Jump to content


protect my own or kill the enemy arty?

luchs unexpected end decision

  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Klackon44 #1 Posted 16 July 2016 - 01:08 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 15825 battles
  • 373
  • Member since:
    09-12-2011

Hello fellow tankers, I've just had an interesting game which ended rather unfortunately.

 

At first I was steaming, but when I did come down, I started asking myself - maybe my decision to protect the arty was not correct - in general terms, not just because I got killed for it (yes I said it - I decided during the game that protecting the arty is the best course of action and got TKd for being a bot, nothing new under the sun, bring out the pitchforks :P)

 

Anyway, here's the replay, please ignore the actual ending - it was sad and funny at the same time, but tell me what would you do differently if you were me - especially after I got pushed off the middle ridge (or earlier for that matter - any constructive criticism is welcome)

http://wotreplays.com/site/2816291#murovanka-klackon44-pz_kpfw_ii_luchs

 

 

PS Oh and if someone does ressurect the Luchs Company..., I would love to try out for it, just please dont hold this particular game against me :O

 



Erwin_Von_Braun #2 Posted 19 July 2016 - 08:23 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 42234 battles
  • 5,911
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    01-25-2014

Ahoy!

It matters not how the game ends, just if fun was had:)

I'm a big fan of the Luchs + it's Big Bro the VK16.02 Leo + it's Bigger Bro the VK28.01.

The last two are superb counter-scouts and great for ramming, but both are equally great at wasting arty.

Personally, I like to wait for a gap in the lines and make a move for the enemy arty - even if u don't make it, u can always light them up and hope that your arty is paying attention. :facepalm:



Orkbert #3 Posted 24 July 2016 - 05:59 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 27359 battles
  • 2,004
  • Member since:
    08-29-2013

View PostKlackon44, on 16 July 2016 - 01:08 AM, said:

Hello fellow tankers, I've just had an interesting game which ended rather unfortunately.

 

[...]

 

 

Well, that spot which you chose to defend the arties was a bit too close to them for my tastes. Still no reason to TK, especially without any warning. Although I just recently had a similar run-in with such a [edited]that happened to be from the same clan. My opinion of that clan now gets solidified. Of course, they're always welcome to apologize.

 

As for the question: Since the LeFH was spared from the arty nerf they have fast enough reload to fight for themselves, all the more if it's a whole trio. So no defense for them (apart from me engaging the enemy elsewhere)

 



Klackon44 #4 Posted 28 July 2016 - 05:28 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 15825 battles
  • 373
  • Member since:
    09-12-2011

View PostOrkbert, on 24 July 2016 - 04:59 PM, said:

 

Well, that spot which you chose to defend the arties was a bit too close to them for my tastes. Still no reason to TK, especially without any warning. Although I just recently had a similar run-in with such a [edited]that happened to be from the same clan. My opinion of that clan now gets solidified. Of course, they're always welcome to apologize.

 

As for the question: Since the LeFH was spared from the arty nerf they have fast enough reload to fight for themselves, all the more if it's a whole trio. So no defense for them (apart from me engaging the enemy elsewhere)

 

 

thanks for the reply, that makes sense - especially as you said for a 58% toon of 3leFH's, next time I'll just go hunt the arty :)

Klackon44 #5 Posted 28 July 2016 - 05:31 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 15825 battles
  • 373
  • Member since:
    09-12-2011

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 19 July 2016 - 07:23 PM, said:

Ahoy!

It matters not how the game ends, just if fun was had:)

I'm a big fan of the Luchs + it's Big Bro the VK16.02 Leo + it's Bigger Bro the VK28.01.

The last two are superb counter-scouts and great for ramming, but both are equally great at wasting arty.

Personally, I like to wait for a gap in the lines and make a move for the enemy arty - even if u don't make it, u can always light them up and hope that your arty is paying attention. :facepalm:

 

Hello, you just named 3 of my favourite tanks :) cheers!






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users