hulldown Monster with hell of a frontal turret armor)

AMX 50-100 (French Baguette that can clip every tier 8,most of tier 9 and can seriously cripple tie10 tank)

IS-6 (HD Stalinium Armor,cant see anything beyound t9)

Medium Tanks - here things are rather complicated . . . people are playing t8 premium meds more then regular ones and they are kinda power-creeped compared to others.

SuPaPershing (Space Armor all along the front and turret forcing people to actually aim for your weakspots and not yolo rush,bad AP pen,sluggish)

T-54 Proto (T-44 with more armor,pubstomper vs t6 and t7 tanks can give a hard time to unnexperianced t8 tankers,bad gun dep,Low ammo capacity)

KoreanPershing (More mobile then M26 Pershing,less turret armor,less shell velocity)

AMX CDC (Best Mobility of all t8 med tanks,90mil gun that carry everything that you need (Pen,Alpha,Shell Velocity,Aim time,Accuracy) None-excistend armor,sluggish treverse speed,paper ammorack)

T-34-3 (Decent mobility,Best alpha of all t8 mediums (390) very good turret armor,poor gun handling and dpm)

Panther 8.8 (Cheap shells and repair costs,2nd best dpm okeish aim time,fragile ammorack,good mobility and HP)

Panzer 58 Mutz (Everything that Indien Panzer should of be - better in every aspect with superb shell velocity (only downsides are lower dpm and HP) )

Sherman M41 Ravioli (Standart shells are apcr,same alpha as t34-3,bad aimtime,poor mobility and bad treverse speed)

STA-2 (Almost the same as STA-1 with different prem ammunition and poor shell velocity of standart AP)

Tank Destroyers - With current ''corridor meta'' TD's like ISU and Ferdi are more preferable and are more common seen on the battlefield.

ISU-152 (BL-10 - 750 Alpha fear factor)

Ferdinand (Superior Gun depression and gun arc compared to Jadgpanther 2,Huge HP pool (recently buffed) well armored frontal armor and structure - can give a headache to people that dont know how to deal with it,not so mobile as JP2)

Jagdpanther 2 (Very mobile - can go in and out of troubles,Strong super-structure effective for hulldown fights but was nerfed in HD,bad cammo small gun arc,weak frontal armor)

There are other t8 Tank Destroyers but some of them are more situational,and kinda doesnt fit your playstyle altho T-28 Proto (american TD) is almost the same as Ferdi and might be a good choice for a grind.

The only thing that bothers me is that you try to rush higher tiers without knowing how to play a certain tank. PTS in this condition doesnt give you enough information how a certain tank perform,especially for a heavy tank with all that ''gold spamm'' flying around.

Have you ever thought that it would be better to start at t5 probably ? Learning the basics and especially where to go with your tank and why,understanding map control is vital for every role.

Probably that is the reason why u are not interested in Lights (they are more skill-capped) altho they can be a powerful in certain situations.

Getting tanks like T54 Proto and Is6 witch both are noob-friendly might could teach you things or 2 but dont think when u jump on the battlefield u gonna steamrole everybody just because your tanks are more armored then your foes.Knowing the strengths and weakneses of your tanks is essential for carring teams or winning battles with odds against you.Watching streams and youtube reviews is also a good way to become better at this game.

I wish you dont accept this post as rant or qq towards ya.Just trying to show you overview of t8 situation and witch tanks suits your playstyle better and rushing higher tiers tanks is sometimes not the best choice and dont bring so much fun as we thought.

anonym_YNch2j0j5oJ9 #57 Posted 14 July 2016 - 12:15 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 0 battles

View PostCAS_Frogfoot, on 14 July 2016 - 11:12 AM, said:

Well after looking thro the comments,seems u are looking for a tanks with superior armor and alpha dmg over other contenders.

Tier 8 right now is kinda between the hammer and anvil and that applies to almost all tanks with a few exceptions,so u should keep in mind that u gonna feel useless when u are bottom and face t9 and t10 tanks.

Heavy Tanks are rulled by IS-3 (Stalinium armor,superb pen and alpha dmg)

T-32 (Hulldown Monster with hell of a frontal turret armor)

AMX 50-100 (French Baguette that can clip every tier 8,most of tier 9 and can seriously cripple tie10 tank)

IS-6 (HD Stalinium Armor,cant see anything beyound t9)

Medium Tanks - here things are rather complicated . . . people are playing t8 premium meds more then regular ones and they are kinda power-creeped compared to others.

SuPaPershing (Space Armor all along the front and turret forcing people to actually aim for your weakspots and not yolo rush,bad AP pen,sluggish)

T-54 Proto (T-44 with more armor,pubstomper vs t6 and t7 tanks can give a hard time to unnexperianced t8 tankers,bad gun dep,Low ammo capacity)

KoreanPershing (More mobile then M26 Pershing,less turret armor,less shell velocity)

AMX CDC (Best Mobility of all t8 med tanks,90mil gun that carry everything that you need (Pen,Alpha,Shell Velocity,Aim time,Accuracy) None-excistend armor,sluggish treverse speed,paper ammorack)

T-34-3 (Decent mobility,Best alpha of all t8 mediums (390) very good turret armor,poor gun handling and dpm)

Panther 8.8 (Cheap shells and repair costs,2nd best dpm okeish aim time,fragile ammorack,good mobility and HP)

Panzer 58 Mutz (Everything that Indien Panzer should of be - better in every aspect with superb shell velocity (only downsides are lower dpm and HP) )

Sherman M41 Ravioli (Standart shells are apcr,same alpha as t34-3,bad aimtime,poor mobility and bad treverse speed)

STA-2 (Almost the same as STA-1 with different prem ammunition and poor shell velocity of standart AP)

Tank Destroyers - With current ''corridor meta'' TD's like ISU and Ferdi are more preferable and are more common seen on the battlefield.

ISU-152 (BL-10 - 750 Alpha fear factor)

Ferdinand (Superior Gun depression and gun arc compared to Jadgpanther 2,Huge HP pool (recently buffed) well armored frontal armor and structure - can give a headache to people that dont know how to deal with it,not so mobile as JP2)

Jagdpanther 2 (Very mobile - can go in and out of troubles,Strong super-structure effective for hulldown fights but was nerfed in HD,bad cammo small gun arc,weak frontal armor)

There are other t8 Tank Destroyers but some of them are more situational,and kinda doesnt fit your playstyle altho T-28 Proto (american TD) is almost the same as Ferdi and might be a good choice for a grind.

The only thing that bothers me is that you try to rush higher tiers without knowing how to play a certain tank. PTS in this condition doesnt give you enough information how a certain tank perform,especially for a heavy tank with all that ''gold spamm'' flying around.

Have you ever thought that it would be better to start at t5 probably ? Learning the basics and especially where to go with your tank and why,understanding map control is vital for every role.

Probably that is the reason why u are not interested in Lights (they are more skill-capped) altho they can be a powerful in certain situations.

Getting tanks like T54 Proto and Is6 witch both are noob-friendly might could teach you things or 2 but dont think when u jump on the battlefield u gonna steamrole everybody just because your tanks are more armored then your foes.Knowing the strengths and weakneses of your tanks is essential for carring teams or winning battles with odds against you.Watching streams and youtube reviews is also a good way to become better at this game.

I wish you dont accept this post as rant or qq towards ya.Just trying to show you overview of t8 situation and witch tanks suits your playstyle better and rushing higher tiers tanks is sometimes not the best choice and dont bring so much fun as we thought.

:) I think that rushing the ISU, i won't miss much, because ISU is the most noob friendly tank ever xD but im not gonna get it just yet, because the JagPanther and JagPanther II, and the JagTiger line guarantees me fun at tier 7-9, as the ISU line can only give me some fun at the tier 8 basically. So i am probably going for the JagPanther II line, do you that is a good choice? I won't skip straight to the tier 8.. maybe to the tier 6 or 7 i will want to skip to.
Heavy tank wise, im already at the IS, so IS-3 i can get pretty easily and i will. The AMX 50 100 has a great gun and can eat the enemies pretty easily as u said, but the extremely long reload time... that's the thing that made me decide against getting it, and yeah the T32 turret armor is amazing, i might possibly go for it in the future, but for now i think i must first be happy with the IS-3 as a heavy (is6 already in garage also)
thx for the reply :D

CAS_Frogfoot #58 Posted 14 July 2016 - 12:19 PM

Private

• Player
  • 23981 battles
  • [INNER] INNER

View PostTerblanche77, on 14 July 2016 - 11:15 AM, said:

:) I think that rushing the ISU, i won't miss much, because ISU is the most noob friendly tank ever xD but im not gonna get it just yet, because the JagPanther and JagPanther II, and the JagTiger line guarantees me fun at tier 7-9, as the ISU line can only give me some fun at the tier 8 basically. So i am probably going for the JagPanther II line, do you that is a good choice? I won't skip straight to the tier 8.. maybe to the tier 6 or 7 i will want to skip to.
Heavy tank wise, im already at the IS, so IS-3 i can get pretty easily and i will. The AMX 50 100 has a great gun and can eat the enemies pretty easily as u said, but the extremely long reload time... that's the thing that made me decide against getting it, and yeah the T32 turret armor is amazing, i might possibly go for it in the future, but for now i think i must first be happy with the IS-3 as a heavy (is6 already in garage also)

Actually i choose JP2 just because of it's mobility witch can make a difference in some situations.

TheRealTwist #59 Posted 14 July 2016 - 12:40 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 40541 battles
  • [CAHU] CAHU

-Heavy Tanks- IS3 and IS3A
-Mediums- Mutz, CDC, Obj 416
-TD- Borsig, Charioteer

-Light- German Bulldog, wz-132, T-54 LTWT, Ru251

pitypanggg #60 Posted 14 July 2016 - 02:47 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 35310 battles

View PostTerblanche77, on 14 July 2016 - 12:15 PM, said:

I would not skip the Stug, it is a good td. Marder, Hetzer as well.

Also tagged with Worth it, Tier8, Tier9, Medium, Heavy, Tankdestroyer, Garage, fun

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users